ImageImageImage

Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#501 » by Mik317 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:50 am

Shake isn't consistant enough and Maxey is just too green rn. And Ben's defense did slow down Trae a bit.

however Ben is the centerpieces for all of the offensive issues. Its not even about the jumper really. He doesn't always attack. And then he stands in the dunker spot and doesn't always fight for boards either as Biid or Tobias show post up for tough contested jumpers. AND then the above two guys aren't ready because in order for them to get big minutes they also have to be top tier spot up guys...and when they aren't they have to press and try to be more than what they currently are...all because of Ben. Dwight and Thybulle can't play a lot or at all...because they don't fit with Ben.

Its the same song and dance its always been...everyone has to adjust for Ben...but Ben adjusts for no one and if/when he does it feels spiteful on his end lol.

Again. Ben is a fantastic defender. He is gdlk in the open court. He is a fantastic set up man (got Curry some great looks his slow ass can't get for himself lol). He is not a scrub piece of **** that needs to be playing in China like so many think...but his flaws are what they are and it makes the game of basketball...especially in the playoffs hard as ****. Giannis is waaay better than Ben and is running into the same issues. Bron did (Kobble would say he still does lol) as well. The passive pass first style only works if you have Steph Curry or KD next to you like it did for Draymond. Now again that is a failure on past GMS as well...as those players would also help Embiid too..and perhaps the answer is moving off Tobias for a guy like that...but idk if thats possible either.

As great as Embiid is...we cannot rely on him hitting the toughest shots ever all game with our second option being Tobias doing the same thing but not as great or some random guy getting hot from 3. Watching the remaining teams and the constant is that they have guys who get easy buckets...or multiple guys. I mean the Hawks are probably a few years ahead of schedule and have Trae who is great at getting shots and a few others who'd be gods here it feels like. I mean this game right here had Joel Embiid score 40 pts and yet the biggest pop was from Shake Milton rising from the grave.

I like Ben despite my emo posts (I like everyone on the team ...to an extent lol). I think he is super talented and a good basketball player who does things that CAN help a team win...however he doesn't do the things we need like even a little bit and that is annoying as **** at this point. I was willing to give a new voice a chance but it doesn't seem like Doc is that (honestly might be worse than Brett in that regard) and it happening on the big stage again....i'm just tired.

Its time.

however all of this is moot because as of right now...don't see any moves that would immediately make us better that are realistic. Can't pass up on trading him for Kawhii or Harden (obviously there is context at play) and then turn around and trade him for CJ or someone like that...

oh well.

good win .... iguess
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Slick SickSir
Junior
And1: 227

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#502 » by Slick SickSir » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:53 am

Murray_17 wrote:Yeah, we all get frustarted with Ben.

Making that the entire existence of an account on Realgm is super weird and definitely not something a "loser" would do, at all.

Oh, cant use actual bball reasons to defend ur man crush so now u have gone into this lol ok
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#503 » by kuclas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:54 am

I’m glad doc didn’t sit Embiid the entire fourth quarter. I know the knee isn’t gonna to last. But a 16 point lead is Never safe with the hawks with 6-7 min left. And I’m also glad doc yanked Simmons with 3 min left. It would have been ugly last 3 minutes even up by 16-17 with Simmons bricking free throws after free throws.
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#504 » by Slick SickSir » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:56 am

Mik317 wrote:Shake isn't consistant enough and Maxey is just too green rn. And Ben's defense did slow down Trae a bit.

however Ben is the centerpieces for all of the offensive issues. Its not even about the jumper really. He doesn't always attack. And then he stands in the dunker spot and doesn't always fight for boards either as Biid or Tobias show post up for tough contested jumpers. AND then the above two guys aren't ready because in order for them to get big minutes they also have to be top tier spot up guys...and when they aren't they have to press and try to be more than what they currently are...all because of Ben. Dwight and Thybulle can't play a lot or at all...because they don't fit with Ben.

Its the same song and dance its always been...everyone has to adjust for Ben...but Ben adjusts for no one and if/when he does it feels spiteful on his end lol.

Again. Ben is a fantastic defender. He is gdlk in the open court. He is a fantastic set up man (got Curry some great looks his slow ass can't get for himself lol). He is not a scrub piece of **** that needs to be playing in China like so many think...but his flaws are what they are and it makes the game of basketball...especially in the playoffs hard as ****. Giannis is waaay better than Ben and is running into the same issues. Bron did (Kobble would say he still does lol) as well. The passive pass first style only works if you have Steph Curry or KD next to you like it did for Draymond. Now again that is a failure on past GMS as well...as those players would also help Embiid too..and perhaps the answer is moving off Tobias for a guy like that...but idk if thats possible either.

As great as Embiid is...we cannot rely on him hitting the toughest shots ever all game with our second option being Tobias doing the same thing but not as great or some random guy getting hot from 3. Watching the remaining teams and the constant is that they have guys who get easy buckets...or multiple guys. I mean the Hawks are probably a few years ahead of schedule and have Trae who is great at getting shots and a few others who'd be gods here it feels like. I mean this game right here had Joel Embiid score 40 pts and yet the biggest pop was from Shake Milton rising from the grave.

I like Ben despite my emo posts (I like everyone on the team ...to an extent lol). I think he is super talented and a good basketball player who does things that CAN help a team win...however he doesn't do the things we need like even a little bit and that is annoying as **** at this point. I was willing to give a new voice a chance but it doesn't seem like Doc is that (honestly might be worse than Brett in that regard) and it happening on the big stage again....i'm just tired.

Its time.

however all of this is moot because as of right now...don't see any moves that would immediately make us better that are realistic. Can't pass up on trading him for Kawhii or Harden (obviously there is context at play) and then turn around and trade him for CJ or someone like that...

oh well.

good win .... iguess

Nailed it. Finally.

We have kept all our 1sts in tact and have tons of young cheap talent in shake maxey and thybulle to send out with those picks and bum simmons

We can and should get a disgruntled star with all of that
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#505 » by blargh » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:03 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Philly2good wrote:Yeah Nah...Sixers were never losing that game.

If shake didnt show up, yes we likely would have.

It was precisely what Milton did that Simmons doesn’t offer — shooting and dribble penetration — that won the game during that stretch.

Lol, i mean I love our fanbase, but seriously, you can’t make some of this **** up. Before the game, half of this board would have traded Shake for a half-eaten drumstick. Now, he’s our savior, and Ben is worthless. Morons are booing Danny Green in the stands after a couple of missed shots, when he was pretty key in the last series.

Players have bad games, that happens.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,986

Post#506 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:04 am

Slick SickSir wrote:

Making that the entire existence of an account on Realgm is super weird and definitely not something a "loser" would do, at all.

Oh, cant use actual bball reasons to defend ur man crush so now u have gone into this lol ok

Yeah, i'm the offiicial Ben defender as my post hystory show. :lol: :lol:

Like, really, if you're gonna be a troll at least try harder
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Post#507 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:15 am

blargh wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
phillynative wrote:
If shake didnt show up, yes we likely would have.

It was precisely what Milton did that Simmons doesn’t offer — shooting and dribble penetration — that won the game during that stretch.

Lol, i mean I love our fanbase, but seriously, you can’t make some of this **** up. Before the game, half of this board would have traded Shake for a half-eaten drumstick. Now, he’s our savior, and Ben is worthless. Morons are booing Danny Green in the stands after a couple of missed shots, when he was pretty key in the last series.

Players have bad games, that happens.

I’m not especially excited about Milton. I’m just pointing out how point guards in the playoffs need to be able to shoot and dribble penetrate. That’s what this league revolves around now.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,798

Post#508 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:16 am

Slick SickSir wrote:

Screaming in all caps he can't score like a realgm Stephen A Smith isn't exactly an in depth analysis either troll account #57

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#509 » by Slick SickSir » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:25 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Slick SickSir wrote:

Screaming in all caps he can't score like a realgm Stephen A Smith isn't exactly an in depth analysis either troll account #57

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The only trolling going on is anyone who for the last 4 years has put on a charade of pretending the worst offensive player in recent nba memory is an important crucial part of our team
Slick SickSir
Junior

Post#511 » by Slick SickSir » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:58 am

Sent my apology via mail. Hoping he stays mad for games 3 and 4
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#512 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:01 am

I'm just happy we won really, it was a must win.

Now we have to get one in Atlanta, at least now the Sixers to respect the Hawks enough to know it will be a fight to win so they have to bring there 'A" game.

Of course the story is Shake, hope it continues. The second story is Ben putting the clamps on Trae, who shot a much lower percentage this game than last. I know everyone is riding him right now for his shortcomings, but without him we probably would've lost....unless you want to see a replay of what Trae did to Danny.

Danny has been disappointing so far, hopefully he can pick it up cause we need him. Tobi had another boring 22 pts, but its good to be able to take that for granted. Make no mistake, I expect more out of Ben, but if the only thing he can do in this series is slow down Trae, then I say thats a win.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#513 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:16 am

Ben doesnt have to score.

But he should take responsibility in putting clamps on guys like Trae, KD or Giannis.

It’s a hard task but if you’re not scoring and you’re getting treated like the second best player on the team then you better prove your worth than being a quicker version of Kyle Anderson.

And then in the offseason, let’s explore all possibilities
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,750

Post#514 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:16 am

Joel finding out pregame he lost the MVP race to Jokic:

MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#515 » by MVP1992 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:25 am

Wow and sorry...

I got up at 3am to watch the first game. Loss.
Missed today's game... blowout !

I will refrain from watching games live till next season :nonono:
9-0

‘We’ll teach Donald Trump a valuable lesson: don’t mess with the women in America unless you want to get the benefit’. Joe Biden
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#516 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:40 am

Is it weird that I'm enjoying the Ben slander, despite the fact that I'm fully aware of how valuable he is on defense and also I like him as a Sixer?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#517 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:49 am

Jhawk03 wrote:Is it weird that I'm enjoying the Ben slander, despite the fact that I'm fully aware of how valuable he is on defense and also I like him as a Sixer?

It means you are also aware of his limitations/flaws that doesnt create any friction with your beliefs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#518 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:52 am

76ciology wrote:Ben doesnt have to score.

But he should take responsibility in putting clamps on guys like Trae, KD or Giannis.

It’s a hard task but if you’re not scoring and you’re getting treated like the second best player on the team then you better prove your worth than being a quicker version of Kyle Anderson.

he will not guard KD or Giannis. Kyrie/Harden is a different story
76ciology
RealGM

Post#519 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:57 am

HardenToSixers wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben doesnt have to score.

he will not guard KD or Giannis. Kyrie/Harden is a different story

I wouldnt talk about it with any certainties.

Personally, I do think he has to defend with the opponent’s best players except if that player is a center. And I do think his best trait is his switchability, aside from his length and athleticism that can make screen plays less effective on defense.

So he should clamp down these guys individually with or without any screen plays.

Biid said it himself during the post game conference, he’s not 100% and mobile on defense. So I think Ben has to step up on that end.

Im not asking him to score or shoot. Im asking him to play defense on another level. The level that it makes an impact more than just the shadow of the impact Biid’s defense provides.

And if he can’t do that (im not saying he is). Then he’s nothing more than a quicker version of Boris Diaw or Kyle Anderson.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#520 » by downtownpie » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:34 am

Sixers have a good win.

20 pages about Simmons :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers