ImageImageImage

What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,800

Re: What would it take to get Bradley Beal in Celtics green? 

Post#61 » by Bar Fight » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:05 am

We should also trade Carsen Edwards for Luka while we're at it. Might have to cough up Semi as well. And while we're on the topic, who says no to Tacko for Zion straight up?
nic4747
Pro Prospect
And1: 523

Post#62 » by nic4747 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:10 pm

Count me in the camp that thinks we could get Bradley Beal relatively cheap assuming he signals to the Wizards he does not intend to opt into his player option and resign with the team. The Wizards would then be motivated to trade his "expiring" contract for something or lose him for nothing. We definitely wouldn't need to trade Brown for him. A first rounder and second rounder seems like a reasonable trade to me. The complication is that I assume we would want them to take back Kemba's contract as well (and we would probably have to so the salarys match), which means we might have to cough up a little more due to its negative value. Does anyone know if the Wizards have any salaries they might want to dump? We might be able to use our TPE to absorb them as compensation for them taking Kemba.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#63 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:04 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Hal14 wrote:what will it take?

-Star player
-Young talent
-Multiple draft picks

Kemba
Nesmith or Langford (they can take their pick)
Time Lord
2021 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick, 2025 1st round pick

Then we draft Neemias Queta with our 2nd round pick. Check out his footage if you haven't seen it on youtube. He's projected currently as a 2nd round pick and if we can get him with 45th pick it'd be steal of draft.

C Thompson (by end of season Queta is starting)
F Tatum
F Brown
G Beal
G Smart

Bench: Fournier (6th man of year), Nesmith/Langford (whoever's left), Queta (by end of season Thompson off bench when Queta is starting), Pritchard, Madar..

Kemba a star? :lol:

Yes.

Sick of slander. He was hurt, but he was effective when his body was right. 20 ppg is an off year.

Now. He might never be healthy again. I get it. But that is the reason we can’t rely on him. He is a very good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#64 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:06 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Jammer wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<sigh>...I got nuthin

You may laugh now, but this trade becomes very plausible if Washington decides to move on from Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal notifies Washington of his intention not to re-sign in 2022. Suddenly it's very plausible. And I can see both Beal moving on from Washington and Washington moving on from Westbrook as real possibilities, which then makes this trade a distinct possibility.

You do know that for trades to work, the other team has to want the guy you're trading right?? As in Washington would have to WANT Kemba...........for Beal, I mean.

Look at what Houston got for harden. Players can force trades.

nic4747
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by nic4747 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:25 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Hal14 wrote:what will it take?

-Star player
-Young talent
-Multiple draft picks

Kemba
Nesmith or Langford (they can take their pick)
Time Lord
2021 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick, 2025 1st round pick

Then we draft Neemias Queta with our 2nd round pick. Check out his footage if you haven't seen it on youtube. He's projected currently as a 2nd round pick and if we can get him with 45th pick it'd be steal of draft.

C Thompson (by end of season Queta is starting)
F Tatum
F Brown
G Beal
G Smart

Bench: Fournier (6th man of year), Nesmith/Langford (whoever's left), Queta (by end of season Thompson off bench when Queta is starting), Pritchard, Madar..

Kemba a star? :lol:

Yes.

Sick of slander. He was hurt, but he was effective when his body was right. 20 ppg is an off year.

Now. He might never be healthy again. I get it. But that is the reason we can’t rely on him. He is a very good player.

Yeah, the real issue with trading Kemba is the question marks around his knee, putting that aside I think he has value for a team that doesn't have serious playoff aspirations and needs some offensive production. He's a good shooter and can score in bunches. I also think being on a different team with less pressure will increase his confidence and help him play a little better.

Kemba's totally fine in the regular season, it's the playoffs where he sucks.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,816

Post#66 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:26 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Jammer wrote:You may laugh now, but this trade becomes very plausible if Washington decides to move on from Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal notifies Washington of his intention not to re-sign in 2022. Suddenly it's very plausible. And I can see both Beal moving on from Washington and Washington moving on from Westbrook as real possibilities, which then makes this trade a distinct possibility.

You do know that for trades to work, the other team has to want the guy you're trading right?? As in Washington would have to WANT Kemba...........for Beal, I mean.

Look at what Houston got for harden. Players can force trades.

Yeah, I'm sorry but no way Washington considers it unless we put up Jaylen.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,410

Post#67 » by playa-hater » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:12 pm

Getting Beal to Boston first starts with a phone call.... from Tatum... after that..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#68 » by moonie_mcgee » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:07 am

Well worst case Kemba comes off the bench to provide instant offense. He's 30+, made millions over millions, and is breaking down physically. Lot of former all stars coming up the bench in their 30s these days.
That's the Way of the World
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,410

Post#69 » by playa-hater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:06 am

moonie_mcgee wrote:Well worst case Kemba comes off the bench to provide instant offense. He's 30+, made millions over millions, and is breaking down physically. Lot of former all stars coming up the bench in their 30s these days.

definitely the ONLY solution if we have to keep him.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#70 » by enzino » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:43 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Kemba, Rob, Nesmith, Romeo, like 4 future firsts and 2 swaps might get it going..

this
and Pritchard
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,715

Post#71 » by BK_2020 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:04 pm

nic4747 wrote:Count me in the camp that thinks we could get Bradley Beal relatively cheap assuming he signals to the Wizards he does not intend to opt into his player option and resign with the team. The Wizards would then be motivated to trade his "expiring" contract for something or lose him for nothing. We definitely wouldn't need to trade Brown for him. A first rounder and second rounder seems like a reasonable trade to me. The complication is that I assume we would want them to take back Kemba's contract as well (and we would probably have to so the salarys match), which means we might have to cough up a little more due to its negative value. Does anyone know if the Wizards have any salaries they might want to dump? We might be able to use our TPE to absorb them as compensation for them taking Kemba.

Remember when AD signaled that he does not intend on resigning and the Lakers got him for one FRP and one SRP?
Or when Harden signaled that he does not intend on resigning and the Nets got him for one FRP and one SRP?
nic4747
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by nic4747 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:52 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
nic4747 wrote:Count me in the camp that thinks we could get Bradley Beal relatively cheap assuming he signals to the Wizards he does not intend to opt into his player option and resign with the team. The Wizards would then be motivated to trade his "expiring" contract for something or lose him for nothing. We definitely wouldn't need to trade Brown for him. A first rounder and second rounder seems like a reasonable trade to me. The complication is that I assume we would want them to take back Kemba's contract as well (and we would probably have to so the salarys match), which means we might have to cough up a little more due to its negative value. Does anyone know if the Wizards have any salaries they might want to dump? We might be able to use our TPE to absorb them as compensation for them taking Kemba.

Remember when AD signaled that he does not intend on resigning and the Lakers got him for one FRP and one SRP?
Or when Harden signaled that he does not intend on resigning and the Nets got him for one FRP and one SRP?

Ok that's fair. But both Harden and AD are much better than Beal. On the other end you have Jimmy Butler who the Timberwolves traded away for relatively cheap, also the Raptors got Serge Ibaka pretty cheap as well. In both cases the players were in their contract year and signaled they had no intention of re-signing with their teams. However, the Butler situation was a bit of a special case and Beal is much better than Ibaka.

So maybe a first rounder and a second rounder isn't enough, but I still maintain that we might be able to get him relatively cheap assuming Beal submits a trade request.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,116

Post#73 » by Hal14 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:28 pm

nic4747 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

Ok that's fair. But both Harden and AD are much better than Beal. On the other end you have Jimmy Butler who the Timberwolves traded away for relatively cheap, also the Raptors got Serge Ibaka pretty cheap as well. In both cases the players were in their contract year and signaled they had no intention of re-signing with their teams. However, the Butler situation was a bit of a special case and Beal is much better than Ibaka.

So maybe a first rounder and a second rounder isn't enough, but I still maintain that we might be able to get him relatively cheap assuming Beal submits a trade request.

Yeah, Beal only has 1 year left on his contract so might not take too much to move him..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,715

Post#74 » by BK_2020 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:35 pm

nic4747 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

Jimmy Butler returned Covington and Saric. Covington at the time was entering year 1 of a 4/45 deal which was exceptional value for him. Saric was a polished roleplayer who had 2 years remaining on his rookie-scale contract.
Covington later brought back one FRP, Malik Beasley, Vanderbilt and Juancho all on rookie-scale contract.
Saric was packaged with pick 11 to jump up to pick 6, a jump which typically costs at least a decent FRP.
So Jimmy Butler eventually netted 2 FRP, Malik Beasley who is a good roleplayer, and Vanderbilt and Juancho who on rookie deals would be worth high 2nd or late 1st.
Players like Aaron Gordon get traded for two FRP. It'll be extremely unlikely to obtain Beal for one FRP and one SRP.

Return to Boston Celtics