ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST) 

Post#61 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:42 am

Luka was terrible and a no show , kleber had zero reason to play he was pitiful just a disgusting performance, yet people will continue to say how valuable maxi is, two consecutive playoffs he's been worthless
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#62 » by Absinthe » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:43 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
leolozon wrote:Yeah, the refs advantaged the CLips, but why do they have to suck so bad in the 4th? Luka hasn't been good 1 time in the 4th in 6 games.

He got 3 easy layup that they gave him and just hit the 3 in garbage time I guess... He was moving worst than in the last game.

He got his teammates a lot of good looks in the 4th. Maxi turned down some open 3s, THJ missed some open 3s, and we just missed some opportunities.

That’s exactly the damn problem. Getting them good looks is absolutely worthless if they won’t shoot or can’t hit open shots. It’s like I said before, he has to be aggressive and will them to victory because the supporting cast is too weak.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#63 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:45 am

Teffer10 wrote:Mavs had so many opportunities to end this thing in games 3 and 6 and obviously don't want this as much as Clips.
No way do Mavs win game 7. It is men against boys and we haven't matured yet.
Kawhi is too experienced in the POs and it is showing.

I don't understand all of the beta takes on this forum. We're bleeping 3-0 in LA, the game hasn't even tipped off and you're posting "We're F'd!"

There was a post in this thread before tip off. We can't do it. At what point watching this game did it look like the Mavs were overmatched???

This is a see-saw, could go either way series. It's been that way every game but game 4 when Luka was clearly not right.

The Mavs are at least 50/50 on Sunday. Don't give me this We're F'd nonsense. I don't wanna hear it.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 844

Post#64 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:45 am

Brunson was such a momentum killer in this game.
The big TO in the 1st quarter, the missed FTs at the end of 3rd, and then the missed shot at the beginning of 4th seemed to deflate this team.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,746

Post#65 » by leolozon » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:48 am

What a freaking wasted opportunity. That no call on THJ's 3 was a 5pt swing too... Plus Doncic should have shot more FTs than that considering all the 50/50 calls he didn't get. That missed dunk by KP where there was contact...
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#66 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:48 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Mavs had so many opportunities to end this thing in games 3 and 6 and obviously don't want this as much as Clips.

I don't understand all of the beta takes on this forum. We're bleeping 3-0 in LA, the game hasn't even tipped off and you're posting "We're F'd!"

There was a post in this thread before tip off. We can't do it. At what point watching this game did it look like the Mavs were overmatched???

This is a see-saw, could go either way series. It's been that way every game but game 4 when Luka was clearly not right.

The Mavs are at least 50/50 on Sunday. Don't give me this We're F'd nonsense. I don't wanna hear it.

Can't blow that many opportunities and come out a winner.
Kawhi's experience is showing and will most likely dominate in the 7th game.
Mavs aren't there yet and I'd be surprised if they mature that fast in the most important game of all their careers.
I hope I'm wrong.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:49 am

Kawhi is shooting 61% in this series and has had 3 games of shooting 72% or better, including tonight. That's the problem.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#68 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:49 am

12 and 9 in 17 minutes or 0 and 3 in 21 minutes boban vs trashy kleber
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:50 am

leolozon wrote:What a freaking wasted opportunity. That no call on THJ's 3 was a 5pt swing too... Plus Doncic should have shot more FTs than that considering all the 50/50 call he didn't get. That missed dunk by KP where there was contact...

I usually think the posts on here are biased about missed calls by the refs, but this game we have a strong case.

The Clippers basically just beat the **** out of us all night and the refs did nothing about it. Was extremely frustrating to watch :banghead:
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,548

Post#70 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:53 am

Pinkyring wrote:12 and 9 in 17 minutes or 0 and 3 in 21 minutes boban vs trashy kleber

And what about KP? Second star and max player cannot get over 10 points in multiple games? Or Richardson, who replaced Seth? This team has worse roster than last year. 3:3 is a miracle.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:55 am

Teffer10 wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:

Can't blow that many opportunities and come out a winner.
Kawhi's experience is showing and will most likely dominate in the 7th game.
Mavs aren't there yet and I'd be surprised if they mature that fast in the most important game of all their careers.
I hope I'm wrong.

Expect another nail biter. That's what I'm thinking.
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#72 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:56 am

Screw the refs the problems with this team have been glaring and why i scoff at paying 20m to thj, we only have 1 playmaker who makes very bad to dumb decisions with the balk a lot, and a 60m 4/5 center spot filled with soft guys that cant defend or rebound as well as not 1 guy that can defend the perimeter at a high level
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#73 » by Absinthe » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:57 am

Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:12 and 9 in 17 minutes or 0 and 3 in 21 minutes boban vs trashy kleber

And what about KP? Second star and max player cannot get over 10 points in multiple games? Or Richardson, who replaced Seth? This team has worse roster than last year. 3:3 is a miracle.

You’re right. I would take Seth back in a heartbeat. And KP played great in the bubble last season, but very well might be trying to play his way out of this team. Honestly, I would bench KP. Give his minutes to Powell. At least Powell tries and is an alley pop threat. The roster is worse and the Mavs stayed out at the trade deadline other than getting Reddick. You know who would really help against Leonard? Aaron Gordon. And he was available too.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#74 » by agentofatlas » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:00 am

Dude the Mavs suck at home lol.

Hopefully Luka goes nuclear next game. Man this roster really needs an overhaul.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#75 » by agentofatlas » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:01 am

Absinthe wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

You’re right. I would take Seth back in a heartbeat. And KP played great in the bubble last season, but very well might be trying to play his way out of this team. Honestly, I would bench KP. Give his minutes to Powell. At least Powell tries and is an alley pop threat. The roster is worse and the Mavs stayed out at the trade deadline other than getting Reddick. You know who would really help against Leonard? Aaron Gordon. And he was available too.

Gordon would have been perfect. Would gladly overpay for him too.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#76 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:03 am

Absinthe wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Clippers were doubling Luka and KP cannot even get shots? This must be some kind of a joke. Averaging 4 rebounds in 31 minutes? Wtf?
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#77 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:05 am

Bob8 wrote:

U forget i was the guy last year saying trade him we could have had Randle for half the cost and everybody called me dumb etc, but theres no point of playing him if u aren't going to use him and 6 and 7 shots is pitiful.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#78 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:05 am

Absinthe wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I don't understand why the Mavs didn't go hard after AG at TDL.
Seems to be exactly what this team needs and another missed opportunity imo.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:07 am

Bob8 wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Clippers were doubling Luka and KP cannot even get shots? This must be some kind of a joke. Averaging 4 rebounds in 31 minutes? Wtf?

Against guys over a half foot shorter than him.
Pitiful...absolutely pitiful!!!
Bob8
General Manager

Post#80 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:10 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

U forget i was the guy last year saying trade him we could have had Randle for half the cost and everybody called me dumb etc, but theres no point of playing him if u aren't going to use him and 6 and 7 shots is pitiful.

They should trade him tonight. He's the only reason why Mavs haven't already won this series. Just compare KP and PG13. 1 good KP game at home would have been enough.

Return to Dallas Mavericks