WC | Rd. 2| (1) Jazz vs (4) Clippers [2-0 Jazz]

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who wins this WC Semi-final matchup?

Jazz in 4
5%
Jazz in 5
10%
Jazz in 6
33%
Jazz in 7
14%
Clippers in 4
1%
Clippers in 5
4%
Clippers in 6
24%
Clippers in 7
10%

Total votes: 274

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Re: WC | Rd. 2| (1) Jazz vs (4) Clippers [1-0 Jazz] 

Post#2381 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 am

life_saver wrote:Clippers did generate some really good looks in the 4th Q..just couldn't make the shots which they were making earlier in the ssn...especially Morris

also didn't help that the Jazz made some lucky shots- bank shot 3 and a layup off the top of the backboard.

Also, Mitchell traveled very blatantly on one of his drives in the 4th.

Morris in particular let them down. He has the 2nd highest 3 pt % this season, but went 0-5 on mostly open looks
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#2382 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:50 am

SomeBunghole wrote:The jump ball Bojan won against Kawhi was huge.

I know American NBA players love to talk about how tough they are based on some "ghetto" they grew up in. This is Bojan's hometown around the time he was 7.

should not have been called a jump ball- he had Kawhi in a headlock
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,068

Post#2383 » by Sgt Major » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:51 am

clyde21 wrote:

I know American NBA players love to talk about how tough they are based on some "ghetto" they grew up in. This is Bojan's hometown around the time he was 7.

ive seen worse
Looks like Baltimore
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
BlueNGold
Sophomore
And1: 236

Re: WC | Rd. 2| (1) Jazz vs (4) Clippers [2-0 Jazz] 

Post#2384 » by BlueNGold » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am

Honestly, if I am Utah, I’d start hard fouling them straight out of the gate on Saturday. We all know the Clippers are a bunch of soft, front-running bitches.

Nothing overly dirty, but they pull these antics constantly and always get away with it. If the NBA won’t do anything about it, you may need to do it yourself.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#2385 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:08 am

Myth wrote:
zonedefense wrote:I know that Clippers fans exist but I refuse to believe that anyone likes the current team. The combination of front running, dirty BS and choking is one of a kind.

I used to live near LA and remember going to Clippers games and seeing people in Clippers jerseys take out their Lakers phone cases at the metal detectors. This was the Lob City era. So some of those fans are fairweather front runners themselves, so that is probably his they justify rooting for them. Similarly, I still have friends in the area who seem to switch allegiances based on who is doing better.

LA is a Laker town but at the same time there's thousands of flip floppers/fence straddlers in LA. A friend of mine who I get Clipper tickets from at times is technically a Laker fan but will wear Clipper gear and root for the team if he goes to a Clipper game.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#2386 » by yellowknifer » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:10 am

I wonder how many times in NBA history only 6 guys have scored for a winning team and also scoring so many... sorryhad to edit it meant to put down 6.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#2387 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:13 am

STFU with this racist sh*t! The majority of the US kids making the NBA these days come from good two parent homes and affluence. Have you not watch the draft for the past five years or so? The true kids from the hood rarely make it to the league these days.
Hikari
Starter
And1: 255

Post#2388 » by Hikari » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:21 am

This is where we will see Quinn shine.

Next game the Clippers will try and zone and Snyder will have the Jazz ready for it.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#2389 » by BudTugly » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:26 am

What the Jazz have done is demonstrate that they will not be intimidated. That was the Clips plan. It’s every sports team’s plan. Now it’s time to find out if there is something to the Clippers that doesn’t involve beating us up
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#2390 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:39 am

Myth wrote:I watched that Paul George foul on Donovan Mitchell over and over, and I can’t see what people are talking about when they call it dirty. It wasn’t a hard enough bump for me to think it was intentional, and he didn’t make contact with the legs. I think Mitchell aggravating his injury was just a chance thing. Mitchell stumbles after the contact, but that seems to be because of the aggravation, not because of a trip.

Well the Clippers have been known for pulling shady crap especially since the bubble when Marcus Morris tried to aggravate Luka's swollen ankle and then tried that same BS on Millsap. Sadly for him, it resulted in one of the greatest collapses we've ever seen. They even tried it a few times this game with Boogie putting his foot under Bojan with the Laimbeer/Bowen/Zaza special. Then you had Beverly who somehow hooked Favors's groin like Reggie Evans and that ultimately resulted in Joe Ingles elbowing Bev.

As far as this video shows, Kennard was an idiot for not trying to go for the steal when Bogey was doubled and that pass was in the air and ripe for being picked. Instead he just stands there and doesn't bother to foul as time is ticking. I can see why Jackson lost his mind thinking that he kept them in the game only for them to falter.

I seriously don't know why Lue isn't playing Mann any minutes. He's only played a combined 12 minutes in 2 games. Beverly hasn't done much on offense and he's gonna be 34 by the time his deal is done and Rondo is just a liability offensively where he can't nail shots from distance. With Mann, you get a bit of everything plus he's a 2nd year player who's 25 who can't be any worse.

The fact that the Jazz beat them at home without Mike Conley is pretty impressive on their part and it's a blown opportunity for the Clips. If Conley were playing these 2 games, it'd be a blowout as he provides that sense of calm and stability that a lot of teams would love to have that can only be bettered by other veteran floor generals ex. Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,425

Post#2391 » by Myth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:43 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
Myth wrote:I watched that Paul George foul on Donovan Mitchell over and over, and I can’t see what people are talking about when they call it dirty. It wasn’t a hard enough bump for me to think it was intentional, and he didn’t make contact with the legs. I think Mitchell aggravating his injury was just a chance thing. Mitchell stumbles after the contact, but that seems to be because of the aggravation, not because of a trip.

Well the Clippers have been known for pulling shady crap especially since the bubble when Marcus Morris tried to aggravate Luka's swollen ankle and then tried that same BS on Millsap. Sadly for him, it resulted in one of the greatest collapses we've ever seen. They even tried it a few times this game with Boogie putting his foot under Bojan with the Laimbeer/Bowen/Zaza special. Then you had Beverly who somehow hooked Favors's groin like Reggie Evans and that ultimately resulted in Joe Ingles elbowing Bev.

As far as this video shows, Kennard was an idiot for not trying to go for the steal when Bogey was doubled and that pass was in the air and ripe for being picked. Instead he just stands there and doesn't bother to foul as time is ticking. I can see why Jackson lost his mind thinking that he kept them in the game only for them to falter.

I seriously don't know why Lue isn't playing Mann any minutes. He's only played a combined 12 minutes in 2 games. Beverly hasn't done much on offense and he's gonna be 34 by the time his deal is done and Rondo is just a liability offensively where he can't nail shots from distance. With Mann, you get a bit of everything plus he's a 2nd year player who's 25 who can't be any worse.

The fact that the Jazz beat them at home without Mike Conley is pretty impressive on their part and it's a blown opportunity for the Clips. If Conley were playing these 2 games, it'd be a blowout as he provides that sense of calm and stability that a lot of teams would love to have that can only be bettered by other veteran floor generals ex. Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul.

Totally agree that Clippers do some dirty plays. I just didn’t think the Paul George collision with Mitchell was one of them.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#2392 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:50 am

Ingles had a nice game and was pretty clutch in the 4th qtr. He had almost as many points as Kawhi and finished with a +/- of +21.

Read on Twitter
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#2393 » by whocurrz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:08 am

I get keeping in Reggie tonight but how does Ty Lue give playoff Rondo a DNP and Morris 37 minutes (3rd most on the team) when you have two huge wings against a team with no athletic scoring threats on the Wing. Plus they have guards and bigs playing better.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#2394 » by KqWIN » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 am

Man, what an incredible game and series. I don't know what to feel about this one. On one hand, the Jazz barely won and almost blew a 21 point lead despite a huge shotmaking advantage tonight. OTHO, I feel like Quin sort of let his team down and let the Clippers back in it by being so stubborn in his rotations. He should have brought Gobert and Ingles back into the game more quickly.

When the Clippers went zone they couldn't score and they also couldn't get a stop because Gobert was on the bench for a lot of that time. Mitchell played great, especially given his injury, but he was definitely not in the right mindset to beat the zone. His mind is always score, score, score....but you can dribble your way through a zone. You have to move the ball and his flaws were on full display. This is where the Jazz missed Conley the most. No chance in hell the Jazz score 5 points in 22 possessions against the zone if he's healthy. That rivals their 21 missed shots in game 1. Luckily Quin and the Jazz went to Ingles and he chopped up the zone like a Jazz offense should. Ingles+some bad shooting was enough in the clutch, but the Jazz shouldn't have been in that situation.

Gobert was just incredible once again. The Jazz had a 97 defensive rating with him on the court. The only qualms I have with his performance is that he wasn't able to do anything on the offensive glass, but you also have to give credit to the Clippers who I thought got the majority of loose balls tonight. Bogey was also great defensively, the Jazz need to get that guy more involved on offense.

I feel pretty good about this 2-0 lead depending on the health of the Jazz roster...but that's not looking great. I'm not expecting Conley to be back this series, Mitchell is obviously hurt, and Bogey sprained his ankle to. The Clippers are a great team, but down 2-0 I think the only thing that can save them is bad health from the Jazz.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#2395 » by Clay Davis » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
HollowEarth wrote:
KillMonger wrote:doesn't make American players any less tough

You ever hear that story about the little orphan boy abandoned in Eastern Europe who grew up on the streets raised by feral dogs until he became the alpha of the pack and led his posse of feral dogs butt naked and barking on all fours? They'd storm into butcher shops and burger kings just like Bonnie and Clyde until the police ran a sting where they locked the whole pack inside of seafood shop. The dogs all went to the pound. The boy, the alpha? He grew up to become NBA star Bojan Bogdanovich.*

is it true? Bojan always comes across to me a gentleman, did not know he had such a rough beginning..
It's true. I read it on 4chan.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#2396 » by homecourtloss » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 am

yellowknifer wrote:I wonder how many times in NBA history only 6 guys have scored for a winning team and also scoring so many... sorryhad to edit it meant to put down 6.

It used to happen more frequently in the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s (less often) when 6-7 guys played almost all the playoff minutes.

Game 1 of the 1986 Finals: Only 6 Celtics scored
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198605260BOS.html

and Game 3 of the 1986 Finals:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198606010HOU.html
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
homecourtloss
RealGM

Post#2397 » by homecourtloss » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:30 am

KqWIN wrote:Man, what an incredible game and series. I don't know what to feel about this one. On one hand, the Jazz barely won and almost blew a 21 point lead despite a huge shotmaking advantage tonight. OTHO, I feel like Quin sort of let his team down and let the Clippers back in it by being so stubborn in his rotations. He should have brought Gobert and Ingles back into the game more quickly.

When the Clippers went zone they couldn't score and they also couldn't get a stop because Gobert was on the bench for a lot of that time. Mitchell played great, especially given his injury, but he was definitely not in the right mindset to beat the zone. His mind is always score, score, score....but you can dribble your way through a zone. You have to move the ball and his flaws were on full display. This is where the Jazz missed Conley the most. No chance in hell the Jazz score 5 points in 22 possessions against the zone if he's healthy. That rivals their 21 missed shots in game 1. Luckily Quin and the Jazz went to Ingles and he chopped up the zone like a Jazz offense should. Ingles+some bad shooting was enough in the clutch, but the Jazz shouldn't have been in that situation.

Gobert was just incredible once again. The Jazz had a 97 defensive rating with him on the court. The only qualms I have with his performance is that he wasn't able to do anything on the offensive glass, but you also have to give credit to the Clippers who I thought got the majority of loose balls tonight. Bogey was also great defensively, the Jazz need to get that guy more involved on offense.

I feel pretty good about this 2-0 lead depending on the health of the Jazz roster...but that's not looking great. I'm not expecting Conley to be back this series, Mitchell is obviously hurt, and Bogey sprained his ankle to. The Clippers are a great team, but down 2-0 I think the only thing that can save them is bad health from the Jazz.

Honestly, coming off the high of winning 4 out of 5 vs. the Mavs including two elimination games, and no Conley available, I’m really really surprised the Jazz are up 2-0. Now obviously they made open shots while the Clippers didn’t, but the Jazz are also generating open shots just like in the regular season. Would love to see this team win the title.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
homecourtloss
RealGM

Post#2398 » by homecourtloss » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 am

As good as his box score stats have been and better defense after the first three or four gsmes vs. the Mavs, Kawhi’s on court impact just hasn’t been there.

Clippers with Kawhi on court: -.6 per 100 possessions
Clippers with Kawhi off court: +21.5 per 100 possessions

Clippers DRtg with Kawhi off court: 93.8

Next best with a player off court: PG13 off court, 102.2

And they really haven’t played any garbage time minutes.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#2399 » by KillMonger » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:51 am

bojan really impressed me tonight.....did not know he had a little dog in him....intangibles and laser focus on defense against one of the best players in the world
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#2400 » by KqWIN » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:54 am

KillMonger wrote:bojan really impressed me tonight.....did not know he had a little dog in him....intangibles and laser focus on defense against one of the best players in the world

Bogey's defense is hilarious. He is horrible against a decent spot up shoot or even a hustle guy like Torrey Craig. He simply falls asleep off the ball and doesn't ever box out. During the season he usually guards a bad player who can often do damage because he's coasting. But he's actually pretty good when going up against great physical wings like Kawhi/LeBron who are impossible to fall asleep against.

He is the rare player whose best defensive matchups are two of the greatest to ever do it :lol:

Return to The General Board