Highest Reasonable All-Time Ranking For Draymond Green?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Highest Reasonable All-Time Ranking For Draymond Green? 

Post#1 » by ceiling raiser » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:05 am

Haven't seen one of these threads in a while. What do you think? Credible top 100 case? Top 50? Higher?
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,482

Re: Highest Reasonable All-Time Ranking For Draymond Green? 

Post#2 » by Jaivl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:17 am

I guess you can go top 40-50 if you go by peak, by career I'd say you can't really go higher than about 80.

Personally, like I said on a recent thread I have Grant ahead of him, and Grant's probably not top 90 to me.
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#3 » by migya » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:56 am

Draymond is a special player who is different to most valuable players to their teams. His contribution to winning is start like, more than Rodman and Horace. He had only had a small prime so far so he is probably nowhere near top 50 but if he has another four years at this level he might be.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#4 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 am

I have him in my top 70 but there are a lot of players I haven't considered ranking yet so he could get pushed further.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,500

Post#5 » by 70sFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 am

He needs a lot more longevity to consider him on my list. I don't have top 100 or even top 75 and he's definitely not inside top 50 yet.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#6 » by homecourtloss » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:54 am

Needs more longevity. It also depends on how highly one values RAPM and CORP numbers. They’re so gaudy in Draymond’s favor that it has to give anyone pause.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,856

Post#7 » by Dutchball97 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 am

Definitely top 100 for me. I think you could make a case for top 75 but I don't have him near the top 50.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#8 » by Gooner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 am

He is not good enough to even be in that kind of discussion. Rankings are pointless anyway and you can't rally go deeper than top 10. That's just something to kill time for people that are bored. It's not real basketball discussion.
Jaivl
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Jaivl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 am

Gooner wrote:He is not good enough to even be in that kind of discussion. Rankings are pointless anyway and you can't rally go deeper than top 10. That's just something to kill time for people that are bored. It's not real basketball discussion.

I agree. I'm all for no more Kobe Bryant discussion.
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Gooner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:15 am

Jaivl wrote:
Gooner wrote:He is not good enough to even be in that kind of discussion. Rankings are pointless anyway and you can't rally go deeper than top 10. That's just something to kill time for people that are bored. It's not real basketball discussion.

Me too, especially considering the tragedy, that stuff is beyond trivial now.
Jurassic_Park
Pro Prospect
And1: 781

Post#11 » by Jurassic_Park » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Jaivl wrote:

Agreed, if we stop discussing KG as well.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#12 » by eminence » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Career, less sure, but back end top 100 is probably his high end. Peak I think he's in the 20's.
I bought a boat.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Jurassic_Park wrote:
Jaivl wrote:

Agreed, if we stop discussing KG as well.

Why stop at top 5?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Narigo
Veteran
And1: 818

Post#14 » by Narigo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:14 pm

outside the top 100
Narigo's Fantasy Team

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Sidney Moncrief
SF:
PF: James Worthy
C: Tim Duncan

BE: Robert Horry
BE:
BE:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Everyone values different things. 50 doesn't sound outlandish depending on your criteria. Guy did a ton of winning, his +/- stats are insane and better than Steph's, one of the best defenders ever, the passing, etc...

And I can't fathom a list of 100 NBA players leaving him off. In what world are guys like Melo or Vince or TMac deserving to be ranked above him? Not one I want to live in.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Jaivl
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Jaivl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Everyone values different things. 50 doesn't sound outlandish depending on your criteria. Guy did a ton of winning, his +/- stats are insane and better than Steph's, one of the best defenders ever, the passing, etc...

And I can't fathom a list of 100 NBA players leaving him off. In what world are guys like Melo or Vince or TMac deserving to be ranked above him? Not one I want to live in.

Melo is whatever, but I really can't fathom a CAREER list that has Draymond Green over T-Mac or Carter. His case over T-Mac in terms of what happened on the basketball court is pretty much non-existent for now: T-Mac peaked higher (although debatable I guess), for longer (not debatable), and, surprisingly enough because T-Mac is the poster child for "fluke year", more consistently.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Jaivl wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Everyone values different things. 50 doesn't sound outlandish depending on your criteria. Guy did a ton of winning, his +/- stats are insane and better than Steph's, one of the best defenders ever, the passing, etc...

Melo is whatever, but I really can't fathom a CAREER list that has Draymond Green over T-Mac or Carter. His case over T-Mac in terms of what happened on the basketball court is pretty much non-existent for now.

I don't want to go on my TMac rant in a Draymond thread, but rest assured I have Green's career over his for sure. And while Vince has longevity I think Green's prime is so much stronger I'm definitely going with him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Gooner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Jaivl wrote:

Melo is whatever, but I really can't fathom a CAREER list that has Draymond Green over T-Mac or Carter. His case over T-Mac in terms of what happened on the basketball court is pretty much non-existent for now.

I don't want to go on my TMac rant in a Draymond thread, but rest assured I have Green's career over his for sure. And while Vince has longevity I think Green's prime is so much stronger I'm definitely going with him.

This is exactly why these all time "rankings" are completely pointless. How do you even compare Draymond Green to T-Mac or Melo? Completely different types of players in different roles and circumstances. Debating whether T-Mac or Draymond should be ranked 49th or something on some made up ranking list is a complete waste of time.
Jaivl
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Jaivl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Gooner wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Jaivl wrote:Melo is whatever, but I really can't fathom a CAREER list that has Draymond Green over T-Mac or Carter. His case over T-Mac in terms of what happened on the basketball court is pretty much non-existent for now.

This is exactly why these all time "rankings" are completely pointless. How do you even compare Draymond Green to T-Mac or Melo? Completely different types of players in different roles and circumstances. Debating whether T-Mac or Draymond should be ranked 49th or something on some made up ranking list is a complete waste of time.

Yeah, like most things we do especially on the internet, but also in life. A very entertaining waste of time, though.
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,850

Post#20 » by No-more-rings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm

He’s definitely top 100. Having him lower and you’re not really realizing how impactful he was on the Warriors dynasty. I can see somewhere between like 60-70 on the higher end of reasonable.

Return to Player Comparisons