ImageImage

Khris Middleton Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1601 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:19 am

The only people that need to be getting dunked on for bad takes here post-championship are the ones still spouting those bad takes IMO. Like if anyone still thinks we need to trade Giannis for Bam or Lillard or whatever. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1602 » by midranger » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:21 am

David Dunn makes the best videos so I hope he posts here again.

Re: Middleton; everyone is right. We win a championship in 2019 if he’s someone else. We don’t win a championship in 2021 if he’s someone else. Everyone get over over yourselves. My god.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#1603 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 am

AussieBuck wrote:The only people that need to be getting dunked on for bad takes here post-championship are the ones still spouting those bad takes IMO. Like if anyone still thinks we need to trade Giannis for Bam or Lillard or whatever. :)

damn straight!! :lol:
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1604 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:43 am

midranger wrote:David Dunn makes the best videos so I hope he posts here again.

Re: Middleton; everyone is right. We win a championship in 2019 if he’s someone else. We don’t win a championship in 2021 if he’s someone else. Everyone get over over yourselves. My god.

hot take!!

brogdon and bojan instead would have got us there you think?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#1605 » by buckboy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 am

So glad we're back to normal.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1606 » by hege53190 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:56 am

If Giannis is the Player he is today instead of the player he was then we are in the Finals. If Bud is the Coach he is today instead of the Coach he was then we are in the Finals. We lost Game 3 in Overtime of that series to go up 3-0 with Giannis in foul trouble/fouling out and going 2-7 on free throws. Basically you could say if anything changed that game/ series we are in the finals. Middleton did have a clunker but a number of other participants (Mirotic, Bledsoe, Giannis, Bud) had pretty big mishaps too.

Also about that series, Middleton didn't shoot. It wasn't that he didn't make it. He didn't shoot. Namely because I would have to go back and watch the series again but I believe they walled off Giannis, played Middleton in his shorts with Kawhi/Green/Powell and dared Mirotic, Bledsoe, Lopez and the rest to beat them. Plus Our Coach took away from Middleton that season the part of his game that is elite and helped win a title for us this year. His midrange game.

That was a really good defensive Toronto team with Middleton filling a completely different role than he did today. You can say if Middleton was any other player we would have won but I don't think people understand other players even stars have clunker playoff games/series. FFS- Look at Dame. He is a 41% career playoff shooter and has a ton of clunker shooting games/series. Kobe shot 6/24 in a finals clincher and 40% for the series to win MVP. Middleton is not on Dame's tier or close to Kobe. Hell you say swap Middleton with any other player but, honestly, besides Ray Allen I don't know if you have a case for any player in Bucks history since 1990.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#1607 » by hege53190 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:40 am

BTW- Another reason I love Middleton. Watch the final 30 seconds of game 6. Bucks up 6 with around 20 seconds left Bucks inbounding the Ball. Suns fouling no matter what. 2 players there to receive the inbound pass with a press, Khris and Giannis. Khris pointing at Giannis hard for the inbounds pass and a fist pump when he gets the ball and fouled. As the announcers saying that was dumb Giannis is shooting the free throw well but you need to get the ball into Khris or Jrue there.

Dunn would say Khris is shying away from the moment but others would note that the game was pretty much over Giannis had a monster game (49 at that point), on the cusp of history with a 50 point game and deserves the chance to ice it (which it basically already was).

Minor moment but kind of shows Khris knows his role, loves to see others succeed and his love for Giannis. It was completely the right thing to do. I don't know how many people think of it there considering that it is Khris's role to ice the game with free throws.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1608 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:58 pm

hege53190 wrote:

If Giannis is the Player he is today instead of the player he was then we are in the Finals. If Bud is the Coach he is today instead of the Coach he was then we are in the Finals. We lost Game 3 in Overtime of that series to go up 3-0 with Giannis in foul trouble/fouling out and going 2-7 on free throws. Basically you could say if anything changed that game/ series we are in the finals. Middleton did have a clunker but a number of other participants (Mirotic, Bledsoe, Giannis, Bud) had pretty big mishaps too.

Also about that series, Middleton didn't shoot. It wasn't that he didn't make it. He didn't shoot. Namely because I would have to go back and watch the series again but I believe they walled off Giannis, played Middleton in his shorts with Kawhi/Green/Powell and dared Mirotic, Bledsoe, Lopez and the rest to beat them. Plus Our Coach took away from Middleton that season the part of his game that is elite and helped win a title for us this year. His midrange game.

That was a really good defensive Toronto team with Middleton filling a completely different role than he did today. You can say if Middleton was any other player we would have won but I don't think people understand other players even stars have clunker playoff games/series. FFS- Look at Dame. He is a 41% career playoff shooter and has a ton of clunker shooting games/series. Kobe shot 6/24 in a finals clincher and 40% for the series to win MVP. Middleton is not on Dame's tier or close to Kobe. Hell you say swap Middleton with any other player but, honestly, besides Ray Allen I don't know if you have a case for any player in Bucks history since 1990.

dont worry.....it was a completely trash take he had. maybe i should defend my trade giannis posts and say i was right to want to trade him because before he missed his free throws.... and since now he make them and i dont want to trade him anymore..... that im right again!! im always right!! :noway:

just a total trash take.

plus... telling middleton supporters to get over themselves for ribbing the haters is a bigtime total bitch move. he has to get a jab in personally so HE can be the bigger man. i mean these are malignant personality traits here.

i just wouldnt worry about it
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#1609 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:13 pm

So to respond to the HoF question, Joe Johnson had a really nice stretch in his mid to late 20s, similar enough to Khris and I doubt he was ever considered for HoF. Similar to Mike Finley, just good players but not enough accolades to ever warrant HoF discussion.

For the record, basketball ref has a HoF probability %, and Khris is .6%
Joe Johnson is 50%, Finley is 1.5% and just for fun Giannis is at 67.9%
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1610 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:18 pm

how the hell can giannis be only 68%. that needs to update
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#1611 » by hege53190 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:37 pm

M-C-G wrote:So to respond to the HoF question, Joe Johnson had a really nice stretch in his mid to late 20s, similar enough to Khris and I doubt he was ever considered for HoF. Similar to Mike Finley, just good players but not enough accolades to ever warrant HoF discussion.

Middleton's probability is quite a bit higher IMO, still not likely but if the Bucks win another title with him as an important piece. I think it is hard to keep him out. Maybe not a lock but really hard to keep out. I like the Bucks chances to win another title. Middleton's likelihood would probably be better if he got that all-nba in 2020 over Tatum and could have snuck onto the all-star game this year.

Giannis at 68% is a complete joke. Even if he never played another game. 2 x MVP. A title with that performance. He is a lock right now. I get it is an algorithm but it is still pretty terrible numbers.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1612 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:how the hell can giannis be only 68%. that needs to update

Yeah it was 100% when he won his first MVP.

As for Middleton, hopefully there's a lot more of his story to be written yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#1613 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:52 pm

Honestly, I didn't know anyone paid attention to the basketball HOF.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1614 » by emunney » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:52 pm

M-C-G wrote:So to respond to the HoF question, Joe Johnson had a really nice stretch in his mid to late 20s, similar enough to Khris and I doubt he was ever considered for HoF. Similar to Mike Finley, just good players but not enough accolades to ever warrant HoF discussion.

I'll tell you right now Joe Johnson is a lock. You don't make 7 ASGs and miss the Hall. Doesn't happen. Khris is a long way from his resume even if "closer on a champ" makes up some ground.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1615 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm

if dandridge can get in id like to think mids can. needs to double his resume with asg's and another ring. lets hope thats something he can do right??

i never saw dandridge play but from a sheer resume deal middleton looks like he can achieve his bar
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#1616 » by buckboy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Needs a couple all-NBA nods. Get to 5 AS mininum, 2 all-NBA, another ring.

Tall order, but possible.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#1617 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:14 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if dandridge can get in id like to think mids can. needs to double his resume with asg's and another ring. lets hope thats something he can do right??

i never saw dandridge play but from a sheer resume deal middleton looks like he can achieve his bar

Dandridge won rings with two different teams.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1618 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if dandridge can get in id like to think mids can. needs to double his resume with asg's and another ring. lets hope thats something he can do right??

i turned 49 the night we won. dont remember a lick of him. who leaves the greater impression on you?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#1619 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

i turned 49 the night we won. dont remember a lick of him. who leaves the greater impression on you?

I only really saw Dandridge with the Bullets. Was a damn excellent player. Can’t compare the two because of eras.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1620 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 am

emunney wrote:

I'll tell you right now Joe Johnson is a lock. You don't make 7 ASGs and miss the Hall. Doesn't happen. Khris is a long way from his resume even if "closer on a champ" makes up some ground.

On the other hand, no player has ever made the HOF with zero All-NBA 1st, 2nd, or All-Defense teams and one or fewer All-NBA 3rd teams on their resume. Joe Johnson would be unprecedented in that regard.
Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks