Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Re: Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#181 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:05 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:If anybody's looking for one of those "buy low" vet opportunities, I mean…isn't that just screaming Kemba Walker then?

No to Kemba Walker for me personally.

I have Chris Paul, and Lowry way ahead of him.

All three have issues with injuries though.

I mean…wouldn't most here have said Chris Paul was washed up two years ago, and Mike Conley a year ago?

That's why it's buying low. Vucevic? That was buying high. Real high. Way too high.

Yeah, but as a point guard even buying low, Kemba isn't exactly what we are looking for. He is more of a small shooting guard. Whereas, Chris Paul and Lowry are more conventional point guards, with a whole lot more playoff and leadership experience.
Why so serious?
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#182 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:19 am

Already having Zach and Coby then adding Kemba on a huge contract to the mix is too redundant and just more of what we already have.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#183 » by Leslie Forman » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:41 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Yeah, but as a point guard even buying low, Kemba isn't exactly what we are looking for. He is more of a small shooting guard. Whereas, Chris Paul and Lowry are more conventional point guards, with a whole lot more playoff and leadership experience.

"Conventional" point guards really aren't necessary at all. The best Chicago Bulls teams never had one. The majority of title winning teams didn't have one. And it was only a year ago that Boston with him made the ECF.

Note that I'm not saying he should be their first choice. But Paul and Lowry are highly unlikely to come here, and his contract is the same length as Vucevic's.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#184 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:55 am

At least Dennis Schröder should be out of the discussion now.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
jmajew
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#185 » by jmajew » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:31 pm

I want DeMar DeRozan on a 3 year deal. You can always run the offense through him. You don't need a traditional PG.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#186 » by BullChit » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:10 pm

What were Kembas injuries this year? Are the likely to reoccur or could an off season and some solid rehab and training get him back to close to his all star levels
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 654

Post#187 » by boozapalooza » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:21 pm

I mean....I’ll say it. Any chance Damian Lillard asks out of Portland? Cryptic social media post from him last night after the loss. Could make sense for him to try to move on. Him and Zach would be a hell of a backcourt.

What would it cost? A package of anyone except Zach and Vooch?
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#188 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:22 pm

BullChit wrote:What were Kembas injuries this year? Are the likely to reoccur or could an off season and some solid rehab and training get him back to close to his all star levels

He’s dealing with knee issues for quite some time now. Definitely very concerning for a guy who relies a lot on his speed.

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#189 » by coldfish » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:23 pm

jmajew wrote:I want DeMar DeRozan on a 3 year deal. You can always run the offense through him. You don't need a traditional PG.

I'm a broken record but an old school PG is not a need for the Bulls or any other team. If Chicago can get Lillard, that's great but what Chicago needs is talent.

Derozan makes a lot of sense, IMO.
Coby
Lavine
Derozan
Pat or Theis
Vucevic
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#190 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:01 pm

coldfish wrote:
jmajew wrote:I want DeMar DeRozan on a 3 year deal. You can always run the offense through him. You don't need a traditional PG.

I'm a broken record but an old school PG is not a need for the Bulls or any other team. If Chicago can get Lillard, that's great but what Chicago needs is talent.

Coby
Lavine
Derozan
Pat or Theis
Vucevic

Issue is that Pat would have to become an absolute monster on defense to make that viable. We can’t really have another negative defender in DeRozan on this squad. Certainly not with Coby starting.

jmajew
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#191 » by jmajew » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:20 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
coldfish wrote:

Coby
Lavine
Derozan
Pat or Theis
Vucevic

Issue is that Pat would have to become an absolute monster on defense to make that viable. We can’t really have another negative defender in DeRozan on this squad. Certainly not with Coby starting.

You build out the team then with good defensive players. You have on your roster Lavine, DeRozan, Vucevic, & White and you should be able to score points. I know your not going to win a title with that group. It will be very dependent on Williams become the next Paul George or Kawhi.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#192 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:13 pm

jmajew wrote:You build out the team then with good defensive players.

When 4 out of 5 starters, the guys you rely on and probably want on the court in the deciding moments of a game, are negatives on defense, the defensive players you got won’t help you much.

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#193 » by pipfan » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:30 pm

You go big
Derozen
Lavine
Williams
Theis
Vuc
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#194 » by d boy gentleman » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:30 pm

coldfish wrote:

Coby
Lavine
Derozan
Pat or Theis
Vucevic

Who is willing to be a blood sacrifice in order for that to happen? :o
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#195 » by TheJordanRule » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:52 pm

Little Nathan wrote:At least Dennis Schröder should be out of the discussion now.

Thank you! Dennis does not move the needle. Even when he's paired up with Lebron James, AD, and Drummond, they get bounced out of the first round. Schro's less relevant than 'Trez and about as relevant KCP or THT. Makes no sense to chase him at the lofty price tag he's projected to command. The volume scoring is cringe (TS % of 54.4 this year), his 3 ball is just bad (33.5 %), he's a turnover machine (over 2.7 TOs per game), and on defense he's a gambler who gets burned as often as he makes a positive impact. If I want an athletic PG with mediocre distribution skills, poor scoring ability, and a reputation for defense that rarely matches his actual performance, I'll sign Kris Dunn for a couple million and pass on Schro's 20+ million dollar per year deal.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 826

Post#196 » by ChiefILL53 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:02 am

I know his playmaking has greatly improved, but how is DeRozans defense? We also need defenders in the backcourt and at the rim

Sent from my HD1907 using RealGM mobile app
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#197 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:08 am

ChiefILL53 wrote:I know his playmaking has greatly improved, but how is DeRozans defense? We also need defenders in the backcourt and at the rim.

Spurs with DeRozan on the court: 117.26 DRTG

Spurs with DeRozan off the court: 107.46 DRTG

I know that needs more context and all, but that's a trend throughout almost his entire career. He's really hurting his teams on defense.

BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#198 » by BigJimFinn » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:13 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
ChiefILL53 wrote:I know his playmaking has greatly improved, but how is DeRozans defense? We also need defenders in the backcourt and at the rim.

Spurs with DeRozan on the court: 117.26 DRTG

Spurs with DeRozan off the court: 107.46 DRTG

I know that needs more context and all, but that's a trend throughout almost his entire career. He's really hurting his teams on defense.

Yeah, compared to him LaVine looks like a very good defender. He was mostly used as a small-ball 4 defensively,
meaning in practice he guarded the least threatening guy from 2-4. He became a surprisingly efficient
playmaker from isolation plays, but his ballhandling in P&R is also limited by the lack of 3-point shot.
I don't think you could build a top 10 offense or top 20 defense around Zach, DDR and Vooch.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#199 » by waffle » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:12 pm

I've said it repeatedly but I DO WANT a traditional PG, I think we would benefit from it.

- Good handles
- can bring the ball up consistently
- REALLY good defender around the arc. Slow down drives down the lane
- If his drawback is that he can't hit the 3? I'm fine with that.

We NEED someone with great handles who can push the ball. We NEED someone to slow down drives down the lane
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#200 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:11 pm

waffle wrote:I've said it repeatedly but I DO WANT a traditional PG, I think we would benefit from it.

- Good handles
- can bring the ball up consistently
- REALLY good defender around the arc. Slow down drives down the lane
- If his drawback is that he can't hit the 3? I'm fine with that.

We NEED someone with great handles who can push the ball. We NEED someone to slow down drives down the lane

That's why Lowry is such a good fit. Everything above and...

- He plays with an edge and an ultimate competitor... this team needs that badly
- Playoff experience and he's been a champ
- He plays really good D at PG and SG
- He will mentor Coby and can PG or SG with him
- He contols tempo and can change the momentum of a game without scoring

If we can get Lowry and bring everyone back but Lauri we will be a top 5 team in the East next season.

Return to Chicago Bulls