ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Playoffs thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Re: 2021 Playoffs thread 

Post#161 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:32 am

Dom801e wrote:I would gladly take any player from Atl not including Young or Collins.

They may not even keep Collins, other than to be able to trade him away later.

They have Huerter, Hunter and Reddish coming up. Okawangu a couple of years after that.

They have to max Trae and maybe Hunter will get big money. But of course it depends on what happens with Collins long term. They don't want to give Collins max extension but he may get such offers.

Then it will make those other young players extensions more difficult.

They're probably not going to give big long-term money to Gallo or even Bogdan. So they have to hope their young players can replace that production or cut them loose.

Reddish was picked in the lottery but so far hasn't panned out. Not even getting playing time in the playoffs it appears.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#162 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 am

wco81 wrote:Bogdan in his first playoffs is balling out. Kings just let him walk without compensation, though they were stuck with Hield's contract.

Clippers just don't seem head and shoulders better than the field. They may even go all the way but there may be a lot of 6 and 7 game series on the way.

I live in Sac....local article titled "Bogdan winning in Atlanta, Kings looking for winning ways" lol.

The sign of a real...real...REAL loser...is when that team keeps dropping, trading...players away who win...while they continue to suck.

Typical Kings crap (btw born in Bay Area so Warriors fan). Look at that squad....there were two gamers on that team and they let go one of them.

They are so bad they bring me down...and I don't even have a rooting interest in them! (must be the recognition of early Warriors days :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#163 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:36 am

This year sucks...What I've noticed is that, with exception of Luka and Kawhi...we aren't see alpha players keeping it close night and night out.

A lot of teams just folding and the games aren't close. yawn.

I THOUGHT Bucks had it all this year..Net's are just rolling them. They remind me of the unfair Warriors lol
wco81
RealGM

Post#164 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 am

KD is balling out.

I don't even know if he gets the most shot attempts. But they are saying KD is shooting 90% on contested jumpers. Some of those include switches where he's shooting over someone like Forbes who's 6-2.

But he's crossing over Giannis and in fact the Nets are said to be "hunting" for Giannis on switches. If that continues, then Giannis is never going to be a big factor in the post season. He owl have to be a second or third option.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#165 » by superunknown » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:This year sucks...What I've noticed is that, with exception of Luka and Kawhi...we aren't see alpha players keeping it close night and night out.

A lot of teams just folding and the games aren't close. yawn.

I THOUGHT Bucks had it all this year..Net's are just rolling them. They remind me of the unfair Warriors lol

The bucks have CS issues to start with. Their CS so far has proved not to be so good in the post season compared to the regular season and overall it hasn't done such a remarkable job maximising gianis true strengths. Plus, their big3 is really that big3 talent wise? I mean, gianis is great but he's not that edge (and with the way he has been used offensively he'll never be), middleton is a very good player but he ain't no superstar, at least no tier 1, hrue IMO has been ovverated since forever. They should have an advantage in terms of strenght and size over the nets, but so far in the series they've not been able to use this advantage and underperformed in almost every aspect of the game. series is not over yet (and the nets are missing harden) but unless the bucks CS suddenly finds the keys it has never been able to find in the last 3 years and middleton drastically improves (he's been awful in the previous 2 games), the finale is written.
wco81
RealGM

Post#166 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:26 pm

CS?

Yeah I was surprised at the money Jrue got.

The bigger problem is that the Nets role players are playing very well, hitting every open shot.

Bucks have been good on defense but they do it by allowing some 3s and just locking down the paint with Giannis and Lopez.

So we've seen a fair number of wide open 3s taken by Nets role player and then hitting them.

I don't know if they can close out better on 3s. Or just hope the Nets cool off a little but if they give them wide open looks, they're going to get into the rhythm.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#167 » by hamncheese » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:29 pm

I guessed that CS = coaching staff. Seems to make sense.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#168 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:All these **** teams have plenty of players who can shoot threes consistently. I am jealous.

Kelly Oubre had a stretch last season where he shot 38%
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#169 » by cdubbz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:36 am

wco81 wrote:KD is balling out.

I don't even know if he gets the most shot attempts. But they are saying KD is shooting 90% on contested jumpers. Some of those include switches where he's shooting over someone like Forbes who's 6-2.

But he's crossing over Giannis and in fact the Nets are said to be "hunting" for Giannis on switches. If that continues, then Giannis is never going to be a big factor in the post season. He owl have to be a second or third option.

'Giannis exposed'. Hate saying it like that but his skill set is more suited for being a complimentary superstar or #2.

I wonder how Giannis will react to getting bounced again in the playoffs. Even if they fire the coach and bring it a new coach with potential — Giannis is still surrounded by same guys.

If Bucks failed to get him help maybe he asks for a trade?!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM

Post#170 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 am

Even if Giannis is traded, you know he's a limited player in the playoffs so who's going to give a lot of assets in return?

Unless he's willing to accept that the offense would never run through him if he was on the Warriors.

As effective as KD has been most of the season, he's not as explosive as he was before injury.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#171 » by cpower » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:05 am

hate to say but both Jazz and Suns are packed with their benches and role players...so jealous of them..they can win games with their stars not showing up for half a game..

I really hope Jazz can sweep clips without Conley, that should make Kawhi to think about his future plans lol
wco81
RealGM

Post#172 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 am

Certainly unexpected that Mitchell is outperforming PG13 and Kawhi.

Especially in crunch time when the Clippers made a big comeback.

Seems that Clippers still have top 4 seed talent but they're not outplaying less talented teams by a huge margin. They may survive but it's going to be 6 and 7 game series, a struggle to get through these early rounds.

It doesn't sound like Kahwi will leave LA though. He's got his rings already so he's not going to go chasing if it means moving to Dallas or Miami.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#173 » by superunknown » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm

mitchell is dominating the series so far, he's playing at a level superior to doncic's just to name a player the clippers faced in this playoffs.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#174 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:16 pm

superunknown wrote:mitchell is dominating the series so far, he's playing at a level superior to doncic's just to name a player the clippers faced in this playoffs.

Mitchell has a LOT more help.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#175 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
superunknown wrote:mitchell is dominating the series so far, he's playing at a level superior to doncic's just to name a player the clippers faced in this playoffs.

Noone else is going to look good if you hog the ball like Luka does. :lol:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Noone else is going to look good if you hog the ball like Luka does. :lol:

True, that certainly fits Kerr's philosophy. It also is prime material for LeBron's teams often being called "terrible".
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#177 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:09 pm

cdubbz wrote:

'Giannis exposed'. Hate saying it like that but his skill set is more suited for being a complimentary superstar or #2.

I wonder how Giannis will react to getting bounced again in the playoffs. Even if they fire the coach and bring it a new coach with potential — Giannis is still surrounded by same guys.

Giannis is DEFINITELY exposed. He is not close to a number one option that can lead a team through the playoffs.

In fact I would say he has to be a GREAT 3r option on a championship team.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Giannis is DEFINITELY exposed. He is not close to a number one option that can lead a team through the playoffs.

In fact I would say he has to be a GREAT 3r option on a championship team.

Saw a thing today that predicted he'd be 1st team all-nba again, but his game hasn't really changed all that much. That's a 2 time MVP that can't seem to win.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#179 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:43 am

My favorite part of playoff basketball is when Hubie Brown gets an audible erection when the camera catches a truly spectacular groupie in the back of a sideline shot.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
wco81
RealGM

Post#180 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:46 am

A player like Barkley never won a title but I think he put up big numbers in the playoffs.

Return to Golden State Warriors