ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#101 » by donemilio21 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:40 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I also think he took forever and a day to mourn a family member but saying that is taboo so....

Whatever.

no that is a valid point that I had an issue with it too. I'm sure most people in this forum have lost close family members. We know how it is. We know how we have obligations while we mourn. He almost tried to stay away from the team as much as he could.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#102 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:06 pm

og15 wrote:Enes Kanter just as an example has survived in the league despite being a guy who a coach said "can't play Kanter" in the playoffs.

Kanter isn't a diva who brings drama to the locker room wherever he goes and sulks on Twitter whenever he's not getting the minutes he feels entitled to.

Kanter also at least gets rebounds, Trez can't even do that.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,083

Post#103 » by LamarWho » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:15 pm

Benedict is just a terrible fit for a defensive minded coach like Vogel. He's actually a great fit in Charlotte, him and LaMelo would have amazing chemistry. But he decided to hop on the Lebron train...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#104 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:49 pm

LamarWho wrote:Benedict is just a terrible fit for a defensive minded coach like Vogel. He's actually a great fit in Charlotte, him and LaMelo would have amazing chemistry. But he decided to hop on the Lebron train...

Lol at Benedict.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#105 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:48 am

There you go Trez. :naaa:
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#106 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:51 am

MartinRiggs wrote:There you go Trez. :naaa:

I don't get the hate. Trezz came to play EVERY NIGHT and lashed out at the laziness and sense of entitlement. He was 100% spot-on We just barely found our balls in GAME 7 after lolligagging through the first 6 games of this series with the exception of Kawhi and the kid T-Mann.

And Zubac, Trezz's supposed superior replacement was BENCHED too.

NOTHING here to smirk about on the court, and off the court Trezz's grandmother was more than just a "family member," she was EVERYTHING to him. And he still isn't right in the head. And with all their injury problems and ill-constructed roster, Vogel had no time to accommodate his limitations. [If possible.] Everyone on that Lakers team was on their own--including Kuzma, who they invested much more in and was just as crap.

The Clips were right to dump Trezz for Ibaka but nothing to cheer about here. Trezz was one of the best values [pay vs production] in Clippers history. We paid DJ 3x and 4x as much for less. Trezz walked away from here clean.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#107 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:02 am

He thinks he is better player then he really is. And did backstabing prick move by going to Lakers.

So him winning the title there would really hurt. But fortunately street clothes Davis got injured.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#108 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:36 pm

We still capin for Trezz in here?

Damn.
When folks have their favorites, they never let go.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#109 » by NickP » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:27 pm

esqtvd wrote:

I don't get the hate. Trezz came to play EVERY NIGHT and lashed out at the laziness and sense of entitlement. He was 100% spot-on We just barely found our balls in GAME 7 after lolligagging through the first 6 games of this series with the exception of Kawhi and the kid T-Mann.

NOTHING here to smirk about on the court, and off the court Trezz's grandmother was more than just a "family member," she was EVERYTHING to him. And he still isn't right in the head. And with all their injury problems and ill-constructed roster, Vogel had no time to accommodate his limitations. [If possible.] Everyone on that Lakers team was on their own--including Kuzma, who they invested much more in and was just as crap.

The Clips were right to dump Trezz for Ibaka but nothing to cheer about here. Trezz was one of the best values [pay vs production] in Clippers history. We paid DJ 3x and 4x as much for less. Trezz walked away from here clean.

I think much time has passed by and we're in a new season with a new coach, new players and in the second round of the playoffs.
Enough with this Trez or Lou or Doc bashing. They're gone. We just came out of a tough series with Dallas so let's celebrate that and talk about the series with Utah.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#110 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:41 pm

Well, let’s not get carried away. I said something like this in another thread—what Trezz does well is obvious, so I think his strengths get overestimated a little bit. But they’re still there, and he was terrific for us when he was here, right up to the playoffs last year. I’m truly sorry about his family loss and that it’s affected him so much—and nobody should be happy or snippy about that.

In the end, he was a “bridge” player for us—a high energy player who helped a mediocre team exceed expectations. But the mediocrity that made him valuable to that team meant that he was less valuable when the team improved, and showed up his weaknesses more. He’s a Grade B-/C+ Lou for me—glad he was here, appreciated his contributions. Saw his weaknesses come out and how they negatively impacted his team(s). Was not sorry to see him go—but still wish him well.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#111 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:48 pm

Trez was trashing the Clippers on social media when we were down 0-2. He's brought all the ridicule on himself for how things have gone since then - both with our series, and the Lakers' meltdown that he mostly watched from the bench.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#112 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:51 pm

esqtvd wrote:I don't get the hate. Trezz came to play EVERY NIGHT and lashed out at the laziness and sense of entitlement. He was 100% spot-on We just barely found our balls in GAME 7 after lolligagging through the first 6 games of this series with the exception of Kawhi and the kid T-Mann.

It's sad that you can't even be happy about winning a playoff series because it goes against your agendas. :noway:

Speaking of entitlement, Trez sulked during the Suns series about not getting the minutes he felt entitled to despite being a liability on defense and a bad playoff performer. He has zero room to talk.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#113 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm not mad at Trez anymore. I'm mad at Rich Paul & Klutch Sports for talking Trez out of generational wealth($80 million from Charlotte) for him and his family just to help Bron get a ring. No way that type of money gets put in the table again after getting benched & stacking up DNP's on the NBA's glamor team. You hate to see that
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 981

Post#114 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:20 pm

Clemenza wrote:I'm not mad at Trez anymore. I'm mad at Rich Paul & Klutch Sports for talking Trez out of generational wealth($80 million from Charlotte) for him and his family just to help Bron get a ring. No way that type of money gets put in the table again after getting benched & stacking up DNP's on the NBA's glamor team. You hate to see that

Trez can still sign there next year, if they are interested. I don't think Trez is useless as a defender. I think his coaches haven't forced him to develop that part of his game. Might be good for him to go to Atlanta or New York.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#115 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:26 pm

clipperlover wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I'm not mad at Trez anymore. I'm mad at Rich Paul & Klutch Sports for talking Trez out of generational wealth($80 million from Charlotte) for him and his family just to help Bron get a ring. No way that type of money gets put in the table again after getting benched & stacking up DNP's on the NBA's glamor team. You hate to see that

Trez can still sign there next year, if they are interested. I don't think Trez is useless as a defender. I think his coaches haven't forced him to develop that part of his game. Might be good for him to go to Atlanta or New York.

Yeah but the money won't be the same now that he's been 100% exposed as an undersized big who can't stretch the floor because he lacks an outside shot plus he's a defensive liability when he's on the floor. He had to strike and take that big money while it was on the table and still was seen as an asset, 6th Man Of The Year, and as a player with a high upside despite the bad showing in the bubble. Now his stock has really plummeted and probably will only be offered what, one-forth or one-fifth of that
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#116 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:16 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I think much time has passed by and we're in a new season with a new coach, new players and in the second round of the playoffs.
Enough with this Trez or Lou or Doc bashing. They're gone. We just came out of a tough series with Dallas so let's celebrate that and talk about the series with Utah.

Thank you. Trezz outplayed his contract and his talent here, something very few have done in Clippers history. I had no problem with moving on from him--especially taking the flyer instead on Ibaka--but I think Trezz was unfairly scapegoated. Neither do I take any joy in his continued struggle this year. The big irony is that Zubac was benched in the playoffs both in 2019 and now again in 2021 but gets away without being slimed. But that's how this blame game is played. ;-)

On to Utah. I still have hope Zubac still has more to give and that Ibaka will make it back. He's JUST the ticket to pull Gobert out of the paint and that alone could swing the series our way.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#117 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:22 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:We still capin for Trezz in here?

Damn.
When folks have their favorites, they never let go.

what's pathetic is kicking a dog when he's down

the day after a historic series win

spitting on graves :roll:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#118 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:what's pathetic is kicking a dog when he's down

Like Trez did on Twitter when the Clippers were down 0-2?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#119 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:21 pm

FTR all Trezz did was "like" this tweet and one can hardly blame him since he was scapegoated for last year's humiliation

Read on Twitter

the irony of course is that Zubac was benched THIS year but wasn't slimed for it--so it goes lol
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#120 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:24 pm

esqtvd wrote:FTR all Trezz did was "like" this tweet

Wrong.

Read on Twitter

and one can hardly blame him since he was scapegoated for last year's humiliation

We can blame him just fine because he was our worst player in the playoffs last year, he leaked a bunch of drama to the media to redirect the blame away from himself, and then he took less money to join the Lakers out of spite.

the irony of course is that Zubac was benched THIS year but wasn't slimed for it--so it goes lol

Zu was benched because he wasn't effective in this series - the exact thing Doc refused to do with Trez last year. And Zu has handled it with class.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers