ImageImageImageImageImage

Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#121 » by C_Money » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:05 pm

antonaki1 wrote:No. Proves how undervalued our guys are. True value would be OG alone for Ingram because we would lose a great deal of defence in that trade alone. I like our current center rotation and we should just roll with Gillespie and Birch.

We should be more ambitious than that IMO. The goal is to win another Championship.
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,061

Post#122 » by kieferli » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:30 pm

Lol NTY OG going to be next Kawhi I few years , give him few more year he will be our first option
Credit:Clutch0z24
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#123 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:47 pm

I would be inclined to make that trade but not with this year's FRP. or multiple first round picks. 1 FRP that is next year and call it a day.

i also understand that Ingram is on the cusp/tipping point/verge of breaking out into a superstar. NOP needs someone who doesn't hog the ball next to Zion and Raptors actually need a true #1.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#124 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:54 pm

Dalek wrote:This deal can't happen until much later. OG signed an extension so he is a poison pill provision which makes him near untradeable until after June 29. At that point you could not include Adams because the numbers would be off. Maybe a Rodney Hood and OG plus two picks would work for Ingram - maybe see if Jaxson Hayes and NAW can be included.

Ingram is a top scorer in the game, but he would be a weird fit with Siakam at first glance, unless we get Siakam to play close to the basket again. Also, the 2021 would have to be outside the top four to even consider this.

Siakam should go back into a pseudo role like when Kawhi came here.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,629

Post#125 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:41 pm

Nope. The Pels benefit way more than we do in this deal. The simple fact that it comes with Adams is enough to remove both picks from the deal because he's a negative contract. Ingram isn't so much more valuable than OG that I even do the trade straight up. Idk if he ever becomes an efficient go to guy and his defense and passing aren't the greatest. A guy in the same tier I would be open to trading for is Jaylen Brown. Much high ceiling as a go to guy imo and a much better defender
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#126 » by gp2015 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:51 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Nope. The Pels benefit way more than we do in this deal. The simple fact that it comes with Adams is enough to remove both picks from the deal because he's a negative contract. Ingram isn't so much more valuable than OG that I even do the trade straight up. Idk if he ever becomes an efficient go to guy and his defense and passing aren't the greatest. A guy in the same tier I would be open to trading for is Jaylen Brown. Much high ceiling as a go to guy imo and a much better defender

The Celtics aren't trading Jaylen for OG. You have to be realistic. People talk like OG doesn't have any weaknesess himself.

Jaylen is a much better, more complete player than OG at this point in their careers.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,303

Post#127 » by pilkoids » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:03 am

Picks too? Is this a joke?

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#128 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:22 am

lebron stopper wrote:Absolutely awful trade proposal. Adams is horrific, Ingram won't push the Raptors into contention, and Raptors are giving up one of the best perimeter defenders in the league in Anunoby (plus another positive value contract in Boucher) along with two first round picks.

So we just give up our best home grown player who is 23? Hell no. Ingram is a flyweight and OG is a beast.
pagal
Starter
And1: 2,078

Post#129 » by pagal » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:19 am

lmao, F Bleacher Report and their BS trades.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#130 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:48 pm

kieferli wrote:Lol NTY OG going to be next Kawhi I few years , give him few more year he will be our first option

Maybe. Maybe not. OG did start to show some things last season. He's starting to look like Dirk in the midrange.

But as much as I believe in Pascal, and think the Raps with some tweaks can seriously contend next season, it would be a legit strategy to trade Pascal for the Warriors picks (if Minny pick conveys), Fred for as high a pick/young prospect as he can entice, and hand the keys to OG to figure it out next season.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#131 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:44 pm

canada_dry wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2943995-nba-trade-ideas-to-save-lottery-teams-from-another-playoff-whiff

OG+ Boucher+Hood+baynes+2 picks

For ingram+ Steven Adams

It solves shot creator and Center weaknesses...but steep ask.

Who says no?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

This is the type of value you give up for a multiple time allstar not a fringe allstar like Brandon Ingram. I honestly see OG playing a role of third option/defensive stopper if we have a superstar lead. I guess a resigned Gary Trent Jr can play that role, but we need to keep our powder dry for a true lead guy. Brandon Ingram is nice but he ain’t it.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#132 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:47 pm

When OG is healthy, we go into a game knowing the opponent's best scorer 2 through 4, sometimes even 1 through 5, will be held below his average. That's huge for a coach like Nurse. You don't trade that away.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,629

Post#133 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:05 pm

gp2015 wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Nope. The Pels benefit way more than we do in this deal. The simple fact that it comes with Adams is enough to remove both picks from the deal because he's a negative contract. Ingram isn't so much more valuable than OG that I even do the trade straight up. Idk if he ever becomes an efficient go to guy and his defense and passing aren't the greatest. A guy in the same tier I would be open to trading for is Jaylen Brown. Much high ceiling as a go to guy imo and a much better defender

The Celtics aren't trading Jaylen for OG. You have to be realistic. People talk like OG doesn't have any weaknesess himself.

Jaylen is a much better, more complete player than OG at this point in their careers.

It wouldn’t be the straight up trade. I’d rather trade that package with the picks and OG for Jaylen. Not for Ingram
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#134 » by gp2015 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:46 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

It wouldn’t be the straight up trade. I’d rather trade that package with the picks and OG for Jaylen. Not for Ingram

Doubt that package would get it done.

If I were the Celtics, I wouldn't do it.

I do agree that the package is an overpay for Ingram though.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#135 » by FreshyFlames » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:05 pm

Ingram doesn't past the eye test for me. Never been a fan of his game. Keep OG and make a big trade when a star becomes disgruntled like Kawhi
Raps in 6ix
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#136 » by Ackshun » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:42 pm

gp2015 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:Lakers fan were gushing at defensive potential. I wonder what happened? Maybe being asked to lead offensively was too much for him. Maybe it's because they aren't a very good team.

I wonder if it would improve under NN.

Realitsitcally, he's not any worse than a lot of the younger players that are asked to be the primary scorers on their team - Murray/Booker/Mitchell/Trae/Morant. The Pelicans are a very young team and need some solid veterans to surround him with.

He's still young, which means he can still get better and you can put some complementary players around them, just like Suns, Jazz, Nuggets do.

I woudn't trade OG for him but I would consider Pascal.

Yeah my thinking. Pascal would be my piece.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#137 » by Dalek » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:28 pm

FreshyFlames wrote:Ingram doesn't past the eye test for me. Never been a fan of his game. Keep OG and make a big trade when a star becomes disgruntled like Kawhi

I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#138 » by S.W.A.N » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:19 pm

Dalek wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:Ingram doesn't past the eye test for me. Never been a fan of his game. Keep OG and make a big trade when a star becomes disgruntled like Kawhi

I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.

Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.
If we were going to make a big move I'd rather trade Siakam and keep OG.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.
We the North
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#139 » by Rapsalot » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:26 pm

Pass.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#140 » by RapsFanInOhio » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:40 pm

Ingram’s being a little underrated in this thread, I think. He is and will be a better scorer throughout his career than OG - OG may never average 24 points a game over a full season and Ingram just did that two years in a row. He just has a natural flow to his offensive game that OG doesn’t have, and it’s not easy to develop either. It’s a skill set that OG has improved upon, but he’s not at Ingram’s level and probably won’t be as long as Ingram stays on the same trajectory.

Defensively, OG is better for certain. But Ingram isn’t crazy behind there, and will get better because of his natural length. He may never be as good of a defender as OG, though, and I can see how some people value that more.

The biggest reason that I think you have to consider something like this is because Ingram’s natural scoring ability is likely more important long-term than OG’s defense. The playoffs are about defense for sure - but everyone plays defense in the playoffs. In 2021 you really need someone who can just flat get a bucket. We don’t have that on this roster even though we’ve tried to force all of FVV, Siakam, Lowry, and even OG into that role. Ingram fixes that, and I don’t know that OG will ever be a guy who will be option A in the playoffs.

The reason why you can’t include the picks is because of Ingram’s health risk. That’s a huge thing, and at any given time he could be a Bosh who isn’t ever cleared medically. That’s the key issue.

I probably don’t trade two picks for him, but OG and say 7 or 8 in this draft for Ingram is something I would strongly consider.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig

Return to Toronto Raptors