ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1421 » by DJ_3_Ball » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:59 pm

arkuo wrote:Lavine might cost a re-signed THJ and 2 firsts. If the Bulls arent confident of keeping Lavine in Chicago. He's UFA next year, he can pack up and leave.

Mavs fans really overrate THJ. The Bulls front office has an analytics department. They're going to tell the GM that THJ shoots X% when Luka gets him the ball and Y% when anyone else passes him the ball or he creates his own shots.

X > Y and since the Bulls know that Luka isn't coming with THJ, they won't want him.

Plus, LaVine hasn't expressed any interest to leave CHI. Maybe he does or maybe he doesn't. We're hoping he does, and then we're hoping he'd want to come here & resign here. It's a lot of hoping... but LaVine is probably a top 3 player I'd want to pair with Luka. So, it's worth hoping for.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#1422 » by Heezzi » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:12 am

arkuo wrote:
KhalilS wrote:It's been suggested on the trade board and generally accepted by both teams, I'd do it.

Yeah considering how the Mavs lack so much offensive firepower, as shown earlier, with Luka assisting on 84% of the Mavs offense, you need more players who are able to create on their own and not just stand outside the 3 point line, waiting for a pass. Luka will break his back carrying a team of G-Leaguers.

Also, it is also noticeable how KP's athleticism has completely vacated his body. I'm not putting hopes on it coming back. He's heavier now than he was during his rookie year. He won't be able to do those spin move dunks to the basket anymore, so it's up to him to develop new moves like Dirk. Post up fadeaways are a great use for his high release. No one can block a 7'3 jump shooter who releases the ball above his head.

A move like this needs to be followed by a replacement big man though. Mavs need to chase Olynyk or Holmes down hard.

C- Holmes / Boban / WCS
PF- Kleber / Powell
SF- Hayward / DFS
SG- THJ / Green
PG - Doncic / Brunson

You upgrade 2 starting spots with Hayward and Holmes. I can live with that.

Brunson gotta go. Mavs need another Pg.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,980

Post#1423 » by Apz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:17 pm

Heezzi wrote:
arkuo wrote:
KhalilS wrote:It's been suggested on the trade board and generally accepted by both teams, I'd do it.

Yeah considering how the Mavs lack so much offensive firepower, as shown earlier, with Luka assisting on 84% of the Mavs offense, you need more players who are able to create on their own and not just stand outside the 3 point line, waiting for a pass. Luka will break his back carrying a team of G-Leaguers.

Also, it is also noticeable how KP's athleticism has completely vacated his body. I'm not putting hopes on it coming back. He's heavier now than he was during his rookie year. He won't be able to do those spin move dunks to the basket anymore, so it's up to him to develop new moves like Dirk. Post up fadeaways are a great use for his high release. No one can block a 7'3 jump shooter who releases the ball above his head.

A move like this needs to be followed by a replacement big man though. Mavs need to chase Olynyk or Holmes down hard.

C- Holmes / Boban / WCS
PF- Kleber / Powell
SF- Hayward / DFS
SG- THJ / Green
PG - Doncic / Brunson

You upgrade 2 starting spots with Hayward and Holmes. I can live with that.

Brunson gotta go. Mavs need another Pg.

Wat? Please elaborate why mavs need a better oh then brunson off the bench
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#1424 » by Mavrelous » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:23 pm

Brunson is not a pass-first PG, and he's too defensively problematic to start with Luka, Mavs need a quick guards defender.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1425 » by ejs78 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I like it, but for now just a rumor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#1426 » by leolozon » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:25 am

ejs78 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Who would the Celtics even want?

Smart if great defensively, but so limited offensively. You can't give up that much for him.

Anyway, after the JRich trade I'm weary of trading for defense without offense. The team badly needs rim protection on defense.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#1427 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:25 am

I got no clue why the Celts would want to move Smart. Marcus Smart is a different type of defender. Basically in a class of his own. He has quickness and strength. He's guarded Embiid & handled his own on several occasions going all the way back to OK State.

Smart isn't that limited on offense. He's actually a very good passer and he hits enough 3s that you can't leave him wide open. If you have Luka & Smart + 3 other shooters, then that's a potent offense.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#1428 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:33 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:I got no clue why the Celts would want to move Smart. Marcus Smart is a different type of defender. Basically in a class of his own. He has quickness and strength. He's guarded Embiid & handled his own on several occasions going all the way back to OK State.

Smart isn't that limited on offense. He's actually a very good passer and he hits enough 3s that you can't leave him wide open. If you have Luka & Smart + 3 other shooters, then that's a potent offense.

The Celts have to move Kemba. It’s no secret that they want to move on. I can almost guarantee you that the Mavs and Celtics will make a trade that looks something like Porzingis/Brunson/Kleiber/and maybe a pick for Smart and Walker.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1429 » by ejs78 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:33 am

He's not expected to get more than a late first.
leolozon wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Smart if great defensively, but so limited offensively. You can't give up that much for him.

Anyway, after the JRich trade I'm weary of trading for defense without offense. The team badly needs rim protection on defense.

Absinthe
Pro Prospect

Post#1430 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:41 am

I have no idea why Boston would want to get rid of Smart. Sure, he’s limited offensively but he’s prettt much the leader of the team and the best defender they have.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#1431 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:45 am

Absinthe, why the two posts? In one post you're saying BOS will move Smart & Walker, in the other you're saying you don't understand why they would move Smart.

I understand Boston wanting to move Kemba, but I don't understand why that means they would also move Smart.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect

Post#1432 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:49 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Absinthe, why the two posts? In one post you're saying BOS will move Smart & Walker, in the other you're saying you don't understand why they would move Smart.

I understand Boston wanting to move Kemba, but I don't understand why that means they would also move Smart.

I don’t think they want to move Smart but they need a shake up. So I could foolishly see them moving on from him even though it’s probably premature. They didn’t recently appoint Stevens for him to do what Ainge did…nothing. They’ve got to decide if their future is centered around Brown, Tatum, and Smart. They’re going nowhere with that nucleus. I personally wouldn’t trade Smart, but out of those three he’s the odd man out in Boston.
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1433 » by JJP » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:50 am

In some ways, Boston is in the same predicament the Mavs are in - they absolutely have to do something. They are going to be buying and selling. Boston is a reasonable dance partner. Smart could be packaged or maybe Walker.

The essential issue is what players will made available for trade. Dallas can beef up their bench with free agents, but trading KP is a matter for only a very few teams. Boston may be one.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect

Post#1434 » by Absinthe » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:14 am

JJP wrote:In some ways, Boston is in the same predicament the Mavs are in - they absolutely have to do something. They are going to be buying and selling. Boston is a reasonable dance partner. Smart could be packaged or maybe Walker.

The essential issue is what players will made available for trade. Dallas can beef up their bench with free agents, but trading KP is a matter for only a very few teams. Boston may be one.

That’s my thoughts as well. Very similar situation to Dallas. They have a lousy albatross of a contract and their nucleus clearly isn’t getting them past the Bucks, Nets, 76ers, and probably Atlanta. They’ve got to do something.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#1435 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:44 am

ejs78 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

For JRich and Brunson maybe?

I would then see if Pacers would bite on a deal center eat around KP for Myles Turner. Maybe try to find a way to get both Turner and TJ Warren. If not Warren then McDermott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1436 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:45 am

leolozon wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

If JRich opts in (highly likely) that’s who you start with.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#1437 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:52 am

Absinthe wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:Absinthe, why the two posts? In one post you're saying BOS will move Smart & Walker, in the other you're saying you don't understand why they would move Smart.

I don’t think they want to move Smart but they need a shake up. So I could foolishly see them moving on from him even though it’s probably premature. They didn’t recently appoint Stevens for him to do what Ainge did…nothing. They’ve got to decide if their future is centered around Brown, Tatum, and Smart. They’re going nowhere with that nucleus. I personally wouldn’t trade Smart, but out of those three he’s the odd man out in Boston.

The Pacers are in the same boat which is why I think they could get talked in to trading Myles Turner.

Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#1438 » by Bnice5 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:15 am

Would Boston have any interest in KP for Smart and a sign and trade of Evan Fournier?

I wouldn’t mind a starting line up of

Luka
Smart
Fournier
DFS
Center who can play D and rim roll (Holmes?)
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#1439 » by dirkforpres » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:19 am

Bnice5 wrote:Would Boston have any interest in KP for Smart and a sign and trade of Evan Fournier?

Luka
Smart
Fournier
DFS

I can’t imagine a world in which any team out there has Kemba and Porzingis on the same payroll.

Only way KP goes to Boston is if Kemba is coming back…. Mavs should do that though if Smart came back with him
FIRE JASON KIDD
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#1440 » by Bnice5 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:16 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Bnice5 wrote:Would Boston have any interest in KP for Smart and a sign and trade of Evan Fournier?

Luka
Smart
Fournier
DFS

I can’t imagine a world in which any team out there has Kemba and Porzingis on the same payroll.

Only way KP goes to Boston is if Kemba is coming back…. Mavs should do that though if Smart came back with him

Agree I don’t think they would, but I really don’t want to touch Kemba… KPs contract is much more movable due to his age and rare size/skill.

Return to Dallas Mavericks