ImageImageImageImageImage

Can we beat the Nets next year without making a major move?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Can we beat the Nets next year without making a major move? 

Post#1 » by Kuya » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:19 pm

They look like they may win this year and will be the heavy favorites next year.

We need to be aggressive this offseason.

Beating KD in the finals would be sweet satisfaction. Losing to him would be awful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Re: Can we beat the Nets next year without making a major move? 

Post#2 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:50 pm

If the Nets have all three of the stars healthy they will be a tough out for any team.

The Warriors can be as aggressive as they want to be but any move will ultimately hinge upon a star being available or a star telling their current team that they want to be traded to the Warriors. I don't think moves around the edges will be enough to launch the Warriors to the level of the Nets with Klay coming off of 2 years of injuries. I do think they can be an exciting playoff team tho.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:30 pm

If everyone is healthy on both sides -- it would be very tough for us. Warriors would need consistent role players who can score.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#4 » by ClutchUp » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:40 pm

Where we stack up against the rest of the western conference is far more important than worrying about Brooklyn.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#5 » by cpower » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:48 pm

make the playoffs first.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#6 » by Badly Browned » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:52 pm

Need to draft with like 2012 levels of immediate success.

And prolly need Draymond to discover how to score efficiently again to win in the Finals.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#7 » by Samurai » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:53 pm

Without a major move, no. That would be a huge challenge for anyone. But when we had Steph, KD, Klay and Dray, I don't think the Nets believed they could beat us then either!
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#8 » by Impuniti » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:10 pm

Without any other roster changes? No. Also big questions.
1. Is Draymond going to continue to be one of the worst shooters and scorers in the league?
2. What level of Klay is the team getting back?
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#9 » by Chupchup » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:23 pm

Probably not but getting to the Finals would be amazing. Regardless if we win or not.

With that being said, put the best team possible and go for it and hope for the best. I mean did anyone really think Toronto was going to beat us if we had a healthy team? So who knows if the Nets will stay healthy too.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#10 » by CS707 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:04 pm

The Nets aren't built for the long haul. Wouldn't shock me in the least if personality clashes and injuries derail them as early as next year. We absolutely need to nail the draft, get healthy, and maximize what little money we have to spend but no, I don't think we need to add a superstar to beat the Nets.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#11 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:57 pm

Define major.

Getting a starter? Getting a superstar? Getting an all-star? Letting Oubre walk?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#12 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:53 am

No. Seriously, no.

We either need a 3rd star (not counting Draymond, who is a star, but he does his own thing), or we need a wide array of complimentary vet role players and a deeper bench at least 7-8 deep).

Of course with injuries and unforeseen shifts anything can happen, but I think it's exceedingly unlikely right now. Moves need to be made.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#13 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:43 am

It's not about Curry, Klay, Wiggins, and Green ... we know fairly well what they are. Poole, Paschall, and Wiseman's development are absolutely key. The draft picks this year being home runs is essentially required. But what maybe matters more is who they get to fill out the roster and how they come together.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#14 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:03 am

Scoots1994 wrote:It's not about Curry, Klay, Wiggins, and Green ... we know fairly well what they are. Poole, Paschall, and Wiseman's development are absolutely key. The draft picks this year being home runs is essentially required. But what maybe matters more is who they get to fill out the roster and how they come together.

Are you willing to risk everything on all those things happening? Because that's a lot of things that have to go right, where not much can go wrong. The clock is ticking, it's unlikely they'll get another shot if they blow it this year.

Standing pat and not completely mucking up the draft picks probably does get you into the playoffs and maybe several rounds deep. But I don't think much more than that. If we're still in all or nothing mode, I don't think we're quite there and young guys are iffy at best. None of them have playoff experience.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#15 » by svart » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:10 am

no
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#16 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:49 am

Even if we managed to get Kawhi or Giannis I’m not sure we could beat them at full strength. Next year if they manage to sign Dwight they would be damn near unstoppable too. They have one of the greatest Big 3s ever along with Joe Harris, another amazing 3 point shooter.

The only way would be able to beat them without adding an established NBA superstar is if our pick miraculously ends up being #1 and we get Cade, the Minny pick ends up at # 4 and we get Jalen Green and both end up being Luka/Trae Young level talents, Wiseman becomes the guy we all hoped he was instead of the kid that got his dunk blown up by Kenyon Martin’s spawn, Jessup comes over and is a Joe Harris clone, and most importantly - Klay comes back and is just as good as he was 2 years ago. Even then it would be a 7 game series and could go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#17 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:04 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:Even if we managed to get Kawhi or Giannis I’m not sure we could beat them at full strength. Next year if they manage to sign Dwight they would be damn near unstoppable too. They have one of the greatest Big 3s ever along with Joe Harris, another amazing 3 point shooter.

The only way would be able to beat them without adding an established NBA superstar is if our pick miraculously ends up being #1 and we get Cade, the Minny pick ends up at # 4 and we get Jalen Green and both end up being Luka/Trae Young level talents, Wiseman becomes the guy we all hoped he was instead of the kid that got his dunk blown up by Kenyon Martin’s spawn, Jessup comes over and is a Joe Harris clone, and most importantly - Klay comes back and is just as good as he was 2 years ago. Even then it would be a 7 game series and could go either way.

I think KD, Irving and Harden getting season ending injuries is like 100 times more likely than this scenario :crazy:
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#18 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:55 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:Even if we managed to get Kawhi or Giannis I’m not sure we could beat them at full strength. Next year if they manage to sign Dwight they would be damn near unstoppable too. They have one of the greatest Big 3s ever along with Joe Harris, another amazing 3 point shooter.

I think KD, Irving and Harden getting season ending injuries is like 100 times more likely than this scenario :crazy:

Lol it took me almost an hour of hitting the refresh button on tankathon to get the #1 and #4 pick. I just wanted to see if it was possible

lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#19 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:57 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:

Lol it took me almost an hour of hitting the refresh button on tankathon to get the #1 and #4 pick. I just wanted to see if it was possible

Lol, I'm sorry for you ahah.
If it happens I'm going crazy.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#20 » by superunknown » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:39 pm

NO

Return to Golden State Warriors