ImageImageImageImageImage

Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#141 » by Spida888 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:53 pm

I like Ingram, but we have to give up 2 FRPs including this year's lottery pick, AND we have to take on Adams contract? No thanks.

Ingram looks like he can be a good #2 option with a better offensive game than Pascal.

Instead of using OG to take on another big contract that's not a #1 option, I would rather trade Pascal + picks for him (not this year's pick). Don't see why Pels would do it though, Ingram fits Zion's timeline better.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,001

Post#142 » by kalel123 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:59 pm

One thing that bugs me about Ingram is that a team with him, Zion, and Ball should be better than they are. I know West is tough but they should at least crack play-in tournament. I don't think he's ever been on a winning team in his career so you have to wonder how much of his numbers is a product of playing on a bad team or how much he would actually contribute to winning.

Having said that, he's probably worth more than OG but not worth another lottery pick for sure.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#143 » by Def Leppard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:23 am

No from Toronto.

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,516

Post#144 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
Dalek wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:Ingram doesn't past the eye test for me. Never been a fan of his game. Keep OG and make a big trade when a star becomes disgruntled like Kawhi

I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.

Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.
If we were going to make a big move I'd rather trade Siakam and keep OG.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.

bona fide
or bona-fide
[ boh-nuh -fahyd, bon-uh; boh-nuh -fahy-dee ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for bona fide on Thesaurus.com
adjective
made, done, presented, etc., in good faith; without deception or fraud:
a bona fide statement of intent to sell.
authentic; true:
a bona fide sample of Lincoln's handwriting.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#145 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:07 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
Dalek wrote:
I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.

Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.

bona fide
or bona-fide

adjective
authentic; true:

Thank you! I do need a proofreader on everything I write. I also used to commit sins like 'for all intensive purposes'
We the North
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#146 » by XTC » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 pm

OG, Boucher, TOR 2021 FRP (#7)

For

Ingram, Stevens, NO 2021 FRP (#10)

Is fair for both sides. Ingram would flourish here. Moving down for #7 to #10 is a W in my eyes.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,883

Post#147 » by Merit » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:29 pm

It’s a quick no from me. That’s the type of haul you would ask for a prime Kawhi. Not for Ingram. And the Raps are better off keeping their firsts. Other players who would also move the raps forward could be had for less. They may not be as good as Ingram, but I think we can find shot creators in other ways. My personal dream is for demar to return.
I believe in Masai.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,672

Post#148 » by Pointgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:37 pm

I don’t know why the Pelicans would even trade Ingram. He seems like a decent second option/great third option if they land a superstar. They have all the assets to trade for any superstar that will become available. It makes no sense to move Ingram for OG before getting a second option.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,127

Post#149 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 pm

I think it makes more sense for the Pelicans to trade for Pascal than OG. It seems like Zion and Ingram both think of themselves as #1s and both want to be the man. If the Pels believe Zion is that guy going forward, it makes more sense for them to get Pascal to be their two-way, #2 option.

The only problem I see is they would probably want a shooter to compliment Zion and give him some space, which Pascal won't do, unless he can fix his jumper.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#150 » by hyper316 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:03 pm

I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

Both previous MIP, all-star, and on max contract

OG can actually play well as PF starter

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#151 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 pm

hyper316 wrote:I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#152 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:50 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.

Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out. He can also play center if they decide to go small, as you mentioned.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#153 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)

Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out.
He can but it's not ideal. NOs would have 3 guys on the court who either don't shoot 3s at all or arent great at 3s with Siakam+Zion+C. Their spacing would be terrible.

Only way I see it working is if they play small with Siakam and Zion upfront alongside wings/guards.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#154 » by arbsn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm

No way I’d give up 7 but I would do OG+Boucher and a future lottery protected pick. Maybe throw in Flynn too if it moves the needle
gp2015
RealGM

Post#155 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.

Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out.
He can but it's not ideal. NOs would have 3 guys on the court who either don't shoot 3s at all or arent great at 3s with Siakam+Zion+C. Their spacing would be terrible.

Only way I see it working is if they play small with Siakam and Zion upfront alongside wings/guards.

Yeah, that would be an issue I brought up. Pascal would need to fix his broken jumpshot.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,516

Post#156 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:50 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
Yet I'd still keep OG.

bona fide
or bona-fide

adjective
authentic; true:

Thank you! I do need a proofreader on everything I write. I also used to commit sins like 'for all intensive purposes'

Thank you for taking it in the right spirit. Wasn't trying to be a jerk.

I see "mute" point instead of moot point sometimes too.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#157 » by TD2FutureStar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 am

OG is 23 y/o we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of trading him while we're in rebuild mode. Ingram isn't worth near that haul either. Lmfao, get real Bleacher Report.
As others have said if you want to make a big trade your start with Pascal Siakam. I'd move him for picks and prospects in a flash.

Return to Toronto Raptors