ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks point guard options in offseason

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

What the Knicks should do this summer?

sign Lonzo on a multi-year deal
41%
trade our youth an picks for Lillard or other superstar PG
22%
sign Lowry/Conley probably on 1+1 contract (player option)
32%
sign Schroder (3/45
5%

Total votes: 147

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Re: Knicks point guard options in offseason 

Post#561 » by cgf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:45 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:And Knicks fans who said no to dame will do backflip and yell Knicks are back lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself. I don't want dame unless we sign Kawhi first, and I'd be disappointed by CJ & Russ.
So you just don't want to improve unless instant contender happens lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I don't want to waste our opportunity to improve on old guys who we won't be able to win a ring with. Throwing all of our assets at Dame leads us into a dead-end.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,602

Post#562 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:54 pm

Was on Reddit reading about what Pelicans fans think of Lonzo’s playmaking and it wasn’t that good. Oh boy
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 685

Post#563 » by -YogiBiz- » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:55 pm

Trade for Collin Sexton? We could even take back Kevin Love for more rebounding/shooting/scoring off the bench.

Saw a trade that was:

Obi Toppin
Pick #32
Pick # 58
2023 2nd Round Pick

for

Collin Sexton
Kevin Love

Would the Cavs even do that trade? It is doubtful, but they could convince themselves that they are getting assets for shedding Love (who's contract would only be on the books for two seasons) and they get something (Former Top 10 Pick Toppin) for a player they weren't planning on bringing back when he's a FA after next season.

Would still give us the space to go grab someone to pair with the young core.

Add maybe Lonzo to the Knicks, bring back Rose and add some more depth in the front court behind Mitch.

We could trot out to start
Sexton
Ball
Barrett
Randle
Robinson

with Rose/IQ/Love coming in off the bench.

How much better is that team than the one that was just ran out of the first round? Not to sold on Love staying healthy but if he did he'd be decent in that second unit. On top of that we get to still keep all our firsts.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,756

Post#564 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:30 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:Trade for Collin Sexton? We could even take back Kevin Love for more rebounding/shooting/scoring off the bench.

Saw a trade that was:

Obi Toppin
Pick #32
Pick # 58
2023 2nd Round Pick

for

Collin Sexton
Kevin Love

Would the Cavs even do that trade? It is doubtful, but they could convince themselves that they are getting assets for shedding Love (who's contract would only be on the books for two seasons) and they get something (Former Top 10 Pick Toppin) for a player they weren't planning on bringing back when he's a FA after next season.

Add maybe Lonzo to the Knicks, bring back Rose and add some more depth in the front court behind Mitch.

Sexton
Ball
Barrett
Randle
Robinson

How much better is that team than the one that was just ran out of the first round? Not to sold on Love staying healthy but if he did he'd be decent in that second unit. On top of that we get to still keep all our firsts.

That looks like a much better team to me. Fixes our need for perimeter playmaking and off the bounce scoring. I love the idea for trading for Sexton and I think he could be on the market if the Cavs get the chance to draft Cunningham or Suggs. Maybe if you offered both Dallas picks or IQ along with Toppin they'd consider it? They would definitely need a first round pick before we start talking trade. The only thing that stinks about taking in Love is that he has two years left at 31 and 28 million. If he had one year left, that would be a no brainer IMO but it's going to take us out of free agency in 2022. If you don't have to break the bank on Sexton, Ball, and RJ they could be tradeable pieces when the time is right as well.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,714

Post#565 » by 8516knicks » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:35 pm

'"Knox entered the league as a 20 point scorer.''

cgf
RealGM

Post#566 » by cgf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:19 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Was on Reddit reading about what Pelicans fans think of Lonzo’s playmaking and it wasn’t that good. Oh boy

In the halfcourt he's just a 3&D guy atm, which is why I would want someone like Lavine or Sexton over the next year to pair with him. But he'd still bolster our starting lineup, while helping Obi & Mitch pick up easy buckets in transition.

I like Lonzo, but getting him at the right price will be important...and is the reason why I'd like to work a S&T out with New Orleans instead of just overpaying him enough for them not to match.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#567 » by cgf » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:20 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:Trade for Collin Sexton? We could even take back Kevin Love for more rebounding/shooting/scoring off the bench.

Saw a trade that was:

Obi Toppin
Pick #32
Pick # 58
2023 2nd Round Pick

for

Collin Sexton
Kevin Love

Sexton
Ball
Barrett
Randle
Robinson

I like Sexton if we can't land Lavine, but I'd wait to try our luck on Lavine first.

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,452

Post#568 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:22 pm

Saw a trade that was:

Obi Toppin
Pick #32
Pick # 58
2023 2nd Round Pick

for

Collin Sexton
Kevin Love

Sexton
Ball
Barrett
Randle
Robinson

Would honestly love that!!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#569 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Very interesting!!!!!….
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#570 » by dukeknicksirish » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:42 pm

If they send back a 1st or a young kid
Read on Twitter
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,534

Post#571 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:51 pm

dukeknicksirish wrote:If they send back a 1st or a young kid
Read on Twitter

lol, they gave away 2 1sts and 2 pick swaps to okc in that paul/westbrook trade. it's already looking grim for them
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#572 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:52 pm

dukeknicksirish wrote:If they send back a 1st or a young kid
Read on Twitter

I’d take him if they include kpjr!!!!!!
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#573 » by sol537 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:14 pm

I think Lonzo will be a late bloomer PG. Might make sense to buy "low".

John Wall's contract is pants.

Wall + KPjr + that lotto protected Washington pick + additional unprotected 1st rounder for Knox + Frank + cap relief. They wouldn't do it, anyway, though their owner is cheap as heck so who knows.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#574 » by seren » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:43 pm

Unless they give some assets, Wall is a no go. I like his game when healthy but he is rarely healthy
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#575 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Was on Reddit reading about what Pelicans fans think of Lonzo’s playmaking and it wasn’t that good. Oh boy

I've been trying to tell you all. He couldn't even beat out Bledsoe. Also, he was horrible in the last game I saw him play at the Garden. Ew.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#576 » by RHODEY » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:50 pm

sol537 wrote:I think Lonzo will be a late bloomer PG. Might make sense to buy "low".

John Wall's contract is pants.

Wall + KPjr + that lotto protected Washington pick + additional unprotected 1st rounder for Knox + Frank + cap relief. They wouldn't do it, anyway, though their owner is cheap as heck so who knows.

Speaking of buy low..how about Schroder? Perhaps Covid after effects contributed to his poor playoffs performance?

Nightowl26
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#577 » by Nightowl26 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:10 pm

Yeah Right, let's go after a guy who quit on the Lakers and pouted that they wouldn't give him a max contract.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#578 » by Dave DaButcher » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:34 pm

seren wrote:Unless they give some assets, Wall is a no go. I like his game when healthy but he is rarely healthy

There is no version of John Wall, healthy or not, who’s worth paying $92 million over the next two years.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#579 » by DowNY » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:12 am

Saw a trade that was:

Obi Toppin
Pick #32
Pick # 58
2023 2nd Round Pick

for

Collin Sexton
Kevin Love

Sexton
Ball
Barrett
Randle
Robinson

I mentioned this type of trade in this thread (or draft thread) a few days ago without Love. I like it either way.

Sexton can play the 2 and we know what he brings offensively. The low cap hold this year helps us sign more guys this offseason. Adding Love is fine. He be good off the bench and preserved. Replaced Obi and he’s playoff proven.

Signing a guy like Lonzo fills the lineup out with length, playmaking and shot creation. Makes life easier for RJ & Mitch. Defensive.

I think taking Love’s contract should be enough. If not the 2 2nds then throw in that Mavs 1st in 2023.

Use the rest on Rose & Bullocks or Oubre
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,835

Post#580 » by robillionaire » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:29 am

Quit lying dude the Pelicans don’t have fans

Return to New York Knicks