?s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Re: Dirk is back 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Can’t hurt.

Highly intelligent.. well respected.. and most importantly, knows what this franchise is/has been missing more than anyone currently employed.
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#3 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Smart PR move from Mr Shark Tank. Buys him time and gets him good media mileage. Now on to the real search. This is just fluff.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#4 » by Darren » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Maybe the Mavs is unwilling to trade away KP after the Kemba-Horford trade done. It seems as if the Mavs still intends to build around KP and Doncic. Dirk's familiar to both to some extent. I think Dirk could help. The intangible Dirk bring to the franchise is invaluable. But Dirk should be hired as shooting coach from 3pt and FT as well. KP lacks the work ethics, smart, mental and physical toughness compared to Dirk. To turn KP from nothing into something seem to be the goal of the offseason. Quite clearly, Donnie isn't good at drafting and winning trade. Donnie is just good as a Euro scout; not very well as a GM. The Mavs lose big draft-wise and trade -wise for a lot of years. RC doesn't seem to be creative enough to work with extraordinary talent. I wonder if the Heats make Spoetra available this offseason.

To bulk up KP and never rests KP for load management seem inevitable. I wonder if KP is ready to such changes. I don't really want KP to be a guard. KP has to be a truely big on the floor. The narrow should and skinny frame doesn't work well for either end. The Mavs has to wake up from fantasy that KP could guard the paint like Gobert and guard the perimeter like young Ibaka. This is obviously not the case. The Mavs couldn't hide KP for zone defense in playoff obviously. It's too easy to be resolved by good teams and elite players. KP has to be an archor in paint, rebounding-wise and shot-blocking-wise. This is ridiculous that Shawn Bradley is better defender than KP. So is Boban. Somethings should be wrong.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,796

Post#5 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:03 pm

In Dirk we trust. Again.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Cuban had to do it, it's a big shake up, and you need freindly and familiar faces around.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:12 pm

arkuo wrote:Smart PR move from Mr Shark Tank. Buys him time and gets him good media mileage. Now on to the real search. This is just fluff.
Indeed.

Let's hope this is the beginning to a solid front office rebuild.

We deserve it as fans.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#8 » by fuller4379 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Does this mean Finley as GM and Kidd as coach? :lol:
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#9 » by JD45 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:49 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Does this mean Finley as GM and Kidd as coach? :lol:

Finley is "In Like Flynn."
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#10 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:30 pm

That does make a lot sense however if they go with Finley I really think the also promote Jamahl Mosley instead of going with Kidd. It could just as easily be Kidd though.

I’m not certain that Finley is the guy though. Obviously he wants the job but this is not like going to the Bulls last year. This team has a bonafide superstar at the beginning of his career. A 22 year old generational talent. Whoever they bring in HAS to be aggressive and put an elite team around Luka (and do it fast). He’s good enough to win titles right now, which is why this has to be done now.

So with that in mind do they go with Finley? He’s well respected around the league and has been assisting with the job for the last 7 years or so. He’s loved by the fanbase and has a long history with the organization. He’s never been “the man” though. Masai Ujiri is also well respected around the league, and has experience and has skins on the wall. He’s a proven guy that any team in the NBA would love to have run their team.

It’s a hard decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#11 » by ejs78 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:49 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Does this mean Finley as GM and Kidd as coach?
I think its a bad look if Kidd is the coach given his past and the Mavs past.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#12 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Mr B wrote:

That does make a lot sense however if they go with Finley I really think the also promote Jamahl Mosley instead of going with Kidd. It could just as easily be Kidd though.

I’m not certain that Finley is the guy though. Obviously he wants the job but this is not like going to the Bulls last year. This team has a bonafide superstar at the beginning of his career. A 22 year old generational talent. Whoever they bring in HAS to be aggressive and put an elite team around Luka (and do it fast). He’s good enough to win titles right now, which is why this has to be done now.

So with that in mind do they go with Finley? He’s well respected around the league and has been assisting with the job for the last 7 years or so. He’s loved by the fanbase and has a long history with the organization. He’s never been “the man” though. Masai Ujiri is also well respected around the league, and has experience and has skins on the wall. He’s a proven guy that any team in the NBA would love to have run their team.

It’s a hard decision.

If Cuban has the option between Fin and Masai that would be a no-brainer.
The question would be if Masai has any interest in working for Cuban.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#13 » by Mr B » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

It’s a hard decision.

If Cuban has the option between Fin and Masai that would be a no-brainer.
The question would be if Masai has any interest in working for Cuban.

Also very true. I’m not sure what Masai was getting paid in Toronto but I would think Cuban would have to at least double it to get him to consider coming to Dallas. As well as full control over the team and coaching hire. Cuban would still have final say because he actually signs the checks however all decisions will be Masai’s. If he does that I bet he could get Masai, the question is Cuban willing to do it? Is this his Bill Parcels moment.

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#14 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:21 pm

If Dirk can right this ship after this turmoil, Cuban should give him at least 5% share of the franchise.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by fuller4379 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:18 pm

This might actually happen. :banghead:
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by fuller4379 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:22 am