Jordan Poole

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Jordan Poole 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 4:12 pm

FNQ wrote:Just want to re-hash this thread for one reason:

Guess who's Curry's *best* pairing was on the team last year?

Jordan Poole: +11.2 (226 min)
Kevon Looney: +10.1 (800 min) -- a lot of this can be attributed to replacing James Wiseman (-9.2; 534 min)
Kent Bazmore: +7.4 (845 min)
JTA: +7.1 (636 min)
Draymond: +6.2 (1740 min)

If you're running a death squad, why not Poole and Curry in the backcourt? :dontknow:

Depending on who we might bring in, Poole could start alongside Steph early on until Klay can get back on the floor.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#62 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 8, 2021 4:19 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

Kevon Looney: +10.1 (800 min) -- a lot of this can be attributed to replacing James Wiseman (-9.2; 534 min)

If you're running a death squad, why not Poole and Curry in the backcourt? :dontknow:

Depending on who we might bring in, Poole could start alongside Steph early on until Klay can get back on the floor.

Yup, been banging this drum for a while. Curry becomes super efficient when there’s another deadly shooter out there.. these 2 together had a 7% advantage in both FG and 3pt% against the opposition. Not sustainable, but telling.. until someone takes the role, Poole should be on the death squad
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#63 » by Onus » Thu Jul 8, 2021 4:32 pm

FNQ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Yup, been banging this drum for a while. Curry becomes super efficient when there’s another deadly shooter out there.. these 2 together had a 7% advantage in both FG and 3pt% against the opposition. Not sustainable, but telling.. until someone takes the role, Poole should be on the death squad

I really don't see why Poole didn't get any run at the beginning of the year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#64 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:18 pm

Lee was our 10th man this season, so promoting him for no reason other than striking out in FA/the draft means we're real dumb.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#65 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:32 pm

and1GS wrote:Lee was our 10th man this season, so promoting him for no reason other than striking out in FA/the draft means we're real dumb.

Somewhere on the end of the bench, depends on who looks like what in training camp. There will be a lot of competition for those spots. Still think GPII has a shot to make the roster.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by FNQ » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:20 am

:lol: Poole pretty bad at handoffs, I mean.. 0.5 pts per handoff.

Wish I watched Poole in college to have teammate context like Bouknight here
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#68 » by Impuniti » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:21 am

Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I really don't see why Poole didn't get any run at the beginning of the year.

Because
1. Kelly "I didn't get a fair shot" was playing and
2. Poole was awful his first year/took him some time to raise his game which showed moreso during the 2nd half of the season
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#69 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:24 am

Mylie10 wrote:

I like Poole, but man, if he's the best option we have to start at SG next season, he either took a big step this summer, or Myers really spent more time doing duck faces on Instagram than acting like a GM.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by FNQ » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:23 am

killmongrel wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I like Poole, but man, if he's the best option we have to start at SG next season, he either took a big step this summer, or Myers really spent more time doing duck faces on Instagram than acting like a GM.

I think aside from drafting Moody or Klay having a miraculous quick recovery, he will be the best option we have at SG to start next season. The only question is whether or not we'll have a better alternative at SG/SF over backup PG, because he may have to be in that role.

But based on the limited minutes he shared with Steph, those lineups really looked great.. Poole's individual numbers stayed pretty static, but Steph's jumped, and guys like Lee and Bazemore also spiked because the defense had to (once again) account for 2 microwaves on offense, and that's always where our bread has been buttered
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#71 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:06 am

FNQ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I think aside from drafting Moody or Klay having a miraculous quick recovery, he will be the best option we have at SG to start next season. The only question is whether or not we'll have a better alternative at SG/SF over backup PG, because he may have to be in that role.

But based on the limited minutes he shared with Steph, those lineups really looked great.. Poole's individual numbers stayed pretty static, but Steph's jumped, and guys like Lee and Bazemore also spiked because the defense had to (once again) account for 2 microwaves on offense, and that's always where our bread has been buttered
I'm a Poole believer, and I ain't hating on the optimism you guys have that he is gonna be good enough to be the starter at SG, but like I said, I have a hard time accepting that's the best Myers can do this summer. No offense to Poole. Just seems like our expectations are so low for our free agency.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#72 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:14 am

killmongrel wrote:
FNQ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

I'm a Poole believer, and I ain't hating on the optimism you guys have that he is gonna be good enough to be the starter at SG, but like I said, I have a hard time accepting that's the best Myers can do this summer. No offense to Poole. Just seems like our expectations are so low for our free agency.

Bob can only do so much with what he can offer which is the vet min and TP MLE. Free agents are going to have to choose the Warriors and be willing to come off the bench except for maybe starting at SG until Klay is ready.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#73 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:17 am

whatisacenter wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Bob can only do so much with what he can offer which is the vet min and TP MLE. Free agents are going to have to choose the Warriors and be willing to come off the bench except for maybe starting at SG until Klay is ready.
Agreed, but damn, Poole until Klay gets healthy? Poole better look a level better this summer.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#74 » by Impuniti » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:35 pm

Another guard is needed either way. Pool, Steph and Klay is not much. Is Baze staying, because the only way it will on the min.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#75 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:21 pm

killmongrel wrote:
FNQ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

No just saying that they might have to start Poole some to ease Klay back. That’s all. At least from me.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#76 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Impuniti wrote:Another guard is needed either way. Pool, Steph and Klay is not much. Is Baze staying, because the only way it will on the min.
We may get a guard in the draft, plus we may have a surprise in Mannion. Let's see if he can do well at the Olympics after very good performances in the pre-olympic tournament.
I think we are getting a wing and either a guard or a big in the draft and fill the rest with free agents.

Something like
Curry Klay Wiggins Dray [TPMLE]
Poole [rookie] [rookie] JTA Wiseman
Mannion Lee Bazemore Paschall Looney

I have no idea who we'll draft but any combination of Moody, Giddey, Sengun, Kispert, Duarte, Wagner, Mitchell and Bouknight could be really good.
Looking at the fit probably Moody and Giddey (moving Poole at sg) would be my favorite combination, but I'm against drafting for fit, so I didn't put names in the roster.

It would be nice to get a decent starting center with the MLE because Wiseman will need time to recover and then time to develop and Looney is reliable, but I don't want him to be our best center.
If Love is bought out he could be a decent get, even if his defense isn't good. We'd have the defensive C Looney and the stretch big Love. I think Love is a good fit with Dray.

Edit: I forgot Jessup could make the roster. He's could potentially take Lee's roster spot or be a two-way.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by FNQ » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:43 pm

killmongrel wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I'm a Poole believer, and I ain't hating on the optimism you guys have that he is gonna be good enough to be the starter at SG, but like I said, I have a hard time accepting that's the best Myers can do this summer. No offense to Poole. Just seems like our expectations are so low for our free agency.

Agreed, but damn, Poole until Klay gets healthy? Poole better look a level better this summer.

Poole and Curry were +12 together.. how much better does Poole need to be? Being the best paired with Curry is at least worth exploring on some level
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,784

Post#78 » by floppymoose » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Onus wrote:I really don't see why Poole didn't get any run at the beginning of the year.

Because he hadn't earned it. Instead he spent the first half in the dev league, and that ended up being great for him.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#79 » by killmongrel » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:11 pm

FNQ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Poole and Curry were +12 together.. how much better does Poole need to be? Being the best paired with Curry is at least worth exploring on some level

Definitely worth exploring. Also, a scenario where I'm underestimating Jordan Poole is a scenario I want to be wrong about. Just don't like the fact that, with all the assets and moves Myers could do this summer, he might resort to just starting Jordan Poole. This isn't so much not believing in Jordan Poole, who I have been bullish about for a while. Just a belief that a competent FO could get us a viable starter while continuing to let Jordan grow and experience success coming off the bench.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#80 » by Onus » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:13 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Onus wrote:I really don't see why Poole didn't get any run at the beginning of the year.

Because he hadn't earned it. Instead he spent the first half in the dev league, and that ended up being great for him.

He was the best player in the dubble. Ended last year on a really high note. And this year he was buried behind Wanamaker and lee. Was this a development year or was it not? Because starting wiseman should’ve signaled development year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors