nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLI 

Post#61 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:19 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Westbrook to the Knicks for picks 19&21. The Knicks are going to be in the market for a PG. Westbrook brings all kinds of attention. They have plenty of cap space.

19&21 could be used to take Jared Butler and Chris Duarte.

I'd do that for just the #21 pick.

I'd then look into some type of S&T deal with New Orleans to get Lonzo Ball, who appears to be about the only half-decent young PG available this summer.

Kris Dunn is also a good option. Not sure if you consider him “young” though.

Dunn might be a guy worth picking up for the vet minimum, but I think of him as a backup PG at best. He can't shoot and he's not a playmaker. He's strictly a defender. Is he really better than a guy like Gary Payton II?

If we dump Westbrook, we're going to need someone better than that to play PG.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,222

Post#62 » by NatP4 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:28 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'd do that for just the #21 pick.

I'd then look into some type of S&T deal with New Orleans to get Lonzo Ball, who appears to be about the only half-decent young PG available this summer.

Dunn might be a guy worth picking up for the vet minimum, but I think of him as a backup PG at best. He can't shoot and he's not a playmaker. He's strictly a defender. Is he really better than a guy like Gary Payton II?

Yeah he’s more of a backup for the minimum, not as good as Lonzo. I think Lonzo is an outstanding player, but Dunn actually turned a big corner in 2019-2020, he’s still been getting better offensively to go along with elite defense. I like him.

You could really get by with a quality rookie guard like Jared Butler+Kris Dunn and someone else like Neto mixed in.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#63 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:00 pm

I doubt we trade westbrook and low as his lows are he still has that MVP gear to go into. If we do I think the best option is to go full tilt for Lonzo ball!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#64 » by Frichuela » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:06 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I doubt we trade westbrook and low as his lows are he still has that MVP gear to go into. If we do I think the best option is to go full tilt for Lonzo ball!

I'm afraid Teddy is not going to trade Westbrook because of box office reasons...

The key is Beal. I hope they agree with him on an extension this summer. It would be reckless to go into next season with him being able to opt out and losing him for nothing!
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#65 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:20 pm

I would like to trade westbrook. Imo you should. He's proven he's still got something and he still has at least nurtal value.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#66 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:57 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I would like to trade westbrook. Imo you should. He's proven he's still got something and he still has at least nurtal value.

I just don't know if there's any significant market for him considering he's making upwards of 44 and 47 mil the next 2 season while being an absurdly high usage player who probably can't/won't adjust to playing differently.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#67 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:12 pm

I understand that but I wouldn't be surprised it a team with cap room aka the NYK or a team like the clippers offered something for him

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,765

Post#68 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:29 pm

Let me be one to say, KP's contract is horrendous.

However, KP for Hutchinson, Bryant, and Bertans works in the trade checker. I think we're being a bit unfair with KP. Luka's career usage rate is 36%. In the playoffs it was 40%. That is absolutely insane, everyone else is literally just ball watching so yeah, I kinda see where he's coming from where he doesn't really know where to fit because Luka, while a generational player, is soaking up 40% of the teams usage.

I think the trade I offered above is fair. If Bertans is having an off night, he doesn't contribute anywhere else. We're worse off defensively when he's playing. Bryant is a luxury at this point. With the emergency of Gafford, you can play Rui at the 4 or 5, and you can always bring back Lopez or Len (especially at the minimum) to clean up some backup minutes. No point is paying someone $8 mil as a backup.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:38 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Let me be one to say, KP's contract is horrendous.

However, KP for Hutchinson, Bryant, and Bertans works in the trade checker. I think we're being a bit unfair with KP. Luka's career usage rate is 36%. In the playoffs it was 40%. That is absolutely insane, everyone else is literally just ball watching so yeah, I kinda see where he's coming from where he doesn't really know where to fit because Luka, while a generational player, is soaking up 40% of the teams usage.

I think the trade I offered above is fair. If Bertans is having an off night, he doesn't contribute anywhere else. We're worse off defensively when he's playing. Bryant is a luxury at this point. With the emergency of Gafford, you can play Rui at the 4 or 5, and you can always bring back Lopez or Len (especially at the minimum) to clean up some backup minutes. No point is paying someone $8 mil as a backup.

I know Dallas has played Porz with Boban, but I don't see Porz being an effective PF on defense any more than Bryant would be. He's a good athlete for a 7'3 guy, but he's still a 7'3 guy who doesn't have particularly quick feet for an NBA player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#70 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#71 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I know Dallas has played Porz with Boban, but I don't see Porz being an effective PF on defense any more than Bryant would be. He's a good athlete for a 7'3 guy, but he's still a 7'3 guy who doesn't have particularly quick feet for an NBA player.

I'm just trying to figure out when did KP turn into a scrub? His contract is awful, but the media were ready to ride Paul off into the sunset because he was older and his contract was terrible. Now there's a report out there that at 36, he might get a 3 year/$100 million deal.

KP is 25 years old, he's 2 years older than Thomas Bryant. Let me just say again, the contract is terrible, but if all you're giving up is essentially Thomas Bryant for Kristaps Porzingis, you wouldn't do it? Would you want to be the GM who pays Thomas Bryant $16 million a year when Gafford is making what...$5 million over the next two?
NiteOwl
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#72 » by NiteOwl » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:06 pm

I am not interested in rolling the dice on KP. However, I do like the idea of sending Bertans to Dallas. What kind of a deal could be made around Josh Richardson and his $11m expiring contract? He got next to no run in the playoffs and I have always viewed him as a great glue guy. What would the Wiz have to add to a Bertans to get off his contract and get Richardson back? Other than KP, Dwight Powell is the only negative value contract. Trade checker says: Richardson/Powell for Bertans/Ish works? Thoughts?
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#73 » by mhd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:15 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out when did KP turn into a scrub? His contract is awful, but the media were ready to ride Paul off into the sunset because he was older and his contract was terrible. Now there's a report out there that at 36, he might get a 3 year/$100 million deal.

KP is 25 years old, he's 2 years older than Thomas Bryant. Let me just say again, the contract is terrible, but if all you're giving up is essentially Thomas Bryant for Kristaps Porzingis, you wouldn't do it? Would you want to be the GM who pays Thomas Bryant $16 million a year when Gafford is making what...$5 million over the next two?

I think this is Bryant's last year anyways. Gafford has surpassed him and we'll need to choose one center to resign. Gafford's rim-running, lateral ability, and shot-blocking will get him an extension. He's also a passable FT shooter. We're not wasting 10+ million on extending Bryant when you can get cheap backup centers like Len for the minimum every year.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#74 » by mhd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:16 pm

NiteOwl wrote:I am not interested in rolling the dice on KP. However, I do like the idea of sending Bertans to Dallas. What kind of a deal could be made around Josh Richardson and his $11m expiring contract? He got next to no run in the playoffs and I have always viewed him as a great glue guy. What would the Wiz have to add to a Bertans to get off his contract and get Richardson back? Other than KP, Dwight Powell is the only negative value contract. Trade checker says: Richardson/Powell for Bertans/Ish works? Thoughts?

Ish is a FA. Mavs have a cheaper version of Bertans in Kleiber (better defender, but not as an elite 3-point shooter).
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#75 » by Dat2U » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:16 pm

NiteOwl wrote:I am not interested in rolling the dice on KP. However, I do like the idea of sending Bertans to Dallas. What kind of a deal could be made around Josh Richardson and his $11m expiring contract? He got next to no run in the playoffs and I have always viewed him as a great glue guy. What would the Wiz have to add to a Bertans to get off his contract and get Richardson back? Other than KP, Dwight Powell is the only negative value contract. Trade checker says: Richardson/Powell for Bertans/Ish works? Thoughts?

Avoid adding anyone that cannot shoot 3s above 33%. Especially a wing. Look at what he did in the post season. Worthless.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#76 » by Dat2U » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I would like to trade westbrook. Imo you should. He's proven he's still got something and he still has at least nurtal value.

I just don't know if there's any significant market for him considering he's making upwards of 44 and 47 mil the next 2 season while being an absurdly high usage player who probably can't/won't adjust to playing differently.

My guess is the Clips if they fall short and the Knicks. The Knicks gave Elf Payton a ton of minutes this year. Westbrook is a clear and pronounced upgrade over that.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#77 » by Dat2U » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:20 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Yeah he’s more of a backup for the minimum, not as good as Lonzo. I think Lonzo is an outstanding player, but Dunn actually turned a big corner in 2019-2020, he’s still been getting better offensively to go along with elite defense. I like him.

You could really get by with a quality rookie guard like Jared Butler+Kris Dunn and someone else like Neto mixed in.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record on this I'd avoid adding any non-shooters, especially on the perimeter. Not with this current roster, we already got enough guys that are shaky from 3.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:23 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Say what?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I know Dallas has played Porz with Boban, but I don't see Porz being an effective PF on defense any more than Bryant would be. He's a good athlete for a 7'3 guy, but he's still a 7'3 guy who doesn't have particularly quick feet for an NBA player.

Say what?

I think Bryant is going to get paid on his next contract. It may not be $16 million a year, but he's going to get at least $10 million, if not more.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:42 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

Say what?

I think Bryant is going to get paid on his next contract. It may not be $16 million a year, but he's going to get at least $10 million, if not more.

It's possible, but he'd probably have to play better than Porzingis has ever played in order to get a contract like that.

Return to Washington Wizards