ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#141 » by drsd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:59 am

pepe1991 wrote:It's just seeding. If Nets won 1 more game and won East, we would be talking how Hawks have no businesss being deep in playoffs and how Nets can beat them with half of a roster.

Healthy East has ¸1 and half team capable of winning title. Nets and Celtics, if Celtics get their s*** together and find center.

Bucks are expensive mess at this stage. Jrue Holiday is better than Bledsoe but nowhere near as impacful as he was few years ago. Lopez is aiging, Middelton is ***t and Giannis can't pull his head out of his a** in playoffs.

The Young-Hawks remind me of the regular-season excitement of the Wilkins-Hawks. Yes it is fun watching an explosive offense, and that sells tickets and jerseys, but until Atlant gets serious about slowing down the game to focus on defense, I cannot see the Hawks ever getting out of the second round of the playoffs; maybe slip in to the Eastern FInals for a near-sweep.

As to the Bucks, I do think there is a championship roster to construct around Middleton and Antetokounmpo. My problem is that Jrue Holiday is probably at the end of his career and thus the Bucks cannot exploit the talent of their two stars because of this guard. Also, Lopez needs to be upgraded. But all the LLE and half-MLE contracts on the Bucks roster, I like most of them. Still it will take a cleaver GM to find out how to convert Holiday into a younger version of himself (imagine what Gilgeous-Alexander could do for that roster, for example). In conclusion: if I was a Milwaulkee fan, I would be hoping for a Final's appearance this year. That is the best path to form a roster moving forward. That means "hoping" that Harden does not mend to 100%.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#142 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:17 am

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:It's just seeding. If Nets won 1 more game and won East, we would be talking how Hawks have no businesss being deep in playoffs and how Nets can beat them with half of a roster.

Healthy East has ¸1 and half team capable of winning title. Nets and Celtics, if Celtics get their s*** together and find center.

Bucks are expensive mess at this stage. Jrue Holiday is better than Bledsoe but nowhere near as impacful as he was few years ago. Lopez is aiging, Middelton is ***t and Giannis can't pull his head out of his a** in playoffs.

The Young-Hawks remind me of the regular-season excitement of the Wilkins-Hawks. Yes it is fun watching an explosive offense, and that sells tickets and jerseys, but until Atlant gets serious about slowing down the game to focus on defense, I cannot see the Hawks ever getting out of the second round of the playoffs; maybe slip in to the Eastern FInals for a near-sweep.

As to the Bucks, I do think there is a championship roster to construct around Middleton and Antetokounmpo. My problem is that Jrue Holiday is probably at the end of his career and thus the Bucks cannot exploit the talent of their two stars because of this guard. Also, Lopez needs to be upgraded. But all the LLE and half-MLE contracts on the Bucks roster, I like most of them. Still it will take a cleaver GM to find out how to convert Holiday into a younger version of himself (imagine what Gilgeous-Alexander could do for that roster, for example). In conclusion: if I was a Milwaulkee fan, I would be hoping for a Final's appearance this year. That is the best path to form a roster moving forward. That means "hoping" that Harden does not mend to 100%.

Atlanta almost blew up 30 point lead in previous game. We talk about team who almost lost playoff game because they didn't know how to handle full court press.
Interesting, fun, entertaining, but strange team. I really struggle to see how they can have even average offense as long as Trae Young can't do anything on defense.
Cam Reddish, Okongwu are former lottery picks turned into G league guys. Why not trade them for some valuable asset in sign & trade for John Collins who is leaving anyway? :dontknow:

Bucks are perfect regular season team. Giannis is probably the most freak athlete in basketball history that runs at you at full force and in regular season teams & players don't want to die and move away. Bucks rain 3s and have 10 men rotation and they just run opponents over. But in playoffss Giannis can't sprint in tranistion and attack you because in playoffs teams "wall" him up and others get less open looks so they choke every year.
This is third year where same thing happends.

Coaching, imo is still issue. Also paying Middelton like he is Anthony Davis is another issuse. And they simply lack versitality on offense. They could use some mega-scorer over Middelton, somebody who will execute pick&roll with Giannis. And it's not Jrue Holiday. They could use some Lavine , Paul George type of guy. In perfect world, best fit is Lillard but hey...

There is also something awkward about Giannis and how other stars don't really like him.
Harden described him with "I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all"
Durant hated when somebody comapred him to Giannis....

Feels like part of nba superstars think that he is not that talented as basketball player, but was born in best body to be basketball player. Witch is kind a true. HE is taller than Lebron, he is faster than most guards, he is stronger than probably anybody and he is one of most durable players. Guy is like hidden character in fighting game. Some demigod
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#143 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:07 pm

drsd wrote:

they traded for Capela and drafted Hunter, one of the best defenders in that draft. i think that front office was looking at defense and addressing that need.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#144 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:56 am

hold on....AG calling out teammates for playing soft in game 1? but then turns around and turns in a 6 point performance in game 2?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#145 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 am

KillMonger wrote:hold on....AG calling out teammates for playing soft in game 1? but then turns around and turns in a 6 point performance in game 2?

Next year allstar!

That is guy that most of orlando magic realGM forum wanted to build team around, him and Payton. Let's think about it for a moment. :lol: :wink:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#146 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 am

Watching the Utah/Clipper series (go Jazz).

Hopefully Cole can eventually become our version of Jordan Clarkson.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#147 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

MagicMatic wrote:Watching the Utah/Clipper series (go Jazz).

Hopefully Cole can eventually become our version of Jordan Clarkson.

We already have a no-conscience scorer in TRosa lol
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#148 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:41 am

Gordon is killing Denver in this one
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#149 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:30 am

Alright folks its Suns vs Jazz

PG : above average vs a HOFer
SG : two future tier-1 superstars
WING : two undersized but physical and athletic vs two not that athletic but very skilled and shooting
C : two great Centers

hard to decide who to root for
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#150 » by MoMM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:43 am

RookieStar wrote:Alright folks its Suns vs Jazz

WING : two undersized but physical and athletic vs two not that athletic but very skilled and shooting

I hope that Conley is back for this series, it will be fun.
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#151 » by Magic4champ » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:19 am

Crowder > AG
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#152 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:43 am

Joe Ingles all the way 8-)
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#153 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:24 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:

Ingles or Bogdan?
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#154 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:59 am

RookieStar wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:

Ingles or Bogdan?

I would say Ingles gives your team a higher floor. He just helps your team in so many ways. He is a good defender, great ballmover, good passer, great 3P shooter, great locker guy.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#155 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:56 am

Bridges is a very good shooter this year, so more than just athletic
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,537

Post#156 » by Bergmaniac » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:57 pm

KillMonger wrote:hold on....AG calling out teammates for playing soft in game 1? but then turns around and turns in a 6 point performance in game 2?

4 points, 0 assists and 4 turnovers in Game 3, LOL.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#157 » by drsd » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Magic4champ wrote:Crowder > AG

Offensively, this is incorrect objectively: Player Comparison: Jae Crowder vs. Aaron Gordon

Also, Gordon is 5 years younger.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#158 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Is AG getting exposed?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#159 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:01 pm

offtopic but i really hope Christian Eriksen survives. Euro soccer couldn't start any worst.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,629

Post#160 » by ogmagicfan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:49 pm

Aaron Gordon still suffering from being a hot/cold player on offense. He gotta have a more consistent game and he needs to have more go-to moves to get him going when his shot isn’t falling.

Return to Orlando Magic