ImageImageImage

Trade Brown for who Poll?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Trade Brown for :

Bradley Beal
14%
Dame Lillard
23%
A Sabonis
5%
K.A.T
14%
Donovan Mitchell
8%
No keep Brown
33%
*Other - explain
4%

Total votes: 242

threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Re: Trade Brown for who Poll? 

Post#101 » by threrf23 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:37 pm

cloverleaf wrote:4 years for an over-30 small PG for up over $50M/year?

Maybe I don't mind the C's being 6th in the odds with the Lillard sweeps.
Maybe I focus more on that beefy, 2-way big who can stretch the floor. (I'm wary of trading 2 yeras of Kemba for 3 years for Porzi if he can't really defend anymore.)
Have a utilitarian vet PG starter. (Or if Smart again, at least a quick defensive PG defender in reserve).

But, that 2-way big wants to play with Dame.

As does Tatum. As does Beal. As does Jaylen. As does most of the league.

Dame is good man. He is about to turn 31, but PGs seem to last longer than wings knee-wise, and what not.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#102 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:09 pm

The idea is to find a legit stud to play WITH Tatum/Brown. If Stevens (wow that feels weird to say) can somehow score Beal, Lillard or one of those type players without giving up Tatum/Brown then he earns instant street cred as DA's replacement. Who cares about draft picks if you have a BIG 3. They will all be late picks anyway.
At the end of the day, if you don't win now, you're gonna lose Tatum/Brown. Move Kemba/Smart/whatever picks....1 or 2 of the young guys and go out and that that stud player.
Need to beat BK. BK is winning the title IMO. They have a few more years of being really good too....
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#103 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:16 pm

ddb wrote:The idea is to find a legit stud to play WITH Tatum/Brown. If Stevens (wow that feels weird to say) can somehow score Beal, Lillard or one of those type players without giving up Tatum/Brown then he earns instant street cred as DA's replacement. Who cares about draft picks if you have a BIG 3. They will all be late picks anyway.
At the end of the day, if you don't win now, you're gonna lose Tatum/Brown. Move Kemba/Smart/whatever picks....1 or 2 of the young guys and go out and that that stud player.
Need to beat BK. BK is winning the title IMO. They have a few more years of being really good too....

IMO Beal, Brown and Tatum is a completely unbalanced roster.

You need more diversity of talent to make the star pieces fit. (Plus I don't see how you get Beal without losing Brown, at least.)
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#104 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:19 pm

threrf23 wrote:

Maybe I focus more on that beefy, 2-way big who can stretch the floor. (I'm wary of trading 2 yeras of Kemba for 3 years for Porzi if he can't really defend anymore.)
Have a utilitarian vet PG starter. (Or if Smart again, at least a quick defensive PG defender in reserve).

But, that 2-way big wants to play with Dame.

As does Tatum. As does Beal. As does Jaylen. As does most of the league.

Dame is good man. He is about to turn 31, but PGs seem to last longer than wings knee-wise, and what not.

If that's the case with JT and KAT (the other two pieces of my original new Big 3) and the C's somehow have the assets to swing it, that's probably what you've got to do. But Tatum and Brown aren't both playing with Dame, because it'll cost at least Brown to get him, however you try to swing it. The C's can't begin to make a competitive offer otherwise.

If KAT is too costly, maybe you make do with Porzi, but I just don't know whether he's going to have the athleticism to defend sufficiently again. And if that's the case, IMO he's a bad investment.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#105 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:21 pm

Hal14 wrote:

Don't forget, an average at best defender..

Good reminder--and officially a league senior citizen at that now, too!
ddb
RealGM

Post#106 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:37 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:The idea is to find a legit stud to play WITH Tatum/Brown. If Stevens (wow that feels weird to say) can somehow score Beal, Lillard or one of those type players without giving up Tatum/Brown then he earns instant street cred as DA's replacement. Who cares about draft picks if you have a BIG 3. They will all be late picks anyway.

You need more diversity of talent to make the star pieces fit. (Plus I don't see how you get Beal without losing Brown, at least.)

you put really, really good players together and they will figure it out. I don't care if it's unbalanced if they win 60 games
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#107 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:40 pm

ddb wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

you put really, really good players together and they will figure it out. I don't care if it's unbalanced if they win 60 games

The Jays couldn't manage it--let alone adding in Beal.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,795

Post#108 » by 31to6 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:00 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I agree that three ball-dominant wings isn't a good plan. Kemba coming in here was *almost* as 'good' as Beal and now we can't wait to get rid of him.

Harden's PG skills makes BRK situation different. None of the guys we have or are talking about have anything close to 'lead-the-league-in-assists' capability.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ddb
RealGM

Post#109 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:10 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

The J's have been to multiple Eastern Conference Finals...They can manage it. The problem with this years roster is that it was incredibly thin & young off the bench. Not to mention a lot of games missed due to injury & safety protocols. Ainge failed them this year.
Stevens needs to find a 3rd star. Also find a couple veteran role players. The younger guys will be a year older and more experienced as well. I think Romeo/Nesmith/Pritchard/Timelord are all ready to contribute more.
ddb
RealGM

Post#110 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:12 pm

31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:

I agree that three ball-dominant wings isn't a good plan. Kemba coming in here was *almost* as 'good' as Beal and now we can't wait to get rid of him.

Harden's PG skills makes BRK situation different. None of the guys we have or are talking about have anything close to 'lead-the-league-in-assists' capability.

Nobody is saying just throw Beal/Brown/Tatum together and that's that. Clearly, they would need supporting players around them and out of those supporting players they would need a couple guys that can really facilitate and make those hockey assist type plays....no question
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#111 » by Who-rod » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:19 pm

ddb wrote:
31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Nobody is saying just throw Beal/Brown/Tatum together and that's that. Clearly, they would need supporting players around them and out of those supporting players they would need a couple guys that can really facilitate and make those hockey assist type plays....no question

If we're looking to add a talented piece to Tatum and Brown that makes them better and fills a need, my focus would be on Sabonis. Size, rebounding, PASSING, he's extending his range, and young. I don't know that we have nearly enough to entice them into a deal without including JB, but he's a piece I'd very seriously explore.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#112 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:35 pm

31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:

Agreed. Plus those 3 are all made NBA stars. So far in the playoffs, only KG has higher than a 25% usage rate. The Jays would be like Cinderella's jealous stepsisters if Beal came here and took that lead shooting role.
31to6
RealGM

Post#113 » by 31to6 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:56 pm

ddb wrote:
31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

1. I don't think we have the assets to add Beal to the Jays.
2. If we did somehow pull it off, our cupboard would be pretty barren, so I don't know where those 'supporting players' around them would come from -- Semi, Carsen, see if we can bring back Teague?
3. My main point on this is that Tatum plus Jaylen plus Beal is going to equal less than the sum of its parts. They won't make each other better. They will detract from each other, as JB and JT's rises have detracted from Kemba (also, injuries with Kemba, no doubt). If we managed to put that trio together I can guarantee most posters here would be disappointed/undewhelmed with how it turned out ("why aren't these guys making each other better?").
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,226

Post#114 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Keep this Tag team. And Add a 3rd to them.
Get rid of Kemba, and largely let the Core, and Sub-core mature.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#115 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:38 pm

If Sixers get bounced by the Hawks, what about Brown for Simmons
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
31to6
RealGM

Post#116 » by 31to6 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:47 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:If Sixers get bounced by the Hawks, what about Brown for Simmons

Simmons is on my “never ever” list, even though I somewhat like him as a player.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#117 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:52 pm

Who-rod wrote:
ddb wrote:
31to6 wrote:

If we're looking to add a talented piece to Tatum and Brown that makes them better and fills a need, my focus would be on Sabonis. Size, rebounding, PASSING, he's extending his range, and young. I don't know that we have nearly enough to entice them into a deal without including JB, but he's a piece I'd very seriously explore.

I know--we don't.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#118 » by captain green » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:55 pm

:crazy: trade your self to a different fan base if you don't like brown. Only if it's luka greek freak or embiid I'm a super fan of Lillard but I don't want to have another older guard problem at the risk of losing brown.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
ddb
RealGM

Post#119 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:15 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:If Sixers get bounced by the Hawks, what about Brown for Simmons

Not sure Philly is dealing with Boston. also I'd probably prefer to keep Jaylen
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,057

Post#120 » by Johnny Tomala » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:17 pm

I would trade Brown for a lot of players but number first on my list is Towns.

Return to Boston Celtics