ImageImageImage

Around the League: Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Re: Around the League: Playoffs and beyond! 

Post#701 » by Mik317 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:38 pm

but according to you Bron sucks.

so is it really that impressive

(jk)
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#702 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:48 pm

I never said LeBron sucks, I just said he can't win without a halfcourt ace to defer to in crunchtime. And the only exception to that is him winning a championship during a pandemic in a restriction zone that the overwhelming majority of the playoff teams didn't want to participate in. So far in L.A. without Wade/Irving, he's missed the playoffs altogether and been eliminated in round 1. That's yo king?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,675

Post#703 » by the_process » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:31 am

Kobblehead wrote:See how it didn't make much sense to label Devin Booker a career loser at age 21? Was the best player on the court in the series against the Lakers and took out LeBron in round 1.

This same idea still applies to Zach LaVine as well. Dude hasn’t played for anything close to a competent team yet.

I’d definitely be back trying to acquire him for Harris, Thybulle (guys we know Eversley likes), and picks.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#704 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:10 am

the_process wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:See how it didn't make much sense to label Devin Booker a career loser at age 21? Was the best player on the court in the series against the Lakers and took out LeBron in round 1.

This same idea still applies to Zach LaVine as well. Dude hasn’t played for anything close to a competent team yet.

I’d definitely be back trying to acquire him for Harris, Thybulle (guys we know Eversley likes), and picks.
Not for Thybulle. **** no.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Post#705 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:45 am

The way I look at the Lakers is that AD and Bron were determined last season. Both had to step up to win it around a bunch of role players. Bron has to prove his worth and win it for his legacy while it’s AD’s first title.

The narrative coming to this season is they replaced these role players with Schroeder and Harrell. Both are more talented and are expected to carry the load while Bron and AD were said to be doing some load management this season after extended playing during the bubble.

But Schroeder and Harrell have underperformed while Bron and AD have also underperformed. LOL
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#706 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:53 am

I feel like these guys who can run up the scoreboard but has average defense and doesnt get their teammates involved by averaging less than 5 assists per game are really good players but you just have to structure your team around them by placing playmakers that can get others involve (CP3) and defense (Mikal and a good C).

If not, they’re be labeled as a losers because they may play well but their team won’t make the extra difference it needs to win the game by defense (lower opponents ppp and get extra possessions) and make other people involved (higher ppp).
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#707 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:03 am

Clippers needs someone like Jrue or Brogdon. Someone who can shoot, be a third option scorer and also get other people involved.

Until then they’ll just keep needing these 40pt games from both Kawhi and PG. Which i find both guys to be getting high volume from pull up Js in the midrange off a 2 man game which is not an efficient way to score.

While defensively, both wings are elite defenders but they have some holes on their D (zubac) that guys like Doncic can exploit.

But yeah.. maybe their formula is just to keep the game close and let their pull up game win it for them.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#708 » by Embiid-MVP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:19 am

Kobblehead wrote:I never said LeBron sucks, I just said he can't win without a halfcourt ace to defer to in crunchtime. And the only exception to that is him winning a championship during a pandemic in a restriction zone that the overwhelming majority of the playoff teams didn't want to participate in. So far in L.A. without Wade/Irving, he's missed the playoffs altogether and been eliminated in round 1. That's yo king?

He was still hobbled obviously lack of his extra gear, no AD & he's getting up there finally.
Also the suns were red hot in that series. You watch the last game GD they couldn't miss a 3
:banghead:
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#709 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:59 pm

Good luck against the hawks fellas! few questions for you quick- I’ve watched several of your games but haven’t paid total attention to him specifically but how would you describe casell as a coach? What’s his demeanor like? how has he acclimated to players, the media and organization?

I don’t think he ends up as Boston’s hire but still curious on your fan bases’ perspective.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#710 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:38 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Good luck against the hawks fellas! few questions for you quick- I’ve watched several of your games but haven’t paid total attention to him specifically but how would you describe casell as a coach? What’s his demeanor like? how has he acclimated to players, the media and organization?

I don’t think he ends up as Boston’s hire but still curious on your fan bases’ perspective.

He’s a player’s coach. He’s better off coaching for a rebuilding team that’s building around a PG. i dont see him as a good fit for the celtics. Maybe Steve Clifford would be a better coach for the Celts. Or our other assistant coach, Dave Joeger.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#711 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:09 pm

The reason Brad Stevens got fired is because the Celtics didn't live up to expectations. Not sure if that's the environment you want to bring a coach with no experience into. They'd probably be better off going Joeger like 76iology suggested or possibly even Terry Stotts.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,675

Post#712 » by the_process » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:15 pm

Wonder if Orlando gives Brett Brown a call.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#713 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:02 am

Kobblehead wrote:The reason Brad Stevens got fired is because the Celtics didn't live up to expectations. Not sure if that's the environment you want to bring a coach with no experience into. They'd probably be better off going Joeger like 76iology suggested or possibly even Terry Stotts.

stotts is the better choice IMO.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#714 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:03 am

the_process wrote:Wonder if Orlando gives Brett Brown a call.

He’ll then end up as the coach with the worst win-loss record in league history :D

Maybe hire Borrego or Vaughn again hahah

Back in 2013-2014-ish, teams were trying to get every coach from the spurs tree. Either teams realize its really hard to emulate the spurs with their all time great chemistry or the game also has changed towards a more 2man game and iso driven that it trended away from the Spurs style.

It’s kind of similar to teams trying to emulate the triangle offense or princeton offense back then. I remember when eddie jordan was our coach and the entire team played like out of sorts lol
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#715 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:23 am

The new misguided coaching trend appears to be to hire recently retired PGs with no coaching experience.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#716 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:24 am

Kobblehead wrote:The new misguided coaching trend appears to be to hire recently retired PGs with no coaching experience.

Because the game is not as complicated as before.

If you watch the Nets, Clips or Mavs play, Doncic/KD/Kawhi would just call a screen and just pull up. If he’s denied then he’d just pass it out. If the receiver does not shoot or rotates and shoot then they repeat again.

Why is this possible? Because the defense is weak. A simple screen, brush screen or invert screen would create an imbalance that gets you open looks.

You dont need to complicate it by running triangle offense or princeton offense, in order to score nowadays. Unless you have a lack of talent on your team like the process era squad.

Game right now is more like flows, pace and layers that a PG with experience knows.

Then you just hire someone who searches offensive sets on youtube all day like Amare and MDA as your assistant coaches.

How easy it is to score in the NBA? Look at how Lamelo Ball is scoring in the NBA than in Australia which I believes plays a more physical defense.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#717 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:45 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Oh how I wish Dame would just request a trade already. Loyal to a fault. Portland has been the same exact team the last 3-4 years.

Feels more like 5-6.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#718 » by bball4life » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:20 am

As difficult as it is to be a Sixer's fan, at least I'm not a Buck's fan. Imagine trying to believe you can win a championship with a guy making the SUPER max who is at best a 2nd but probably really a third option on offense in the playoffs. He's basically Ben Simmons if Ben weren't afraid to shoot jumpers or get fouled at the rim.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#719 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:49 am

Great pass

Read on Twitter
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#720 » by Wilfried » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:47 am

bball4life wrote:As difficult as it is to be a Sixer's fan, at least I'm not a Buck's fan. Imagine trying to believe you can win a championship with a guy making the SUPER max who is at best a 2nd but probably really a third option on offense in the playoffs. He's basically Ben Simmons if Ben weren't afraid to shoot jumpers or get fouled at the rim.

let's hope he makes the same conclusion, wants out and we can get him for Ben :)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers