ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (4.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

When did you join Tank World Order?

From day 1.
20%
After our 2-8 start.
26%
When Covid hit the team and we went on a huge losing streak.
38%
Never.
16%

Total votes: 194

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,493

Re: Tank World Order (4.0) 

Post#601 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:53 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:The Raptors literally showed up for basketball games and didn't forfeit them all. Therefore they weren't tanking. You can't disprove this.
Raps problem was that they started 5 players. Should've started 4.

You just have to check the gamelogs!

Post covid,
Lowry missed 19 of the Raps last 27 games. 70%!
FVV missed 15 of our last 33 games. 45%!!
OG missed 12 of our last 32 games. 38%!!!
Pascal missed 8 of our last 32. 25%!!!!

Can't believe we we missed the playoffs with that kind of push.
In April/May, Lowry, VV, OG all missed between 50-75% of the games played. Siakam missed a bunch as well. They didnt play full lineups. It's pretty obvious what they were doing, especially considering the players and Masai himself have acknowledged that they weren't trying to make the play-in.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#602 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:56 pm

We are dangerously close to someone advocating that the Raptors intentionally contracted Covid in order to tank this season.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,623

Post#603 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:01 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:We are dangerously close to someone advocating that the Raptors intentionally contracted Covid in order to tank this season.

Yes, that is definitely a very smart comment. So insightful!
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#604 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:07 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:We are dangerously close to someone advocating that the Raptors intentionally contracted Covid in order to tank this season.

Yes, that is definitely a very smart comment. So insightful!

I hate when people I block get quoted. Reading this crap kills my brain cells.

The blocking algorithm should carry over to quotations. I don't see why it doesn't.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,822

Post#605 » by Los_29 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:56 pm

I'll never get over the fact that there are some posters on here who think the Raptors beefed up their frontcourt by signing a 29 year old journeyman and a 23 year old, undrafted G-leaguer.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#606 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:20 pm

Los_29 wrote:I'll never get over the fact that there are some posters on here who think the Raptors beefed up their frontcourt by signing a 29 year old journeyman and a 23 year old, undrafted G-leaguer.

Or that the team was just supposed to waste the last 30 games of the season without actively trying to develop the young players, including Pascal and Fred learning how to play B2Bs, for next season. Or that the Raps were gonna give all the minutes at C to a player who won't be here next year. Or that it was accidental that roster adjustments from game to game always seemed to make us slightly less competitive than the opponent we were facing that night, whether it was Orlando or the Lakers.

Or that Raptors could have simply told the national networks and the advertisers "OK, nothing more to see here folks, move along!" as they proceed to get blown out in every game OKC-style.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#607 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:48 pm

Team mediocre advocating so hard for an equally mediocre “tank” job. :lol:
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,822

Post#608 » by Los_29 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:02 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:I'll never get over the fact that there are some posters on here who think the Raptors beefed up their frontcourt by signing a 29 year old journeyman and a 23 year old, undrafted G-leaguer.

Or that the team was just supposed to waste the last 30 games of the season without actively trying to develop the young players, including Pascal and Fred learning how to play B2Bs, for next season. Or that the Raps were gonna give all the minutes at C to a player who won't be here next year. Or that it was accidental that roster adjustments from game to game always seemed to make us slightly less competitive than the opponent we were facing that night, whether it was Orlando or the Lakers.

Or that Raptors could have simply told the national networks and the advertisers "OK, nothing more to see here folks, move along!" as they proceed to get blown out in every game OKC-style.

Yeah exactly,

And some of the rare posters who believe signing two fringe NBA players was proof that we didn't tank have yet to address the fact that all the teams below us made roster moves and many of the players they picked up off the wire or in trades ended up contributing significantly more than Birch and Gillespie.

It's actually comical at this point. Similar to Steelo and Pooh Jeter's posts in the past, we are going to be laughing at the absurdity of these posts in the future. It will be even more ridiculous in the future than it is now.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#609 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:05 pm

720 wrote:Team mediocre advocating so hard for an equally mediocre “tank” job.
7th overall with a 1/3 chance at a top 4 pick is mediocre? Their odds aren't much worse at a top 4 pick than OKC who apparently executed the perfect tank.

In order to compete with teams like HOU at the bottom, the Raps would've had to trade at least 3 of Lowry, VV, Siakam, OG at the start of the season.
RealGM

Post#610 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:18 pm

The same team mediocre that said this team is too good to not make the playoffs is now telling us it was impossible to lose 4-5 extra games without gutting the team. lol can't make this stuff up. :rofl2:
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#611 » by Steelo Green » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:21 pm

Raptors have a 7% shot at top pick to 11 for OKC.

Raptors have a 31% chance at a top 4 pick to OKCs 45%.

Not sure how that’s close. For the top pick you could argue but 4% isn’t insignificant but the top 4 which in such a strong draft at the top is miles ahead.

There was no tank job. Losing games when you tried to win is just a failed season. If 6 games left and you sit your guys, it’s not a tank. It’s accepting the writing on the wall.

OKC could have brought Shai back, literally said Horford will sit. That is tanking.

We had guys out due to injury and they came back during a win streak and tried to compete for the play in when no one would have batted an eye had they sat out all year.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#612 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:22 pm

720 wrote:The same team mediocre that said this team is too good to not make the playoffs is now telling us it was impossible to lose 4-5 extra games without gutting the team. lol can't make this stuff up. :rofl2:
Raptors finished 10 games ahead of the Rockets.

A 4 or 5 game difference still only takes them to 4/5th which still isn't a huge difference in the odds.
RealGM

Post#613 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:28 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
720 wrote:The same team mediocre that said this team is too good to not make the playoffs is now telling us it was impossible to lose 4-5 extra games without gutting the team. lol can't make this stuff up. :rofl2:

A 4 or 5 game difference still only takes them to 4/5th which still isn't a huge difference in the odds.

Imagine bringing up the rockets lol. "Still only takes them to 4/5th". Bro 4 or 5th gives us coin flip odds at the top 4. At the end of the day anything can happen in a lottery but it's up to the organization to lose as much as possible IF the goal is a top 4 pick.

Playing our starters 38 plus minutes, improving the rosters depth, not trading your best player who is expiring, not trading an older breakout player like Boucher is not tanking. Just because guys got injuries and had to rest doesn't offset these huge oversights in regards to a proper tank.

We're lucky to have 7th, I'm fine with it. But to suggest this was the best we could have done to drop in the standings is not accurate.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#614 » by Coco Costanza » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:32 pm

Steelo Green wrote:There was no tank job. Losing games when you tried to win is just a failed season. If 6 games left and you sit your guys, it’s not a tank. It’s accepting the writing on the wall.

The Raptors easily could have made a run for the playoffs if they really wanted to. If there was "writing on the wall", it was that they weren't going to advance past the first round, so they opted for a draft pick instead.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#615 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:36 pm

720 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Imagine bringing up the rockets lol. "Still only takes them to 4/5th". Bro 4 or 5th gives us coin flip odds at the top 4. At the end of the day anything can happen in a lottery but it's up to the organization to lose as much as possible IF the goal is a top 4 pick.

Playing our starters 38 plus minutes, improving the rosters depth, not trading your best player who is expiring, not trading an older breakout player like Boucher is not tanking. Just because guys got injuries and had to rest doesn't offset these huge oversights in regards to a proper tank.

We're lucky to have 7th, I'm fine with it. But to suggest this was the best we could have done to drop in the standings is not accurate.
My last word on this because facts don't seem to matter here, but all you need to do is look at the game logs. The Raps sat core players for a variety of reasons hard over the last 2 months of the year. Lowry, VV, OG missed between 50-75% of all the games played in April/May. Siakam missed a 1/4 of them. That's just reality.
RealGM

Post#616 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:36 pm

Coco Costanza wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:There was no tank job. Losing games when you tried to win is just a failed season. If 6 games left and you sit your guys, it’s not a tank. It’s accepting the writing on the wall.

The Raptors easily could have made a run for the playoffs if they really wanted to. If there was "writing on the wall", it was that they weren't going to advance past the first round, so they opted for a draft pick instead.

No they couldn't have. They wanted to, they sure tried which is what happened in that 8-5 stretch in early April. Then they finally started their hard part of the schedule and couldn't compete vs the good teams and then when it was mathematically impossible to be in the playin then they started playing the bench more (which we should have been doing after that horrid march stretch).
RealGM

Post#617 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:39 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
720 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Raptors finished 10 games ahead of the Rockets.

My last word on this because facts don't seem to matter here, but all you need to do is look at the game logs. The Raps sat core players for a variety of reasons hard over the last 2 months of the year. Lowry, VV, OG missed between 50-75% of all the games played in April/May. Siakam missed a 1/4 of them. That's just reality.
RealGM

Post#618 » by 720 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:41 pm

Oh these aren't your last words that's for sure. Every time I get on this tank thread it's just a bunch of team mediocre clowns (the same ones :lol: ) justifying this mediocre "tank" job.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#619 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:43 pm

The Lakers almost had one of the best tank jobs in league history, unfortunately they stupidly won the play in game.

LeBron missed 26 of their last 30 games. (87%)
AD missed 17 of the last 30 games. (57%)

Schroeder missed 7 games and Gasol even got held out of a bunch of games. People really think because they picked up a below average centre in the buyout market they were trying to win.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#620 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:43 pm

720 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
720 wrote:Imagine bringing up the rockets lol. "Still only takes them to 4/5th". Bro 4 or 5th gives us coin flip odds at the top 4. At the end of the day anything can happen in a lottery but it's up to the organization to lose as much as possible IF the goal is a top 4 pick.

There are actual quotes from Lowry and VV saying they're good to play but they're being sat out anyways.

Anyways, If you really believe that all these guys would've missed all these games if the Raps were sitting in the 4th seed instead then I I don't know what to tell you.

Return to Toronto Raptors