Draft prospects scheduled

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Draft prospects scheduled 

Post#81 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:31 am

Donnie Walsh began every predraft presser with a reminder that he always lied in the weeks before the draft. I know he's just a senior advisor now but it's still true that no team has a reason to honestly leak their draft plans. Rumors do not concern me.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#82 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:42 am

I like Wagner, Kai, Moody, Jalen and Keon Johnson, and Mitchell. That's 6 names and everyone is mocking the same top 6 so that's 12. Bouknight would qualify as the 13th name. Kispert and Williams makes 15. 3 of those 9 will be there.

Do you see 3 you hate enough to prefer to trade down?

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#83 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:43 am

Wizop wrote:Donnie Walsh began every predraft presser with a reminder that he always lied in the weeks before the draft. I know he's just a senior advisor now but it's still true that no team has a reason to honestly leak their draft plans. Rumors do not concern me.

Sent from my phone.

He’s not even a senior advisor anymore. He’s fully retired and separated from the franchise, officially. He’s just a really good friend and trusted voice going forward.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#84 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:25 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:Donnie Walsh began every predraft presser with a reminder that he always lied in the weeks before the draft. I know he's just a senior advisor now but it's still true that no team has a reason to honestly leak their draft plans. Rumors do not concern me.

Sent from my phone.

He’s not even a senior advisor anymore. He’s fully retired and separated from the franchise, officially. He’s just a really good friend and trusted voice going forward.
Right. He's a year and a half older than I am so retirement makes sense. But the philosophy still stands even though he stopped giving the speech a long time ago.

Sent from my phone.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#85 » by Wizop » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:17 pm

The star"s latest subscribers' story says Doug likely gone and Pacers want someone who will play as a rookie. He says they like Kispert and Duarte. If no one is at 13 that is NBA ready, trading for a veteran with at least two years left on his contract or trading down is an option.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#86 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:27 pm

I think Jalen Green is going to be the best player from this draft

In terms of steals of the draft, I think Tre Mann is going to outperform his draft position

Green is going in the top 4, and Tre Mann is projected to go late in the first round, so I don't know who I want to see them pick at #13
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,266

Post#87 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 am

Wizop wrote:I like Wagner, Kai, Moody, Jalen and Keon Johnson, and Mitchell. That's 6 names and everyone is mocking the same top 6 so that's 12. Bouknight would qualify as the 13th name. Kispert and Williams makes 15. 3 of those 9 will be there.

Sent from my phone.

Yes. Kispert and Mitchell are two players that I'm out on. Kai also doesn't fit with us positionally and has some question marks.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:57 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:I can’t recall people disliking Turner for his motor. I’ve really only ever heard people disliking Turner for his lack of rebounding numbers, and because they thought that he’d turn out to be a 20/15 type perennial DPOY type player. His lack of turning into a superstar is what has soured fans on him the most. And that’s realistically not Turner’s fault.

Ding, ding, ding. That's exactly it. Most of the hate that Myles gets is due to him not developing into a dominant offensive player and due to his rebounding numbers.

I could see how some people could attribute rebounding to motor (as motor does play a role there) but I don't think that it's a motor issue with Myles. I think that it's a lack of rebounding tools. Myles doesn't have a good nose for the ball when it's in the air. The best rebounders have a knack of knowing where the ball is going to land and getting to that spot. Myles also doesn't have good timing on the boards. He often jumps earlier than he should and doesn't meet the ball at its apex. Myles also has a poor second jump. He cannot jump immediately after he lands. He needs to wind up faster and that costs him when he blocks the shot and has to jump again to get the ball or when the ball unexpectedly hits the rim again or gets tipped around.

I really don't know why people were projecting Myles to be a double-digit rebounder. He never had the tools for it, imo.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Wizop
RealGM

Post#89 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:49 am

Nuntius wrote:
Wizop wrote:I like Wagner, Kai, Moody, Jalen and Keon Johnson, and Mitchell. That's 6 names and everyone is mocking the same top 6 so that's 12. Bouknight would qualify as the 13th name. Kispert and Williams makes 15. 3 of those 9 will be there.

Sent from my phone.

Yes. Kispert and Mitchell are two players that I'm out on. Kai also doesn't fit with us positionally and has some question marks.
If those are the 3 names from my list left at 13, I'd take Kai because I think he can be a 4. I wouldn't throw things if we took Mitchell. I'd be unhappy with Kispert because I worry about his athleticism.

Sent from my phone.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:02 pm

Wizop wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Sent from my phone.

If those are the 3 names from my list left at 13, I'd take Kai because I think he can be a 4. I wouldn't throw things if we took Mitchell. I'd be unhappy with Kispert because I worry about his athleticism.

Sent from my phone.

Personally, I would be unhappy with all 3 of them. I would rather trade down if they're the only ones on the board since I believe we can find players lower in the draft that are at least equal with them (if not better).

For a PG, I straight-up like Ayo Dosunmu more than Mitchell. And Dosunmu is projected a lot lower.

For an athletic big, I like Usman Garuba more than Kai Jones. And Garuba is generally projected a bit lower.

For a shooting/skilled big, I like Sandro Mamukelashvili more than Kai Jones. And Sandro is projected as a possible second rounder (not even a given, he could be there at #54).

For a pure shooter, I like Wieskamp and Trey Murphy about as much as I like Kispert. And they are both projected to go lower than him.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:21 pm

And since I talked about Sandro Mamukelashvili, allow me to post some videos of him:

He is a 6'10 (with shoes) PF/C with a 7'1 wingspan and a very high skill level. His ball-handling is legitimately great, he doesn't get slowed down by the ball at all and he is a very good passer with a good perimeter shot. His career 3pt% isn't great (33.9%) but he did shoot 43.4% on 2.7 attempts in his third year and 33.6% on 4.6 attempts in his fourth year. The guy is just skilled offensively. His downsides are that he isn't good in the post (not very physical), isn't a spectacular athlete (mobility notwithstanding) and will probably suck defensively.

Still, though, he is projected as a late second rounder and if he's there at #54, I'd 100% take him.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Wizop
RealGM

Post#92 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:36 pm

Nuntius wrote:Still, though, he is projected as a late second rounder and if he's there at #54, I'd 100% take him.

Chad Ford ranks him #75 with a ranger from 45 to undrafted. he's 22 which will turn off some teams. I can see him as a 2 way but he's a little old to just stash in Europe for development.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#94 » by Moooose » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Nuntius wrote:And since I talked about Sandro Mamukelashvili, allow me to post some videos of him:

Still, though, he is projected as a late second rounder and if he's there at #54, I'd 100% take him.

Glad that somebody else has noticed Mamukelashvili. I sure do hope the Pacers can get him in the 2nd round.

I honestly think he is being undervalued in the mock drafts too much. As I've posted before, this kid can learn from Domas. Their skillsets aren't too far apart.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Wizop wrote:
Nuntius wrote:Still, though, he is projected as a late second rounder and if he's there at #54, I'd 100% take him.

Chad Ford ranks him #75 with a ranger from 45 to undrafted. he's 22 which will turn off some teams. I can see him as a 2 way but he's a little old to just stash in Europe for development.

That range sounds accurate, yeah. It's true that he's 22 but I don't see why that would scare things off at the same time that Duarte, who is older than him, is slated to go as high as mid 1st. I believe that Sandro can anchor a team's second unit on offense.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#96 » by Tom White » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Nuntius wrote:That range sounds accurate, yeah. It's true that he's 22 but I don't see why that would scare things off at the same time that Duarte, who is older than him, is slated to go as high as mid 1st. I believe that Sandro can anchor a team's second unit on offense.

Isn't Duarte supposedly one of the best (if not the best) shooters/scorers in the draft?
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Nuntius » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Tom White wrote:
Nuntius wrote:That range sounds accurate, yeah. It's true that he's 22 but I don't see why that would scare things off at the same time that Duarte, who is older than him, is slated to go as high as mid 1st. I believe that Sandro can anchor a team's second unit on offense.

Isn't Duarte supposedly one of the best (if not the best) shooters/scorers in the draft?

One of the best shooters, yes. Not one of the best scorers.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Moooose wrote:
Nuntius wrote:And since I talked about Sandro Mamukelashvili, allow me to post some videos of him:

Glad that somebody else has noticed Mamukelashvili. I sure do hope the Pacers can get him in the 2nd round.

I honestly think he is being undervalued in the mock drafts too much. As I've posted before, this kid can learn from Domas. Their skillsets aren't too far apart.

Absolutely no issue with me with taking him in the 2nd and letting him take Amida Brimah's two-way slot. Ideally, if we keep both 2nds, the other 2nd should likely be a guard or wing that can push Stanley for the other two way spot.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#99 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:22 pm

another 2nd round big option is Queta.

I'm getting more and more comfortable with Doug walking. I can even see keeping JaKaar and drafting a wing to replace Doug.

One 2nd rounder gets a 2-way and the other either stays in Europe or just is waived and signed by the Ants.
owlwo
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#100 » by owlwo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 am

Return to Indiana Pacers