ImageImageImage

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#241 » by Darren » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:10 pm

KhalilS wrote:I suggested a trade of KP for Hield and Barnes, save Kings money and gives the Mavs starting 2 and 4 for small ball lineup, but I'm not sure how Barnes will take it after how he was traded from here.

I think KP + J-Rich + Burke for Hield and Holmes SnT may serve the Mavs well. Not sure how the Sacremento team value the duo, though. If a KP move backfires, expect the Mavs to bulk up and stop all the attempts to rest KP. Even with a skinny frame, KP couldn't guard the perimeter. Without bulking up much, KP is still not durable. Then, it's better to bulk KP like normal big. At least, KP could defend the paint, set screens and post up a lot more effectively. The Mavs couldn't afford to have a 35M-per player who couldn't find a role to contribute on both ends.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#242 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:15 pm

I wouldn't do it if I was the Kings, KP is a great fit next to Holmes.
Fox
Haliburton
FA/Lottery pick
Holmes
KP

is a different lineup than what they had and is promising, and they save money over the next 2 years.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#243 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:16 pm

Darren wrote:
KhalilS wrote:I suggested a trade of KP for Hield and Barnes, save Kings money and gives the Mavs starting 2 and 4 for small ball lineup, but I'm not sure how Barnes will take it after how he was traded from here.

I think KP + J-Rich + Burke for Hield and Holmes SnT may serve the Mavs well. Not sure how the Sacremento team value the duo, though. If a KP move backfires, expect the Mavs to bulk up and stop all the attempts to rest KP. Even with a skinny frame, KP couldn't guard the perimeter. Without bulking up much, KP is still not durable. Then, it's better to bulk KP like normal big. At least, KP could defend the paint, set screens and post up a lot more effectively. The Mavs couldn't afford to have a 35M-per player who couldn't find a role to contribute on both ends.

It's definitely a gamble. Joel Embiid was made of glass 2 years getting injured every month and cant play back to back games. He was able to bounce back into MVP contention 2 years after. I'm on the fence if KP is able to take a similar track. It's a gamble.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#244 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:25 pm

I think the bigger problem is another, KP seems done with Luka and the Mavs.

Cuban and Donnie should have trade him 3 months ago.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#245 » by Bob8 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:31 pm

arkuo wrote:
Darren wrote:

It's definitely a gamble. Joel Embiid was made of glass 2 years getting injured every month and cant play back to back games. He was able to bounce back into MVP contention 2 years after. I'm on the fence if KP is able to take a similar track. It's a gamble.

Embiid is dominant, when healthy. KP isn't and never was. He had good counting stats playing for bad Knicks, but very inefficient. (DSJ looked solid for tanking Mavs too.) But when you play for winning team things change a lot. His biggest problem is that he didn't add something new to his game. No post game whatsoever is just unexplainable for 7'3 player. Not being able to create anything is another problem. His biggest weapon could be his D, but it doesn't look that his body allows him that anymore. I don't see any gamble here, just trade him and forget about him.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#246 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:57 pm

Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Darren wrote:

Embiid is dominant, when healthy. KP isn't and never was. He had good counting stats playing for bad Knicks, but very inefficient. (DSJ looked solid for tanking Mavs too.) But when you play for winning team things change a lot. His biggest problem is that he didn't add something new to his game. No post game whatsoever is just unexplainable for 7'3 player. Not being able to create anything is another problem. His biggest weapon could be his D, but it doesn't look that his body allows him that anymore. I don't see any gamble here, just trade him and forget about him.

Like i said, it's a gamble. I'd trade him for a pack of peanuts right now. The team owner might have other plans is what I'm saying.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#247 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:04 pm

I'd trade KP + DFS and 3 first rounders for Dame right now.

Dame isn't getting Jason Kidd and will continue to have 1st round exits until he is able to trade the whole team. His 197M contract is hard to match in trades. KP can be used there especially if Portland wants to rebuild. The real prize is the 3 1st round picks, similar to what OKC got for PG.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#248 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:53 pm

arkuo wrote:I'd trade KP + DFS and 3 first rounders for Dame right now.

Dame isn't getting Jason Kidd and will continue to have 1st round exits until he is able to trade the whole team. His 197M contract is hard to match in trades. KP can be used there especially if Portland wants to rebuild. The real prize is the 3 1st round picks, similar to what OKC got for PG.

I'd trade everyone but Luka and all of the available draft picks the NBA would let me trade for Dame. Luka + Dame & 13 G-league players is a title contender.

1) Dame doesn't want to go somewhere I be in the shadows

2) Mavs don't have enough to interest Portland.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#249 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bartlettbear
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#250 » by bartlettbear » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:51 am

FIre RC

Hire Kidd

Trade KP and Richardson to the Celtics for Brown and Smart

Then go get Thadeus Young for Brunson

Resign Tim

Kebler, Young, Smart, Brown, Luka

DFS and Tim off the bench
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#251 » by agentofatlas » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:06 am

bartlettbear wrote:FIre RC

Hire Kidd

Resign Tim

My worst nightmare. Jkidd is my favorite player ever along with Dirk but he is not the coach for this team. Thank God Luka and Cuban has RC's back in the presser.

As for the offseason, getting a rim running big and a point guard/playmaker would be huge for this team.
mrroboto4889
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#252 » by mrroboto4889 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:11 am

I see alot of pie-in-the-sky talk about Dame. I personally don't think he's going anywhere. But Portland needs to shake things up. Do we think KP for CJ could be feasible? I'd actually prefer a better perimeter defender in the backcourt but surrounding Luka with shooters is obviously the main concern and CJ addresses that.

I do like the JRich for Smart swap. I wonder if adding a sweetener like WCS or Burke gets that done.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#253 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:14 am

Hire Kidd

Resign Tim

Way to troll
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#254 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:19 am

mrroboto4889 wrote:I see alot of pie-in-the-sky talk about Dame. I personally don't think he's going anywhere. But Portland needs to shake things up. Do we think KP for CJ could be feasible? I'd actually prefer a better perimeter defender in the backcourt but surrounding Luka with shooters is obviously the main concern and CJ addresses that.

I do like the JRich for Smart swap. I wonder if adding a sweetener like WCS or Burke gets that done.

KP's value is around Markkanen's value---only Markkanen isn't owed any more money & KP has a 3 year $100 mil millstone tied around his neck.

So, the type of player you can get back for KP is someone like Andrew Wiggins, IF & ONLY IF, you attach a couple of 1st rounders to the deal.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#255 » by nedleeds » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:27 am

KhalilS wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
KhalilS wrote:I'd check with the Knicks a trade of Toppin + DAL '23 1st for Jalen + '23 2nd.
The '23 pick is heavily protected and isn't worth much, they may overpay for Jalen to get him on his small contract and use their cap this offseason before Randle's extension, this trade give the Mavs the ability to trade do Jrue-like trade, and Toppin will fit very well with Luka.
I'm very impressed by Batum and Reggie Jackson, they'd be great targets for vet. min/BAE.
Toppin should be starting for New York if they're smart. I thought he should have started in the playoffs after fame one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I like him a lot, but Thibs for some reason isn't playing him at all, even in the Mavs game (the 1st one), he got in and made few energy plays that energized the team, he still took him out and never saw court again.

I'll drive Obi to the airport ... he's 23.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#256 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:39 am

I still think the Mavs are trading with Boston. They want to get rid of Kemba and he is constantly injured and is making a ton of money. The only way to get off that contract is to trade for someone like KP. They know that. A team that has major cap space isn’t going to take a flyer on Kemba. Dallas will also probably inquire about Smart or maybe Brown. Boston will probably want DFS, Brunson, and maybe another player or two in return.
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#257 » by JJP » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:09 am

Absinthe wrote:I still think the Mavs are trading with Boston. They want to get rid of Kemba and he is constantly injured and is making a ton of money. The only way to get off that contract is to trade for someone like KP. They know that. A team that has major cap space isn’t going to take a flyer on Kemba. Dallas will also probably inquire about Smart or maybe Brown. Boston will probably want DFS, Brunson, and maybe another player or two in return.

This makes the most sense, and I think you are spot on. I would much rather have Brown or maybe Smart in a package, but it's most likely Walker. The Portland\Dame trade is not even in the running here.

For those of you who decided that Walker is done, this the nature of the reasonable trade... two players traded with large contracts who had injury issues.

Dallas has done homework on Walker so there's that - they will likely have to do it all over again considering the injury. Whether Boston can live with a Porzingas trade is another matter. A trade like that will probably need to be a package deal that includes someone like Brunson and Smart - or some variation of that.

People may not be on board with Walker anymore, but that's not the point - it's rather would a healthy Walker give the Mavs more than a healthy KP. The Mavs would still need to upgrade their big men - so it's far from finished, but at least a trade like this would make sense for both parties.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#258 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:17 am

The argument for Walker is that Porzingis is a huge injury risk and has motor issues even when he’s healthy. Even if you have to load manage Walker he’s probably going to see the floor as much as Porzingis.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#259 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:39 am

Hire Kidd

Resign Tim

Trade KP/Maxi to Indiana for Turner/TJ Warren and then trade JRich/Brunson for Marcus Smart. Re-sign THJ, and convince Dragic to sign for less in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arkuo
General Manager

Post#260 » by arkuo » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:24 am

I dont think KP for Kemba is a smart move. That's the very definition of trading for the sake of making a chnage.

An injury prone 25 year old for an injury prone 31 year old. Boston says yes to this every time. Kemba will see the same amount of court time as KP. He still wont play 82 games.

Return to Dallas Mavericks