ImageImageImage

Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Slick SickSir
Junior
And1: 227

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#761 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:53 am

Hill should be playing 24 min minimum this sries for sure. In fact he should maybe be the first one on trae if we want to not start simmons there. Green can not guard him.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 1 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday 6/6 l 1:00pm l ABC 

Post#762 » by DCasey91 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:00 am

HotelVitale wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Trae Young is very hard to stop, I’m not a big fan at all when the defense shifts over especially when he’s one of the better skip passers/passing in general in the league. We have a tendency to give open wing threes like usual. Trae off a screen makes Danny on him a non factor pretty much then he has multiple options:
- Skip pass open threes which is deadly for us and great for them because they have shooters for days
- Floater
- Layup
- Dump it or lob it to the big guy.
Best option is probably the floater or long threes imo. We have Embiid no need to collapse our own defense by shifting over a wing defender it’s not going to do squat in the end (NBA in general). You don’t have a 15+ wingspan why it still happens ad nauseam in 2021 is beyond me. Thybulle is the best bet we have on Trae. Has the pace to keep up. Teams still haven’t realized giving up open threes in the corners or on the outside is the worst possible outcome. They are small we are big, trying to keep pace with them is not good in the end.

I definitely agree, we simply cannot give up open corner 3s at this volume and expect to win--it's not a viable strategy, period. But I think the strategy you're proposing needs to be more complicated, in short because Trae settles for floaters and long 3s if he doesn't get something easier off the pn'r and we have to address that head on. In the first half Trae had a lot of room and he was running back and forth to get picks until he got Embiid/Dwight backpedaling and guessing, which meant he sometimes got to the cup (if Embiid leaned back too much on the big) and sometimes got up a lob (if Embiid or Dwight left that path open) and sometimes jogged into the lane and then fired a great pass to an open shooter. Dude is very very good at all of that, and he only resorts to the long 3s and floaters when those things are well defended. There's no simple formula for taking that away, can't pretend that there is.

In the 2nd half Doc overcompensated for that and basically did the nuclear option on Trae--not only showing hard off pn'r but actually having both defenders blitz and stick with him 30+ feet from the cup. That's the Steph-Dame 4th quarter defense, and while I actually liked it as a strategy when we were down like 23 pts, on the average play it's just going to lead to someone being wide open for a 3 (or having a clear lane to the cup). There has to be some happy medium where Thybulle or Simmons is on Trae, the double-team/blitz sticks for maybe a second before the help defender rushes back to cover his guy. That would still leave the possibility that Trae lasers a pass and starts a chain reaction, but it leaves a lot less margin for error and would often stifle all the easy things and cause the offense to have to restart (or take a rushed shot). Remember the Hawks are a team of shooters--not slashers--so if we can figure out a way to limit Trae's pn'r dominance and also take away open shots, we're in a pretty good spot.

I’m a big fan of the blitz strategy like with Curry/Lillard. He essentially plays a hybrid game with some Nash sprinkled in. I’m not worried about the Hawks in general but I am worried about Doc. No wonder he has blown 3-1 leads more than once, it’s just the logical side of things kind of goes out the window. He’s as stubborn as a mule and worse ... slow to react. Bench run up a -17 deficit. Then Green and Curry comes back in and guess what like clockwork Green is back on Young. All of that made no sense including the pace factor. Should have been an early timeout specifically for controlling the pace of the game and use our advantage of size and HCA.

Trae is very very good we just gave him a red carpet with bells and whistles in the first half and most of the game.

Regular season? Go for your life experiment try new things. But you can’t be stubborn when Green obviously can’t guard Trae.

I agree there has to be a happy medium in the end with a variety of man on man (Mostly Thybulle personally with a tiny bit of Hill, Simmons) and blitzing with the duo. I do actually like Embiid camping and not really going after Trae. He’s just way too slick and if Embiid is slow to recover it’s a free layup, the hard bit is the skip passing, Trae makes basically whoever is in his eyeline an offensive target on a live dribble that’s hard to stop. Doc though didn’t played it awfully defensive wise early on.

Most of the game for me was on Doc. Our offense was fine once it clicked. It’s the in game stuff even the Wizards series that I’m not liking that’s showing to be consistent with our coach. Play Trae face up not behind, but with Matisse that’s a weakness of his that Trae will definitely exploit. But I’m sure Matisse would have the awareness to know quicksmart or else this will be a long long series.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#763 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:01 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Dame has 2 to 3 years of elite play left. Embiid has 2 or 3 years of elite play left most likely maybe less with his injury issues. You treat dame and embiid as the same age.

Dame was every bit as good this year as years past. Someome compared him to kemba that is laughable. Dame is way better offensively than kemba has ever been and does not have a bad knee.

In fact dame is one of the most healthy stars in the game. Incredibly reliable.

His gravity is harden like. You simply can NOT leave him anywhere on the court at all.

Even if we had to throw in maxey with simmons shake and 4 firsts.. u keep green amd thybulle and shake around him amd embiid.

Wtf are we even talking about? Its a no brainer.

Problem is it may be unrealistic because portland may rightfully view ben as a negative asset much like tobias at this point

Hell maybe even can get covington back with it

You're not going to change many peoples' minds. There were many who were legitimately unwilling to trade a Simmons featured package for James Harden just 6 months ago. The undying loyalty to Simmons is bizarre. I have to assume most beating that drum are young fans who just started watching once the team became a powerhouse again.

I am not saying Simmons is solely to blame for today's loss, but I sympathize hard with what you're saying, Slick. From a basketball perspective, Simmons muddies the waters and makes a lot of teammates' jobs more difficult than they have to be. Struggling to pair certain positions with a guy who isn't even that dominant seems like absolute madness. Iverson was hard to find compatible teammates, but the difference there was that Allen dragged a team to the Finals, won an MVP and averaged close to 30 PPG throughout his time here.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#764 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:05 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Hill should be playing 24 min minimum this sries for sure. In fact he should maybe be the first one on trae if we want to not start simmons there. Green can not guard him.

C'mon now, please don't go for easy phony solutions here. No one can 'guard' Trae when they run picks on 90%+ of their plays-- even if prime MJ and Scottie were out there to be the primary defenders on him, the Hawks would just run a quick pick and freeze them or get them to switch. We're talking about a pn'r team with a maestro at the helm, any solution we're talking about for Trae begins and ends with a strategy for containing that.

EDIT: I just went back to look at the tape and make sure I wasn't trippin, there's basically one real mistake Danny Green makes on all of Trae's buckets or dimes (he leans badly the wrong way at 2:17 with no help D behind him), and Trae also torches Simmons, Thybulle, and Harris. The rest of the time Green stays pretty close to Trae, pursues well from behind and the sides, and makes good decisions on when to double etc. And Trae just has an answer every time.
;ab_channel=Z.Highlights
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#765 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:10 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Dame has 2 to 3 years of elite play left. Embiid has 2 or 3 years of elite play left most likely maybe less with his injury issues. You treat dame and embiid as the same age.

Dame was every bit as good this year as years past. Someome compared him to kemba that is laughable. Dame is way better offensively than kemba has ever been and does not have a bad knee.

In fact dame is one of the most healthy stars in the game. Incredibly reliable.

His gravity is harden like. You simply can NOT leave him anywhere on the court at all.

Even if we had to throw in maxey with simmons shake and 4 firsts.. u keep green amd thybulle and shake around him amd embiid.

Wtf are we even talking about? Its a no brainer.

Problem is it may be unrealistic because portland may rightfully view ben as a negative asset much like tobias at this point

Hell maybe even can get covington back with it

You're not going to change many peoples' minds. There were many who were legitimately unwilling to trade a Simmons featured package for James Harden just 6 months ago. The undying loyalty to Simmons is bizarre. I have to assume most beating that drum are young fans who just started watching once the team became a powerhouse again.

I am not saying Simmons is solely to blame for today's loss, but I sympathize hard with what you're saying, Slick. From a basketball perspective, Simmons muddies the waters and makes a lot of teammates' jobs more difficult than they have to be. Struggling to pair certain positions with a guy who isn't even that dominant seems like absolute madness. Iverson was hard to find compatible teammates, but the difference there was that Allen dragged a team to the Finals, won an MVP and averaged close to 30 PPG throughout his time here.

Ty, its atleast comforting to know some people get it and can see it.

I also think a lot of them are aussie ben fans more than sixer fans
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#766 » by Murray_17 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:11 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't like the Maxey/Curry backcourt pairing at all (but I get why Doc does it). In fact, if Maxey is playing, he can't be paired with another short guard against this Hawks team. It just wont work against their length. Simmons should be playing 40 minutes a game in this series. Look for George Hill to get some more time in this one. We've all talked in length about how Curry will eventually be phased out and I think this is where it starts to happen. I love his shooting, but this will not work playing him starter minutes against this team.

I don't like Seth's defense but he should be playing at least 40 minutes this series, i'm mad he didnt hit some open 3 game changers but he also shoot 50% on 10 tries from deep. Rotate between Hill and and Green and force Trae to at least go behind Embiid/Ben screens on defense. Attack him constantly and switch him into Seth to force him defend on the perimeter.

Danny just standing on the corner make the life of Trae easy and allow him to rest for entire possessions

You need to get the guy tired like Luka against the Clippers was on the second half of every game
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#767 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:13 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Hill should be playing 24 min minimum this sries for sure. In fact he should maybe be the first one on trae if we want to not start simmons there. Green can not guard him.

C'mon now, please don't go for easy phony solutions here. No one can 'guard' Trae when they run picks on 90%+ of their plays-- even if prime MJ and Scottie were out there to be the primary defenders on him, the Hawks would just run a quick pick and freeze them or get them to switch. We're talking about a pn'r team with a maestro at the helm, any solution we're talking about for Trae begins and ends with a strategy for containing that.

EDIT: I just went back to look at the tape and make sure I wasn't trippin, there's basically one real mistake Danny Green makes on all of Trae's buckets or dimes (he leans badly the wrong way at 2:17 with no help D behind him), and Trae also torches Simmons, Thybulle, and Harris. The rest of the time Green stays pretty close to Trae, pursues well from behind and the sides, and makes good decisions on when to double etc. And Trae just has an answer every time.
;ab_channel=Z.Highlights

Oh I 100% agree. The PnR is unstoppable in the nba when you have a playmaking guard. It is the most efficient offense in the nba for good teams.

Now ask yourself why we dont and cant effectively run it and havent been able to since a certain somebody was drafted and given the keys

People keep acting like defense was the problem today. But you just said it yourself, there is nothing you can do.

Hence why our offense has to be better and more efficient than theirs. And that is IMPOSSIBLE with ben simmons on this team

We will NEVER outscore top teams in the playoffs. Ever. Not with simmons on this team.

Sooner this organization wakes the **** up the better
HotelVitale
RealGM

Post#768 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:15 am

DCasey91 wrote:I’m a big fan of the blitz strategy like with Curry/Lillard. He essentially plays a hybrid game with some Nash sprinkled in. I’m not worried about the Hawks in general but I am worried about Doc. No wonder he has blown 3-1 leads more than once, it’s just the logical side of things kind of goes out the window. He’s as stubborn as a mule and worse ... slow to react. Bench run up a -17 deficit. Then Green and Curry comes back in and guess what like clockwork Green is back on Young. All of that made no sense including the pace factor. Should have been an early timeout specifically for controlling the pace of the game and use our advantage of size and HCA. Trae is very very good we just gave him a red carpet with bells and whistles in the first half and most of the game. Regular season? Go for your life experiment try new things. But you can’t be stubborn when Green obviously can’t guard Trae.

I agree there has to be a happy medium in the end with a variety of man on man (Mostly Thybulle personally with a tiny bit of Hill, Simmons) and blitzing with the duo. I do actually like Embiid camping and not really going after Trae. He’s just way too slick and if Embiid is slow to recover it’s a free layup, the hard bit is the skip passing, Trae makes basically whoever is in his eyeline an offensive target on a live dribble that’s hard to stop. Doc though didn’t played it awfully defensive wise early on. Most of the game for me was on Doc. Our offense was fine once it clicked. It’s the in game stuff even the Wizards series that I’m not liking that’s showing to be consistent with our coach. Play Trae face up not behind, but with Matisse that’s a weakness of his that Trae will definitely exploit. But I’m sure Matisse would have the awareness to know quicksmart or else this will be a long long series.

Dunno, man, think you might be going for easy solutions/scapegoats here too. Check out the post I just wrote above for more on that, tl;dr version is that the tape doesn't show Green playing particularly poorly on him and it very clearly shows Trae doing 90% of his damage off picks that would have taken any primary defender we have out of the main action. Not saying Green is a solution but he wasn't the glaring weakness or root cause.

I also don't think Trae is too much like Curry, Lillard, or Nash--Trae is 100% a pn'r player, he's actually not a particularly amazing 3pt shooter and never has been (never topped 36% in college or pros), and he's much more reliant on that sneaky in-between game off pn'r than those other guys. He relies on lobs and floaters for a lot of his scoring and assist-ing, and the threat of both is what lets him get to the cup off pn'r. Not letting him turn the corner on picks and set up all that is the point of blitzing him, and it feels like we can do that without actually crowding him hard at the logo. Having two guys stick on a guy that far from the hoop--when that player is a better passer than shooter from that distance--seems like it's too much. We need to stop the pn'r game but don't need to go nuclear on Trae and totally take him out at half court like you would for a red hot Dame (or Curry pretty much any time).
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#769 » by SixthStreet » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:17 am

Hill should be playing more with Simmons. He had some uncharacteristic bad plays on the ball today.

Extend Simmons minutes, play Thybulle and Hill more and shorten the bench. Play some 5 man units without Embiid or Howard for 6-8 minutes. That should fix the rotation problem.

Young's primary defenders should be Thybulle, Simmons, and Hill. No one else unless switched. Green will look much better defensively on Bojan and he will then be able to conserve some energy and hit some 3s. Green seems to be catching a lot of fan ire but I'm pretty sure his timely 3s and help and rotational defense are going to be a factor in the series as it moves forward.

I think the Sixers will be fine in the series.
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#770 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:21 am

Just imagine if hinkie was our GM all this time. He would have identified simmons as a 6'11 MCW years ago and would have traded him for booker years ago when we would have been able to do so.

Had that happened we would be preparing for our parade right now.

Ben simmons is a 6'11 MCW. Thats his comp. Strait up. I remember seeing sixer fans clown on booker years ago when hypothetical trades were brought up. Saying how simmons for booker was a joke.

Lmfao. Now look. We couldnt get booker if we offered simmons maxey thybulle and 4 firsts

LOL.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#771 » by DCasey91 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:23 am

TTP wrote:Maxey getting more minutes than George Hill this game was pretty dumb too. George Hill is a very good player with extensive playoff experience - why is he playing only 11 minutes? We were turning the ball over like crazy tonight and Hill's someone you can trust to take care of the ball, play good defense, and remain cool under pressure. We should have him playing 20-25 minutes and he can fit into a ton of different units.

Doc can stagger our lineups better so we're not using these 100% bench units. Our bench played a total of 64 minutes divided among 6 guys (ridiculous that we're playing 11). Play Dwight 8-10 when Embiid sits. Play Matisse 20-25 and let him cause chaos - our team functions best when we're generating turnovers and getting out in transition. Play Hill 20-25. Play Furkan or Maxey or Shake the rest - like 10 min at most.

Play Simmons/Embiid nearly always together and let Tobias do the heavy lifting in the bench heavy units.

That’s exactly how I see it too. There is zero reason not to have a pairing of Embiid/Harris, Simmons/Harris, Simmons/Embiid or Harris OKC version at alll times. All bench units is illogical for a period of time especially in the playoffs. Our backcourt is highly exploitable too.

I’m a big fan of Hill he should get 20+ mins a night sharing onball guard play, off ball can shoot too and is highly versatile in basically any variation of lineups that we put out there. Quite possibly it’s just nepotism in the end that maybe is our undoing along with Doc’s stubbornness which was apparent against the Wizards
This is why you bring a vet like that in to steady the ship.

Game 2 will tell a lot on the adjustments. If it is slow or if Green is still on Young, then Doc as the old saying goes can’t lead a horse to water definitely not when it’s an old mule.
HotelVitale
RealGM

Post#772 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:28 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Oh I 100% agree. The PnR is unstoppable in the nba when you have a playmaking guard. It is the most efficient offense in the nba for good teams. Now ask yourself why we dont and cant effectively run it and havent been able to since a certain somebody was drafted and given the keys People keep acting like defense was the problem today. But you just said it yourself, there is nothing you can do.
Hence why our offense has to be better and more efficient than theirs. And that is IMPOSSIBLE with ben simmons on this team
We will NEVER outscore top teams in the playoffs. Ever. Not with simmons on this team. Sooner this organization wakes the **** up the better

This isn't sports talk radio, we don't need to find some simple scapegoat and call for their head. The game is complicated and fluid and that's what makes it worth watching carefully and talking about afterwards, and this is a good example.

Trae Young is a generational pn'r player, he's absolutely amazing at it and it's not getting you anywhere to say 'see he's good at that why can't we just do it!' It's not Simmons' fault that we never got him another great perimeter player that can run pn'r, it's not Ben's game but he didn't prevent it from being anyone else's. Remember that was the whole premise behind the Fultz trade--his upside as a prospect was because of his 3-level pn'r game (before he forgot to shoot and lost 2 of those 3 levels)--and it was also Jimmy Butler's game. And we run lots of pn'r with players like Tobias, Shake, Maxey, and even Furk. Those guys are sometimes effective at it but they're obviously not going to be on Trae Young's level because pretty much no one is--and the guys that are are all-NBA dudes who we can't just ask for and get. I'm obviously frustrated at parts of Simmons game but he's fine with his role, the coach is fine with his role, and us continuing to scapegoat him when things like today happen feels fake. Lots of things went wrong this game, not to mention that we've won a helluva lot of games the last couple years with Ben being who he was.

Also there are things we can do to slow down Trae, him being really good at pn'r doesn't mean we just have to suck it up and lay down. We have to figure out ways to make it hard on him, to make him have to make tough shots and think harder and take away what he does most easily and instinctively. We were slow to do that in the 1st half and let him heat up, doubt we do that again. (I'd also just point out that the Hawks played really well today. They're not always going to shoot the lights out and move the ball beautifully--not saying this was their best possible game but it was a very good game for them, definitely better than average.)
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#773 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:54 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Oh I 100% agree. The PnR is unstoppable in the nba when you have a playmaking guard. It is the most efficient offense in the nba for good teams. Now ask yourself why we dont and cant effectively run it and havent been able to since a certain somebody was drafted and given the keys People keep acting like defense was the problem today. But you just said it yourself, there is nothing you can do.
We will NEVER outscore top teams in the playoffs. Ever. Not with simmons on this team. Sooner this organization wakes the **** up the better

This isn't sports talk radio, we don't need to find some simple scapegoat and call for their head. The game is complicated and fluid and that's what makes it worth watching carefully and talking about afterwards, and this is a good example.

Trae Young is a generational pn'r player, he's absolutely amazing at it and it's not getting you anywhere to say 'see he's good at that why can't we just do it!' It's not Simmons' fault that we never got him another great perimeter player that can run pn'r, it's not Ben's game but he didn't prevent it from being anyone else's. Remember that was the whole premise behind the Fultz trade--his upside as a prospect was because of his 3-level pn'r game (before he forgot to shoot and lost 2 of those 3 levels)--and it was also Jimmy Butler's game. And we run lots of pn'r with players like Tobias, Shake, Maxey, and even Furk. Those guys are sometimes effective at it but they're obviously not going to be on Trae Young's level because pretty much no one is--and the guys that are are all-NBA dudes who we can't just ask for and get. I'm obviously frustrated at parts of Simmons game but he's fine with his role, the coach is fine with his role, and us continuing to scapegoat him when things like today happen feels fake. Lots of things went wrong this game, not to mention that we've won a helluva lot of games the last couple years with Ben being who he was.

Also there are things we can do to slow down Trae, him being really good at pn'r doesn't mean we just have to suck it up and lay down. We have to figure out ways to make it hard on him, to make him have to make tough shots and think harder and take away what he does most easily and instinctively. We were slow to do that in the 1st half and let him heat up, doubt we do that again. (I'd also just point out that the Hawks played really well today. They're not always going to shoot the lights out and move the ball beautifully--not saying this was their best possible game but it was a very good game for them, definitely better than average.)

Wth are you talking about. We got jimmy butler in here and he runs the PnR in the half court just fine. We got one of the best PnR players in tobias until he came here.

Both jimmy and tobias found it hard to be as effective here. What was rhe common denominator for both? Like wtf man. Are yall strait up trolling?

You have to be ben family members. Cp3 could come here and his PnR would be way less effective with ben camping in the paint too.

WAKE UP. BEN IS THE PROBLEM ALWAYS HAS BEEN
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#774 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:56 am

Yall be like the mom of those sick in the head kids who be all sorts of **** up but the mom keep denying it and blaming the teachers and all the 10 diff schools they have been too. Yall are that mom. Ben is that kid.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#775 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:58 am

I don't understand crapping on Simmons either. If that is what people want to do, I can't stop that, but I personally don't have an issue with him other than his lack of aggression on offense. I feel like if he looked to score more and attacked more often, it would put a ton of pressure on the opposing team. You then have Embiid free to do some bullying as well and it would also free up your shooters. I would just like to see Ben in general try and get "his" more than he does. I expected a corner three this year, but didn't get it. Oh well...I'm not one that is ready to give up on him. If we do trade him, it damn well better be for a player that's worth it.

Again, people calling him a liability in the playoffs is understandable. It's why I say he should look to get his more than he does. realistically I don't see anyone capable of stopping him if he just decided to go all out and attack every time down. He's too quick and he's too athletic to be this limited, so that is frustrating.

As HotelVitale mentioned, the play with Ben and Jo was to put a guard in between them that could score off the dribble and take pressure off of them. We tried to get this player. Once with Fultz, and once again with Butler. Neither player wanted to be here. We held it together with glue last year with the overuse of Josh Richardson which failed. This year, Morey patched it up again with the additions of Curry and Maxey. At some point, we're going to hit on the player we want to pair with them. I still say it's premature to talk about trading Simmons. Flame away if you prefer, but that's my opinion on this.

Oh and by the way....We lost one game. Not two, not three. One game, due to a number of circumstances. Can you imagine this board if we were in the hole that the Clippers were in against Dallas? If we get our doors blown off in game 2, it might be time to panic, but I don't think that's going to happen. We're going to fix this. I think we'll steal a game or two in Atlanta. This series will most likely go 7 if we can keep Jo healthy. It won't be easy, this Hawks team is a bad matchup for us, but we should still be able to beat them. If we dont', it's going to go down as an epic failure of a season. But I am all for seeing how the next few games pan out before jumping to conclusions and going all "evaluation mode" on everything.
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#776 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:01 am

Why did butler want to leave. Answer that. And answer honestly
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#777 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:07 am

What do you want from those people. Anyone who watches basketball and knows ANYTHING about it sees just how bad is Ben in halfcourt offence. He isn't just bad by himself, he literally handicaps his teammates too.

He is a very good player, not great one though and he needs very specific roster construction to thrive. We don't have that and he isn't close to being good enough to choose him over Joel.

I'm pretty sure Morey knows this better then I do and Simmons will be traded this summer.

P.S. not agreeing with MCW 6'11 part though, Ben for all his faults is a lot better than that
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#778 » by DCasey91 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:07 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Why did butler want to leave. Answer that. And answer honestly

He wanted his own team and is a what you would say a limiting time span on him. Love him as a player and his type of mentality but it does wear thin especially to younger types which I don’t care about but it can cause group volatility. But that’s his nature, his own self improvement journey is very rare for anyone in the world to get to not even mentioning basketball just life in general. Then being surrounded by catered youngsters that hasn’t done anything you can see where it ends up. Also his natural personality would clash real fast. A junkyard dog next to a pampered one so to speak. Wolves, 76ers, now the Heat has an underlying theme of that same aspect. Older guys haven’t had any real issues with Butler they understand it. I bet you he’s had stern words with all the younger players across all three teams. In a ironic way it isn’t alienation or being distasteful or disrespectful in fact it’s an A type thing to do to call out the BS because people in higher positions don’t have the cahones too.

Though the lack of respect initially coming in left a lot to be desired, misused for a lot of the time during the stay.
Was excellent for us no doubt about it and the only time we actually had a legitimate contending team.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#779 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:07 am

Slick SickSir wrote:Yall be like the mom of those sick in the head kids who be all sorts of **** up but the mom keep denying it and blaming the teachers and all the 10 diff schools they have been too. Yall are that mom. Ben is that kid.

What the hell are you even talking about? Terrible analogy! Clearly you overthought that one in a futile attempt to sound clever.
Some of us are discussing this rationally. You're being borderline obnoxious at this point. Congrats on trying to sound cool, but being annoying instead. Throwing insults around because someone has a different opinion than you on the internet is just a lazy, unintelligent approach. You sound as if you have basketball tourettes at this point. "BEN SIMMONS SUCKS"! Over and over again. Not one solid point has been made in your 82 posts on RealGM. Everything is just witless and insulting. It's getting old.
I apologize....Not all of us type or speak on a 8th grade level.

Oh, and Butler left because of issues with Brett Brown. You'd know that if you didn't just assume **** all the time.
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#780 » by Slick SickSir » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:09 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:Why did butler want to leave. Answer that. And answer honestly

He wanted his own team and is a what you would say a limiting time span on him. Love him as a player and his type of mentality but it does wear thin especially to younger types which I don’t care about but it can cause group volatility. But that’s his nature, his own self improvement journey is very rare for anyone in the world to get to not even mentioning basketball just life in general. Then being surrounded by catered youngsters that hasn’t done anything you can see where it ends up. Also his natural personality would clash real fast.

Though the lack of respect initially coming in left a lot to be desired, misused for a lot of the time during the stay.
Was excellent for us no doubt about it and the only time we actually had a legitimate contending team.

Not true. Ben simmons and brett browns coddling of simmons is why he left. He has said as much without saying it in those exact words. He has made it no secret that is why he left. Puuulease

Return to Philadelphia 76ers