Can a healthy Jazz team beat the Eastern Conference Champions?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Re: Can a healthy Jazz team beat the Eastern Conference Champions? 

Post#21 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 am

No, KD+Harden+Kyrie+Joe Harris are too much of a big 4
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#22 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:05 am

We can. But if the Nets have the big 3 we'll need a good amount of luck and we'll need to find the formula quick, as we can't go down on that series other than the 1-0. Steve Nash is inexperienced as a coach, and if the Jazz somehow put em against the wall it will be interesting to see how he can adjust.

If Harden doesn't come back in great shape... then yes we can. Difficult, but we could even be slightly favorites to win it all.

And don't pretend Philadelphia hasn't a word to say in the East too. They're more than capable.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,532

Post#23 » by Harry Garris » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 pm

I don't think anyone could beat the Nets at full strength but I'm happy to be wrong.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Post#24 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:11 pm

If Nets are healthy no chance. Nets would have 3 best players in the series.
Go Raps!!
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,257

Post#25 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:17 pm

It's moreso the odds of it happening than the possibility.

Of course it's possible, anything is....its just not probable.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,365

Post#26 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Utah reminds me so much of the 2013 and 2014 Spurs. I think their style can put immense pressure on Brooklyn’s defence. I think it would be an epic.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Yeggo Poleggo
Rookie
And1: 1,244

Post#27 » by Yeggo Poleggo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Spida about to be this generation's Kobe and I am here for it.
World's biggest Kobe Bryant fan.

levon wrote:this board: "THT's negative value"

this board after he's traded: "I like THT, and he's so young! stupid Lakers let another one go"

literally every Lakers young player in the last 7 years
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#28 » by khufure » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:47 pm

I wasn't sure about Durant given he had a major achilles injury. That **** used to be death for an athlete. He's come back not even 90% IMO but 100%, amazing. Anything is possible including the talented Jazz team winning it all but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Nets are the top contenders.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,076

Post#29 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:54 pm

The jazz would need to create a scenario where gobert can protect the rim, if they run kyrie harden griffin kd at them, its going to be hard to do that if griffin/green are hitting their open shots. The bucks were able to guard the nets last night because they have excellent defenders that can lead the clippers who struggled shooting into rudy, with no penalty of a guy like green hitting 3 3s. I dont know if mike conley and mitchell can defend kyrie and harden the way holiday and middleton can.

As long as the jazz can score a ton of points and keep attempting 40 3pointers a game they have a chance.
Promezclan
Starter
And1: 948

Post#30 » by Promezclan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Of course they can, and I wouldn't say it's unlikely. People get burned again and again thinking there is some kind of "playoff switch," and the Suns should keep that fresh in people's memory. The Jazz having the best record in the league is not a random occurrence. Utah's offense is almost as efficient as the Nets, because 3PTs are so efficient that you don't need superstars.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#31 » by Tetlak » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:15 pm

No.

If Mitchell doesn't have a great game, they're probably not going to win that game. Their 2nd option is Jordan Clarkson. That's not a recipe for high level playoff success.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#32 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Imo, a healthy Jazz team would have a decent chance at defeating a Harden-less Nets, but might only get one, possibly two games, playing against a full strength Nets. Nonetheless, I hope Harden is back for the Finals. The man has played his butt off with big minutes over a long career on teams with generally less overall talent than many of the other playoff teams. I don't mind seeing Harden get an opportunity to compete for a ring --- even if it is on a somewhat unlikeable, overstacked super team.

Obviously the Jazz still have a long ways to go with a big challenge ahead to even get to the chance to compete in the Finals. Nets still have a ways to go too, but should be strong favorites to get there even with only two of their big three playing imo.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#33 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:21 pm

I think the Jazz would be favored over the Bucks at this point.

I might call the Jazz slight favorites over the Sixers, in part due to having home-court advantage. That would be a really tough series.

I'm not sure what to think about the Nets. KD is just a cheat code, and I'm not sure how the Jazz or anyone else can really disrupt him if he's got other guys drawing the defense and giving him some space. The Nets are actually a better team without James Harden right now because it puts another defensive-minded player, like Bruce Brown, on the floor. When Kyrie and Harden are on the floor together, there can be some diminishing returns.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 3,889

Post#34 » by chilluminati » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:28 pm

It would have to be a situation where everything goes right for Utah. It's hard to game plan against the Nets because most teams have only 1, sometimes 2 of those defensive stoppers that you'd assign to the opposing superstar. We've seen plenty of big 3's before, but none like this where the 3 are ALL perimeter oriented non-bigs that can play multiple positions. It's most definitely a "pick your poison" type situation when trying to defend against a healthy big 3. Health might end up being the only real factor that weakens the Nets chances.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#35 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:29 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:If Nets are healthy no chance. Nets would have 3 best players in the series.

Mitchell has been better in the playoffs this year than Kyrie. So there's that.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
CallMeKahn
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#36 » by CallMeKahn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Utah would have a puncher's chance. They play defense, have two to four players who are insta-buckets in any game, and Gobert will eat everything on the inside, including Griffin.
daoneandonly wrote:Utah doesnt have anyhting close value wise to get Dallas to even pick up the phone

Said in reference to Utah's trade assets in a potential Doncic deal.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,583

Post#37 » by dc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:11 pm

As has been mentioned, they would have a chance. But Mitchell would have to consistently be great: Like 35 ppg on good efficiency great. Clarkson would have to average 18-20 ppg off the bench and Ingles/Bojan would have to combine for 40% from 3. Gobert would have to totally wreck Blake on the offensive boards.

It's possible, but a lot would have to go right.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.

Return to The General Board