ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,789

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1781 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:49 pm

what's racist about my comment? What's racist is pointing the finger at Asians because of something a previously obscure lab in China may or may not be responsible for. And even if they are responsible, was it done on purpose? I doubt it.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#1782 » by exculpatory » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:42 pm

Now I am truly pissed.

This has abso **** lutely nothing to do with **** racism, goddamit.

And it is indeed a **** medical issue & a medical priority to try to understand exactly where this horrific/accursed virus came from - the one that has **** killed MILLIONS of people.

The origin should have been comprehensively investigated more than a year ago.

It was not pursued as much as it should have been at that time because the **** PC/woke MSM closed their mother **** eyes because the issue was primarily raised by Pompeo & Republican senators.

The CCP was not transparent & sadly it appears that the WHO may have carried their **** water.

We may never get a definitive answer because I do not expect the CCP to cooperate - but it most **** definitely should be investigated out the wazoo nonetheless - in the hope we can learn things which might prevent the next pandemic.

If it indeed came from that lab (perhaps accidentally because of inadequate safety protocols during extremely dangerous gain of function research) & it turns out that our NIH indirectly gave that lab major monies - then MASSIVE SHAME on them & SHAME on us! And, of course, the CCP would then owe planet earth 100 quadrillion dollars in damages - which of course it will never pay.

I cannot **** believe the nauseating **** I have read all over this board during this past week by individuals on BOTH sides of the political spectrum.

**** this!

P. **** S.
Google Jamie Metzl - a progressive liberal Democrat & former member of the NSC.
He is a courageous truth teller.

SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,983

Post#1783 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:53 am

Curmudgeon wrote:what's racist about my comment? What's racist is pointing the finger at Asians because of something a previously obscure lab in China may or may not be responsible for. And even if they are responsible, was it done on purpose? I doubt it.

You were in the original quote but my comment wasn't directed towards you.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1784 » by jmr07019 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:32 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Where it originated is a political issue, not a medical one. So let's say the lab in Wuhan screwed up and somehow it can be proved (unlikely). Is anyone going to demand reparations from the Chinese government? And even if they do, what will the Chinese response be, other than "Go pound sand?" And if an individual at the Wuhan lab screwed up, should the entire lab be responsible, or just the people responsible for security?

The whole thing is a cruel snipe hunt intended to mollify people outside China who want to blame China for their own political gain.

wanting to know the truth about a once in a hundred year pandemic is racist. got it

No, but instantly assuming it's true because it's reported on Fox news and next to no where else early in the pandemic certainly points in that direction. After a year of the right people with the right training tracing it to it's source is a different story (and one I haven't been following so I'm not commenting on whether it came from a lab or not). You don't just assume someone's guilty without proper evidence and a trial, unless of course you're an ****.

I see it differently than you. People didn't instantly assume it's true. Some people asked a questions on youtube....videos were removed. Make a meme and post it on FB? BANNED. And if you even think it's possible. Not that you know. Just think it's a possibility and would like to look into it.... well then you're a racist, a conspiracy theorist or both. Curm's response proves my point.

I agree with Curm that we'll never actually know. I agree that even if it was proven that the disease was made in a lab and escaped China wouldn't compensate anyone. This is why I originally said I don't really care. At the end of the day my life won't change much regardless of where it came from.

What does piss me off is people throwing the word racist around whenever someone disagree with them which is the go to move for faaar too many.
Show Love Spread Love
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1785 » by exculpatory » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:30 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
wanting to know the truth about a once in a hundred year pandemic is racist. got it

No, but instantly assuming it's true because it's reported on Fox news and next to no where else early in the pandemic certainly points in that direction. After a year of the right people with the right training tracing it to it's source is a different story (and one I haven't been following so I'm not commenting on whether it came from a lab or not). You don't just assume someone's guilty without proper evidence and a trial, unless of course you're an ****.

I see it differently than you. People didn't instantly assume it's true. Some people asked a questions on youtube....videos were removed. Make a meme and post it on FB? BANNED. And if you even think it's possible. Not that you know. Just think it's a possibility and would like to look into it.... well then you're a racist, a conspiracy theorist or both. Curm's response proves my point.

I agree with Curm that we'll never actually know. I agree that even if it was proven that the disease was made in a lab and escaped China wouldn't compensate anyone. This is why I originally said I don't really care. At the end of the day my life won't change much regardless of where it came from.

What does piss me off is people throwing the word racist around whenever someone disagree with them which is the go to move for faaar too many.

1000000% abso **** lutely spot the **** on!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#1786 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:51 am

exculpatory wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:

You two snowflakes realize I wasn't calling Jmr a racist right? And yes, its obviously important and not racist to want to trace this. Everyone gets that (I think). Early on in the pandemic there was the story that the virus could have originated in a Wuhan lab though that was speculative that gained traction in the right wing media that led to a lot of instances of racism against Asian people in this country. My wife knows a little old Chinese lady who was in a store and had someone walk up to her and cough in her face during the pandemic. There was a Chinese family that was attacked by a knife weilding nut in Arizona, etc. So no, I'm not calling anyone here a racist over it, I'm just talking about the repercussions that original story had when it was handled irresponsibly, and if that pisses you off then boo **** hoo.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1787 » by exculpatory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:05 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
I see it differently than you. People didn't instantly assume it's true. Some people asked questions on youtube....videos were removed. Made a meme and posted it on FB? BANNED. And if you even think it's possible. Not that you know. Just think it's a possibility and would like to look into it.... well then you're a racist, a conspiracy theorist or both. Curm's response proves my point.

I agree with Curm that we'll never actually know. I agree that even if it was proven that the disease was made in a lab and escaped, China wouldn't compensate anyone. This is why I originally said I don't really care. At the end of the day, my life won't change much regardless of where it came from.

What does piss me off is people throwing the word racist around whenever someone disagrees with them - which is the go to move for faaar too many.

You two snowflakes realize I wasn't calling Jmr a racist right? And yes, it’s obviously important and not racist to want to trace this. Everyone gets that (I think). Early on in the pandemic there was the story that the virus could have originated in a Wuhan lab - though that was speculative that gained traction in the right wing media that led to a lot of instances of racism against Asian people in this country. My wife knows a little old Chinese lady who was in a store and had someone walk up to her and cough in her face during the pandemic. There was a Chinese family that was attacked by a knife weilding nut in Arizona, etc. So no, I'm not calling anyone here a racist over it. I'm just talking about the repercussions that original story had when it was handled irresponsibly, and if that pisses you off then boo **** hoo.

Dear Snowflake Bad-Thoma - my collegial Celtic co-fanatic,
1) Not everybody on your side of the fence “gets that” - far too many do not “get it.”
2) Pompeo & Cotton did NOT handle this issue irresponsibly.
3) The anti-Asian hooliganism performed by dick wads at that time AND also recently was indeed racist, unacceptable & abominable. Period.
4) What I am also saying is that Secretary Pompeo & Senator Cotton raised valid concerns about the potential lab origin >1 year ago which should have prompted a massively comprehensive investigation at that time - and were ignored/dismissed/demeaned by the grossly biased, overwhelmingly PC MSM simply because they are on the political right. That is **** outrageous journalistic malpractice.
Now, lo & behold, it looks like they may well have been correct, the MSM is finally changing its **** tune/retroactively editing their headlines from a year ago, & that long overdue comprehensive investigation is finally about to **** happen. Period.
Signed,
Snowflake Rob (ONLY when it comes to Covid & what is best for the public health)
PS Once again, I encourage you to listen to the truly outstanding Jamie Metzl You Tube I posted above - if you want to hear a lefty who has the guts & integrity to speak the truth.
PPS Run on sentences are not your friend. I had to edit your post to understand it.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#1788 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:15 am

exculpatory wrote:PPS Run on sentences are not your friend. I had to edit your post to understand it.

Grammar fascist!

JK, I seldom use my phone to post, it doesn't go well.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1789 » by exculpatory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:17 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
exculpatory wrote:PPS Run on sentences are not your friend. I had to edit your post to understand it.

Grammar fascist!

Excuses excuses excuses.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#1790 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:01 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:

Grammar fascist!

Excuses excuses excuses.

Am I wrong in thinking you need commas between those excuses? I can't remember, and I was an English major back before I followed Robert Frost's advice at the fork in the road. I saw the main path and decided to lean more Donner party.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1791 » by exculpatory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:58 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
Grammar fascist!

Excuses excuses excuses.

Am I wrong in thinking you need commas between those excuses? I can't remember, and I was an English major back before I followed Robert Frost's advice at the fork in the road. I saw the main path and decided to lean more Donner party.

Meaning you chose a more adventurous life OR are you a **** cannibal?
Given your political propensities, I am guessing the latter.
:lol:
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#1792 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:40 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Excuses excuses excuses.

Meaning you chose a more adventurous life OR are you a **** cannibal?
Given your political propensities, I am guessing the latter.
:lol:

Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#1793 » by Disinformation » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:03 pm

Found out yesterday my 75 year old mother got COVID despite having been vaxxed and continuing to take precautions. Fortunately, it seems to be a mild case -- presumably due to the vaccine -- but it's a reminder that you can do all the right things and still get it.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,815

Post#1794 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:43 pm

Disinformation wrote:Found out yesterday my 75 year old mother got COVID despite having been vaxxed and continuing to take precautions. Fortunately, it seems to be a mild case -- presumably due to the vaccine -- but it's a reminder that you can do all the right things and still get it.

Sorry to hear that your Mom got this.
Hopefully it stays Mild, and she passes through it OK.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#1795 » by Disinformation » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:57 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Disinformation wrote:Found out yesterday my 75 year old mother got COVID despite having been vaxxed and continuing to take precautions. Fortunately, it seems to be a mild case -- presumably due to the vaccine -- but it's a reminder that you can do all the right things and still get it.

Thanks. It was scary at first, especially since she is so far from me (I'm in Seattle, she's in NC) and I haven't actually seen her in 18 months. But she's recovered amazingly fast (again, likely due to the vax) and I am very thankful for that.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1796 » by canman1971 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:21 pm

Disinformation wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

Thanks. It was scary at first, especially since she is so far from me (I'm in Seattle, she's in NC) and I haven't actually seen her in 18 months. But she's recovered amazingly fast (again, likely due to the vax) and I am very thankful for that.

Great to hear.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1797 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Ex, should we be concerned about the cases of myocarditis being seen in young men who were given the Moderna or Phizer vaccines?
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1798 » by truth18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Ex, should we be concerned about the cases of myocarditis being seen in young men who were given the Moderna or Phizer vaccines?

Nope. Less than 500 people have reported symptoms, which is barely anyone. The effects of long covid are worse as well and can include strokes and heart attacks.

Watch your health closely as you normally would but I wouldn't worry.

Ex, hmu on PM for a discord invite if you want one.
YOU LOSE
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1799 » by exculpatory » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:29 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Ex, should we be concerned about the cases of myocarditis being seen in young men who were given the Moderna or Phizer vaccines?

Risk appears to be very small.
The consequences of immediate/acute & long term/chronic Covid appear to be much greater.
But…
I reserve more definitive judgment until I see what emanates from next week’s meeting of prime time cardiologists & ID docs advising the CDC.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#1800 » by exculpatory » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:34 am

truth18 wrote:
Ex, hmu on PM for a discord invite if you want one.

Sure, send it over.

Not sure when I will use it.

Very busy with life these days.

Return to Boston Celtics