ImageImageImage

Trade Brown for who Poll?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Trade Brown for :

Bradley Beal
14%
Dame Lillard
23%
A Sabonis
5%
K.A.T
14%
Donovan Mitchell
8%
No keep Brown
33%
*Other - explain
4%

Total votes: 242

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Trade Brown for who Poll? 

Post#141 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:45 pm

Stan34 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Stan34 wrote:Hope Jaylen stay for three more years and then leave. So the Celtics loose him for nothing. This fan base dont deserve him.

Inviato dal mio moto g(7) plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Because people are willing to trade him for superstars/better players?
No, because every **** week for the three past year there Is a reason to trade Brown. Every month there is a ceiling to put on this guy.
Enjoy players you have.
Same people that want to trade him for PG13 or saying that Chris Middleton is better and other 30/40 players. You Watch playoff games? Have you seen how those players people like perform in PS?
Someone tell me when Jaylen had a worst PS than RS.
You and other tend to overvalue players from other teams because you always see only the streight.
There is no reason in the world to trade Jaylen for Beal, because of Age, salary and because Beal and Tatum dont make you a Championship squad. And because at the age of 28 Jaylen will be better than beal. Book it.
Celtics are not trading Jaylen but have fin with it...

The "hot stove league" is one of the most enjoyed aspects of pro sports, thus contributing to their crazy profitability and crazy resulting salaries for the athletes. I don't see why it should bother you--or you should read such trade proposal threads if it does. For $100M in contracts before age 25, it really doesn't seem like such a burden for the player speculated about. (But I'm not keen on watching JT go from barely acknowledging JB on the court to fawning over BB for over 90 games next season either.)
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#142 » by ddb » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:48 pm

captain green wrote:If guys liked dame as much as the poster above said why didn't guys go to Portland? Dame is a bad ass no doubt about it but brown kemba and picks won't be enough so then throw in smart and or timelord four starters and our future picks? Pfft that's a big over pay for him and then we'd have a starting lineup of dame langford nesmith tatum Thompson that starting lineup would suck to high heaven and then no bench although we have no bench now so at least that's a rub. I just don't see it but I won't be mad getting my second favorite in the league but it wouldn't change the needle imo

who else is sending Portland a 24 year old All-Star that's under contract? Pretty sure Brown could be the prize for Portland if they decide on moving Dame. Philly would probably try to send them Ben Simmons, but Simmons just had a 4pt playoff game that nobody seems to want to talk about because Embiid dropped 40pts and they won.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#143 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:52 pm

ddb wrote:
captain green wrote:If guys liked dame as much as the poster above said why didn't guys go to Portland? Dame is a bad ass no doubt about it but brown kemba and picks won't be enough so then throw in smart and or timelord four starters and our future picks? Pfft that's a big over pay for him and then we'd have a starting lineup of dame langford nesmith tatum Thompson that starting lineup would suck to high heaven and then no bench although we have no bench now so at least that's a rub. I just don't see it but I won't be mad getting my second favorite in the league but it wouldn't change the needle imo

who else is sending Portland a 24 year old All-Star that's under contract? Pretty sure Brown could be the prize for Portland if they decide on moving Dame. Philly would probably try to send them Ben Simmons, but Simmons just had a 4pt playoff game that nobody seems to want to talk about because Embiid dropped 40pts and they won.

Ray Allen had both a zero and a 4-point game as part of a total of 5 single-digit scoring games in the C's last championship season playoffs.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#144 » by BK_2020 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:06 pm

Jaylen Brown had five 0 point games this playoffs.
Availability is the most important ability. Over the last 4 years, Jaylen has played in fewer RS games than Kemba.
ddb
RealGM

Post#145 » by ddb » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:12 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:

Ray Allen had both a zero and a 4-point game as part of a total of 5 single-digit scoring games in the C's last championship season playoffs.

your point? At that time Ray Allen was old, mad at the C's, had 1 foot out the door, and was being phased out... Ben Simmons is young, 6'10, has the ball in hands constantly, and should absolutely produce more considering he's an All-Star
ddb
RealGM

Post#146 » by ddb » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:14 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Jaylen Brown had five 0 point games this playoffs.
Availability is the most important ability. Over the last 4 years, Jaylen has played in fewer RS games than Kemba.

I'll take Jaylen's health/production over Kemba's moving forward 7 days per week and twice on Sundays
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,018

Post#147 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:53 pm

340 for Kemba
337 for Jaylen

3 whole games...wow :roll:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#148 » by djFan71 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:44 pm

ddb wrote:

I'll take Jaylen's health/production over Kemba's moving forward 7 days per week and twice on Sundays

It was a cherry-picked, hyperbolic example, but I also think the availability/health is at least a mild concern with Jaylen.

He relies on athleticism to go from good to elite. Beginning of the year he was healthy and cruised to the All-Star team. Then nagging injuries robbed of just a little bit and he was good from there out, but only elite in bursts. He missed this year's playoffs, had a hamstring injury that had him miss other playoff games in previous seasons. His knee issue sounded like something he'll deal with for a while/rest of his career occasionally.

None of it seems like an extreme issue, but it's definitely something to be consider.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#149 » by cloverleaf » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:41 pm

ddb wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
ddb wrote:

your point? At that time Ray Allen was old, mad at the C's, had 1 foot out the door, and was being phased out... Ben Simmons is young, 6'10, has the ball in hands constantly, and should absolutely produce more considering he's an All-Star

Ray was an AS that season and 2 additional years after that season as well. Simmons obviously contributes more in playmaking and D and, as they say, they obviously didn't need more points from him in that game.
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#150 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:03 am

Celticfan_N_FL wrote:

340 for Kemba
337 for Jaylen

The real answer here is that Charlotte played Kemba into the ground and now his body is breaking down. They knew they had which is why they decided to let him walk instead of paying him. Saying Jaylen played less RS games than Kemba over the past x years is a great example of "lies, damned lies, and statistics"
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#151 » by Ill News » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:48 am

djFan71 wrote:
ddb wrote:

It was a cherry-picked, hyperbolic example, but I also think the availability/health is at least a mild concern with Jaylen.

He relies on athleticism to go from good to elite. Beginning of the year he was healthy and cruised to the All-Star team. Then nagging injuries robbed of just a little bit and he was good from there out, but only elite in bursts. He missed this year's playoffs, had a hamstring injury that had him miss other playoff games in previous seasons. His knee issue sounded like something he'll deal with for a while/rest of his career occasionally.

None of it seems like an extreme issue, but it's definitely something to be consider.

I think what contributed to Jaylen's body deteriorating this season was fatigue from playing heavy minutes, coupled with the extremely short rest the team had after the bubble. Jaylen's style of play is pretty breakneck since he constantly drives to the rim or runs out in transition, so I won't be surprised if his body just broke down. Hopefully the extended rest he and the rest of the team will get this offseason does him good and excises those nagging injuries he had this year.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#152 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:40 pm

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:

340 for Kemba
337 for Jaylen

The real answer here is that Charlotte played Kemba into the ground and now his body is breaking down. They knew they had which is why they decided to let him walk instead of paying him. Saying Jaylen played less RS games than Kemba over the past x years is a great example of "lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Charlotte actually offered him 5/160, $20 mil. more than Boston did. Kemba's the one who chose to leave Charlotte. Saying Charlotte decided to let him walk instead of paying him is highly counterfactual.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#153 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:28 pm

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:

340 for Kemba
337 for Jaylen

Rather a Danny move, which is why it is surprising that Danny apparently didn't recognize it.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#154 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:30 pm

Ill News wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
ddb wrote:

I think what contributed to Jaylen's body deteriorating this season was fatigue from playing heavy minutes, coupled with the extremely short rest the team had after the bubble. Jaylen's style of play is pretty breakneck since he constantly drives to the rim or runs out in transition, so I won't be surprised if his body just broke down. Hopefully the extended rest he and the rest of the team will get this offseason does him good and excises those nagging injuries he had this year.

Tendonitis in the knees at JB's age is IMO worrisome for a player so dependent on his athleticism. And I agree, I hope the wrist issue will be a blessing in disguise, as it gives him more rest in general.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#155 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Jaylen doesn't really play that many minutes. In 5 seasons he's played 9339 RS minutes and 1744 PO minutes. That's not much.
Tatum in 4 seasons has played 9453 RS minutes and 1853 PO minutes. Ben Simmons in 4 seasons has played 9326 RO minutes and 1023 PO minutes.
Ingram, the guy who always looks injured, played 10,211 RS minutes in his 5 year career, although 0 PO minutes.
Stan34
Senior
And1: 434

Post#156 » by Stan34 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Jaylen doesn't really play that many minutes. In 5 seasons he's played 9339 RS minutes and 1744 PO minutes. That's not much.
Tatum in 4 seasons has played 9453 RS minutes and 1853 PO minutes. Ben Simmons in 4 seasons has played 9326 RO minutes and 1023 PO minutes.
Ingram, the guy who always looks injured, played 10,211 RS minutes in his 5 year career, although 0 PO minutes.
Oh C'mon, Jaylen first year was a 15 minutes guy and the third year was a 25 minutes guy because of the roster depth

BK_2020
RealGM

Post#157 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Stan34 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Jaylen doesn't really play that many minutes. In 5 seasons he's played 9339 RS minutes and 1744 PO minutes. That's not much.
Oh C'mon, Jaylen first year was a 15 minutes guy and the third year was a 25 minutes guy because of the roster depth

Jaylen was a bench player because he wasn't good. Tatum started from day one on an even more stacked team.
In any case my point is Jaylen's injury issues can't really be minutes related. The guy just hasn't played a lot of minutes, not for his career totals, not for the last two seasons as a starter (34 mpg). And he was always getting injured when he was a bench player, too.
ddb
RealGM

Post#158 » by ddb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:33 pm

I love Jaylen Brown. He seems like a really good guy, he's incredibly talented, he works hard, and continues to improve each season. But with that said, Jayson Tatum is the franchise. The Celtics need to do whatever they can to build a Championship contender while also keeping Jayson engaged/happy.
As we all know the NBA is a business. Difficult decisions need to be made. I just feel like one of the difficult decisions that Brad ought to make is moving Jaylen Brown in a deal that lands Boston Bradley Beal. Then from there he has a lot more work to do. Beal is the more natural scorer VS Jaylen. Beal has the really close relationship with Tatum. Beal/Tatum will push each other, be marketable, and have enough star power to recruit other players to join them in Boston.
Beal/Tatum will play off each other much better. For as good as Tatum/Brown are, they really don't play that well off each other. Beal is a natural guard. Jaylen is a Forward playing Guard. Beal is the much better ball handler. Beal has the better mid-range game. Beal gets to the basket easier.

I just think we all overthink this. It's not everyday you have a special player like Tatum. And it's not everyday you have a wonderful asset like Jaylen Brown who's value is strong enough to help you land another superstar. And make no mistake about it, Jaylen Brown is NOT a superstar. He's a very good player. He may be a 4-5X all-Star. But he is not Tatum or Beal. He is not Dame.

I'm telling everyone right now. File this post for a date down the line. If the Celtics hang on to Jaylen Brown instead of trading him for a superstar, it could get ugly in the years to come. It'll be VERY difficult to build up this roster to contender status without moving Brown. He's the ticket to go out and really make a bold move. And if Boston stays a middle of the pack playoff team for next few years then Tatum will be gone right as he's hitting his prime years. He'll go elsewhere to win. Don't for a second think he wouldn't leave. These kids these days just want to win and be happy. This isn't the 90's anymore.

Get Beal and figure out how to build around them.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#159 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:52 pm

ddb wrote:I love Jaylen Brown. He seems like a really good guy, he's incredibly talented, he works hard, and continues to improve each season. But with that said, Jayson Tatum is the franchise. The Celtics need to do whatever they can to build a Championship contender while also keeping Jayson engaged/happy.
As we all know the NBA is a business. Difficult decisions need to be made. I just feel like one of the difficult decisions that Brad ought to make is moving Jaylen Brown in a deal that lands Boston Bradley Beal. Then from there he has a lot more work to do. Beal is the more natural scorer VS Jaylen. Beal has the really close relationship with Tatum. Beal/Tatum will push each other, be marketable, and have enough star power to recruit other players to join them in Boston.
Beal/Tatum will play off each other much better. For as good as Tatum/Brown are, they really don't play that well off each other. Beal is a natural guard. Jaylen is a Forward playing Guard. Beal is the much better ball handler. Beal has the better mid-range game. Beal gets to the basket easier.

I just think we all overthink this. It's not everyday you have a special player like Tatum. And it's not everyday you have a wonderful asset like Jaylen Brown who's value is strong enough to help you land another superstar. And make no mistake about it, Jaylen Brown is NOT a superstar. He's a very good player. He may be a 4-5X all-Star. But he is not Tatum or Beal. He is not Dame.

I'm telling everyone right now. File this post for a date down the line. If the Celtics hang on to Jaylen Brown instead of trading him for a superstar, it could get ugly in the years to come. It'll be VERY difficult to build up this roster to contender status without moving Brown. He's the ticket to go out and really make a bold move. And if Boston stays a middle of the pack playoff team for next few years then Tatum will be gone right as he's hitting his prime years. He'll go elsewhere to win. Don't for a second think he wouldn't leave. These kids these days just want to win and be happy. This isn't the 90's anymore.

Jaylen is the guy who could have put us over the top, and by that, I mean, we should have traded him already. Hindsight is always 20/20 of course, but are we hanging another banner had we traded him for Kawhi 3 years ago? What if we had trade him for Harden this year? Can’t make that same mistake again. If we can get Beal or Dame for Brown, you gott go all in.
ddb
RealGM

Post#160 » by ddb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
ddb wrote:I love Jaylen Brown. He seems like a really good guy, he's incredibly talented, he works hard, and continues to improve each season. But with that said, Jayson Tatum is the franchise. The Celtics need to do whatever they can to build a Championship contender while also keeping Jayson engaged/happy.

Jaylen is the guy who could have put us over the top, and by that, I mean, we should have traded him already. Hindsight is always 20/20 of course, but are we hanging another banner had we traded him for Kawhi 3 years ago? What if we had trade him for Harden this year? Can’t make that same mistake again. If we can get Beal or Dame for Brown, you gott go all in.

I don't blame Danny for not trading Brown for Kawhi or Harden. I don't think those guys were the right fits in Boston. Kawhi was 100% leaving for LA. Everyone knew. Toronto decided to go for it with a championship ready team, and they won, but now they are about to rebuild (maybe). Harden I don't think is the type of character you want around Tatum long-term. Regarding Harden, I'm shocked Miami didn't go for him. Harden/Butler/Bam and that team is probably pushing for the finals right now. Anyway, I digress.
Back to Brown. I think the patience has paid off. He made the All-Star team, his new contract kicked in so much easier to match salary now for a Superstar. But I do feel like NOW is the time to move him. His value will never be this high again. His contract has 3-years left at below max money. He's still younger than 25 (not for much longer)....and he's coming off a great season....but if he comes back, what if he gets injured again? Or just doesn't have as good of a season? Move him now. Wish him the best and capitalize on his value. That's the right move here. Brad needs to grow some balls and get it done

Return to Boston Celtics