Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#221 » by Topofthekey » Tue May 25, 2021 12:35 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
he said something like: "statistically, he had a very good year."

Thanks, you're right. Might have just been that Brogdon had a fine enough year. :dontknow:

I think his reference to statistically or numbers or whatever exactly he said matters. I thought it hinted that the numbers were better than something else. not sure what. defense? leadership? on court team cohesion? maybe sort of if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

That's how I would interpret it

It sure sounds like he's saying there are some problems with Brogdon

I remember seeing this video shot by Brogdon of them pranking Cassius Stanley by filling his car with popcorn, like what players sometimes do to rookies

But what stood out to me was there wasn't a lot of the usual hysterical laughter that accompanies something like that. It was mostly Brogdon smiling and talking to the camera, and Cassius Stanley keeping quiet and looking upset. Maybe there's some kind of locker room issue going on and Brogdon is in the middle of it. Pure speculation on my part
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#222 » by Topofthekey » Tue May 25, 2021 12:36 am

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:I'm not sure LeVert qualifies as really good,

So you think a 25 point a game scorer is our weakest starter?

Sent from my phone.

Yes

He's so far a liability on defense

Also need to see whether he can sustain his offensive output over the course of an entire season
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#223 » by Wizop » Tue May 25, 2021 1:32 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:I'm not sure LeVert qualifies as really good,

So you think a 25 point a game scorer is our weakest starter?

Sent from my phone.

Yes

He's so far a liability on defense

Also need to see whether he can sustain his offensive output over the course of an entire season
Myles blocks shots. TJ gets steals. Otherwise our defense stunk. I'm unwilling to judge other individual defenders when there were so many scheme problems.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#224 » by Wizop » Wed May 26, 2021 2:40 am

Vogel has Lakers playing a big lineup. Deja vu.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#225 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM

Post#226 » by Wizop » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:45 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
I want him too.

Sent from my phone.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#227 » by boomershadow » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:30 am

Maybe Hayward to Indiana becoming possible again? I don't want Rozier, and they're not giving up Ball.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#228 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:36 am

boomershadow wrote:Maybe Hayward to Indiana becoming possible again? I don't want Rozier, and they're not giving up Ball.

If they renounce Monk, they’ve got the cap to do most anything. Bridges or Washington could work fiscally. Say Indy could get one of those two and the #11 pick, too? Hard to turn down.

Use 11 and 13 to trade up to maybe 6 and get best non super premiere prospect in the draft?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#229 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:34 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Use 11 and 13 to trade up to maybe 6 and get best non super premiere prospect in the draft?
I'm not a Hayward fan and I like our backcourt but the 6 would be nice. Is Barnes the best not top 5 guy on your board?

Sent from my phone.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 715

Post#230 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:49 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Use 11 and 13 to trade up to maybe 6 and get best non super premiere prospect in the draft?
I'm not a Hayward fan and I like our backcourt but the 6 would be nice. Is Barnes the best not top 5 guy on your board?

Sent from my phone.

I like Hayward’s game, but I’m not in on his unfortunate all to frequent injury problems. Pass. I like Bridges and Washington from Charlotte if we could pry them away reasonably.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#231 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Maybe? Hard to say this early, but at this point, sure. Could be that after combine and such that guys like Bouknight, Moody, or Keon Johnson show out well. Or, could always be that someone takes Barnes in the top 5, and a Kuminga, Green, or (less likely) Suggs falls to 6, so it’d be a great spot to be at, just in case.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#232 » by 8305 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 pm

Twolves love Myles? What would that look like?

Myles and pick 13 for Rubio and their pick (1-3)?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#233 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I like Hayward’s game, but I’m not in on his unfortunate all to frequent injury problems. Pass. I like Bridges and Washington from Charlotte if we could pry them away reasonably.

it's his contract that bothers me, not his game. I want our veteran starters to be on similar contracts. Warren is lower for a year giving us room for now, but if there is one star contract the guy would need to be the team leader. yesterday, Pritchard said they needed a stronger voice in the lockerroom. would Gordon be that?

I do like Charlottes 4's.

Boston is in the trade market too. I'm not a Kemba fan but Smart might be the voice Kevin wants.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#234 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:46 pm

you could also see what 11 gives you and if you are very happy answer calls to move the 13 down or into next year. the next big Texan could be at 11 and not 13. I say that thinking Kai is athletic enough to play the 4. if not, I'm not sure who is a top 4 other than Barnes and he didn't play 4 in college. I suppose I'd fall back on Wagner.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm

8305 wrote:Twolves love Myles? What would that look like?

Myles and pick 13 for Rubio and their pick (1-3)?

Oh, they’re not trading the pick if it ends up n the top 3 and nets them a possible future superstar. Minnesota is tough. They’d probably want to do something around either Rubio or Beasley and a future 1st (post draft, this deal could include the 2022 1st). They might try and pawn off Jarrett Culver as the main positive value, too, and to clear room under the tax, but we shouldn’t fall for that. The dream for them would be Rubio/Culver for Turner. We’d be fools to accept that, though, with how worthless Culver is offensively. He’s a great wing defender, but with his absolutely broken shot and offense, he’s borderline unusable completely without a full rebuild of his shot and confidence. They’re simply not dealing an Anthony Edwards, especially with the way he improved over the season.

Jaden McDaniels could be a value piece, though, would need more value with him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:I'm not a Hayward fan and I like our backcourt but the 6 would be nice. Is Barnes the best not top 5 guy on your board?

Sent from my phone.

it's his contract that bothers me, not his game. I want our veteran starters to be on similar contracts. Warren is lower for a year giving us room for now, but if there is one star contract the guy would need to be the team leader. yesterday, Pritchard said they needed a stronger voice in the lockerroom. would Gordon be that?

I do like Charlottes 4's.

Boston is in the trade market too. I'm not a Kemba fan but Smart might be the voice Kevin wants.

Gordon is universally referred to as a quiet guy in the locker room. He fits in, but he’s not a leader there.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#237 » by Tom White » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Gordon is universally referred to as a quiet guy in the locker room. He fits in, but he’s not a leader there.

He is also just another complementary player with an injury history that is beginning to rival War and Peace in its length. Not what this team needs, and not a difference maker even when healthy. I can't believe teams have been willing to pay his large contract knowing all that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#238 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Gordon is universally referred to as a quiet guy in the locker room. He fits in, but he’s not a leader there.

He is also just another complementary player with an injury history that is beginning to rival War and Peace in its length. Not what this team needs, and not a difference maker even when healthy. I can't believe teams have been willing to pay his large contract knowing all that.

He was a pretty big impact piece for Charlotte this year, and Boston last year. I wouldn’t diminish him that far. He still put up 20/6/4 this year on only 15 field goal attempts and 47/42/84 shooting splits while playing average to good defense on the wings. And he was clearly the highest impact player on a team that was headed for the playoffs when he was healthy, and collapsed down the stretch as he was injured.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#239 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:48 pm

I don't have Hayward nearly as good as others it seems, even with injuries aside. He's far closer to a $20m player and likely less with his injuries. Don't understand why any Pacer fan would want him unless we're being handsomely paid.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#240 » by Tom White » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:He still put up 20/6/4 this year on only 15 field goal attempts and 47/42/84 shooting splits while playing average to good defense on the wings.

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to pay a player $30 million a year, those stats don't look like value return to me. Then add that he can't seem to stay healthy (sound familiar with our roster?) and the value lessens even more. I really think if he did not have Hoosier state ties, we would be more likely to look at him as just another nice player, but nothing special.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just being a bit grumpy because I finally realized "I could have had a V-8" and am still working past that. :banghead: :lol:

Return to Indiana Pacers