ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,004

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part V 

Post#101 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:45 pm

He is not even the 3rd best player, he cannot be when he can't score for **** and can't make his FT, we need reliable guys that can score and he can't do that, yet is being paid max money? give me a break.
Horrible takes since 2016
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 535

Post#102 » by sodmoraes » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:18 am

Sadly everybody now knows he's limited and already reached his ceiling. I dont know if we can get a decent package for him. He's a "gourmet " defensive player who passes well but is a worse ft shooter than Shaq...

I said that we should have traded Ben last year, when people were still enamored by his potential( or early this year). He reached his ceiling and his shooting is getting worst. We cant fool anyone now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#103 » by Simmons25 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:00 am

You could get 10 random people off the street and I guarantee they would all become better free throw shooters than Ben after 5 seasons. :lol:
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#104 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:13 am

If we can't get Dame, I might just do Simmons + Hill for CJ + Covington + three FRPs.

McCollum(34)/Maxey(14)
Green(24)/Curry(24)
Covington(16)/Thybulle(24)/Green(4)
Harris(34)/Covington(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

McCollum/Maxey/Milton
Green/Curry/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/FRP
Harris/Tolliver/SRP
Embiid/Howard/Reed

Then have a stash of picks available to trade for another star. Simmons might be more valuable to Portland than anyone else in the league right now, should they decide to attempt to keep Dame happy. Fleece them if we must.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 535

Post#105 » by sodmoraes » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:48 am

Cj is probably the kinda of player we can get for Simmons, but i think we cant get more than 1 frp in your proposed trade.

Portland probably doesnt want Simmons in a trade for Dame. If you trade your star it's for a rebuild, like Houston with Harden, so you want a lot of picks. Simmons is 24 old and cant shoot, doesnt make sense in their timeline.

Maybe we can get Beal or Lavine for Ben too, but i doubt it. He's a very good defender and passer but, as we saw today, nba is all about offense. He's too much of a liability in the playoffs. He's a better player than CJ but for our team Mccolum would be much more useful.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Blazers20
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#106 » by Blazers20 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:03 am

Curious if Norm Powell is a better fit in Philly versus CJ? Norm is more efficient and actually plays D. Would Philly do a S&T for Norm? Norm for Ben.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#107 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:10 am

Blazers20 wrote:Curious if Norm Powell is a better fit in Philly versus CJ? Norm is more efficient and actually plays D. Would Philly do a S&T for Norm? Norm for Ben.

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous
Blazers20
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#108 » by Blazers20 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:46 am

So CJ is a better fit, fair enough.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:09 am

If I’m trading Ben, I want someone that I need to give up 5-6 first rounders and all my young players because he’s that good.

I dont want to trade Ben for someone who I think has an equal value or someone Im asking myself if I sold Ben short and could have extracted a couple more firsts before going to bed.

If you trade Ben, you’re going for a homerun.
Not someone who relieves you from a temporary disappointment. You’re just doing it more because of your emotions.

Right now CJ and Ben’s value are equal.

A season or two, im taking the younger player with less injury history.

You trade for CJ, and I bet you’ll be posting here about how CJ is not good enough and we need someone like Doncic.

Guys, let’s not forget that the blueprint is to have a couple of MVP caliber guys in order to win it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,749

Post#110 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:08 pm

76ciology wrote:If I’m trading Ben, I want someone that I need to give up 5-6 first rounders and all my young players because he’s that good.

I dont want to trade Ben for someone who I think has an equal value or someone Im asking myself if I sold Ben short and could have extracted a couple more firsts before going to bed.

Not someone who relieves you from a temporary disappointment. You’re just doing it more because of your emotions.

You trade for CJ, and I bet you’ll be posting here about how CJ is not good enough and we need someone like Doncic.

Guys, let’s not forget that the blueprint is to have a couple of MVP caliber guys in order to win it.

Can I get a list of the disgruntled/available ones? I feel like those guys are all in good situations and won't be forcing themselves out.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#111 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:25 pm

76ciology wrote:If I’m trading Ben, I want someone that I need to give up 5-6 first rounders and all my young players because he’s that good.

I agree with your assessment of going for a homerun if trading Simmons, but I put myself in the other 29 GM's shoes and think the 76ers will have to sell the farm in addition to Simmons for me to bite, because which front office out there is that eager to deal for him in the first place? If this was the 2019 offseason or heck even last summer there would be less data out there showing that Simmons has basically hit his ceiling, something that could leave a few "what ifs?" in other GM's heads. Otherwise, I think it's well known that Ben is what he is at this point.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#112 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:26 pm

Blazers20 wrote:Curious if Norm Powell is a better fit in Philly versus CJ? Norm is more efficient and actually plays D. Would Philly do a S&T for Norm? Norm for Ben.

We might be rough on Ben, but we don't value him that low lol.
Here Lies The Process
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,813

Post#113 » by Stanford » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:51 pm

Blazers20 wrote:So CJ is a better fit, fair enough.

That's not why it's ridiculous.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#114 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:28 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:

I agree with your assessment of going for a homerun if trading Simmons, but I put myself in the other 29 GM's shoes and think the 76ers will have to sell the farm in addition to Simmons for me to bite, because which front office out there is that eager to deal for him in the first place? If this was the 2019 offseason or heck even last summer there would be less data out there showing that Simmons has basically hit his ceiling, something that could leave a few "what ifs?" in other GM's heads. Otherwise, I think it's well known that Ben is what he is at this point.

Im also not delusional and is realistic. I will sell the farm (3-4 first round picks and all the young players) along with Ben for a MVP caliber player.

And thats the kind of move we need to make.

Not Ben for player A and 2 2nd rounders. Those are sideways to down moves. We need quantum leap moves
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#115 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:30 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Can I get a list of the disgruntled/available ones? I feel like those guys are all in good situations and won't be forcing themselves out.

I think Dame can be available. I think there can be some more names in the offseason. They dont usually pop out when their team is playing in the playoffs. :wink:
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#116 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:36 pm

76ciology wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

Im also not delusional and is realistic. I will sell the farm (3-4 first round picks and all the young players) along with Ben for a MVP caliber player.

Not Ben for player A and 2 2nd rounders. Those are sideways to down moves. We need quantum leap moves

I agree with you. My point was that less and less GM's out there might be willing to deal their MVP caliber player for a Simmons-based package. I think now that most GM's have seen the lack of progression, there might be more enticing deals from other teams to entertain from their perspective.
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#117 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:41 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
76ciology wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

I agree with you. My point was that less and less GM's out there might be willing to deal their MVP caliber player for a Simmons-based package. I think now that most GM's have seen the lack of progression, there might be more enticing deals from other teams to entertain from their perspective.

Agree also. So we just have to wait. Key is for that guy to ask for a trade. We have experienced this with Harden.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#118 » by TheBallsDeeper » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:09 am

If Dame wants out, maybe Simmons plus Thybulle would be an option.

For Philly it is a no-brainer, not sure Portland would take it, but if they are looking for players rather than picks and Dame really demands out it might be a chance.

Right now if I was a GM from another team I wouldn't touch Simmons unless he agrees to start shooting with his correct hand.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,656

Post#119 » by stormi » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:10 am

Ben legacy game tomorrow.

Time to cement his already recognized place in the top five players in the world currently.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#120 » by cool93 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:02 am

stormi wrote:Ben legacy game tomorrow.

Time to cement his already recognized place in the top five players ever.

fyp

Return to Philadelphia 76ers