Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,654

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#81 » by nzahir » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:26 pm

HMFFL wrote:Westbrook makes perfect sense if a deal can be reached. Lebron will greatly benefit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

How so?

Awful spacing

Worse on D
HanzGruber
Senior
And1: 1,079

Post#82 » by HanzGruber » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:27 pm

I’ll take it but I don’t see why the Lakers would do that
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#83 » by picc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm

Westbrook would FEAST on the Lakers. Remember how good he made Steven Adams slow unathletic ass look? Imagine him with AD. If LA just played two shooters alongside he, Lebron, and AD, you would see Westbrook put numbers from years ago.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#84 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm

Lol what? I don’t know about this. Who keeps on insisting we need another full-time ball-handler playmaker? Magic Johnson already left the front office. We were much better when Lebron was pretty much our point guard full-time when he averaged 10+ assists.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#85 » by Pointgod » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:29 pm

I’m a Lakers fan and this just reeks of desperation. This is a horrible fit as much as I love Westbrook.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#86 » by JN61 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:31 pm

If Lakers offer pick with this deal it seems like fair return for Westbrook's massive contract.

While I think Westbrook offers you superior return next year or two, you can't just make an argument even as if someone is die hard Wizards fan that this Wizards team can compete for a championship. Let alone for a Eastern Conference finals spot. This is best case scenario 2nd round exit team with zero depth.

There is also always upside on waiting this trade out for Wizards if Westbrook continues going HAMMM with 14 assist per game averages and Beal continues beasting with 30 PPG average. That is like trading 2 superstars in their prime type of value at that point.

Still Westbrook's value is now superior to what it was end of last year.

We will see if Wizards think playoff basketball is enough for their fans or if it's fire sale and early strong rebuild in style of OKC.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#87 » by Lalouie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:33 pm

this will SOOO not work. if you take the ball out of westbrook's hands you essentially emaciate him. and you know lebron will not just watch westbrook dominate the ball

this is basically a tht for westbrook trade. kuzma is worthless filler and the lakers won't give schroeder what he'll ask for
JN61
RealGM

Post#88 » by JN61 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Up-And-Coming wrote:Lol what? I don’t know about this. Who keeps on insisting we need another full-time ball-handler playmaker? Magic Johnson already left the front office. We were much better when Lebron was pretty much our point guard full-time when he averaged 10+ assists.

Well argument is Lebron is old as dirt in basketball standards. Him running offense 100% is disaster waiting to happen in the regular season as we have seen in 2 out of last 3 years and it's not getting better. You don't want another Kobe situation.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#89 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:39 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:NO!!!!!! No. I want to be able to continue to root for Russ and I won't be able to if he's a Laker. Lakers fans don't even deserve him. Acting like they don't want him. He's would be the best point guard your team has had this century.

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
JN61
RealGM

Post#90 » by JN61 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm

thebigbird wrote:
IgorK wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.

Did you watch the Finals? The team with exterior finesse & shooting got beat by a team that trotted out a huge lineup and dominated inside. Lakers bullied teams inside on their way to 2020 title, too.

Didn’t watch a second of the finals actually. But the Bucks had the 4th best three point percentage during the regular season at 38.9%, better than the Suns. The Bucks had shooting too. Westbrook isn’t exactly Giannis. He’s not a 7 footer who dominates inside. He’s a 6’3 point guard with diminishing athleticism who shoots 32% from 3 and 66% from the free throw line. He’d be an absolutely terrible addition to this team.

Westbrook is the best passer in the league in terms of creating open shots for inside players, he only once played with spacing on his team in his career so he has build his entire passing game to that. His lob/layup/dunk passing is heads and shoulders above anyone else in the league (backed by nba.com statistics) while totally lacking any competent center or power forward for that type of play for most of the last year.
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#91 » by IgorK » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:46 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
IgorK wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
Oh shut up :lol:

tHeY maDe iT wHeN it mAttErEd

They're not good 3 pt shooters. Get a grip

Except, they are. GeT a GriP dUdE.

AD's RS career high in 3 point percentage is 34% on 2 attempts. His second highest was last season 33% on 3.5 attempts. Last year in the playoffs, he was 38% but only on 2.9 attempts in 36.6 mpg. So no, AD is not a proficient three point shooter. Bron is not the greatest three point shooter but he definitely needs to be respected out there. AD not so much unless he is wide open.. if you put a hand up he's not going to shoot it from distance. With that said, AD is still a very good mid range shooter and he spreads the floor that way.

;ab_channel=BleacherReport

"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#92 » by lonzo_pelota » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:55 pm

westbrook is better than shroeder 7 outta 7 days a week
westbrook might avg 15asts with AD, BRON, AD windows 98 version, off layups and dunks alone
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#93 » by timO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 pm

mademan wrote:Wiz should take it and run as fast as they can. LOLakers tho. Does their FO not believe in spacing?

i think they prefer russ with the max than schroeder making 100/4 or more

kuzma and tht are scrubs
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#94 » by lonzo_pelota » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:00 pm

this also could be posturing for the package for dame time, if this looks like what we'd send for westbrook
add 2picks or swap kuzma for kcp and we might have something formidable
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#95 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:03 pm

April's Fools.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#96 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:09 pm

I had a feeling something like this would happen. Don't think the Lakers would need to include Horton-Tucker, though.
nbhadja
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#97 » by nbhadja » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:14 pm

LA would be better off avoiding this trade. They would be worse off with this trade.
JN61
RealGM

Post#98 » by JN61 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 pm

picc wrote:Westbrook would FEAST on the Lakers. Remember how good he made Steven Adams slow unathletic ass look? Imagine him with AD. If LA just played two shooters alongside he, Lebron, and AD, you would see Westbrook put numbers from years ago.

Look no further than Wizards center rotation:

Robin Lopez 9ppg in 19 min per game (per 36 career high). BY FAR career high 63.3% shooting, almost 5% higher than previous.
Westbrook assisting leading to 1.6 FGM per game averages with 62.7% shooting (about half of Lopez's FGM are assisted by Westbrook). However I must give credit to captain Hook himself. His weird looking hook shot is the most lethal hook in the NBA right now and teams should fight for Robin Lopez on this off season as silly as it sounds if someone haven't watched Lopez.

Alex Len with Toronto vs Wizards:
50% vs 61.9% FG. Again career high with Wizards.
For Len he assisted 1.1/2.7 FGM this year for 55.3% shooting. Len is mostly a dunker with low volume so there is noise but point being he created probably most of non putback opportunities for Len last year when he was on the floor with him.

Daniel Gafford:
Had a career year last year with just 23 games with Westbrook. While his FG% dropped 1% from 69% to 68% his volume over doubled with Wizards with 4.1 FGM per game and Westbrook assisting 0.7 of them with 65.2% of shooting. For most of the regular season it seems their minutes didn't really collide until towards very end.

And lastly their PF Rui Hachimura:
Struggled with injuries last year and was in and out of the lineup constantly and couldn't get rhythm so his sophomore season was disappointment for what most people expected I think? Scoring stayed about the same with minor increases on shooting efficiency as to be expected. Still Westbrook assisted 2.1 of 5.4 of his made field goals with slightly lower shooting %s.

So my take on this is as follow.
I honestly don't think Wizards want to get rid of Westbrook, unless it turns really sour really fast and star duo demands to be traded. Westbrook's value is just too high as of now for them to blow it up randomly. His end of the last season was legendary levels of passing and creating of NBA offense. We will see if nothing happens how well they take the recent hiring of unexperienced assistant coach in a win now situation. Didn't go well with Houston...
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#99 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Keep in mind that Spears was a long time Nuggets beat reporter while at the same time that Tommy Shepard was head of public relations for the team. If something smells off with the trade it’s probably a plant. Never in the history of the league have two guys from the same team have agreed to a sign and trade. It’s nonsense. This is just another reporter doing a friend a favor by bringing up the Lakers to raise trade value. There is nothing to see here. If the Lakers arent going to include THT for Lowry, they damn sure aren’t doing it for Westbrook.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,824

Post#100 » by KyRo23 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 pm

mademan wrote:Wiz should take it and run as fast as they can. LOLakers tho. Does their FO not believe in spacing?

I mean it’s not like Kuzma, THT and Schroder are floor spacers lol but yeah I think they should try and upgrade that part of their team for sure

Return to The General Board