Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,895

Re: Framework of Kuzma, THT and Schroeder for Westbrook being discussed 

Post#101 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#102 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:48 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
Best2EverDoIt wrote:NO!!!!!! No. I want to be able to continue to root for Russ and I won't be able to if he's a Laker. Lakers fans don't even deserve him. Acting like they don't want him. He's would be the best point guard your team has had this century.

:lol:
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 5,828

Post#103 » by Doranku » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Honestly... if this is what it takes to get Schroder and Kuzma off the team, I'm on board.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,304

Post#104 » by Bornstellar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:56 pm

This would be hilarious, I hope it happens. Lakers would probably get by on talent alone but I can't wait to see Westbrook pass up AD/LeBron with the game on the line to take a contested 3 pointer :lol:
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,008

Post#105 » by Young gun 6 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:16 pm

IgorK wrote:I still don't see the Lakers giving up all 3 of Kuzma, Schroder and THT for anyone outside of Dame or Steph (which also isn't happening). A S&T for Schroder + Kuzma + this year's FRP is the best package anyone is getting. I believe Caruso & THT are also borderline-untouchable not because they're so great but because Lakers need them badly for depth & fit purposes.

Wait what? Since when do these 3 have any value.

Schroder is about to be overpaid and a horrible contract for what he’s asking for. Kuzma is one of the most meh players in the league and you’d really have to be squinting to see THT as much of a prospect.

One of those scenarios where 3 meh items doesn’t suddenly mean you get something good back purely based on volume.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#106 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:37 pm

IgorK wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
IgorK wrote:
Except, they are. GeT a GriP dUdE.

AD's RS career high in 3 point percentage is 34% on 2 attempts. His second highest was last season 33% on 3.5 attempts. Last year in the playoffs, he was 38% but only on 2.9 attempts in 36.6 mpg. So no, AD is not a proficient three point shooter. Bron is not the greatest three point shooter but he definitely needs to be respected out there. AD not so much unless he is wide open.. if you put a hand up he's not going to shoot it from distance. With that said, AD is still a very good mid range shooter and he spreads the floor that way.

;ab_channel=BleacherReport

I showed numbers spanning multiple seasons and larger sample sizes and you are pointing to ONE play to prove your point that someone is a good three point shooter? Okay...? I put out a valid discussion point without insulting you or being condescending. And you literally gave nothing of substance as a rebuttal while being Childish and douchey at the same time.

I guess dwayne wade was a good three point shooter then.

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,151

Post#107 » by cpower » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Westbrook is not a top player any more but he will at least stay on the floor. I think it makes sense for Lakers, having Westbrook to handle more ball so that Lebron can take a break and AD will have an easy time too. They just need to get vet shooters.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#108 » by MelosSoreWrist » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:08 pm

AD and LBJ better work on their 3 pt shot and boxing out, Westbrook about to unleash his MVPbrook.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#109 » by mtron32 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:29 pm

thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.

Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#110 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Shroeder would want to go to Washington why?
Exactly.

Rule #1:
Is a trade legal? If not GTFO. This trade is only legal is Schroeder a) wants to sign with Wash and b) elects to complete a SnT.

As is, it's clickbait BS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#111 » by Edrees » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 pm

If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.

mtron32 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Why does Rob Pelinka think he’s building a team for 1981 and not 2021? Dude has refused to sign shooters for three years now when everyone knows how great LeBron is with spacing.

Seriously, all he needs to be signing is shooters, but it might be too late. THey got cute last summer and let Dwight get away and gave KCP and Kuz money, they should've been in the white van immediately after the bubble, and they should've drugged dwight and shipped him back to LA. They really need an offensive PG

I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#112 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
Exactly.

Rule #1:
Is a trade legal? If not GTFO. This trade is only legal is Schroeder a) wants to sign with Wash and b) elects to complete a SnT.

As is, it's clickbait BS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

With only so many teams under the cap, this might be the best way for Shroeder to get the most money for the most number of years. Everything from Denis this past season indicates he is after the most money as possible this signing period.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,801

Post#113 » by JJ_PR » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:18 am

If they cough up enough money, he'll go anywhere. I'm kinda glad my team doesn't have cap space this offseason.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,826

Post#114 » by KyRo23 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:21 am

I don’t get why so many people are against this for LA. Everyone making fun of Kuzma and Schroder all year… THT unfairly made fun of because LA DIDNT trade him… and Russ was getting a lot of praise on these forums all season, especially towards the end.

Is it just because he would be in LA that people act like it’s a horrible trade?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#115 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 am

KyRo23 wrote:I don’t get why so many people are against this for LA. Everyone making fun of Kuzma and Schroder all year… THT unfairly made fun of because LA DIDNT trade him… and Russ was getting a lot of praise on these forums all season, especially towards the end.

Is it just because he would be in LA that people act like it’s a horrible trade?

I think it’s more of the fit with Lebron and AD. I honestly don’t see the fit either both guys are high usage players and neither can play off the ball. I think it works in the regular season, but come playoff time it might make the team easier to defend against.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#116 » by mtron32 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 am

Edrees wrote:If he's the best player we can get for those 3 I say we do it.

mtron32 wrote:

I didn't know Dwight was a shooter. Can you make up your mind? Do the lakers need players like dwight or do they need shooters? Dwight isn't a shooter so it's either or. On one hand you're saying they can live with bad spacing (which is what they get with Dwight on the floor) on the other hand you're saying we need shooters which means don't sign players like Dwight...

They also need a big, they need a lot TBH
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#117 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:00 am

Man, just waiting for the bron era to come to an end. For the first time in my life I lost interest in my team. Westbrick would be the vomit on top of a cow dung patty.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Post#118 » by thebigbird » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:21 am

JellosJigglin wrote:Man, just waiting for the bron era to come to an end. For the first time in my life I lost interest in my team. Westbrick would be the vomit on top of a cow dung patty.

This is why I'll always hate that LeBron went to the Lakers.

The 5 years before LeBron signed:
27-55
21-61
17-65
26-56
35-47

LeBron comes to town, he gets AD to join him, and they win a championship in year 2. Yet the Kobe stans will never accept him. Wish he would've went to literally any other team.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#119 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 am

so they ddidnt want to give up tucker for lowy but giving up kuzma and tht for westbrook after an important chance to win is closed... kk
MostValQuitter
Junior
And1: 218

Post#120 » by MostValQuitter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 am

This rumor is bull both THT and Schroeder are FA and would have to agree to contracts before being traded. Good luck with that.

Return to The General Board