ImageImageImageImageImage

Leon ROSE will Win Executive of Year, You Know Why? He Refused to OverPay Gordon Hayward/Fred Van Felton, Try for Powell

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knickkilla
Starter
And1: 615

Re: Leon ROSE will Win Executive of Year, You Know Why? He Refused to OverPay Gordon Hayward/Fred Van Felton, Try for Po 

Post#21 » by Knickkilla » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:23 pm

This is taken from another Knick message board;

Teams with projected cap space to pay Norman Powell this coming FA.

Knicks,
Miami,
Thunder,
Spurs,
Dallas,
Toronto,
Hornets,
Detroit.

Spurs already have a lot invested at the G spot with White, Walker, Vassell, Johnson

Dallas will most likely look to retain THjr

Toronto traded him away, have Gary Trent Jr

Hornets have Devonte' Graham & Malik Monk in place at this spot

Heat are a wild card, they have Hero in place, but can still look to throw some money at Powell, and keep Hero as a 6th man. Wouldn't put it past them, but they may look to go with small depth pieces preserving for the big fish.

Portland can retain him and probably look for a S&T for a draft pick. Which we can offer.

Thunder and Detroit are also the main comp from a pure fa signing route. Both of them will probably depend on where they are slotted to draft and who could be available for them at those slots. Casey coached Powel in the past so there are ties there with that if it breaks that way.

For the Knicks and Powell though. Seems like a strong match for what each are looking for. Powell will get paid, net 35mins a night fighting for 2nd option with RJ, NY will boost his profile. Knicks will get a G in his prime that can give the offense a much much needed boost.
#‎NBAVote‬ Carmelo Anthony
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Re: Leon ROSE will Win Executive of Year, You Know Why? He Refused to OverPay Gordon Hayward/Fred Van Felton, Try for Po 

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:36 pm

:lol: They turned us down, bro.
Free Palestine
Ph@t Joe
Senior
And1: 136

Post#23 » by Ph@t Joe » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:57 pm

Listen, I hear alot of talk about Lonzo Ball being the best available free agent (he's restricted though)

Honestly getting Lonzo would not be the worst thing imaginable. I will not talk about it being an upgrade as we have multiple options on the team already that would be upgrades at PG over Payton.

Biggest problem with getting Lonzo? We would be forced to have our offense operate through something other than PnR. And that something is ISO which I despise. While you do need someone who can ISO at the end of the shot clock, I hate it when every damn possession is ran as if it's at the end of the shot clock.
Yes, our fast breaks would be greatly improved. But scoring early in the shot clock goes against our defensive plan which needs a slower pace to minimize total possessions by both teams in the game.

That's why I am kind of on the fence about Lonzo. Yes he ✔️ a lot of boxes, but he would also put us on a direction towards a crappy , non- efficient offense.

Can someone please tell me I am wrong. I really need a different take
Knickkilla
Starter
And1: 615

Post#25 » by Knickkilla » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Check out this article regarding Scary Terry

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mortenjensen/2021/04/30/the-evolution-of-terry-rozier/?sh=245be695cbc4

Now, 122 games into his career as a Hornet, Rozier's persistence has paid off. He's sitting at a rock solid 39.9% accuracy from deep range, and doing so on considerably higher volume than what he sported in Boston.

Since signing with the Hornets, the former Louisville guard has generally improved his floor game. He's shooting career-best numbers from the mid-range area, he's sporting career-best numbers in AST% and his efficiency (TS% of 58.4 this season) has never been higher.

Secondly, Rozier can score when moving off the ball. 82.2% of his three-pointers have been assisted, and that number could be duplicated next year, especially if Ball remains healthy.

Yet, during that stretch, he's found a way to produce elsewhere. His 7.2 assists are up from the 4.1 he generally averages. He has a TOV% of just 7.9 which would rank 21st in entire NBA for the season, and seventh among guards.
#‎NBAVote‬ Carmelo Anthony
Ph@t Joe
Senior
And1: 136

Post#26 » by Ph@t Joe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Scratch Sexton off the list

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/06/who-will-cleveland-cavaliers-target-in-free-agency-this-offseason-hey-chris.html

It should also be noted that Gilbert is a fan of the Core Four (Darius Garland, Collin Sexton, Isaac Okoro and Jarrett Allen), especially Sexton -- a player Gilbert has liked since Sexton’s pre-draft workout at Cleveland Clinic Courts in 2018. Gilbert recognizes the upside of staying the course.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#28 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:41 pm

Listen it wouldn't be RJ for Lillard, it would be RJ plus just about every player you drafted the last 4 yrs plus picks so in that regard I can agree with not going after him but there are far lesser players that I'd consider trading RJ for so lets not overrate him either. Of course he's a player you attempt to keep out of trades cuz it would be nice to keep him along with the talent upgrade but he's not the type of player you refuse to trade for Lillard.

Return to New York Knicks