ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G6 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9PM EST) 

Post#81 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:14 am

Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
And what about KP? Second star and max player cannot get over 10 points in multiple games? Or Richardson, who replaced Seth? This team has worse roster than last year. 3:3 is a miracle.

U forget i was the guy last year saying trade him we could have had Randle for half the cost and everybody called me dumb etc, but theres no point of playing him if u aren't going to use him and 6 and 7 shots is pitiful.

They should trade him tonight. He's the only reason why Mavs haven't already won this series. Just compare KP and PG13. 1 good KP game at home would have been enough.

Whst game are yall watching, a lot of kp complaining but he can't pass to himself, he doesn't get touches, this team has a clear gameplan to run it through luka and thj and feed boban when he's in, kp isn't an offensive priority.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#82 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:24 am

I really feel like the Mavs have developed a reputation for complaining too much with the refs, so once Luka ripped them & showed them up, it felt like the refs took it personal and just flat out screwed the Mavs the rest of the game. I don't remember it being so lopsided before that.

Plus, I think the NBA wants LA to advance. We just gotta be smarter than that. Stop trying to show the refs up. It's not working in our favor. I never seen the refs go "Oh you're right Luka" and then he starts getting calls. They just screw him worse. When is Luka gonna learn? If anything he's causing the other players on the team to do it. Like THJ when he complained & didn't get back on D for that Batum alley oop.

So frustrating. Self-inflicted wounds.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#83 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:25 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:U forget i was the guy last year saying trade him we could have had Randle for half the cost and everybody called me dumb etc, but theres no point of playing him if u aren't going to use him and 6 and 7 shots is pitiful.

They should trade him tonight. He's the only reason why Mavs haven't already won this series. Just compare KP and PG13. 1 good KP game at home would have been enough.

Whst game are yall watching, a lot of kp complaining but he can't pass to himself, he doesn't get touches, this team has a clear gameplan to run it through luka and thj and feed boban when he's in, kp isn't an offensive priority.

You have forgotten to say that he's so bad in D that Boban has to start alongside him and with 7'3 he's averaging 4.5 rebounds. Complete joke.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#84 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:30 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:U forget i was the guy last year saying trade him we could have had Randle for half the cost and everybody called me dumb etc, but theres no point of playing him if u aren't going to use him and 6 and 7 shots is pitiful.

Exactly. Despite being a Latvian, I think I can be objective on this. KP is by far not in the best physical shape at the moment (and the whole season), that's true. he is overprotective of his kinees as well and is scared to bang down low. However, he is clearly not part of Carlisle's offensive gameplan except for being a decoy. 6 shots per game with the seventh already being irrelevant at that point. If you chose your 30+ m a year asset to play a role of a rubber duck in hunting, that's on you, not on KP. I mean, what exactly is KP supposed to do: grab a ball out of Luka's hands? Some people say that he should earn his shots. WTF, is it some kind of training camp?!
Bob8
General Manager

Post#85 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:34 am

MrOrange wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Exactly. Despite being a Latvian, I think I can be objective on this. KP is by far not in the best physical shape at the moment (and the whole season), that's true. he is overprotective of his kinees as well and is scared to bang down low. However, he is clearly not part of Carlisle's offensive gameplan except for being a decoy. 6 shots per game with the seventh already being irrelevant at that point. If you chose your 30+ m a year asset to play a role of a rubber duck in hunting, that's on you, not on KP. I mean, what exactly is KP supposed to do: grab a ball out of Luka's hands? Some people say that he should earn his shots. WTF, is it some kind of training camp?!

Yes normally 7'3 players have some kind of post game. 7'3 players normally should be at least decent rim protectors and decent rebounders. KP is bringing 0 to Mavs at the moment. He's playing only because of his contract, he should be benched like Richardson.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#86 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:34 am

Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

You have forgotten to say that he's so bad in D that Boban has to start alongside him and with 7'3 he's averaging 4.5 rebounds. Complete joke.

His defense and rebounding is irrelevant to this discussion
Bob8
General Manager

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:37 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Whst game are yall watching, a lot of kp complaining but he can't pass to himself, he doesn't get touches, this team has a clear gameplan to run it through luka and thj and feed boban when he's in, kp isn't an offensive priority.

His defense and rebounding is irrelevant to this discussion

How is irrelevant? He cannot score, defend and rebound. Even without his scoring Mavs would have won, if he was decent in D.
MrOrange
Senior

Post#88 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:41 am

Bob8 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Whst game are yall watching, a lot of kp complaining but he can't pass to himself, he doesn't get touches, this team has a clear gameplan to run it through luka and thj and feed boban when he's in, kp isn't an offensive priority.

Yes normally 7'3 players have some kind of post game. 7'3 players normally should be at least decent rim protectors and decent rebounders. KP is bringing 0 to Mavs at the moment. He's playing only because of his contract, he should be benched like Richardson.

You can't be a rim protector if you are tasked with chasing around players on the perimeter. He is a secondary shot-blocker as proven by that episode tonight where he blocked I don't remember who and then dunked it the next possession. This is how you utilize the guy for f.. sake and this is how he was effective on the Knicks.
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,564

Post#89 » by Baz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:44 am

MrOrange wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

He's had some iso opportunities - not many. But he has squandered most of them. He gets doubled and panics, either loses his dribble, throws a wild pass, or chucks up a bad shot. His confidence looks all but gone.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#90 » by agentofatlas » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:45 am

I honestly think Rick has exhausted almost all his possible options. The only thing left is maybe going small and I think that's a bad idea.

Game 7 will ultimately be decided by Luka. He needs to ball out of his mind (again). It's kinda unfair but it's what is needed at this point.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#91 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:45 am

MrOrange wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:Exactly. Despite being a Latvian, I think I can be objective on this. KP is by far not in the best physical shape at the moment (and the whole season), that's true. he is overprotective of his kinees as well and is scared to bang down low. However, he is clearly not part of Carlisle's offensive gameplan except for being a decoy. 6 shots per game with the seventh already being irrelevant at that point. If you chose your 30+ m a year asset to play a role of a rubber duck in hunting, that's on you, not on KP. I mean, what exactly is KP supposed to do: grab a ball out of Luka's hands? Some people say that he should earn his shots. WTF, is it some kind of training camp?!

You can't be a rim protector if you are tasked with chasing around players on the perimeter. He is a secondary shot-blocker as proven by that episode tonight where he blocked I don't remember who and then dunked it the next possession. This is how you utilize the guy for f.. sake and this is how he was effective on the Knicks.

He's playing 4 because Mavs were killed with him playing 5. Mavs are forced to play with Boban, who has no business to start in playoffs, because KP is that bad. And yes, playing 4 is disastrous for KP. But RC is forced to do that, because KP is that bad rim protector.
MrOrange
Senior

Post#92 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:52 am

Bob8 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

He's playing 4 because Mavs were killed with him playing 5. Mavs are forced to play with Boban, who has no business to start in playoffs, because KP is that bad. And yes, playing 4 is disastrous for KP. But RC is forced to do that, because KP is that bad rim protector.

When and how did he go from being one of the best rim protectors in the league to one of the worst in a span of 1 season? A rhetorical question. He was destroyed in the paint because Mavs perimeter defense mostly sucks and allows penetration and pick-and-roll situations down low. And show me another 7+ft player who has been made to run circles around the 3p line on D. Horrible idea. And the whole D thing dos not answer the question of his misuse on the O.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:58 am

MrOrange wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:You can't be a rim protector if you are tasked with chasing around players on the perimeter. He is a secondary shot-blocker as proven by that episode tonight where he blocked I don't remember who and then dunked it the next possession. This is how you utilize the guy for f.. sake and this is how he was effective on the Knicks.

When and how did he go from being one of the best rim protectors in the league to one of the worst in a span of 1 season? A rhetorical question. He was destroyed in the paint because Mavs perimeter defense mostly sucks and allows penetration and pick-and-roll situations down low. And show me another 7+ft player who has been made to run circles around the 3p line on D. Horrible idea. And the whole D thing dos not answer the question of his misuse on the O.

Him playing with Boban means that Boban is 5 in offense too and Boban is getting some balls that normally KP would. KP not being able to create anything and not having any kind of post game is just another SF waiting to get ball in the corner.
MrOrange
Senior

Post#94 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:08 am

Bob8 wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Him playing with Boban means that Boban is 5 in offense too and Boban is getting some balls that normally KP would. KP not being able to create anything and not having any kind of post game is just another SF waiting to get ball in the corner.

Yes, it is the design on O right now. Not sure it works on days when Luka's shot is off though. very frustrating to wake up at 4 am on a Saturday morning to see this :D
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#95 » by fuller4379 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:26 am

Tough loss. I look forward to Game 7.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#96 » by BlueSan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:33 am

Guys it is over. It is a back to back game which team do you think is deeper and has more in the gas tank? There is no way Luka will have the energy to do some super carrying.
And no way LA again messes it up it is just no way.

I mean they impressed me for coming this far and getting it to game 7 already.
Beyond my expectations for this team. I said LA in 4:1 max 4:2 they now dragged it to game 7. Well done Dallas. But I just dont see Dallas surviving this.
MrOrange
Senior

Post#97 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:38 am

BlueSan wrote:Guys it is over. It is a back to back game which team do you think is deeper snd has more in the gas tank? There is no way Luka will have the energy to do some super carrying.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but the series went out of hand in game 3 when up +19. I honestly do not trust this game design anymore unless Luka goes bezerk shootingwise.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,337

Post#98 » by Mavrelous » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:55 am

Watched the middle 2 quarters only, it's amazing how close this series is, the only blow out was Luka's injured game.
The other 5 games hinged on Luka's conditioning, that's why I fear game 7 with 40 hours rest only.
KP can't have good game on both ends for some reason.
If the Mavs ever build a roster that allows Luka to play 32 minutes only without collapsing, it's over.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:59 am

BlueSan wrote:Guys it is over. It is a back to back game which team do you think is deeper and has more in the gas tank? There is no way Luka will have the energy to do some super carrying.

I mean they impressed me for coming this far and getting it to game 7 already.
Beyond my expectations for this team. I said LA in 4:1 max 4:2 they now dragged it to game 7. Well done Dallas. But I just dont see Dallas surviving this.

Another beta :noway:
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#100 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:02 am

MrOrange wrote:Exactly. Despite being a Latvian, I think I can be objective on this. KP is by far not in the best physical shape at the moment (and the whole season), that's true. he is overprotective of his kinees as well and is scared to bang down low. However, he is clearly not part of Carlisle's offensive gameplan except for being a decoy. 6 shots per game with the seventh already being irrelevant at that point. If you chose your 30+ m a year asset to play a role of a rubber duck in hunting, that's on you, not on KP. I mean, what exactly is KP supposed to do: grab a ball out of Luka's hands? Some people say that he should earn his shots. WTF, is it some kind of training camp?!

KP was in rhythm in game 4 and the Mavs did not go to him. That's on the Mavs, and Luka was hurt. He should have been going to KP. That was particularly frustrating. Because there was an outside chance KP could have gotten hot & kept us in it (and what would that have done for his confidence moving forward?). Also, we had nothing to lose.

On the other hand, the Mavs don't look for KP & that's a sign he's lost their trust. That's what happens when you go to strip clubs after a poor performance instead of go to the gym to get in work. That's on KP. Nobody made him do that.

Return to Dallas Mavericks