Climate Pledge Arena

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#1 » by Det the Threat » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:40 pm

To add another wrinkle to it.

Climate Pledge Arena will now cost around $1.15 billion to "renovate" and part of that was, according to Tim Leiweke, because the ownership group added certain things for the arena to be NBA ready

“We have continued to add to the building, and there were also COVID-19-related costs,” Leiweke said. “But a lot of it is things we decided to add and do. There were the things we committed to get the arena deal with the city, then the things we needed to do in order to get the NHL franchise. And then there’s the NBA component so we can be NBA-ready if and when the league ever decides to make a team available.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Re: Climate Pledge Arena (updates) 

Post#2 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Jul 3, 2021 6:01 pm

Came here specifically to rave about this arena. Would absolutely make multi-state pilgrimage to catch NBA game there once a team is back in SEA. Just gorgeous. Friend was recently there, amazed. Got their Kraken gear lol.
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#3 » by theagent » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:10 pm

It's basically a smaller limited west version of Fiserv Forum with a gaudy roof
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:Came here specifically to rave about this arena. Would absolutely make multi-state pilgrimage to catch NBA game there once a team is back in SEA. Just gorgeous. Friend was recently there, amazed. Got their Kraken gear lol.

I'm not particularly an NHL fan and followed the San Jose Sharks slightly for a season or two, but I am interested in becoming a Kraken fan and starting my NHL fandom. Tickets to the games are obviously extremely expensive for the inaugural season ($150+), but I hope to catch at least one game.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Re: Climate Pledge Arena 

Post#5 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 pm

Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Of course I’m sure the New Orleans basketball fans would love to steal the Jazz back, so.

Just curious how much fan support New Orleans actually gets. Seems like a good hockey town and New Orleans Kraken sounds cool lol. Maybe I’m ridiculous but Sonics basketball >>> Kraken hockey.

Just not a fan of diluting the NBA and NHL more than it already is.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Of course I’m sure the New Orleans basketball fans would love to steal the Jazz back, so.

Just curious how much fan support New Orleans actually gets. Seems like a good hockey town and New Orleans Kraken sounds cool lol. Maybe I’m ridiculous but Sonics basketball >>> Kraken hockey.

Hey, some of us like Hockey! :wink:

New Orleans can keep their basketball team.

If the NBA decides to expand, then Seattle will get a team. No need to sacrifice one for the other here!

The NBA will be back. But in the meantime, Seattle is a Hockey town!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#7 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Why can’t they just trade the Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans? Guess that’s not how business works but it kinda makes sense to me lol?

Hey, some of us like Hockey! :wink:

New Orleans can keep their basketball team.

If the NBA decides to expand, then Seattle will get a team. No need to sacrifice one for the other here!

The NBA will be back. But in the meantime, Seattle is a Hockey town!

I’m just not a fan of diluting the NBA product and think maybe they should just do 31 teams if they’re set on expansion. I personally do not see why they need to expand to 32 myself but that’s just me.

Seattle Kraken seem like a good rival for the Avs fans to go check out lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:22 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 am

Read on Twitter
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#10 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 12:34 am

Did the Sprint Center in Kansas City also go over budget under T. Leiweke or was it planned to be NBA & NHL ready originally?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball