WC | Rd. 2| (2) Suns vs (3) Nuggets [4-0 Suns]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Re: WC | Rd. 2| (2) Suns vs (3) Nuggets [2-0 Suns] 

Post#901 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 am

Malone is the same moron who had Jamal Murray on the floor at the end of a game which was out of reach with 50 seconds left in the 4th quarter. The nuggets are in this mess because of him. He's the weak link.. he was the weak link last season too. He should be fired on this alone.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#902 » by Hans1984 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Another boring blowout. This years playoffs are freaking AWFUL!
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Re: WC | Rd. 2| (2) Suns vs (3) Nuggets [1-0] 

Post#903 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Seattlesun wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Seattlesun wrote:Why can't I hear anything from all the people that picked Denver to win this series? Crickets.

Please keep doubting the Phoenix Suns.

We haven't won the series yet. No need for this

Its ok for my realgm bros to have the balls to come back in and say wow, I was wrong. The Suns are very good. But I like it, the more the Suns are doubted the better they seem to do.

To you Mr Mod: Sorry if I'm overly vindictive, its been a long 11 years bruh....

I'm saying that when I see the Nuggets lose on the home court, but even then you gotta remember that the Nuggets won vs Clippers without the home-court advantage, being down 3-1 last year. So I'll actually say I was wrong when the Nuggets lose the series completely, because if the Nuggets guards start hitting 3's, they have a decent chance of winning any game. I do admit that the Suns look like the better team right now, didn't think these first two games would go down this way.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,966

Post#904 » by Liam_Gallagher » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:03 pm

lol the Lakers would've dusted these Nuggets - team is terrible outside of Jokic. It's a shame AD got hurt.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,933

Post#905 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:08 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Seattlesun wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:We haven't won the series yet. No need for this

Its ok for my realgm bros to have the balls to come back in and say wow, I was wrong. The Suns are very good. But I like it, the more the Suns are doubted the better they seem to do.

To you Mr Mod: Sorry if I'm overly vindictive, its been a long 11 years bruh....

I'm saying that when I see the Nuggets lose on the home court, but even then you gotta remember that the Nuggets won vs Clippers without the home-court advantage, being down 3-1 last year. So I'll actually say I was wrong when the Nuggets lose the series completely, because if the Nuggets guards start hitting 3's, they have a decent chance of winning any game. I do admit that the Suns look like the better team right now, didn't think these first two games would go down this way.

One more thing. Last year in the first round against Utah, Denver lost game 2 by 19 and game 3 by 37!!! Then lost game 4 by 2, and then won 3 games in the row.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,933

Post#906 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:lol the Lakers would've dusted these Nuggets - team is terrible outside of Jokic. It's a shame AD got hurt.

It's a shame that Murray, MPJ, Dozier are hurt and Barton was out 6 weeks.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#907 » by Hans1984 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:58 pm

The Nuggets overcame Portland because the Blazers were playing zero defense. This series they are going up against a better defense and the absence of Murray is really showing. I like Campazzo and the way hes playing. Good playmaking, smart passes and some scoring here and there. Unfortunately hes undersized and he just isn't Jamal Murray.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#908 » by LV-Suns » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:lol the Lakers would've dusted these Nuggets - team is terrible outside of Jokic. It's a shame AD got hurt.

It's a shame that Murray, MPJ, Dozier are hurt and Barton was out 6 weeks.

Don't you know, only the Lakers injuries counts.
I Dont wanna be here
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#909 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm

You haven't exactly been Nostradamus-esque with your predictions thus far though:

Liam_Gallagher wrote:I think people are underrating how shook the Suns looked at the end of game 4 as the Lakers were basically scrambling lineups together after the sudden loss of AD. They’ll be more prepared next game without him.

I’ll tell you this right now. Phoenix does NOT want King James in a game 7. I repeat. They DO NOT want The Chosen One in an elimination game with choker Paul on the other end.

So let's maybe stick to facts instead of hypotheticals? And a fact is that we don't know how the Lakers would have done against these Nuggets because LAL couldn't get passed the Suns in the round and (unlike the Lakers) the Nuggets are not a play-in team so they wouldn't have faced them there either.
Spoiler:
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,612

Post#910 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:25 pm

First he broke up Oasis, now he is trying to piss on other teams while being out.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G780F mit Tapatalk
free steve nash!
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#911 » by iamworthy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:27 pm

The sun's are playing with an intensity that the Lakers never showed thoughout the year. Denver's best player doesn't look interested in this series right now.
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 636

Post#912 » by tsirigoj » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Would have been a better series if Nuggets were at full strength (and Suns probably don't make it this far if AD is healthy, let alone LBJ at full strength), but still, these Suns are so impressive to me. CP3 is such a world class leader, they are playing great team ball, team defense, no mega egos (though a lot of trash talkers -- which I kinda like), and are well coached.

I'm impressed by these Suns, and we need to take more seriously the prospect that they can win this whole thing.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Post#913 » by spanishninja » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:56 pm

tsirigoj wrote:Would have been a better series if Nuggets were at full strength (and Suns probably don't make it this far if AD is healthy, let alone LBJ at full strength), but still, these Suns are so impressive to me. CP3 is such a world class leader, they are playing great team ball, team defense, no mega egos (though a lot of trash talkers -- which I kinda like), and are well coached.

I'm impressed by these Suns, and we need to take more seriously the prospect that they can win this whole thing.

one underrated aspect of this was how well this team was put together (same with Utah). Character guys with winning mentality. Guys like Torrey Craig and Cam Payne are making meaningful contributions despite being relatively inexperienced. By the way, can we stop with the "inexperienced" narrative with the Suns, since it clearly doesn't matter when you have a leader like CP3?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#914 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i wonder how much better mpj would look on a real diet not that vegan nonsense

CP3 went Vegan too the summer before his season with OKC.

touche

do you think it's helping him at all? maybe he says it does but he seems as good as he's always been.

Well a lot of credit was given that he had his first injury free season all year last year and then this year as well, until games 1-3 of the first round (of course...Suns luck). He only missed 2 games this year and last after missing 24 each of the previous 2 years and 29 combined the 2 years before that.
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 636

Post#915 » by tsirigoj » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 pm

spanishninja wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:Would have been a better series if Nuggets were at full strength (and Suns probably don't make it this far if AD is healthy, let alone LBJ at full strength), but still, these Suns are so impressive to me. CP3 is such a world class leader, they are playing great team ball, team defense, no mega egos (though a lot of trash talkers -- which I kinda like), and are well coached.

one underrated aspect of this was how well this team was put together (same with Utah). Character guys with winning mentality. Guys like Torrey Craig and Cam Payne are making meaningful contributions despite being relatively inexperienced. By the way, can we stop with the "inexperienced" narrative with the Suns, since it clearly doesn't matter when you have a leader like CP3?

CP3 is earning his "Point God" nickname night in and night out. On paper, when the Suns acquired CP3, my thoughts were "treadmill, low seed team, not where you want to end up with CP3's credentials." On paper, the Suns shouldn't be as impressive as they are, but as you said, this team just all works together so well, everyone is bringing out the best from each other.

Also, DeAndre Ayton is making me withdraw the prescription of 'bust' I have given him. I doubt he'll reach that Luka level, but he's really earning back that #1 draft pick respect from me.

Lastly, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm getting more Kobe vibes out of Book than I am Tatum. I see more T-Mac in Tatum than Kobe.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#916 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:01 pm

Wolfy1983 wrote:Not a fan of those Suns Jerseys. Wish they would go back to the Barkley Suns jerseys instead.

Second time I've heard this. This is somewhat surprising. In an earlier thread this year this was voted as favorite jersey in the NBA.

Suns fans always thought a Suns jersey with a sunset of purple at the top fading to black at top but fading to orange near the mountain..a good use of the purple and jerseys. I would probably prefer it say "Valley of the Sun(s)" though since Phx has been called that forever and not just "The Valley".
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#917 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm

insomniac00 wrote:
PlatinumState wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:Not a fan of those Suns Jerseys. Wish they would go back to the Barkley Suns jerseys instead.

Youre the first person I've seen thats not a fan of the Valley jerseys

I actually agree with him. The 90s sunburst jerseys were the best. The Valley ones aren't ugly, but they don't look like the Suns. The team's colors are purple and orange, but the current braintrust is obsessed with black.

When they show shots of the Suns crowd you see tons of people wearing the 90s stuff despite those being several iterations ago. It's what fans really want.

I liked those, but I think they are overrated due to those being the Barkley/KJ years and success. I prefer the vintage purple ones. And the white ones. There are a few others...some more recent white ones..I do like the purple ones this year too. Seems like they are wearing the black ones a lot lately, but perhaps they are bringing us luck.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#918 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:Congratulations to Suns for the way they played and won both games. Good for you that CP3 is healthy. Mikal Bridges was pleasant surprise for me, he basicity turned over game one singlehandedly, CP3 and Book took over from there. Cam Payne was really good to. The others CP3, Ayton, Book are who I thought they are and Crowder showed again his worth.
As for the Nuggets with MPJ in this condition this doesn't look good. It is not just his shooting it is the way he is moving. He is not a good defender as we all know but not this bad. Anyway don't be surprised in confidence we show on this board because you can never count Nuggets team with Jokic out, that is as sure thing as death and taxes.

I will never count the Nuggets out. While I don't expect them to win...too many injuries which I feel for you as a Suns fan having that kind of luck over the years (Joe Johnson in 2005 WCF, KJ in 1989 WCF and 2003 playoff run, Amare out in 2006 as well as someone else, suspensions in Spurs semifinal to Amare/Diaw in 2007 Divisional finals as well as a Nash bloody nose at the end of a tight game they couldn't stop so he couldn't return, etc)...

But at least you know it's not due to lack of talent, getting to the 3 seed without Murray for so long. People talking rebuild, etc...is kind of laughable...a young up n coming talent like Porter...like Ayton who is progressing more and more each year (same draft class), Porter came in with a big injury and barely played as a rookie...and wasn't as involved much of last year. Murray out. Gordon being integrated. Barton out for awhile. Etc. They've been my favorite WCF team (non-Suns) for the last few years so if Suns were not there I'd feel it was very unfortunate, so I won't be talking any trash like some fellow Suns fans, as I understand playoff injury frustration while the other team is at full health.
Seattlesun
Head Coach
And1: 359

Post#919 » by Seattlesun » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:12 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Seattlesun wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:We haven't won the series yet. No need for this

Fair enough. I’ll look forward to your final synopsis after Sunday’s game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#920 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Hans1984 wrote:Another boring blowout. This years playoffs are freaking AWFUL!

Clippers series have been good. Won 3 games in Dallas while Dallas won 3 there and nearly beat Utah in Utah.

Return to The General Board