Best offer for Russell Westbrook

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Best offer for Russell Westbrook 

Post#1 » by penbeast0 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:31 am

Washington wants what everyone wants. Young talent that can produce to build around our young front line and Beal. Realize that we will have to take back a bad contract too but have seen suggestions that NY, LAC, etc. would be interested; what are the offers?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,401

Re: Best offer for Russell Westbrook 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:34 am

Let’s see; Kemba, Love, maybe Horford?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,826

Post#3 » by psman2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 am

I honestly don't think he has anymore trade value than he did last year. Yes it was an exciting second half and he is a force of nature that lead to a playoff berth but still it was on a 34 win team. His efficiency was worse than normal with his .509 TS% and a miserable .462% in the playoffs. I don't think you can really build a real winning team around him and his contract anymore.

LAC trash or NYK gets desperate maybe are two options.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 am

psman2 wrote:I honestly don't think he has anymore trade value than he did last year. Yes it was an exciting second half and he is a force of nature that lead to a playoff berth but still it was on a 34 win team. His efficiency was worse than normal with his .509 TS% and a miserable .462% in the playoffs. I don't think you can really build a real winning team around him and his contract anymore.

LAC trash or NYK gets desperate maybe are two options.
Yeah, to get anything good you'll have to find your John Wall to come with a FRP
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#5 » by youngcrev » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 am

He's arguably got the least desirable contract in the league, so getting back young talent feels pretty unlikely.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:12 am

I think the Clippers should really consider this. PatBev, Rondo, Kennard get you right up close to the money matching and they would still have the shooting to make him very playable. Might need a 3rd team to send the Wiz something slightly different, but they would be hard pressed to do better value wise.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#7 » by TGW » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 am

The Clip joint need him.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#8 » by LivingLegend » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 am

Has ever player restructured their contract to take less money so that they could get traded to a more desirable situation?

Asking for Kevin Love and Russel Westbrook
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,826

Post#9 » by psman2 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:09 am

LivingLegend wrote:Has ever player restructured their contract to take less money so that they could get traded to a more desirable situation?

Ty Lawson gave up his guaranteed option year in his trade to the Rockets. Worked out terrible for him.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#10 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:24 am

Not sure I see any team WANTING him at this point.

I feel the Wizards are the team that will have to make the best offer in order for another team to take him.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:24 am

JRoy wrote:Let’s see; Kemba, Love, maybe Horford?
Unless Westbrook is going to a third team there's just zero chance of that happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#12 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:29 am

If u trade westBrook then you’re essentially trading beal. It’s a huge sign that you’re moving on from trying to compete. I expect the wizards to add to Russ and Brad this offseason if anything.
penbeast0
And1: 8,679

Post#13 » by penbeast0 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am

I do too given that in the long history of this franchise, there are only two or three deals in 75 years that traded win now for future value (dealing Elvin Hayes, Jeff Malone for Pervis Ellison, couple of MJ deals before he decided to play again and went the other way). I don't think there has been any other team in the league more focused short term for such a long long time. I just wanted to explore the options.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,094

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:26 am

I think the Wizards have two options. I could be wrong, but I think they either trade Russ, which likely means you should also trade Beal. Or they should look to upgrade the other three starters with Rui, Avidja, and picks
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#15 » by pcbothwel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:55 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think the Wizards have two options. I could be wrong, but I think they either trade Russ, which likely means you should also trade Beal. Or they should look to upgrade the other three starters with Rui, Avidja, and picks

More or less agree.
I think OP is just having fun and bored on a Friday. Many Wiz fans would agree that getting a decent package by a desperate team for Russ would be the best way to move forward. However, in reality Russ just gives too much to us outside the box score. For a team full of young guys and also notorious for their inconsistent play over the Wall era(Beat good teams and lose to cellar dwellers)... Russ provides a much needed voice and work ethic that is infectious.

Beal loves him as do his teammates. Again, on paper im sure plenty of trades make sense, but it wont happen.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Has ever player restructured their contract to take less money so that they could get traded to a more desirable situation?

Players, in the past, have agreed to decline their player options, or make a year partial-guaranteed to facilitate a trade. However, in terms of restructured/renegotiations, a player isn’t allowed to give back money in that. He can’t negotiate his salary down, per the CBA. He could take on extension years that are less per year than what he would make in his current deal, but it’s tacked onto the end. It doesn’t replace the current years.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#17 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:54 pm

There are rumors that the Knicks are interested in Wall. Seems that if they are, they'd be more interested in Westbrook - since he's better than Wall and has essentially the same contract.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#18 » by Buzzard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:29 pm

KP and Powell to Washington. Westbrook and Bertans to Dallas. Dallas will have the cap to absorb the difference. This locks the Mavericks up for three seasons but with two all stars on the team. The Wizards next move in my opinion is to move Beal for picks and/or young players to make this KPs young team.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#19 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm

I would be interested in Westbrook in Boston.

Kind of think with Tatum and Brown and Fournier spacing out the floor Russell would average 15 assists per game. Cannot cheat off of him defensively and clog the middle with 3 guys who can score on the perimeter around him. I don't think Russ has ever had that in his career.

Westbrook
Fournier
Brown
Tatum
3andD center
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Post#20 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:34 pm

westbrook to LAC
rondo/beverley/oturu to OKC