ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G7 - Mavs @ Clippers (Sund, 3:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,037

Playoffs 20/21 - G7 - Mavs @ Clippers (Sund, 3:30PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:46 pm

KP explodes for 12 points in a Mavs win.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,394

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G7 - Mavs @ Clippers (Sund, 3:30PM EST) 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:13 pm

One more matinee against the Clippers, Go Mavs!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:26 pm

Must win!
We got this.
Go MAVS

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#4 » by MrGoat » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:30 pm

Hope the reffing is a little fairer this time. Let's get this
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#5 » by dirkforpres » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:37 pm

Silver doing what he can to keep the LA market in the playoffs.

I’m not expecting the refs to give us any calls.. probably going to have Fitzgerald and Foster reffing this one
FIRE JASON KIDD
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#6 » by BlueSan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:07 pm

Ummmm it is actually 21:30 Central europe time. God have mercy on me...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,817

Post#7 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:10 pm

No hope for this game, at least avoid a blowout.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#8 » by wolfram » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:18 pm

I have no hope for this game, unfortunately. I think Mavs ran out off gas. This is where they messed up: KP being underutilised means Luka and others burnt too much fuel. I know KP has not been very good when they forced feed him, but they should continue to do that. It's too much to ask all the others to do so much on offense. KP is also pouting on defense, clearly he is not happy with his role. We need a miracle tomorrow. KP is gone in the offseason.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#9 » by agentofatlas » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:03 am

Bench Maxi. More Powell and KP lineups (all in on offense). Luka needs to be aggressive. I hope for a hot shooting from THJ, DFS and Brunson. That's it.

Win or lose I hope they make this game fun to watch at least.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#10 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:02 am

I think the Mavs blew their shot to win this in game 6. That being said Luka has to put up an MJ performance to pull it off. It's totally unfair but other than THJ what have you got. Luka has to put up 40 plus to have a shot imo.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#11 » by BlueSan » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:05 am

Interesting that the majority of us now agree that this one is lost before game 7 starts.

The thing is we really shouldn't be like that as fans, we should be more optimistic, fired up about it, and go into it with determination.

But most of us, me included are already waving the white flags. As if believing in it and then getting the punch = would be too painful, while if you don't expect it you are kind of protecting yourself from all the "hurt" of losing.
Something like that.

It is kind of sad, hope players are different, very determined, fearless, and will fight this one out like it is the last game of their lives. That would probably be the right mindset and approach.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#12 » by Bob8 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:14 am

BlueSan wrote:Interesting that the majority of us now agree that this one is lost before game 7 starts.

The thing is we really shouldn't be like that as fans, we should be more optimistic, fired up about it, and go into it with determination.

But most of us, me included are already waving the white flags. As if believing in it and then getting the punch = would be too painful, while if you don't expect it you are kind of protecting yourself from all the "hurt" of losing.
Something like that.

It is kind of sad, hope players are different, very determined, fearless, and will fight this one out like it is the last game of their lives. That would probably be the right mindset and approach.

Where are you seeing this majority? It's something saying that Clippers are favourites and something totally different that game is already lost. Anything can happen in game 7. Luka having great game and Kawhi just average could be enough. 65:35 for Clippers are very realistic odds, Clippers clear favourites, but far from done deal.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,394

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:22 am

BlueSan wrote:Interesting that the majority of us now agree that this one is lost before game 7 starts.

Something like that.

:roll:
No game is lost before playing, Mavs won game 4 last year with Boban and Burke playing major minutes, without KP, Powell and Brunson, they won game 5 on a bad shooting night, there is a chance and there is hope.
Go Mavs! You got this! The Jazz are waiting for you...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#14 » by JD45 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:25 pm

The opinions of fans on this board are completely meaningless to the actual outcome. So it doesn't really matter what we think or post. Its just a conversation.

The outcome is most likely to be determined by 3pt shooting percentage. That's just the way the Mavs have their offense set up. If KP was effective it might be different and their chance of winning would be higher. But as it stands I think the Mavs need to shoot 3s above their season average, while the Clippers are below. Assuming they play the way they have most of the series, I think the Mavs have about a 1 in 4 chance of winning.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#15 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:50 pm

Something like that.

It honestly sucks coming to this forum and being excited about the games and then reading a bunch of negative pessimistic posts that aren't even accurate.

Kawhi played like a Greek god in game 6 and the Mavs were a made shot and a Clippers missed shot away from the final 90 seconds looking different. When Luka has played amazing in this series, the Mavs have still won by just single digits.

Neither team has pulled away from the other in any of these games (game 4 the exception with Luka playing hurt). This series has been phenomenal! Every game a wild rollercoaster ride.

The responses on this forum do not reflect the play on the court. The responses on this forum reflect the weak mentality of the forum members. I would assume that if I worked on a project with a lot of ya'll, you would give up whenever things weren't going smoothly. You would find a reason to give up. I think a lot of ya'll have a quitters mindset. You're ready to give up on this team before the game has even tipped off.

It sucks to read and it's bad for the vibe of this forum.
GeorgeGervin
Junior
And1: 331

Post#16 » by GeorgeGervin » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:18 pm

I expect Dwight Powell to be our savior tonight mark my words. Well, in case he gets some playing time.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#17 » by Darren » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:21 pm

I expect another San Antonio against San Antonio matchup. More hustling teams getting help from refs possibly win the series. But still, 3-point differential, especially in clutch time, could pay dividend to the result. I think Boban is not being utilized in game 6. I wonder if the Mavs figures things out in time. I still don't like the paint defense. Allowing 30 free throws provide no answer to that. The Clippers has crowded the paint since game 3 and the Mavs role players are damn ineffective shooting-wise since game 4. Somebody other that Doncic has to step up. Still, Doncic-Kawhi matchup still means a lot to the series. In game 6, Kawhi really defends Doncic very well. Sounds like that Doncic could not perform very well against Kawhi without hot shooting from long-range.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,858

Post#18 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:38 pm

If we play the same lineups and the same way as last game we don't have a chance imo.
I don't know why Rick benched KP for so long, why he didn't bring the Bobi and KP lineup back and when it mattered, etc. KP has been playing no role on offense but at least he's been a very active force on defense getting tons of deflections etc and just affecting the way the Clips played.

I'm not very hopeful going into this but I guess there's always a chance.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#19 » by Bob8 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:42 pm

Darren wrote:I expect another San Antonio against San Antonio matchup. More hustling teams getting help from refs possibly win the series. But still, 3-point differential, especially in clutch time, could pay dividend to the result. I think Boban is not being utilized in game 6. I wonder if the Mavs figures things out in time. I still don't like the paint defense. Allowing 30 free throws provide no answer to that. The Clippers has crowded the paint since game 3 and the Mavs role players are damn ineffective shooting-wise since game 4. Somebody other that Doncic has to step up. Still, Doncic-Kawhi matchup still means a lot to the series. In game 6, Kawhi really defends Doncic very well. Sounds like that Doncic could not perform very well against Kawhi without hot shooting from long-range.

Luka's 3-pointers are essential today. Clippers won't let him score much in the paint. Luka being hot for 3 and Mavs have a chance.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,817

Post#20 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:06 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Darren wrote:I expect another San Antonio against San Antonio matchup. More hustling teams getting help from refs possibly win the series. But still, 3-point differential, especially in clutch time, could pay dividend to the result. I think Boban is not being utilized in game 6. I wonder if the Mavs figures things out in time. I still don't like the paint defense. Allowing 30 free throws provide no answer to that. The Clippers has crowded the paint since game 3 and the Mavs role players are damn ineffective shooting-wise since game 4. Somebody other that Doncic has to step up. Still, Doncic-Kawhi matchup still means a lot to the series. In game 6, Kawhi really defends Doncic very well. Sounds like that Doncic could not perform very well against Kawhi without hot shooting from long-range.

Luka's 3-pointers are essential today. Clippers won't let him score much in the paint. Luka being hot for 3 and Mavs have a chance.

Totally agree.

Return to Dallas Mavericks