ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#1281 » by douggood » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:33 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
douggood wrote:interview, and they did have 16th pick up to a week ago, the interview might have happened before they traded pick.
he talked to bulls, who have no 1st, again that probably happened before lottery.

Maybe it is just a timing thing. I do think Stevens is a wild card as he is calling the shot now. I doubt he just stands pat considering the volume of workouts Boston is doing.

My guess is that Marcus Smart would be on the move. But I've also heard that JB and Stevens don't get along, and that it was going to be one or the other who had to go.

Brown for the 4th pick?

they just hired browns choice of coach, udoka, Tatum was in Billups camp
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,497
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#1282 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:55 am

Is Colin Sexton really worth the max?
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#1283 » by agkagk » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:05 am

SharoneWright wrote:Is Colin Sexton really worth the max?

God no.

He might not even be a legit starter on a winning team.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,621

Post#1284 » by Psubs » Fri Jul 2, 2021 9:13 pm

I would say $15 million.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#1285 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Jul 5, 2021 4:23 pm

No,
But when has that ever stopped someone from getting the max?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#1286 » by KrazyP » Mon Jul 5, 2021 4:53 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Didn't know if a whole thread was needed. But I have read so much about how analytics don't like mid range J's. And Nick nurse doesn't let players shoot floaters. But all the guards and wings who have emerged as great players in these playoffs have one or both. Kawhi, PG, Chris Paul, Morant, Trae, Booker, KD, Harden, on and on....

In playoffs the D can protect the rim and run guys off the line, so you need that mid range game to win in the playoffs.

This is a good point and I feel it doesn't get discussed enough. The mid-range game might be more "inefficient" than other shots but its still a much needed aspect of a versatile offense. Teams who's best players aren't a threat in the midrange are extremely easy to defend.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#1287 » by Mikistan » Fri Jul 9, 2021 11:26 am

KrazyP wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Didn't know if a whole thread was needed. But I have read so much about how analytics don't like mid range J's. And Nick nurse doesn't let players shoot floaters. But all the guards and wings who have emerged as great players in these playoffs have one or both. Kawhi, PG, Chris Paul, Morant, Trae, Booker, KD, Harden, on and on....

In playoffs the D can protect the rim and run guys off the line, so you need that mid range game to win in the playoffs.

This is a good point and I feel it doesn't get discussed enough. The mid-range game might be more "inefficient" than other shots but its still a much needed aspect of a versatile offense. Teams who's best players aren't a threat in the midrange are extremely easy to defend.

I have never heard the claim that nurse doesn't let players shoot floaters before...
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,155

Post#1288 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 12:16 pm

Mikistan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

I have never heard the claim that nurse doesn't let players shoot floaters before...

Nurse wants FVV to get rejected at the net. thats what Nurse wants because thats what we keep seeing

/s
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#1289 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 12:38 pm

It's not even about the mid range game its the ability to get to your spots and make it every.. single... time.

That's what elite scorers do, we desperately need guys who can make Plays and get a bucket from anywhere or get to the line. God bless Demar he was up there in thst regard but lacked shooting from deep and an elite handle... he's starting to make the right passes now though.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#1290 » by KrazyP » Fri Jul 9, 2021 2:33 pm

Mikistan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

I don't think its Nick Nurse. We just dont have the personnel to be operate in the mid-range right now. The 2020 team at least had Marc Gasol who couldnt score but could be a facilitator in the mid-range. I think part of the reasoning for the Trent-Powell trade (outside of age) is that Trent has the potential to make a shot for himself anywhere whereas Powell was strictly a drive to the net or hit the 3 type scorer.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,518

Post#1291 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Mikistan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

More than one poster mentioned it to in game threads this year, in the context of why doesn't Fred develop a floater.. I took their word for it.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#1292 » by Mikistan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

More than one poster mentioned it to in game threads this year, in the context of why doesn't Fred develop a floater.. I took their word for it.

Ah I see

I think that is a hilarious tongue in cheek comment - like most things in the game threads.

Consider that Kyle Lowry has also not developed a floater - he showed a bit more use of one to start early this season. But he always liked to run into the lane, throw his body into the trees and finish with contact among some speed scoop layups.
FVV is of the same mold - he is a big upper body and bumps you to get his space (but usually his up and under scoops miss :O)

I do agree they both need it - because as a Raptor you dont get calls, but you also dont get the chance of drawing fouls ... i think they all need it in their toolbox because a quick 2 pts not being challenged by a blocker and telegraphing your timing is very important, (kind of like an in-between game of long 2 mid 2 pull-ups and not just spamming 3pt/layup/dunks ONLY
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#1293 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:13 am

KrazyP wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

I don't think its Nick Nurse. We just dont have the personnel to be operate in the mid-range right now. The 2020 team at least had Marc Gasol who couldnt score but could be a facilitator in the mid-range. I think part of the reasoning for the Trent-Powell trade (outside of age) is that Trent has the potential to make a shot for himself anywhere whereas Powell was strictly a drive to the net or hit the 3 type scorer.

weird thing is I think Norm did have a mid-range game. When he wasn't as confident of his 3 point shot a couple of years ago he would drive in and take a mid-range jumpshot which did go in quite often. He went away from it in the last two years.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#1294 » by Blood Orange » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,855

Post#1295 » by Caped Crusader » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Can we talk about just how bad Space Jam 2 is?

LeBron stopped chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan only to chase Michael B Jordan and even then, MJ is still better than him, both on the court and behind the cameras.

This effectively ruins the legacy of Space Jam lol. Critics and audiences alike are going in on it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,518

Post#1296 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:18 pm

The Rachel Nichols thread got closed, and this isn't worth a new one, but the ticker says Maria Taylor is close to signing with NBC. More for football than anything. Will be interesting to see what happens to Rachel, and who fills in for Taylor, etc.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263341/Maria-Taylor-Close-To-Deal-With-NBC-Sports
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,331

Post#1297 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Imageine Giannis never signed that extension. Jesus .. we would all be buzzing right now.

a line up of

FVV/Flynn
Lowry/Trent
OG/
Siakam/
Giannis/Mobley

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,592

Post#1298 » by Ackshun » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Anybody else watching space jam 2 tonight???!
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,331

Post#1299 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Ackshun wrote:Anybody else watching space jam 2 tonight???!

Save the 2 hours to do something else
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,592

Post#1300 » by Ackshun » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Ackshun wrote:Anybody else watching space jam 2 tonight???!

Save the 2 hours to do something else

Watched it for the kids. The 5 year old usually watches everything 5-6 times.

She said she's cool watching Space Jam once.

Return to Toronto Raptors