Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Re: Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1581 » by Shaffty » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Don't even need the video, though it would be a cool gesture. Dude made it his personal mission and brand to slander Khris at every opportunity. Just have to come on here and be humble and have enough respect to own it now, and we can all move onto bigger and better things.

I don't think people would harass him that bad. I'm not sure why he's avoiding. It was a terrible take, but it's fine move on and Just come back and celebrate with everyone!

We all have bad takes. But he was a relentless one trick pony.

everyone is wrong and dumb, but if you are wrong and dumb and refuse to admit it then you suck.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#1582 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:20 am

I honestly haven't paid attention to any of Dunn's nonsensical, hate-infused rants on Middleton for about 2-3 years now. But c'mon guys, let's not speak ill of the dead here....

(Khris buried him)

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#1583 » by Prez » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:57 am

I can understand DD being a ghost, this has to be one of the biggest Ls if not the biggest L anyone has taken on this board lol
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1584 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:07 am

Prez wrote:I can understand DD being a ghost, this has to be one of the biggest Ls if not the biggest L anyone has taken on this board lol

A few all time Ls post game 2 of the Nets series. :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1585 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:18 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Prez wrote:I can understand DD being a ghost, this has to be one of the biggest Ls if not the biggest L anyone has taken on this board lol

Me checking through the PG thread:
RiotPunch wrote:You don't trade Giannis, you nimrods.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#1586 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:30 am

RiotPunch wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

I was absolutely wasted and have no idea what if anything I posted but I know I'm not that much of a reactionary nimrod.

It's ok I love you all. We won.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1587 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:37 am

AussieBuck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:A few all time Ls post game 2 of the Nets series. :lol:

I was absolutely wasted and have no idea what if anything I posted but I know I'm not that much of a reactionary nimrod.

It's ok I love you all. We won.

I was hammered for 100% of PG threads these Playoffs. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1588 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:38 am

Fotis St wrote:I love David Dunn ... I love how we won a Championship with a fundamentally streaky player as our No2 . You actually can't call him out, based on Finals performance ... but he indeed carried us with Jrue against the Hawks when Giannis missed games cause of the injury. So
.... ya all were right on some part .... love ya all

Fotis...Khris was awesome in the finals..... :lol: :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#1589 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:42 am

H2tObes wrote:
Fotis St wrote:I love David Dunn ... I love how we won a Championship with a fundamentally streaky player as our No2 . You actually can't call him out, based on Finals performance ... but he indeed carried us with Jrue against the Hawks when Giannis missed games cause of the injury. So
.... ya all were right on some part .... love ya all

Fotis...Khris was awesome in the finals..... :lol: :lol:

Khris was indeed streaky and mostly **** in away games and thats' kinda what non stars do. I personally don't give a ****. I made my fan deal with Khris when we signed him to that huge deal. I actually remember that one, I said if he gave us 20 a game in playoffs with average efficiency and defense I was happy with the deal. The man delivered and I love him.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1590 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:03 am

I really don't think Khris was streaky in the playoffs, streaky is when a guy like CJ McCollum wins you 1 game then loses the next 2 because he does nothing well besides shoot. When you're a shooter like Khris you're going to have bad shooting nights every once in a while. His all around game for the playoff run was wayyy better than I expected, and of course he became a godlike closer randomly. He wasn't a superstar but definitely played at a star level.

I know we all love Khris, just don't like seeing people think he wasn't very good in the finals, one look at the stat sheet will tell you otherwise
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#1591 » by Plossum » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:49 am

Mr Dunn will be back in the new year when Khris hits a lean patch to tell us these playoffs were a fluke and this is who Khris really is. Book it.
#LockUpChuck
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1592 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:57 pm

H2tObes wrote:I really don't think Khris was streaky in the playoffs, streaky is when a guy like CJ McCollum wins you 1 game then loses the next 2 because he does nothing well besides shoot. When you're a shooter like Khris you're going to have bad shooting nights every once in a while. His all around game for the playoff run was wayyy better than I expected, and of course he became a godlike closer randomly. He wasn't a superstar but definitely played at a star level.

I know we all love Khris, just don't like seeing people think he wasn't very good in the finals, one look at the stat sheet will tell you otherwise

I'm not sure I agree with the streaky definition, but do agree Khris was star-level and great in the finals. I think some might be remembering his rough starts to a couple games and the complaining in the GTs - and he did have one clunker overall (Game 2) - but he came back and lit up the second half a couple times. I remember Game 1 felt particularly maddening to start, but he ended up being the reason we were even remotely close. He was also excellent on the boards and passing, as usual.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1593 » by SirChurros » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:16 pm

H2tObes wrote:I really don't think Khris was streaky in the playoffs, streaky is when a guy like CJ McCollum wins you 1 game then loses the next 2 because he does nothing well besides shoot. When you're a shooter like Khris you're going to have bad shooting nights every once in a while. His all around game for the playoff run was wayyy better than I expected, and of course he became a godlike closer randomly. He wasn't a superstar but definitely played at a star level.

Amen to this. 100% spot on.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1594 » by 4xBuck » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:56 pm

H2tObes wrote:I really don't think Khris was streaky in the playoffs, streaky is when a guy like CJ McCollum wins you 1 game then loses the next 2 because he does nothing well besides shoot.

Exactly.

He shot poorly like four out of twenty three games. He was pretty awesome at most everything else and was a cold blooded assassin closer the entire run.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1595 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:24 pm

He stopped dribbling off his foot. He made good entry and lob passes. Just doing those things consistently made him so much more of a threat on offense.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#1596 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:53 pm

I’m so happy for Khris and watching all his big moments throughout the years finally payoff now. So happy he will be forever solidified in NBA and Bucks history.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#1597 » by falcolombardi » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:47 pm

if middleton adds a gold medal and starts making some all star teams after earning some recognition from 2021

what are the odds he makes the hall of fame ?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1598 » by blazza18 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:49 pm

I think the good thing this run was even on his bad shooting nights, and he had a few, he didn't change and that what was one of the differences this year. I don't think 18/19/20 Middleton has that game 7 finish in Brooklyn or game 3 in Atlanta.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#1599 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:59 pm

falcolombardi wrote:if middleton adds a gold medal and starts making some all star teams after earning some recognition from 2021

what are the odds he makes the hall of fame ?

Needs 4 or 5 more all star games at minimum, the thing that will probably keep him out is the no all nba teams. It’s jam packed for wings and he couldn’t even get one his career year. I see him getting 2 or 3 more all stars after this run and ending up with a hall of very good career. Not as good as him but like Kevin Johnson status.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#1600 » by DingleJerry » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:05 am

He's also only at just under 10K total pts at age 30. Not gonna be easy to get to that magic 20K number, darn near impossible. Not that you need that to make it, but it's one of those things that almost assures it if you do.

Assuming a solid 4-6 years he has left he won't quite get to HOF level, which I thin is correct actually. He's not at that level imo.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks