ImageImageImageImageImage

Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#101 » by rrdjutriurt » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:43 am

No. Proves how undervalued our guys are. True value would be OG alone for Ingram because we would lose a great deal of defence in that trade alone. I like our current center rotation and we should just roll with Gillespie and Birch.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#102 » by pingpongrac » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:52 am

OG for Ingram alone is almost a fair swap when taking into account both sides of the ball. Giving up a good player/high-value contract in Boucher for an extremely overpaid Adams while also forfeiting a top 10 pick this year and another 1st round pick in 2023 is overkill. Might be one of the worst trade proposals I've seen lol.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,253

Post#103 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:29 pm

Yeah I'm with everyone else, no way am I including picks. I'd love to have Ingram on the team. If our pick didn't get info the top 4 I'd be willing to package it with a re-signed Trent, Flynn and our 2nds or something. I know they'd likely turn that down but if there's anyone I'd like to keep at all costs it's OG. I'd gladly give them Pascal plus our 2nds or future protected 1st.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,138

Post#104 » by gp2015 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:51 pm

everdiso wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
everdiso wrote:
False.

Except for Trae.

Of course you would say that.

Anyways, I guess the Hawks should have just traded away Trae, since it's absolutely a waste of time tryng to build around him.

The Warriors should have traded Curry a long time ago since they've had to hide him on defense all these years.

Yes of course I would say that.

Dbpm Career

Harden +0.9
Doncic +0.6
Curry +0.3
Ingram -0.9
Trae -2.3

Sure, let's just use your stat then:

Dbpm Career:

Booker -1.8
Mitchell (last 2 years: -0.6, -0.6), career -0.1
Murray -1.1
Morant -1.6

According to you, all those guys should be traded, no point in building around any of these guys and there's absolutely no chance that they can get better right? No way to find any complementary players.

But oh wait, didn't the Suns and Booker and the Jazz and Mitchell and Murray and the Nuggets just finish with three of the top records in the entire NBA?

The Jazz, Suns and Nuggets are idiots to keep those guys. Waste of time.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#105 » by WeThe2019Champs » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:55 pm

Garbage Trade. We should receive picks instead of sending out picks.
No More Tanking!
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#106 » by Oakvillehoops » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:26 pm

Would rather send our pick if it lands high enough, plus maybe Flynn and the salary. Ingram with OG is nice, Ingram without OG is pretty lateral. Especially since OG is the type of dude who would always stay in Toronto as long as we pay him.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#107 » by everdiso » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:29 pm

gp2015 wrote:
everdiso wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
Of course you would say that.

Anyways, I guess the Hawks should have just traded away Trae, since it's absolutely a waste of time tryng to build around him.

The Warriors should have traded Curry a long time ago since they've had to hide him on defense all these years.

Dbpm Career

Harden +0.9
Doncic +0.6
Curry +0.3
Ingram -0.9
Trae -2.3

Dbpm Career:

Booker -1.8
Murray -1.1
Morant -1.6

According to you, all those guys should be traded, no point in building around any of these guys and there's absolutely no chance that they can get better right? No way to find any complementary players.

But oh wait, didn't the Suns and Booker and the Jazz and Mitchell and Murray and the Nuggets just finish with three of the top records in the entire NBA?

Yes, exactly, there's no point in building around any of them unless they are young enough to realistically hope for defensive improvement.

you ever wonder why the Nugs were just fine after Murray's injury?
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#108 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:43 pm

Ingram is a flawed player, defensively weak and won't improve there. There are better options in trade market.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,600

Post#109 » by Ackshun » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:54 pm

Lakers fan were gushing at defensive potential. I wonder what happened? Maybe being asked to lead offensively was too much for him. Maybe it's because they aren't a very good team.

I wonder if it would improve under NN.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,595

Post#110 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:59 pm

OG to me is untouchable. So many playoff games this year I think, wow if that team x had OG to lock up player Y, they'd be hard to beat.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#111 » by gp2015 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:06 pm

everdiso wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
everdiso wrote:

Dbpm Career

Harden +0.9
Doncic +0.6
Curry +0.3
Ingram -0.9
Trae -2.3

Dbpm Career:

Booker -1.8
Murray -1.1
Morant -1.6

Yes, exactly, there's no point in building around any of them unless they are young enough to realistically hope for defensive improvement.

you ever wonder why the Nugs were just fine after Murray's injury?

Wait, so Booker, Mitchell, Murray are young enough to hope for defensive improvement and Ingram isn't? Last time I checked, he's 23 and Booker, Murray and Mitchell are all 24. It's convenient how you can make things up as you go along.

The Nuggets aren't fine. They were considered title contenders before Murray's injury and now they barely made it past the first round and most likely won't make it past the second round.

Jokic and Murray need each other to contend.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
gp2015
RealGM

Post#112 » by gp2015 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:27 pm

Ackshun wrote:Lakers fan were gushing at defensive potential. I wonder what happened? Maybe being asked to lead offensively was too much for him. Maybe it's because they aren't a very good team.

I wonder if it would improve under NN.

Realitsitcally, he's not any worse than a lot of the younger players that are asked to be the primary scorers on their team - Murray/Booker/Mitchell/Trae/Morant. The Pelicans are a very young team and need some solid veterans to surround him with.

He's still young, which means he can still get better and you can put some complementary players around them, just like Suns, Jazz, Nuggets do.

I woudn't trade OG for him but I would consider Pascal.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#113 » by Young_Buc » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:01 pm

I'd trade Pascal and Boucher for Ingram, Adams and THEIR pick so I wouldn't feel so nervous about taking a project/potential bust

Adams/Birch/Gillespe
Ingram/Barnes (#7)
OG/Harris/FA
GTJ/Mitchell (#10)
FVV/Flynn
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#114 » by alpngso » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:09 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:OG to me is untouchable. So many playoff games this year I think, wow if that team x had OG to lock up player Y, they'd be hard to beat.

so you wouldnt trade OG for Luka? Nobody on the Raps should be untouchable
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#115 » by Dalek » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:16 pm

This deal can't happen until much later. OG signed an extension so he is a poison pill provision which makes him near untradeable until after June 29. At that point you could not include Adams because the numbers would be off. Maybe a Rodney Hood and OG plus two picks would work for Ingram - maybe see if Jaxson Hayes and NAW can be included.

Ingram is a top scorer in the game, but he would be a weird fit with Siakam at first glance, unless we get Siakam to play close to the basket again. Also, the 2021 would have to be outside the top four to even consider this.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#116 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:23 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Yeah I'm with everyone else, no way am I including picks. I'd love to have Ingram on the team. If our pick didn't get info the top 4 I'd be willing to package it with a re-signed Trent, Flynn and our 2nds or something. I know they'd likely turn that down but if there's anyone I'd like to keep at all costs it's OG. I'd gladly give them Pascal plus our 2nds or future protected 1st.

Since Masai turned down deals for Lowry, who could very well leave for nothing, shows he knows the value of our players. If, as you say, our pick is in the top 4, then the pick, plus Gary, plus the 2 seconds should be enough. We need not add Flynn to that.

Why do all these trades look like we are having a fire sale? We are not. We are only trying to decide if we are keeping Kyle or not. We are not having a fire sale.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#117 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:31 pm

alpngso wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:OG to me is untouchable. So many playoff games this year I think, wow if that team x had OG to lock up player Y, they'd be hard to beat.

Luka is not being traded.

For what teams are willing to offer for OG, there is no way I'm trading him.

When teams come to us asking for one of our prime pieces it is they who should overpay, not us. These Bleacher and other sources seem to think we're a farm club for other teams to pilfer.

What if media, affiliated with the Raptors, put out a rumour that the Raptors are targeting Luka and are offering a package of OG, Boucher, and Baynes, for Luka, their 1st round pick, and filler?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#118 » by alpngso » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:43 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
alpngso wrote:

Luka is not being traded.

For what teams are willing to offer for OG, there is no way I'm trading him.

When teams come to us asking for one of our prime pieces it is they who should overpay, not us. These Bleacher and other sources seem to think we're a farm club for other teams to pilfer.

What if media, affiliated with the Raptors, put out a rumour that the Raptors are targeting Luka and are offering a package of OG, Boucher, and Baynes, for Luka, their 1st round pick, and filler?

These clutchpoints BR rumor crap doesn't drive anything in terms of trade negotiation so you probably don't nee to pay attention except for fun.

If we can get Top 10 player by using OG as the main chip Raps should definitely do it, so yes nobody on the Raps should be untouchable.
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,392

Post#119 » by Darkseid » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Ingram makes too much money which he's not worth.

OG on the other hand is properly paid.

So let's keep him.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,595

Post#120 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:43 pm

alpngso wrote:

I was being real. Yes Luka, 5-7 or so other top superstar players. Not for some package that may or may not move the needle.

There's a reason Masai wouldn't budge on OG (or Pascal) in the Kawhi deal.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors