ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#1241 » by Jstock12 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:52 pm

sca wrote:What you're implying is so stupid because...

* Between 2015 and 2017, the Hawks and the Raptors have won 50.3 and 52 games per season, respectively.
* They had both failed to meet expectations in the play-offs.
* The Hawks have decided to blow it up in 2018, while the Raptors went all in in 2019 and won a title as a result.
* It's obvious and completely natural that they're a few steps ahead in rebuilding process as their future star player was a rookie back when we won a ****ing title.
* Nobody's talking about 1973.
* You guys want to have your cake and eat it, too.

I think what you're saying is so stupid, because I don't remember saying that tanking is better than winning the title. You also failed to grasp the hyperbole that was the Knicks example. All my post implied is that I agree with the fact that fans should stop living in past glory and move on. Raps aren't champs anymore.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#1242 » by sca » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:53 pm

Jstock12 wrote:

* Between 2015 and 2017, the Hawks and the Raptors have won 50.3 and 52 games per season, respectively.
* The Hawks have decided to blow it up in 2018, while the Raptors went all in in 2019 and won a title as a result.
* It's obvious and completely natural that they're a few steps ahead in rebuilding process as their future star player was a rookie back when we won a ****ing title.

I think what you're saying is so stupid, because I don't remember saying that tanking is better than winning the title. You also failed to grasp the hyperbole that was the Knicks example. All my post implied is that I agree with the fact that fans should stop living in past glory and move on. Raps aren't champs anymore.

We're still feeling the effect of going all in on Kawhi Leonard before winning the title. So your 1973 Championship example makes absolutely zero sense, sorry.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#1243 » by Jstock12 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:56 pm

sca wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

We're still feeling the effect of going all in on Kawhi Leonard before winning the title. So your 1973 Championship example makes absolutely zero sense, sorry.

You're free to continue being content with losing. Not all of us feel the same.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#1244 » by fbalmeida » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:10 am

We now live in a world where Lebron James isn't good enough to singlehandedly carry a team to the 2nd round.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,858

Post#1245 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:54 am

fbalmeida wrote:We now live in a world where Lebron James isn't good enough to singlehandedly carry a team to the 2nd round.

Nope.. not against stacked west...
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#1246 » by Danny1616 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:38 pm

fbalmeida wrote:We now live in a world where Lebron James isn't good enough to singlehandedly carry a team to the 2nd round.

If the Lebron played in the West between 2010-2020 that would have happened a few more times.

Two years ago he failed to carry a team to the playoffs.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#1247 » by Danny1616 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:39 pm

Steelo Green wrote:The Hawks are now miles ahead of the Raptors.

They are a team that has the pieces to make a move for a superstar. Have star players, role players, depth, draft picks, they could go after say a Giannis or Kawhi if ever available via trade and not be left with a just as good team if they did the deal.

This is what has been discussed. Raptors aren’t even in the realm of what they are. Hunter, and Reddish still haven’t even gotten a full chance yet.

Didn't you say that Boston, Orlando and Miami were also miles ahead before the season started? I also can't remember if it was you or someone else raving about the Cavaliers young core early in the season when they got to a decent start.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#1248 » by Dalek » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:20 pm

So how likely is Andre Drummond going to get paid after that playoff performance? I would think he is in the Alex Len contract category after his Laker's run.

I'd take Daniel Gafford over him if I had a choice. Gillespie is more impactful.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1249 » by Dalek » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:30 pm

Steelo Green wrote:The Hawks are now miles ahead of the Raptors.

They are a team that has the pieces to make a move for a superstar. Have star players, role players, depth, draft picks, they could go after say a Giannis or Kawhi if ever available via trade and not be left with a just as good team if they did the deal.

This is what has been discussed. Raptors aren’t even in the realm of what they are. Hunter, and Reddish still haven’t even gotten a full chance yet.

I felt that they loaded up with the right pieces at the start of the year and that with all that shooting and Capela anchoring their team they could be a very good team. Young seems like a viable star in the playoffs, but beating the Knicks is not an accomplishment. The Knicks were severe overachievers with no real playoff success together. If they Hawk beat the 6ers with or without Embiid, that is something.

Toronto has dropped off after they traded away Norm and possibly losing Lowry. That is a lot of offense and veteran stability being lost. I just hope we get on with a proper rebuild. If we get a top pick that is a true centrepiece, build around them, adjust the timeline by trading FVV and/or Siakam and acquiring picks.

You see how Phoenix and Atlanta used the draft to get guys who can grow together like Ayton, Booker, Bridges or Young and Hunter.

I'd love to get a couple Monteverde guys like Cade and Moody or Cade and Barnes. Get guys that will be the next Demar and Lowry, only better. This is the draft to do it. Golden State is ripe to trade its pick if it is not top four.
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#1250 » by polo007 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:03 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#1251 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:07 am

I thought DeRozan was exposed in the Playoffs....and then I seen Porzingis.

Good lord he's just been pathetic.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Rust_Cohle
Sixth Man
And1: 2,212

Post#1252 » by Rust_Cohle » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:15 am

Kawhi Leonard is beyond incredible, just wtf

Will be another 20 years before either the Spurs or Raptors get a player again that is that good
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#1253 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:08 am

Playoff Kawhi

I do the enjoy the irony of hearing about Kawhi would have to carry less of the load as a Clipper, meanwhile he's going all out just to carry the Clippers in a 3-3 series in round 1 lol.

His inner circle 100% underestimated his supporting cast in Toronto, yeah he did have to carry the scoring load, but Lowry was the team leader and floor general. Gasol was the main leader on defense. Pascal could probably be just as effective, if not more effective than what PG13 has been in the playoffs as the #2 option beside Kawhi. Kawhi just had to focus on scoring and being solid defensively, I feel like he has way more on his plate overall as a Clipper between scoring/playmaking/leadership/defense.
We the Champs
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,858

Post#1254 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:38 am

Porzingis has to be the worst contract in the NBA
Rust_Cohle
Sixth Man

Post#1255 » by Rust_Cohle » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:37 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Playoff Kawhi

I do the enjoy the irony of hearing about Kawhi would have to carry less of the load as a Clipper, meanwhile he's going all out just to carry the Clippers in a 3-3 series in round 1 lol.

His inner circle 100% underestimated his supporting cast in Toronto, yeah he did have to carry the scoring load, but Lowry was the team leader and floor general. Gasol was the main leader on defense. Pascal could probably be just as effective, if not more effective than what PG13 has been in the playoffs as the #2 option beside Kawhi. Kawhi just had to focus on scoring and being solid defensively, I feel like he has way more on his plate overall as a Clipper between scoring/playmaking/leadership/defense.

Not really, that supporting cast in Toronto had an extremely tiny window and went to the lottery less than two years after a title. And the Raptors never faced a player as good as Doncic in the early rounds. Kawhi has to carry the clippers a lot but he was carrying the Raptors like crazy, just as much as until the ECF when the rest of the team finally started waking up.

And if we are being honest, everyone and their mother would take Paul George over Siakim as a #2 option.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#1256 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:01 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:

Not really, that supporting cast in Toronto had an extremely tiny window and went to the lottery less than two years after a title. And the Raptors never faced a player as good as Doncic in the early rounds. Kawhi has to carry the clippers a lot but he was carrying the Raptors like crazy, just as much as until the ECF when the rest of the team finally started waking up.

And if we are being honest, everyone and their mother would take Paul George over Siakim as a #2 option.

I agree that the window wasn’t that big, mostly due to the 5 spot and Lowry’s age being the issue, but running it back one more year would’ve been the best basketball move.

As I said, Kawhi had to carry the scoring load in Toronto, that’s impossible to deny. But I feel like he has more on his plate overall as a Clipper. He has to be more of a team leader and playmaker, doesn’t have as good of a defensive supporting cast either.
We the Champs
Rust_Cohle
Sixth Man

Post#1257 » by Rust_Cohle » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:03 am

NUCKER101 wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:

I agree that the window wasn’t that big, mostly due to the 5 spot and Lowry’s age being the issue, but running it back one more year would’ve been the best basketball move.

As I said, Kawhi had to carry the scoring load in Toronto, that’s impossible to deny. But I feel like he has more on his plate overall as a Clipper. He has to be more of a team leader and playmaker, doesn’t have as good of a defensive supporting cast either.

Fair enough, I do feel outside of Kawhi and pg it’s been very random who (if anyone) steps up as the third option on the clips. Maybe Reggie Jackson.

I do think Kawhi had to do just as much carrying in the first two rounds with the Raps. But the rest of the team stepped up nicely in the ECF onward.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,292

Post#1258 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:49 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:

Agree that PG is better than Pascal, but this year's team going to the lottery is an aberration. In a normal non covid year were were a high seed playoff team, and just a year ago in 2020 we were a very good team, pre-covid. If Kawhi had stayed we had a great chance to repeat and still be good again this year.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#1259 » by Dalek » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:51 pm

Danny1616 wrote:

If the Lebron played in the West between 2010-2020 that would have happened a few more times.

Two years ago he failed to carry a team to the playoffs.

We are almost at having a final without Lebron, Curry, or Kawhi. The last time that happened was in 2010 when Rondo was with the big three in Boston and Kobe was with Pau in LA.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,328

Post#1260 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:03 pm

[Twitter]
Read on Twitter
?s=19[/twitter]

Boston and bad breakups with PGs, name a worse combo.

Return to Toronto Raptors