Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm

The Indiana Pacers are discussing a potential Myles Turner trade with multiple teams this offseason. The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason in Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.

"They are having trade conversations," said Kevin O'Connor. "I believe I had it in my story that they've had some conversations with the Pacers, the Pacers have been one of the more active teams, the name that I've heard involved in those conversations is Myles Turner."

The fit of Turner alongside Domantas Sabonis has been frequently debated since both are best suited at center in today's NBA.

Turner is signed through the 22-23 season at $18 million per season. 

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#2 » by dubbmotta » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Would be a good fit with the Hornets
Tamimi
Junior
And1: 30

Post#3 » by Tamimi » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:15 pm

I would look at him if I were Dallas.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 666

Post#4 » by jk31 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:09 pm

no! Turner is the better teamfit longterm than Sabonis! Sure, Sabonis is the better Player, but Sabonis as lone 5 will make the Pacers irrelevant for years to come.
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,243

Post#5 » by RoxSteady » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:55 pm

“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

I thought Hayward was a Hornet.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#6 » by kuclas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:14 pm

RoxSteady wrote:“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:30 pm

dubbmotta wrote:Would be a good fit with the Hornets

Graham or Rozier for Turner?
Go Knicks!
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#8 » by 23artest23 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:27 pm

I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Pacers send to the Warriors

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Warriors send to the Pacers
Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14
23artest23
Head Coach

Post#9 » by 23artest23 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:Would be a good fit with the Hornets

Graham or Rozier for Turner?

Pretty doubtful the Pacers would have interest in either now. I believe they likely have had interest in both in the past but I don't see it with our current roster. I think the Pacers are probably looking for draft capital first and foremost.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Turner and Holiday (ether one) for CJ McCollum
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#11 » by puja21 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:06 am

kuclas wrote:
RoxSteady wrote:“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/

he was confused because he didn't read carefully and missed this part of the sentence: "The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason"
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,243

Post#12 » by RoxSteady » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:39 am

puja21 wrote:
kuclas wrote:

he was confused because he didn't read carefully and missed this part of the sentence: "The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason"

Yep, guilty!
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,034

Post#13 » by LuDux1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:39 pm

23artest23 wrote:I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14

Sabonis and Wiseman seems to be worse fit than Sabonis and Turner or Sabonis and Goga
23artest23
Head Coach

Post#14 » by 23artest23 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:54 pm

LuDux1 wrote:
23artest23 wrote:I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14

Sabonis and Wiseman seems to be worse fit than Sabonis and Turner or Sabonis and Goga

I don't see how you can reach that conclusion off a tiny sample size in college and a partial year with the Warriors. Wiseman is extremely young and his game is too. Both will grow and mature. The trade isn't about getting a center next to Sabonis either but rather about the Pacers Holy Grail...a true rebuild that comes about without the losing.
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,034

Post#15 » by LuDux1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:59 pm

WT
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#16 » by puja21 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm

RoxSteady wrote:
puja21 wrote:
kuclas wrote:Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

Yep, guilty!

I only knew bc it happens to me all the time

Return to Wiretap Discussion