ImageImageImage

Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#521 » by BB_Fan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:40 am

I don't think 76ers can beat an healthy Nets team.The problem with 76ers is Tobias is not playing like a player making 37M. He needs to be second option on offence and score 30 ~ 35 pts per game. I am not sure why he is not demanding the ball more.

Our mistakes started in 2018 when we gave up Mikal Bridges for Zhaire smith. Compounded further by trading for Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris. I am surprised Elton Brand still has a job after all of the stupid moves he has made.
BB_Fan
Junior

Re: Playoffs: Second Round Game 2 : (5) Atlanta Hawks @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Tuesday 6/8 l 7:30pm l TNT 

Post#522 » by BB_Fan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:47 am

The best option for 76ers is to trade Embiid to Golden state for 2021 Minnesota pick and 2021 GSW pick and Andrew wiggins.
Draft a guard and 3 &D with 2021 draft pick who can shoot
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#523 » by cool93 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:49 am

BB_Fan wrote:The best option for 76ers is to trade Embiid to Golden state for 2021 Minnesota pick and 2021 GSW pick and Andrew wiggins.
Draft a guard and 3 &D with 2021 draft pick who can shoot
Lol. Go away.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#524 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:16 am

The crazy thing is the ideal player to pair alongside Embiid is the perfect player to pair alongside Ben as well lol

It’s just so obvious.

The rug to tie the room together
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#525 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:21 am

downtownpie wrote:Sixers have a good win.

20 pages about Simmons :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly I could stand 40 pages. I really do have issues I guess. It sucks that I know bball and apparently lots of people dont.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#526 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:57 am

We played almost perfect this game.

We saw Ben’s size being a big factor against Trae.
We saw Seth-Tobi running 2 man game attacking Trae.
We saw Tobi being surgical in carrying the offense early on.
We saw Seth’s knocking down shots with more confidence
We saw Shake rising from the grave.
We took the ball out of Trae’s hands.

The only flaw was Tobi trying to post Bogdanovic. Which IMO is a poor way to generate points per possession.

This is probably the funnest game for the entire season. It flashes the potential of our team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#527 » by Rastas » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:45 am

Dear God , I wonder who will be next in this boards Toxic sights after you run Simmons outa town.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,116

Post#528 » by M2J » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:46 am

It's funny listening to Charles not see how the Sixers can win this series.

I keep saying, I think the Sixers win in 5 or 6 and you need to blow this up if it goes 7.

This reminds me of when Charles thought "THE HOUSE WAS ON FIRE" in the Philly/Brooklyn series a few years ago... and Philly's big guards couldn't stop the Nets....

The Sixers defense have them 102 this game, and it may have been similar if not for that treacherous first quarter.... and bench mistake early in game 1. Knicks proved that can be a consistent score for them.

I think their offense has been figured out
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#529 » by Wilfried » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:00 am

Still feel there's room for improvement:

Tobias Harris need to go to the foul line
Simmons need to score from the foul line
More input from George Hill, Korkmaz should be welcome
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#530 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:17 am

Slick SickSir wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm not gonna trash Ben. We're going to need him. He's a big reason why Curry does what he does. He's disappointed offensively for sure. He's a role player faking the funk of an all star, but we're currently better with him than without him. Trade him this offseason, whatever, but right now we need him.

Weird. We were awfully better without him again today. Weird. Almost like saying untrue things doesnt make them true. But keep goin

Simmons didnt even pretend to play distributor this game in the half court at all. Only in fastbreak siuations. He ran away from the ball and hid for 33 of his 35 min

Yeah, we know you don't like Ben Simmons. Flame on.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#531 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:54 am

Doc did well.

He didnt run a complete 5man unit of non starters, he atleast had Tobi.

Then he didnt put Ben in the game when Hawks were implementing hack a ben.

And the old school, better to get punched in the mouth early than late (G1 H1) was really good.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#532 » by BB_Fan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:00 am

Wilfried wrote:Still feel there's room for improvement:

Tobias needs to play more with second unit when embiid is resting and be the primary scoring option. We should always have one of Embiid and Harris on the floor and Harris demand ball more with second unit. A 20pt Harris is not worth 37M .

I don't know why front office does not realize Ben will not shoot and is a bad FT shooter. You cannot play Ben in 4Q in a close game and give him the ball as he will be fouled immediately.

The team is flawed and will never win a champonship. BC and EB wasted all of the draft picks. They will have to start process all over again. There is now way 76ers can beat Nets or Bucks
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#533 » by BullyKing » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:03 am

BB_Fan wrote:
Wilfried wrote:Still feel there's room for improvement:

Tobias needs to play more with second unit when embiid is resting and be the primary scoring option. We should always have one of Embiid and Harris on the floor and Harris demand ball more with second unit. A 20pt Harris is not worth 37M .

I don't know why front office does not realize Ben will not shoot and is a bad FT shooter. You cannot play Ben in 4Q in a close game and give him the ball as he will be fouled immediately.

The team is flawed and will never win a champonship. BC and EB wasted all of the draft picks. They will have to start process all over again. There is now way 76ers can beat Nets or Bucks

Honestly, get lost. I'm so tired of this board doing nothing but constantly complaining. If the Sixers do nothing but apparently make you miserable then find a hobby.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#534 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:03 am

BB_Fan wrote:I don't think 76ers can beat an healthy Nets team.The problem with 76ers is Tobias is not playing like a player making 37M. He needs to be second option on offence and score 30 ~ 35 pts per game. I am not sure why he is not demanding the ball more.

Our mistakes started in 2018 when we gave up Mikal Bridges for Zhaire smith. Compounded further by trading for Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris. I am surprised Elton Brand still has a job after all of the stupid moves he has made.

Brand brought more talent than any other GMs we had. Arguably the second and third most talented players after Embiid in Jimmy and Tobi.

He also assembled the most talented squad we had that almost made it to the finals. Which costs us role players and future role players with those picks.

Then the next year he assembled the squad that was the consensus among sports media and analytics that we were the favorite to win the finals.

He’s not perfect like our other GMs. He sure made his mistakes like overpaying Tobi and Al. And all these talks about our past GMs is water under the bridge.
DaBolden76
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#535 » by DaBolden76 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:04 pm

The hate on Simmons is laughable. He did his job and shut down Trae. With this Sixers team he’s playing point forward, with Curry and Harris as the guards. Trading Simmons is dumb in my opinion, just put him in the 4 position where he belongs. I would probably look to trade Harris and Milton. Long term I think Maxey will be that 6th man who brings energy.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#536 » by Mik317 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:23 pm

Rastas wrote:Dear God , I wonder who will be next in this boards Toxic sights after you run Simmons outa town.

Embiid.

I mean come on thats easy lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 824

Post#537 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:43 pm

DaBolden76 wrote:The hate on Simmons is laughable. He did his job and shut down Trae. With this Sixers team he’s playing point forward, with Curry and Harris as the guards. Trading Simmons is dumb in my opinion, just put him in the 4 position where he belongs. I would probably look to trade Harris and Milton. Long term I think Maxey will be that 6th man who brings energy.

Wait till the team is playing the Nets/Jazz/Suns and you're getting the same contribution from Simmons and it's woefully insufficient to compete with those teams. It won't be laughable then.

Do you want to win a championship, or do you just want to win a game against a #4 seed?
DaBolden76
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#538 » by DaBolden76 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:49 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
DaBolden76 wrote:The hate on Simmons is laughable. He did his job and shut down Trae. With this Sixers team he’s playing point forward, with Curry and Harris as the guards. Trading Simmons is dumb in my opinion, just put him in the 4 position where he belongs. I would probably look to trade Harris and Milton. Long term I think Maxey will be that 6th man who brings energy.

Wait till the team is playing the Nets/Jazz/Suns and you're getting the same contribution from Simmons and it's woefully insufficient to compete with those teams. It won't be laughable then.

Do you want to win a championship, or do you just want to win a game against a #4 seed?

Simmons did what he had to do tonight. He was the major part why Trae shot 13pts from the field at 36%. This game was all about shutting down Trae. If Sixers move on to the next round. Simmons will just do what he needs to do to help the Sixers win that series.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 404

Post#539 » by Zumramania » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:54 pm

Yes, but Simmons is unique because he also wants to be a playmaker and he does pass well. Then the guard you bring in has to be a player who is great at offense and can run P'nR with Embiid but would benefit from an additional playmaker. And I can't think of a single player other than Steph Curry who would fit this story that well.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#540 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:02 pm

Mik317 wrote:
Rastas wrote:Dear God , I wonder who will be next in this boards Toxic sights after you run Simmons outa town.

Embiid.

I mean come on thats easy lol

I'd like to think that would never happen, but this is Philadelphia haha.

I think Embiid has shown enough in his five seasons that has given him a certain status of respect amongst all fans. What he's produced while simultaneously fighting through an array of injuries to lead this team is something we haven't had since Iverson.

The only time I've seen Joel slander was at the beginning of the 2019-2020 season when he was struggling a bit and that weird sect of Simmons fans were saying he needs to be traded and that Simmons was a better player. Remember that? Good times.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers