ImageImageImage

Trade Brown for who Poll?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Trade Brown for :

Bradley Beal
14%
Dame Lillard
23%
A Sabonis
5%
K.A.T
14%
Donovan Mitchell
8%
No keep Brown
33%
*Other - explain
4%

Total votes: 242

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Trade Brown for who Poll? 

Post#121 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:21 pm

Could expand a Dame deal and do something along the lines of Kemba/Smart/Brown/Picks for Dame/CJ/Cov

Dame-CJ-Tatum-Cov-Williams.........Dame/CJ finally get the superstar F they always needed but never got. Cov gives them the gritty 3/D wing and then they have the vertical threat in Timelord.

I could be talked into that for sure.
Stan34
Senior
And1: 435

Post#122 » by Stan34 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:42 pm

Hope Jaylen stay for three more years and then leave. So the Celtics loose him for nothing. This fan base dont deserve him.

Inviato dal mio moto g(7) plus utilizzando Tapatalk
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#123 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:46 pm

Stan34 wrote:Hope Jaylen stay for three more years and then leave. So the Celtics loose him for nothing. This fan base dont deserve him.

Because people are willing to trade him for superstars/better players?
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#124 » by ddb » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:53 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Stan34 wrote:Hope Jaylen stay for three more years and then leave. So the Celtics loose him for nothing. This fan base dont deserve him.

It’s the same people that didn’t want to trade Al Jefferson in a deal for KG
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#125 » by wetsthebed » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:03 pm

I love Jaylen Brown, but if you can get Lillard you just do it. Raptors trade for Kawhi - win a championship, Lakers trade for AD - win a championship, Nets trade for Harden - favored to win a championship. You straight up need top tier talent to be a championship level team in this league. If Lillard becomes available for any price below Jayson Tatum, you go get him. We're no longer in a position where we have a ton of assets to add talent. Outside of Tatum and Brown, our most valuable pieces are Smart and Williams (who don't get you an all-star in a trade.) If we have to trade Jaylen Brown to pair Tatum with another top 10-15 player, then so be it. Not to mention, Lillard is one of the most liked players in the NBA. Guys will want to play with him when he's in a big market like Boston.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#126 » by captain green » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:04 pm

ddb wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

It’s the same people that didn’t want to trade Al Jefferson in a deal for KG

Nope kg team all the way but on this list only one superstar dame so.. and he is a guard that's 30 and going to call for more money and more than just brown in a trade that's the risk I'm not taking if that isn't reason enough for you ok fine but don't lump people into a statement like it's the al Jefferson people. In fact I can't recall many al over kg people add all
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#127 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:10 pm

wetsthebed wrote:I love Jaylen Brown, but if you can get Lillard you just do it. Raptors trade for Kawhi - win a championship, Lakers trade for AD - win a championship, Nets trade for Harden - favored to win a championship. You straight up need top tier talent to be a championship level team in this league. If Lillard becomes available for any price below Jayson Tatum, you go get him. We're no longer in a position where we have a ton of assets to add talent. Outside of Tatum and Brown, our most valuable pieces are Smart and Williams (who don't get you an all-star in a trade.) If we have to trade Jaylen Brown to pair Tatum with another top 10-15 player, then so be it. Not to mention, Lillard is one of the most liked players in the NBA. Guys will want to play with him when he's in a big market like Boston.

captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#128 » by captain green » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:34 pm

If guys liked dame as much as the poster above said why didn't guys go to Portland? Dame is a bad ass no doubt about it but brown kemba and picks won't be enough so then throw in smart and or timelord four starters and our future picks? Pfft that's a big over pay for him and then we'd have a starting lineup of dame langford nesmith tatum Thompson that starting lineup would suck to high heaven and then no bench although we have no bench now so at least that's a rub. I just don't see it but I won't be mad getting my second favorite in the league but it wouldn't change the needle imo
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#129 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:29 pm

captain green wrote:If guys liked dame as much as the poster above said why didn't guys go to Portland? Dame is a bad ass no doubt about it but brown kemba and picks won't be enough so then throw in smart and or timelord four starters and our future picks? Pfft that's a big over pay for him and then we'd have a starting lineup of dame langford nesmith tatum Thompson that starting lineup would suck to high heaven and then no bench although we have no bench now so at least that's a rub. I just don't see it but I won't be mad getting my second favorite in the league but it wouldn't change the needle imo

It wouldn’t take all that lol. It’d be something like Jaylen/Rob or Smart/Romeo or Nesmith/2 or 3 picks and a swap or something. Then Kemba in another move, like KP or something.

Lillard
Smart
Nesmith/Romeo
Tatum
Porzingis
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#130 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:31 pm

Brown isn’t promised to be a Celtics past the next 3 years- it’s no guarantee he re-signs here. If your banking on the next 3 years I’ll gladly take dame over jb.

Furthermore and unfortunately for brown and the Celtics the only way we make a big move that can get us to the next level is moving jb. Outside of signing beal via free agency, which while should be the goal isn’t an easy task creating the space nor a guarantee he signs here.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#131 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:33 pm

That said Billups will be hired- and the dame chatter will stop. They won’t move him/he won’t ask out
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#132 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:34 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:That said Billups will be hired- and the dame chatter will stop. They won’t move him/he won’t ask out

I don’t know honestly, his issue may be more the roster than the coach.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#133 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:34 pm

The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:That said Billups will be hired- and the dame chatter will stop. They won’t move him/he won’t ask out

Good thing free agency starts after the olympics then :wink:
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#134 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:36 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Good thing free agency starts after the olympics then :wink:

Tatum going to be all up on that recruiting ****
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by captain green » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:38 pm

The Comedian wrote:
captain green wrote:If guys liked dame as much as the poster above said why didn't guys go to Portland? Dame is a bad ass no doubt about it but brown kemba and picks won't be enough so then throw in smart and or timelord four starters and our future picks? Pfft that's a big over pay for him and then we'd have a starting lineup of dame langford nesmith tatum Thompson that starting lineup would suck to high heaven and then no bench although we have no bench now so at least that's a rub. I just don't see it but I won't be mad getting my second favorite in the league but it wouldn't change the needle imo

It wouldn’t take all that lol. It’d be something like Jaylen/Rob or Smart/Romeo or Nesmith/2 or 3 picks and a swap or something. Then Kemba in another move, like KP or something.

Lillard
Smart
Nesmith/Romeo
Tatum
Porzingis

Lineup isn't terrible but it certainly looks expensive outside nesmith and romeo. But I'd still say they will ask for smart and brown and timelord. Kp is trending downward and dame is getting older, smart is going to get a raise too. Will see
nic4747
Pro Prospect
And1: 523

Post#136 » by nic4747 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:20 am

The only guy on that list I would trade for is Dame for the following reasons:

- He's a top 10 player
- Point guards generally age pretty well
- He doesn't have much of an injury history
- He's very clutch, something this team desperately needs
- He has playoff experience
- He would be a good veterans presence on the team and a good mentor to Tatum. Basically what Kemba was supposed to be, but Kemba was a fake veteran since he can't even figure himself out much less mentor others.

Once we have two top ten players on the team, it will be easier to attract other players and get whatever we need to get to complete the team (interior defense, etc.)
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#137 » by 1st banana » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:21 am

rd26 wrote:So 71% want JB out here....

YIKES, not sure even Kemba or Grant could top that.

I promise you both kemba and grant easily top 71%.
Stan34
Senior
And1: 435

Post#138 » by Stan34 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:00 am

The Comedian wrote:

No, because every **** week for the three past year there Is a reason to trade Brown. Every month there is a ceiling to put on this guy.
Enjoy players you have.
Same people that want to trade him for PG13 or saying that Chris Middleton is better and other 30/40 players. You Watch playoff games? Have you seen how those players people like perform in PS?
Someone tell me when Jaylen had a worst PS than RS.
You and other tend to overvalue players from other teams because you always see only the streight.
There is no reason in the world to trade Jaylen for Beal, because of Age, salary and because Beal and Tatum dont make you a Championship squad. And because at the age of 28 Jaylen will be better than beal. Book it.
Celtics are not trading Jaylen but have fin with it...

Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#139 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:28 pm

Stan34 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

No, because every **** week for the three past year there Is a reason to trade Brown. Every month there is a ceiling to put on this guy.
Enjoy players you have.
Same people that want to trade him for PG13 or saying that Chris Middleton is better and other 30/40 players. You Watch playoff games? Have you seen how those players people like perform in PS?
You and other tend to overvalue players from other teams because you always see only the streight.
There is no reason in the world to trade Jaylen for Beal, because of Age, salary and because Beal and Tatum dont make you a Championship squad. And because at the age of 28 Jaylen will be better than beal. Book it.

I think Celtics fans tend to overrate our own players more than we overvalue players from other teams.

But you’re very passionate about Jaylen, I get it.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#140 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:32 pm

Stan34 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Enjoy players you have.

Ok “Stan”

Return to Boston Celtics