EC | Rd. 2| (3) Bucks vs (2) Nets, Part 2 [Tied 2-2]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who's getting it?

Bucks in 6
19%
Bucks in 7
14%
Nets in 4
15%
Nets in 5
27%
Nets in 6
21%
Nets in 7
4%

Total votes: 139

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Re: EC | Rd. 2| (3) Bucks vs (2) Nets [2-0 Nets], Part 2 

Post#1301 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:28 am

Sports Realist wrote:Will be very interesting to see Harden's status from this point forward...

I don't think they'll bother him, if they lose the next one, they'll re-evaluate.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#1302 » by SpreeS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 am

Pressure is everything

1st rnd with Maimi

Portis/Forbes/Connaughton 3p 7.5/16.4 0.46

2nd rnd with Nets

Portis/Forbes/Connaughton 3p 1.0/6.3 0.16
Sports Realist
Junior
And1: 181

Post#1303 » by Sports Realist » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:25 am

KhalilS wrote:
Sports Realist wrote:Will be very interesting to see Harden's status from this point forward...

I don't think they'll bother him, if they lose the next one, they'll re-evaluate.

apparently he is day-to-day

game 4 is 3 days from now

i dont think he will play

but will they "rush" him back in just 2 nights later if its 2-2?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#1304 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am

Depends how the game will look, if it's like game 3, it's 50-50, if it's total domination by the Bucks, most likely yes.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#1305 » by KGtabake » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:11 pm

KD is maybe the best player in the world when healthy. He's also the most vulnerable to mental games. If everybody can get into your head(players, fans) so easily, you do have an issue. There's no other player i would pick over him on a championship game though.
Kyrie is Kyrie. Without a LeBron or a KD by his side, he's one of the guards in this league. Nothing special.
Joe Harris was shockingly bad. Maybe just a bad game.
Blake Griffin likes to play the bully in New York, with the crowd by his side and bigger stars on his team to cover him.
Nash is a much better coach than he's been credited for.

When a guy like Giannis takes 8 3s you know that coaching on this team is non existent.
The guy can take it to the hoop every single time and there's nobody on Brooklyn to stop him. Yet, he starts shooting 3s for no obvious reason. And there's no coach on this team to tell him a word or two.
The free throw routine? How is it possible for the coach to say that everything is fine? Really now? Giannis isn't the brightest person when it comes to basketball understanding and offensive awareness too and that's obvious.
Budenholzer is a very limited coach.
Middleton is honestly one of the most unpredictable players out there. You really don't know which player is going to show up not only in every game but in every quarter. If he gets cold, he's unwatchable. If he gets hot, he has a case for being one of the top 3 level scorers in the league.
Holiday is disappointing offensively and world class defensively.

I predicted Nets in 6, Harden or not. I stand by this. I also stand by the conclusion that if the Bucks want to go all the way within the next 2-3 seasons, Budenholzer must leave this summer.
Nash will become equal to Kerr, if not better.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 925

Post#1306 » by perempe20 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:21 pm

the NBA has many players who can't make a left-handed layup, last game was a good example.
kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#1307 » by kan_t » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

KhalilS wrote:

Yes they likely would like to see how they play in Game 4 first. It's not like they're totally lost in Game 3 so there is no reason for them to panic and push Harden to be their saviour.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,492

Post#1308 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm

What happened to Tucker's corner 3 shot? He's refusing to take it or even to spot up there and that's absolutely killing Bucks' spacing. He shot it decently in the regular season, is he injured or something?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#1309 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm

1. Why does Giannis shoot so many 3s when he is absolute trash at it?
2. Why does he bring the ball up so much when he is not a PG or close to one?
Yeggo Poleggo
Rookie
And1: 1,244

Post#1310 » by Yeggo Poleggo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Giannis needs a superstar point guard to unlock his success.
World's biggest Kobe Bryant fan.

levon wrote:this board: "THT's negative value"

this board after he's traded: "I like THT, and he's so young! stupid Lakers let another one go"

literally every Lakers young player in the last 7 years
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 500

Post#1311 » by davidfr94 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 pm

- giannis lacks basketball iq. Why is taking so Manu threes ? I know he wants to keep the defender close to him but 8 threes is too much, 4 IS totally enough for him.

- Middleton is underrated.

- The nets did not do a great job managing the game After durant's three. I know brown had a good game but focusing on that pick and Roll with him at the end was not the smart thing to do. Durant or kyrie should take those last shots.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using RealGM mobile app
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 500

Post#1312 » by davidfr94 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Bucks' bench is not good enough. They really screwed not completing that bogdanovic trade, he brings exactly what they are missing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using RealGM mobile app
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#1313 » by Zombiesonics » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm

I dont care what happens for the rest of the series. Bud's time trying to get this team over the hump has come to the end imo. The display of offense last night down the stretch was just mind boggling; its like he got super nervous and was just like "giannis, khris, go win this thing for us". Not a single shred of creativity. but hey atleast he played his mvp more than 35 minutes.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#1314 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:03 pm

Giannis free throw routine is absurd. He takes 10 seconds for his BS visualization and then 11-13 seconds on each free throw. I could see maybe if it was working, but it clearly doesn’t. Just gives him more time to over think the shot, which is his problem.

It reminds me of playing golf with someone who sucks but takes 10 practice swings before each shot, then stand over the ball for ten seconds before swinging only to hit it no where and then do it all over again on the next shot. Those are the worst people to play with, and who ever Giannis is developing his ft routine with is also the worst at what they do.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#1315 » by kobe808lak » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Watching Giannis play was painful last night.. easily the worst MVP we've ever had. People say that Nash was but he was the engine on his teams and had great BBIQ and controlled the game, was a great shooter, etc... Giannis doesn't know he isn't a 3 point shooter and can't shoot FTs without a violation.

Middleton saved them last night but they might and probably should lose out this series with they way they play offense. Nets in 5.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1316 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:Giannis free throw routine is absurd. He takes 10 seconds for his BS visualization and then 11-13 seconds on each free throw. I could see maybe if it was working, but it clearly doesn’t. Just gives him more time to over think the shot, which is his problem.

It reminds me of playing golf with someone who sucks but takes 10 practice swings before each shot, then stand over the ball for ten seconds before swinging only to hit it no where and then do it all over again on the next shot. Those are the worst people to play with, and who ever Giannis is developing his ft routine with is also the worst at what they do.

It’s even worse when it is just a friendly game when no one is keeping score. Bro practice your swing more if you want to get better don’t stand and think in a fun afternoon game of golf. No one cares if you aren’t a great golfer few people are so keep the pace up!
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,041

Post#1317 » by danvato » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:45 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Every dog has his day :lol:

You guys were awfully quiet after getting spanked by 50. Keep that same energy when you lose in 5.

I just didn't want to reply to the crap you @ me with last time. Cause it should be hyperbole but you literally believed that.

It is true that KD can't be stopped. He missed a ton of wide open shots today.

It won't happen again.

What is your definition of "wide open" shots? According to nba.com - https://go.nba.com/zc5m - only 1 of KDs shots was "wide open", only 2 more were "open". He did miss all 3, so if you define 'a ton' as 3, you'd be correct.

Tuckers physicality can be borderline fouling on each play, different refs will call it differently, and in the play-offs most will allow the physical play so no need to discredit the defense.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#1318 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:48 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Was KD fouled on that last shot? Sure looked like it.

KD was fouled every single play of the game by Tucker.

His strategy was basically they won't call everything. And then the one time he did he threw a temper tantrum.

Dude is a straight punk. Can't play actual defense.

:lol: you salty

The disappearing Bucks fans are chirping a lot for a team that lost by 50 and barely escaped with a win after blowing a 20 point lead.

I wouldn't be so confident. We lost a game to the Celtics too. When we play well you have been straight embarrassed in this series.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#1319 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm

danvato wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
I just didn't want to reply to the crap you @ me with last time. Cause it should be hyperbole but you literally believed that.

It is true that KD can't be stopped. He missed a ton of wide open shots today.

It won't happen again.

What is your definition of "wide open" shots? According to nba.com - https://go.nba.com/zc5m - only 1 of KDs shots was "wide open", only 2 more were "open". He did miss all 3, so if you define 'a ton' as 3, you'd be correct.

Tuckers physicality can be borderline fouling on each play, different refs will call it differently, and in the play-offs most will allow the physical play so no need to discredit the defense.

They were relatively open shots that he routinely makes. KD is one of the most efficient scorers in the history of the NBA.

He had a ton of great looks he usually makes. It was just a bad game.

I wouldn't expect him to play like that again in these playoffs.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#1320 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Does Giannis really work on his shooting in offseason? :lol: One free throw airball, one 10 sec violation and 6 missed threes in a row. Why shoot then? Pass the damn ball. He's all athleticism and that's it. By the time he reaches mid 30s he'll be what Dwight is right now, a role player.

Kinda feel sorry for the Bucks fans, that team is stuck on these big contracts and there is no consistency to really get to the finals. You can see it in some of the fans during timeouts they really didn't look that happy.

Return to The General Board