ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (4.0)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

When did you join Tank World Order?

From day 1.
20%
After our 2-8 start.
26%
When Covid hit the team and we went on a huge losing streak.
38%
Never.
16%

Total votes: 194

Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Re: Tank World Order (4.0) 

Post#661 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:It is odd that the side which tends to constantly respond with vitriol seem to believe they are positive and happy go lucky.

Realism is now associated with negativity and correlated with personal enjoyment.

We can go through all the posts and see who is using the personal attacks and it will be surprisingly those who claim "happy".

I mean, certain posters in here questioned others mental health and to medicate themselves, but hey, they are the "happy" and "positive" ones.

Those who throw stones :P

That's what you call it? Realism? :lol:

Well many people said this team would take a pretty big step back and were attacked, and in the end that is exactly what happened.

So instead of seeing it as rainbows and butterflies, it was just seeing this team for what it is. Not sure why anger is thought to be associated with calling a spade a spade.

People are claiming it was COVID and injuries as the big reason why, but I anticipate more of the same next year with Kyle either gone or just aging more. The true catalyst of our 50 win seasons for 7 years.

Our top two guys are below average league efficiency, we took a pretty large step back on D with Gasol, who himself also fell off.

This team is mediocrity personified. It was already proven last year, but with the COVID and injury excuses, it may take a second season before people see what this team is and switch sides.

But yes - calling this team mediocre means I am so angry :lol:

It's one thing to think we'll take a step back but it's another to act like it was for sure happening. We all know that wasn't the initial intent of the Raptors. So for you to sit here and act like it was always going to happen is an issue because the Raptors organization is definitely better at evaluating their own team than you lol.

The other issue is that a lot of posts come out as "X, Y, Z is happening for sure." In reality, we all don't truly know and stating opinions AS facts shows alot of peoples agendas, bias and gimmicks on this forum.

But whatever, you don't get it so lets just stop the conversation regarding it here.
Yeezy SZN approaching
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#662 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm

If you think this is simply about lottery odds you're being short sighted.

Norman Powell was being pursued by half the league and was the Raptors best trade asset and he was cashed in for a limited player who is about to get paid as a RFA. Reggie Bullock had a better season than GTJ and he was signed to a 2/8.2M deal with a partial guarantee next year.

Instead of taking Maxey and draft compensation the Raptors stood pat on a Lowry deal and now he is either re-signed to a bloated contract or leaves for nothing. There isn't a single historical example of a player like Lowry (his age/position/role) that has ever returned anything meaningful in a S&T.

Chris Boucher was one of the leading candidates for 6th man of the year and was shooting unsustainable percentages and wasn't dealt.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people are only thinking short term.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#663 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:That's what you call it? Realism? :lol:

Well many people said this team would take a pretty big step back and were attacked, and in the end that is exactly what happened.

So instead of seeing it as rainbows and butterflies, it was just seeing this team for what it is. Not sure why anger is thought to be associated with calling a spade a spade.

People are claiming it was COVID and injuries as the big reason why, but I anticipate more of the same next year with Kyle either gone or just aging more. The true catalyst of our 50 win seasons for 7 years.

Our top two guys are below average league efficiency, we took a pretty large step back on D with Gasol, who himself also fell off.

This team is mediocrity personified. It was already proven last year, but with the COVID and injury excuses, it may take a second season before people see what this team is and switch sides.

No, this started back last playoffs when many of you even predicted we would even lose to Brooklyn.

Then after many of you were saying that the Cavaliers, the Magic, the Celtics and other teams etc. had a way better long-term future compared to us. I remember when the Cavaliers got to a hot start some of you were acting like they were the next great young core of the league.

This was a weird year. The Lakers nearly lost in the play-in. Boston had a very up and down year. The Heat got swept in the 1st round. Indiana, who were great last year, did pretty bad as well.

The lack of home court, teams getting hit by Covid, injuries etc. all played a pretty big role in skewing the standings this season. Just like we saw in the bubble when some teams (like the Clippers) or players (Siakam, Lou Williams etc.) showed up out of shape. The Heat were not a real contender, for example.

No one predicted Brooklyn would win, let alone "many of you."

You have a history of lying ranging from Jimmy Butler's age to the amount of games Lowry and Kawhi played together.

We can disagree, but there is absolutely no need to outright lie it creates a toxic environment here.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#664 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Well many people said this team would take a pretty big step back and were attacked, and in the end that is exactly what happened.

No, this started back last playoffs when many of you even predicted we would even lose to Brooklyn.

Then after many of you were saying that the Cavaliers, the Magic, the Celtics and other teams etc. had a way better long-term future compared to us. I remember when the Cavaliers got to a hot start some of you were acting like they were the next great young core of the league.

This was a weird year. The Lakers nearly lost in the play-in. Boston had a very up and down year. The Heat got swept in the 1st round. Indiana, who were great last year, did pretty bad as well.

The lack of home court, teams getting hit by Covid, injuries etc. all played a pretty big role in skewing the standings this season. Just like we saw in the bubble when some teams (like the Clippers) or players (Siakam, Lou Williams etc.) showed up out of shape. The Heat were not a real contender, for example.

You have a history of lying ranging from Jimmy Butler's age to the amount of games Lowry and Kawhi played together.

We can disagree, but there is absolutely no need to outright lie it creates a toxic environment here.

Pooh, this was you claiming the series will go to 7 and you wouldn't be surprised if they win. You also said LeVert would be the best player in the series.

Nets will take us to 7 and I wouldn't be surprised if they win. LeVert is the best player in the series and has completely recovered from his injury troubles. Jarrett Allen is a monster on the offensive glass and they have a ton of shooting. Raptors have basically shut it down since getting absolutely destroyed by the Celtics. Justin Anderson is a low key wild card, spent time with Raptors 905 and knows out team and system. He allows them to play some funky small ball lineups and wouldn't be surprised if he locks up Siakam.

Gasol is excellent in terms of post defense, but Allen isn't a guy they use for that, he is a rim runner and rebounder and his activity will give Gasol trouble.

I don't think the Raptors scoring depth is much better than the Nets and frankly they are locked in much more than our guys right now. They have nothing to lose while the Raptors have first game anxiety.

Then Steelo came in and he said this:

No one wants to hear the truth.

Demar is better than Pascal, Harris is better than Fred.

We lose in 5 to the Nets, fraud ass squad.

Even more strange with both of your predictions - it seemed like you two were both hoping the Raptors would lose just to validate your erroneous predictions - which is a bit sad.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#665 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Saying the series will be close isn't predicting a Nets win. That you have routinely gone through my post history is bad enough, but to outright lie about what you found is truly troubling.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Post#666 » by Steelo Green » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Strange, people are getting into predictions whereas they themselves lied about history (No team has won with their own lottery pick in the last twenty years!).

Predictions - it's a forum, everyone has good and bad ones, downright falsehoods (Jimmy's age, who won titles, changing of factual history) is a bit different.

If resentment is made via one prediction, how about the others of the Raptors being mediocre this year? Atlanta improving? Boston losing and Fred and Pascal being shown for what they are as players?

Shall we tally a correct and incorrect predictions thread?

I much prefer the lying about factual history.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#667 » by Jerry Lucas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:That's what you call it? Realism? :lol:

It's one thing to think we'll take a step back but it's another to act like it was for sure happening. We all know that wasn't the initial intent of the Raptors. So for you to sit here and act like it was always going to happen is an issue because the Raptors organization is definitely better at evaluating their own team than you lol.

The other issue is that a lot of posts come out as "X, Y, Z is happening for sure." In reality, we all don't truly know and stating opinions AS facts shows alot of peoples agendas, bias and gimmicks on this forum.

But whatever, you don't get it so lets just stop the conversation regarding it here.

There was one clear sign that this team was going to take a step back and many people ignored it. You really thought that going from Gasol/Ibaka to Baynes/Boucher didn't make it clear enough that this team was going to take a step back? Tbf I find that pretty hard to believe because Baynes' success throughout his career was always off the bench. The Raps were just gonna throw him into a starting role at age 34 and it was magically going to work this one time? Nothing against Boucher but filling the shoes of Ibaka as our bench C? Cmon now lol, Boucher didn't even end up sticking at C because he's more effective at PF even in small ball scenarios.

Maybe the fallacy of assuming Masai always knows better is what led to the blind trust in Baynes/Boucher. I mean, you even said it yourself: "So for you to sit here and act like it was always going to happen is an issue because the Raptors organization is definitely better at evaluating their own team than you lol." Just because the team is better at evaluating talent than the fans, does not mean we as fans could not ask serious questions about a drop off from Gasol/Ibaka to Baynes/Boucher. Masai isn't perfect, and even he admitted in his season ending presser that he didn't handle the C situation properly.

Also, acting on a message board like something is for sure happening is mostly hyperbole for being very sure it is going to happen. What even is a message board without bold takes lmao?
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#668 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:If you think this is simply about lottery odds you're being short sighted.

Norman Powell was being pursued by half the league and was the Raptors best trade asset and he was cashed in for a limited player who is about to get paid as a RFA. Reggie Bullock had a better season than GTJ and he was signed to a 2/8.2M deal with a partial guarantee next year.

Instead of taking Maxey and draft compensation the Raptors stood pat on a Lowry deal and now he is either re-signed to a bloated contract or leaves for nothing. There isn't a single historical example of a player like Lowry (his age/position/role) that has ever returned anything meaningful in a S&T.

Chris Boucher was one of the leading candidates for 6th man of the year and was shooting unsustainable percentages and wasn't dealt.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people are only thinking short term.

You think everyone (or a lot) is thinking short term do you?

That's what you get out of the responses?
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#669 » by redeye514 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:Nets will take us to 7 and I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

Lol, take the L Pooh.

Ya'll TWO folk trying to claim some sort of W in this thread are hilarious. Reminds me of stock analysts who screams at people 'the markets are going to correct, sell! the markets are going to correct, sell!', and then proceeds to watch 5 years of straight appreciation... and then, when there finally is a minor correction down the road, have the audacity to say 'I told you so, I was right all along!'. Just stop, ya'll aren't revolutionary in your ideas.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,404

Post#670 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:08 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:I find it hilarious that some people that almost never make positive or happy posts are trying to claim ownership of positive or happy, or inferring to people which parts of their teams fortunes they are allowed to cheer for.

Can't wait to move up g win that 5th pick myself.

You are definitely a member of team compete AND team fun. Welcome?!!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#671 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:I find it hilarious that some people that almost never make positive or happy posts are trying to claim ownership of positive or happy, or inferring to people which parts of their teams fortunes they are allowed to cheer for.

You have no idea what I think very obviously. Hardly shocking.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,404

Post#672 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Do you not believe in the concept of winning culture, friend?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#673 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:20 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Do you not believe in the concept of winning culture, friend?

Of course I do honeybunch. Do you beleive that means you are pigeon holed into a box that says you can't tank the second half of the season? Or.... if you would like, maybe you can just cut to the end and tell us you're smarter than most people here, I would like that and would be very interested in hearing more of your black and white opinions.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#674 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Steelo Green wrote:Strange, people are getting into predictions whereas they themselves lied about history (No team has won with their own lottery pick in the last twenty years!).

Predictions - it's a forum, everyone has good and bad ones, downright falsehoods (Jimmy's age, who won titles, changing of factual history) is a bit different.

If resentment is made via one prediction, how about the others of the Raptors being mediocre this year? Atlanta improving? Boston losing and Fred and Pascal being shown for what they are as players?

Shall we tally a correct and incorrect predictions thread?

I much prefer the lying about factual history.

1) The thread clearly stipulated that only two teams have won with their own top 3 pick since the 1990 draft. That's a fact. You still havn't presented evidence otherwise.

Here is the thread title:
Only Two NBA Teams Have Won a Chip With Their Own Top 3 Pick Since the 1990 Draft

See what you do: You change the title of my thread and then say I said no team with their own LOTTERY PICK has won in the last 20 years. How can we have a reasonable debate if you just make of stuff like that?

Please explain why you made up a thread title I never said. Weird that you do that and cry to gain sympathy from others.

2) Sure, people make false predictions all the time. However, TWO can never ever accept they are wrong. Even when the evidence is presented right in their face, they still deny it ever happened.

3) Sure, go present all my false predictions/statements and let's compare. Go ahead, I'll be waiting. If I was wrong about something I'll admit I'm wrong. You and1 me predicting we would beat Boston in 6. I also said in that thread that Boston has a legit shot to beat us.

Not necessarily worried about them, but it will be a close series and they have a shot to beat us.

Was this your "gotcha moment"?

The difference is here you and Pooh literally were hoping we would lose against Brooklyn and Boston just to validate your predictions. It's like you can't even enjoy the team unless the team directly adheres to your narrative of tanking to hopefully get a top 5 MVP caliber player.

4) I also like the fact you need to passive aggressively refer to me without directly addressing me. Why not address me head on? Also why do you erroneously make up that I'm the same as another poster simply because we disagree with you? I'm not the one perpetuating baseless conspiracies.

So you make up conspiracies, make up thread titles I didn't say, and have the audacity to not even address me head on. Then you play the victim and act like we are "mean" to you.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#675 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:Saying the series will be close isn't predicting a Nets win. That you have routinely gone through my post history is bad enough, but to outright lie about what you found is truly troubling.

Predicting a 7th seed without their best two players would beat us and make it a close best of 7 series and possibly beat us was extremely strange. You have to admit that.

134-110
104-99
117-92
150-22

Yeah it wasn't close.

More sad is in that thread it seemed like you hoped we would lose.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,331

Post#676 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Well many people said this team would take a pretty big step back and were attacked, and in the end that is exactly what happened.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1983573&start=80
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#677 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:35 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:Saying the series will be close isn't predicting a Nets win. That you have routinely gone through my post history is bad enough, but to outright lie about what you found is truly troubling.

Predicting a 7th seed without their best two players would beat us and make it a close best of 7 series and possibly beat us was extremely strange. You have to admit that.

134-110
104-99
117-92
150-22

Yeah it wasn't close.

So you exposed your own lie about me predicting the Nets would win the series, yet you repeat it again just a few posts later? There is no need for me to engage further with someone who is willing to stoop to this level.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#678 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

134-110
104-99
117-92
150-22

Yeah it wasn't close.

So you exposed your own lie about me predicting the Nets would win the series, yet you repeat it again just a few posts later? There is no need for me to engage further with someone who is willing to stoop to this level.

Saying it will go to 7 and wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win, lol.

Then saying Levert is easily the best player in the series.

Seriously, dude? Still going to play this game. You said the Nets could win. You said it would go to 7 despite them missing Kyrie and Dinwiddie.

This is some weird mental gymnastics.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#679 » by Los_29 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:33 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

134-110
104-99
117-92
150-22

Yeah it wasn't close.

Seriously, dude? Still going to play this game. You said the Nets could win. You said it would go to 7 despite them missing Kyrie and Dinwiddie.

Don't forget about them saying Paul Watson is better than OG and Norm in late 2020.

And the saying "even a broken clock is right twice a day" really applies to Steelo and Pooh.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#680 » by GordanFreeman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 am

Danny1616 wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

134-110
104-99
117-92
150-22

Yeah it wasn't close.

Just put him and that other jackass on ignore already. They're trolls, don't waste your energy on them.

Return to Toronto Raptors