ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Next season dates back to normal.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Re: Shams: Next season dates back to normal. 

Post#21 » by Danny1616 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:48 pm

Excellent.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Post#22 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:52 pm

I hope there plans to end the play in tournament and reduction in games played to 72
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,545

Post#23 » by 2019nbachamps » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:11 am

Another benefit of our tank is more rest going into the new season. We’ll be back in Toronto by the fall. The feds are already starting to loosen travel restrictions. Worst case scenario they’ll tell the Raptors and visiting teams to isolate themselves from the public.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#24 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:54 am

2019nbachamps wrote:Another benefit of our tank is more rest going into the new season. Wece’ll be back in Toronto by the fall. The feds are already starting to loosen travel restrictions. Worst case scenario they’ll tell the Raptors and visiting teams to isolate themselves from the public.

Or maybe they will reinvent the disaster that is Home for Mom. The scamming of people's savings and feeding them vacuum pack freezer burn. It and fixing Air Canada our national transportation scam. All could easily replace people whining about their minor lifestyle inconveniences of the inconsistent kneejerk podium protocols brought to us by the Knights of Provincial.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,433

Post#25 » by KL78192020 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:I hope there plans to end the play in tournament and reduction in games played to 72

With rest these days, guys will end up playing 70 games or so. 82 games is a good amount because the actual games played is lower for star players. Even in a 72 game season they would end up playing 60. Plus more money so never gona happen.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#26 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 am

Badonkadonk wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:Hope we're not going back to lockdown in Oct.

I'm optimistic, Canada is now neck-and-neck with Israel as the global leader in 1st doses administered and we have an insane amount of supply rolling in over June and July for 2nd doses now that Moderna shipments have joined Pfizer in full swing. All of my kids' teachers that I've spoken to fully expect to be in class in September being fully vaccinated, and I know my kids will have plenty of time to get their 2nds by that time too.

There should be zero excuses.

Looks like Canada has far fewer nutbag conspiracy theorists who believe that vaccines contain metal and cause one to be magnetic.

Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#27 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:02 am

Yeah may be a blessing being out of the playoffs, as far as rest during another short off season. And hopefully the Jays already pave the way for the Raps. Also there will be pressure to get the NHL back to normal too.

But even if the Raps get back into Scotiabank, what about crowds? I bet we have limited attendance at first. Meanwhile the Bucks have a Jurassic park thing happening outside their arena tonight. It's like living in a parallel reality, living here and watching the US back to practically normal.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,631

Post#28 » by C_Money » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:I hope there plans to end the play in tournament and reduction in games played to 72

I don’t understand this line of thinking. As a fan why do you want less games in a season?
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,746

Post#29 » by And1Skip » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Yeah may be a blessing being out of the playoffs, as far as rest during another short off season. And hopefully the Jays already pave the way for the Raps. Also there will be pressure to get the NHL back to normal too.

But even if the Raps get back into Scotiabank, what about crowds? I bet we have limited attendance at first. Meanwhile the Bucks have a Jurassic park thing happening outside their arena tonight. It's like living in a parallel reality, living here and watching the US back to practically normal.

Wisconsin is only 52% at least first dose vaccinated (46% fully) and only about 130 cases per day (for 5.8m ppl, so to compre to Ontario is equivalent to 300 cases). Canada is like 62% first dose vaccinated now and by October will probably be over 70% fully vaccinated...if they have limited seating then, I don't know what to say.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#30 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:45 am

[instagram][/instagram]
alienchild wrote:
Read on Twitter

My wish list:
  • Shorten season to 80.
  • Start season from Dec 1 (goes until May)
  • Launch NBA season ending bonanza week between regular season and playoffs

The NBA season ending bonanza week is something I think about a lot. You could package a lot of current ingredients.

• Play in tournament
  • HOF ceremonies
  • Season ending awards show (also drums up playoff matchups)
  • G League finals & slam dunk type contests
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM

Post#31 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

C_Money wrote:

I don’t understand this line of thinking. As a fan why do you want less games in a season?

Less games mean more healthy players. Or do you enjoy Lowry missing 20 games a year
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#32 » by Oakville_Raptor » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
C_Money wrote:

Less games mean more healthy players. Or do you enjoy Lowry missing 20 games a year

I highly doubt 10 less games will prevent players from getting injured :lol:
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM

Post#33 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
C_Money wrote:

I highly doubt 10 less games will prevent players from getting injured :lol:

Disagree. Less games means more rest. Less injuries. Rested players for playoffs. Does it eliminate them completely? Of course not. But in the long term it makes games more competitive
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#34 » by ruckus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Quality over quantity for me. We saw this season how the compressed schedule impacted teams through rest and injury.

72 games over 7 months would be ideal. 3 games each between intra-conference teams (42) and 2 games against inter-conference (30).

I'd also have limits on # of games a team could play in a week. No more than 3 games per week and no more than 5 games per 2 weeks. That gives players plenty of time to rest between games and hopefully reduces lost time due to injury.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#35 » by Brinbe » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm

I will be there, first preseason game
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#36 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm

bape_lovers wrote:we should be all be vaccinated by Sept? if not earlier

Everyone who wants to be vaccinated should be by Sept and that's my concern.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,021

Post#37 » by ItsDanger » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:

I'm optimistic, Canada is now neck-and-neck with Israel as the global leader in 1st doses administered and we have an insane amount of supply rolling in over June and July for 2nd doses now that Moderna shipments have joined Pfizer in full swing. All of my kids' teachers that I've spoken to fully expect to be in class in September being fully vaccinated, and I know my kids will have plenty of time to get their 2nds by that time too.

Looks like Canada has far fewer nutbag conspiracy theorists who believe that vaccines contain metal and cause one to be magnetic.

Don't what know these people are talking about BUT gene magnetofection using magnetic nanoparticles is a real thing. Does this mean a magnet will stick to your arm? LOL, never tried that.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 943

Post#38 » by raptorforlife88 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:03 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:we should be all be vaccinated by Sept? if not earlier

Everyone who wants to be vaccinated should be by Sept and that's my concern.

Canada is showing larger uptake than almost any other country on the planet. We're enthusiastically pro vaccine. Surveys show at least 80% of Canadians are willing to take the vaccine. A small portion of the holdouts are also willing to consider it. We get to that number and we will be fine.

And it's super encouraging that first dose uptake has stayed pretty high. Nothing like the ridiculous dropoff in the US. Makes it more likely people will get that second dose as well.

Honestly we all deserve a pat on the back for being proactive on this, and having done so for the most part without being offered incentives like in the US. Just a willingness and consideration to protect yourself and others.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#39 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:I'm optimistic, Canada is now neck-and-neck with Israel as the global leader in 1st doses administered and we have an insane amount of supply rolling in over June and July for 2nd doses now that Moderna shipments have joined Pfizer in full swing. All of my kids' teachers that I've spoken to fully expect to be in class in September being fully vaccinated, and I know my kids will have plenty of time to get their 2nds by that time too.

Don't what know these people are talking about BUT gene magnetofection using magnetic nanoparticles is a real thing. Does this mean a magnet will stick to your arm? LOL, never tried that.

This woman claimed a brass key stuck to her chest because she has been turned into a magnet. Never once considering she might have had a bit if sweat that held it there.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#40 » by alienchild » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

This woman claimed a brass key stuck to her chest because she has been turned into a magnet. Never once considering she might have had a bit if sweat that held it there.

She also never considered that brass is not magnetic :crazy:
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.

Return to Toronto Raptors