ImageImageImageImageImage

Where he go? KLOE

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Where does Kyle Lowry end up next season?

He stay (on the Raps of course)
47%
Knicks
2%
Clippers
5%
Philly
18%
Lakers
7%
Heat
16%
Mavs
5%
Other (Explain)
No votes

Total votes: 111

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,494

Re: Where he go? KLOE 

Post#21 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:49 am

He's going to re-sign with Toronto, get his money and send off and then he will be traded at the deadline.
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Post#22 » by Preliudas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 am

He'll re-sign with Toronto and then will be traded to either Philly or Heat
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#23 » by RalphWiggum » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm

We'll give him two years 32 million. Nobody else will come close to that. He might leave 5 million on the table, he's not leaving 15. He stays.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#24 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:We'll give him two years 32 million. Nobody else will come close to that. He might leave 5 million on the table, he's not leaving 15. He stays.

Danny Green and Maxey are 18 mil so I think KL can get 18 mil multi year by going home. Maybe there are a couple second rounders in there as well for the Raps. Green would not be a starter but would be a trade chip if there was a deal for a star.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#25 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:10 pm

agkagk wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:He is going to re-sign in Toronto for 50m.

And what, buy a new house?

Dude ain’t planning on returning to Canada

Cash is king. There is no other team that is willing or able to pay him what the Raptors will.

I'm pretty sure a guy with his bank account will have no qualms either buying or renting another house.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,029

Post#26 » by ItsDanger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Its time for others to take over leadership of this team. It would be a mistake to retain him. Especially with a high lottery pick arriving. If we draft a SG, you're basically banishing him to the bench for 2 years? I'd bet he's not coming back, it doesn't even make sense with the roster makeup.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,229

Post#27 » by Childs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Preliudas wrote:He'll re-sign with Toronto and then will be traded to either Philly or Heat

I'm expecting this to keep happening 5 years later.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#28 » by canz55 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Its too early to ask this question because we don't have a firm draft position yet.

I'm of the mind that Masai's contract talks and the draft will dictate everything going forward - particularly Lowry's future.
ImageWe the Champs...
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#29 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:34 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
RalphWiggum wrote:We'll give him two years 32 million. Nobody else will come close to that. He might leave 5 million on the table, he's not leaving 15. He stays.

Danny Green and Maxey are 18 mil so I think KL can get 18 mil multi year by going home. Maybe there are a couple second rounders in there as well for the Raps. Green would not be a starter but would be a trade chip if there was a deal for a star.

Danny's a UFA this summer. How does he figure into this?

As I said above, I don't think the Sixers have the assets to ship back and balance Kyle's new salary, AND stay under the hard cap. OK, George Hill's $10,047,297 contract next year is $1,275,491 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on August 3. But doesn't it have to be fully guaranteed to be salary ballast in a trade? Do the Raps want to pay Hill >10 mill next season, just for the privilege of trading Kyle to a division rival?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,778

Post#30 » by Zeno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:39 pm

I also think he resigns in Toronto and the over 38 rule comes into play. This I believe says that a 4 year deal extending past a player's 38th birthday only goes over 4 cap years for the team resigning the free agent. So if we give Lowry a 4 year deal decending by 8% in value, another team would need to add that to their capsheet over the next 3 years even if it is also a 4 year deal. So let's say we offer 4 year/64ish million (18,16.5,15.2,14) with a partial guarantee on the final year another team would need to do that capwise at 3/64 to match. If he declines horribly by the 3rd year his very stretchable over 3 or 5 year and because of the the partial guarantee.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,760

Post#31 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:He's going to re-sign with Toronto, get his money and send off and then he will be traded at the deadline.

Not for 2/50 he's not. I suspect just run into the same salary match and cap/tax problem if you're the buyer, and there's little to get back if you're the seller.

I'm sure Lowry doesn't know where he will end up right now.

I would just let him walk. Keeping his cap hold kills all cap space so if you're going to keep him it better be at a discount and you better know going into free agency. But Lowry isn't going to let you know that, he's going to see if the Knicks or SAS will sign him for more.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,494

Post#32 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:He's going to re-sign with Toronto, get his money and send off and then he will be traded at the deadline.

Not for 2/50 he's not. I suspect just run into the same salary match and cap/tax problem if you're the buyer, and there's little to get back if you're the seller.

I'm sure Lowry doesn't know where he will end up right now.

I would just let him walk. Keeping his cap hold kills all cap space so if you're going to keep him it better be at a discount and you better know going into free agency. But Lowry isn't going to let you know that, he's going to see if the Knicks or SAS will sign him for more.
I think it will be a 1+1 at a big year 1 salary.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#33 » by agkagk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:14 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:Based on lack of trade market interest and his past free agencies I don’t think there will be many suitors willing to pay the high price tag Kyle is seeking.

Not surprised if he re-signs here but I’m ready to move on from the Kyle era as well. If we end up with a top 4 pick I would like us to re-sign him to help mentor the rookie while also giving the option to trade Kyle/Fred down the road.

MasaI basically signed off on his trade market devolving into a form of sponsored tampering. We served the coffee.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#34 » by alpngso » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

i think in the end he’ll stay if Raps end up not drafting a pg in the draft
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#35 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 pm

35 years old.

His defense has gotten a bit worse.

I love Kyle, he's the GROAT, he's a hall of famer, but might be best now to move on.

Kyle imo should sign with Philly, a contender that's also his home town. He'd fit nicely alongside Simmons and Embiid.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,760

Post#36 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Danny1616 wrote:35 years old.

I love Kyle, he's the GROAT, he's a hall of famer, but might be best now to move on.

Kyle imo should sign with Philly, a contender that's also his home town. He'd fit nicely alongside Simmons and Embiid.

No cap space, still a tough S+T at 25 per looking at their cap sheet. He takes either money or winning but not both I think. Maybe someone gets really creative.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#37 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:11 pm

I’m not sure I understand all these Kyle fatigue posts that I see on here. Never has he been an impediment to team culture or growth the entire time he’s been here either on or off the court. After this season this over we won’t have any 30 plus players on this team. Kyle still brings a ton of leadership and mentoring to this young team which is about to get younger with 3 picks in this draft. Best thing to do would be to resign him at 20M per year for two years and see who bites at the trade deadline because all the restrictive S&T rules won’t apply
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#38 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:

I’m not sure I understand all these Kyle fatigue posts that I see on here. Never has he been an impediment to team culture or growth the entire time he’s been here either on or off the court. After this season this over we won’t have any 30 plus players on this team. Kyle still brings a ton of leadership and mentoring to this young team which is about to get younger with 3 picks in this draft. Best thing to do would be to resign him at 20M per year for two years and see who bites at the trade deadline because all the restrictive S&T rules won’t apply

Nothing against him.

He's my favorite player of all time. He's the main reason we've been a great team for the past 7 years.

But objectively speaking his defense did drop off last season and he will be 36 years old next year. I also think that without a great front court, him and Fred aren't necessarily the best duo together. It worked with Gasol and Ibaka holding down the fort, but not sure it's a great permanent starting line-up backcourt.

If Lowry decides to take the back up role as a veteran/mentor for our young guys I'd be all for it.

I'm also not opposed to what you said. Keeping him and seeing how we do and at the deadline can do something.
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#39 » by goinrogue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 pm

I’m surprised Miami doesn’t have more votes. He’s really good friends with Jimmy Butler so it makes sense. Plus they can sign him out right without giving up any assets.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#40 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:50 pm

If he stays, it probably makes Fred a trade piece. Flynn makes his role redundant at a far cheaper price.

Return to Toronto Raptors