Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#341 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#342 » by Coach Carter » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:23 am

No one has taken more to the concept of "let it fly" than Giannis. Bud would be so proud.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#343 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am

Next game is an afternoon game but I'm not sure they can shoot any worse then they have the past 3 games? Maybe we inverse an early start for once and hit 35% from 3.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#344 » by Plossum » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:32 am

raysbookclub wrote:What bothered me more even than the 3 pt attempts was how Giannis kept falling away shooting from the post. With hesitation or a little hitch so it’s that much more off balance.

Also his turnovers not catching the ball off the pick and rolls. Don’t know if that’s fatigue, but catch the ball first, then make your move.

Agree, I'd rather see him go to his baby hook and take those tough fade aways.
#LockUpChuck
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#345 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:36 am

Giannis finished game with 0 fauls. I just saw that stat. Why didnt he try to defend Durant in 4th quarter when Durant was scoring?
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#346 » by machu46 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Giannis is getting killed a bit, but dude was a beast in that first quarter.

He was a beast but you could tell even in the 1st quarter that it was going to be one of these nights where he's just jacking up tons of shots.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#347 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:54 am

Maybe Griffin will wear down over the series like Horford did? If we keep it alive it becomes games every second day. Thats hard on worn wheels.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#348 » by midranger » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:55 am

AussieBuck wrote:High post Giannis, Khris and Jrue outside Brook alternating the corner and low post, Giannis high/low. We need to crash the boards too.

This should be self evident to an NBA coach and player.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#349 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Jrue sounded a little salty in his postgame comments he wants the ball and more opportunities to run the show. It was so much pressure on Bud Giannis and Khris they just stuck to their circle of trust

He has no reason to be salty. He played like crap

It might be the worst I've ever seen a PG take care of the ball in the playoffs in my entire life. He legitimately fumbled away a dribble, got stripped while being indecisive in traffic, or threw careless passes that were deflected by at least one defender about 8 times in the first half alone. He was very lucky many of them were deflected out of bounds or rolled to a teammate, but he was awful and deserved to have the ball taken out of his hands completely. And it wasn't just a one-time thing, as he's been getting more and more careless with his handling and passing for months now.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Sigra
RealGM

Post#350 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:59 am

TommyFR34K wrote:Giannis post game: "We trusted one another, we kept playing together"
Next joke pls?

He is talking about Middleton and himself. He said something like "we are doing this for 8 years so we know bla bla". He probably forgot that he has other teammates LOL
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#351 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:03 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Giannis hasn't played this level of whack before. I'm choosing to believe that Harden is in his head and probably has Griffin telling Giannis all about it.

I think he has. He was like this in the bubble against the Heat and he was like this for 10-15 games to start the season. He bottomed out and started to turn it around in that one game where he started passing all the time (was it Indy?) but he's proven capable of this sort of stupidity many times before. I think we just haven't seen it for several months and the stakes are much higher, so that's why it's more infuriating. And after the way he played in the first round, we had our hopes up, so that makes it hurt even more.

ETA: Game 20 against Indy, 7 for 8 with 14 boards and 12 assists. No 3's. That's when he started to turn it around and he hasn't done this crap regularly since, until now.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#352 » by midranger » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 pm

I’m obviously channeling my inner Larry David, but…

It feels like the way the Bucks play, more specifically the way Giannis is playing, is just disrespectful to the game of basketball.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,718

Post#353 » by yannisk » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:10 pm

raysbookclub wrote:What bothered me more even than the 3 pt attempts was how Giannis kept falling away shooting from the post. With hesitation or a little hitch so it’s that much more off balance.

Also his turnovers not catching the ball off the pick and rolls. Don’t know if that’s fatigue, but catch the ball first, then make your move.

he takes so many low percentage shots. 3s obviously, but also this Dirk fadeways falling down or some Kobe fadeaways in the baseline. Instead of trying to go to the middle and take a simple hook, (even if he is not perfect, half the time ball bounces and falls in).

He is not the only one, Brook used to take some difficult 3s but now he seems to have better selection. Khris also takes some very difficult iso shots, he is capable to make enough of them but some are very low percentage shots even for him. Forbes whenever he catches the ball shoots it even if it is a situation that only Curry can score.

So when many players do that I will accuse the coach, Bud seems like a nice guy (and I want to support nice guys) but he is probably very lax with the players
BucksCasual
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#354 » by BucksCasual » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
midranger wrote:It’s becoming clear that Giannis is not a top 10 playoff performer in the NBA in his current form. This really limits our ceiling.

He desperately needs to reinvent himself.

He desperately needs to be coached.

He 100% should never shoot the ball outside of 12’ from the basket. If he focused all his efforts on becoming a true PF with a decent jumper, much like the baseline fadeaway he has, THEN we have a shot at being unstoppable.
BucksCasual
Ballboy

Post#355 » by BucksCasual » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
midranger wrote:It’s becoming clear that Giannis is not a top 10 playoff performer in the NBA in his current form. This really limits our ceiling.

He needs to sit in the post and work from there. They did such a better job of that during the Miami series. I don't want him to touch the ball on the perimeter unless he's running a P&R.

I want Giannis to operate in Duncan range - a little closer in. He doesn't have to be Shaq, and he doesn't have to stop shooting jumpers entirely IMO, but he's gotta bring it it in 5-10. Work on your turnaround. Work on a **** bank shot, not a pull up 3.

If he's going to reinvent himself - snide (valid) comments aside - that's what he should be doing.

I could not possible agree more. The elbow of the FT line is the furthest he should ever shoot. The craziest move he should have in his arsenal should be a combination of his fast aggressive drive to the rim, coupled with a smooth pull up jumper anywhere from 5-12’ from the basket. He does that, along with relinquish bringing the ball up the court, and we’ve got ourselves a better contender.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#356 » by machu46 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Feels like we need a coach that's willing to ban Giannis from shooting 3's. I know a guy that passed on Portland's coaching job because he thinks something better will come available.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BucksCasual
Ballboy

Post#357 » by BucksCasual » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:20 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

He needs to sit in the post and work from there. They did such a better job of that during the Miami series. I don't want him to touch the ball on the perimeter unless he's running a P&R.

I agree if he just played to his strengths he would be a top ten performer. There's nothing wrong with being Duncan, Shaq, Kareem. They need to tell him stop trying to be Durant or LeBron.

Personally, I don’t think we will ever win anything with Giannis unless he accepts that that is his wheelhouse. That is the style of play that will make him the best he can be.
Sigra
RealGM

Post#358 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:23 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:Scoring 86 points twice in a row against a bad defense is either a crazy fluke or the team is playing like crap offensively.

Our main focus is how to stop their superstars. Thats why we start Tucker. His only job is to try to slow down Durant. But Nets can leave him open and use his defender to crowd the paint.

In first 2 games we tried to use Lopez in paint but then you have Tucker AND Giannis spacing for Lopez. It didnt work because if Lopez is in paint then Nets have 3 players in paint (Lopez defender, Giannis defender and Tucker defender). In this game we had Lopez at 3 point line and Durant had to go with him there. And Nash changed defender to Jrue (this game Irving was on Jrue. in game 2 it was Harris) so in this game Harris defended Tucker. So in 1st quarter Harris and Blake were in paint and Giannis went there a lot.

Also, Jrue spent all of his energy on Irving this game and Irving also had to spend energy at defense because he was defending Jrue (in game 2 he was defending Tucker). That made Jrue tired at offense but also slowed down Irving.

In short, this is chess now. We will not have good spacing with Giannis and Tucker starting. Add tired Jrue and we will have bad offense for sure. But we try to compensate that with better defense. This time it worked. Not sure it will work in game 4.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#359 » by showtimesam » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Part of our problem on offense is having Tucker and Brook sitting in the corners all game. We miss having a guy that can move without the ball and cut like Donte. Patty C and Bryn need to get something rolling otherwise our big three iso ball will continue.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#360 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Yeah I think this is a different series with Donte. Maybe not to the extent that we'd be leading the series, but it's easy to see how we miss him. He gets us so many extra possessions with his hustle, he moves the ball when he gets it and he stays moving when he doesn't have it. He really did glue us together in some pretty important ways.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak

Return to Milwaukee Bucks