Moderator: ijspeelman

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens. 

Post#1 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Mmmh...

Aiyä!

From the Great Lakes....https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1754984
... to The Salt Plains...https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1755911
... to Desert Valley...https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1866693
... back to the Tundra and now...

What are you guys? I'm asking seriously here.

I honestly never followed your team (watched it a bit closer during Wade/LeBald era and that's it).
But now, of course, I know I'm Cavaliers fans since my childhood.

No shame at all.

Bandwagoning in progress...ImageImage
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Re: Space reserved for RRubio Troll Nòmades. 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:28 am

The Cavs are a team that keeps giving big minutes to 19 year olds that don't know what they're doing. They have some vets, but they keep getting hurt. I fully expect Rubio to join the later category.

We needed a backup PG that can defend either guard position. Some would argue we still need a SF, but we do have a couple of prospects we can hope will take a big step next year in Isaac Okoro and Dylan Winder. Larry Nance has also played some SF as well.

Oh, and to keep things spicy, at least for now we still have Ricky's former teammate and good buddy Kevin Love on the roster.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:36 am

JonFromVA wrote:The Cavs are a team that keeps giving big minutes to 19 year olds that don't know what they're doing. They have some vets, but they keep getting hurt. I fully expect Rubio to join the later category.

We needed a backup PG that can defend either guard position. Some would argue we still need a SF, but we do have a couple of prospects we can hope will take a big step next year in Isaac Okoro and Dylan Winder. Larry Nance has also played some SF as well.

Oh, and to keep things spicy, at least for now we still have Ricky's former teammate and good buddy Kevin Love on the roster.
K. Love is going to play most of his minutes off the bench. You throw Sexton into that unit for serious minutes, and it's night and day versus last season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#4 » by tundraknight » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:20 am

The Cavaliers got their Delly replacement.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#5 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Any extra room left on the Cavs bandwagon?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#6 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Any extra room left on the Cavs bandwagon?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
avempace
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#7 » by avempace » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 pm

I will make myself comfortable!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:35 pm

tundraknight wrote:The Cavaliers got their Delly replacement.
I like Delly the person, I love his work ethic and toughness, but Rubio is a lot better than Delly. A lot.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:36 am

At this rate Cavs fans on the board are going to quickly be outnumbered by Rubio fans, but hey maybe we can turn some.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,390

Post#10 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:42 am

jbk1234 wrote:
I like Delly the person, I love his work ethic and toughness, but Rubio is a lot better than Delly. A lot.

Yeah, alot better but at the end of the day Delly will retire with a championship while Rubio wont. :(
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:19 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Yeah, alot better but at the end of the day Delly will retire with a championship while Rubio wont. :(

Championships aren't supposed to come easy, but if Ricky really wants to ring chase he'll have that opportunity in a year.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#12 » by LivingLegend » Tue Aug 3, 2021 12:30 am

Had no idea Rubio had a fan following. Welcome!
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#13 » by tundraknight » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:58 am

jbk1234 wrote:

Indeed.. btw Rubio just dropped 38 points on 13-20 FG. Despite Spain losing to USA that’s still very impressive.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#14 » by sisibilio » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:07 am

LivingLegend wrote:Had no idea Rubio had a fan following. Welcome!

He has the most devoted fanbase in Spain, even bigger than Pau in his heyday probably.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#15 » by LivingLegend » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:27 pm

Not sure if its just me, but is there a reason Rubio always looks miserable? Even watching the game last night I dont think I saw him crack a smile once. He literally looks depressed playing basketball.
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#16 » by RiRuHoops » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:04 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Not sure if its just me, but is there a reason Rubio always looks miserable? Even watching the game last night I dont think I saw him crack a smile once. He literally looks depressed playing basketball.

He just learned a few days ago that he's joining the Cavs, he's not going to look happy, and then he learned that he's to play USA in 1/4 finals, that's a lot of bad news in a week.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#17 » by LivingLegend » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:34 pm

RiRuHoops wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Not sure if its just me, but is there a reason Rubio always looks miserable? Even watching the game last night I dont think I saw him crack a smile once. He literally looks depressed playing basketball.

He just learned a few days ago that he's joining the Cavs, he's not going to look happy, and then he learned that he's to play USA in 1/4 finals, that's a lot of bad news in a week.

That's fair, but at some point he has to ask himself why in 10 years no contender has gone out of their way to get his services.

If he plays on the Cavs like he did against USA, the Cavs will be a playoff team--theres all of the incentive he needs.
avempace
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#18 » by avempace » Thu Aug 5, 2021 7:58 am

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/juegos-olimpicos/2021/08/04/610a53f9fc6c8336348b45ea.html

P. Casi hemos pasado por alto que Ricky acabó con 38 puntos. ¿Cómo puede ser tan diferente al jugador que vemos en la NBA?

R. Son muchos años de comodidad, de confianza, de reconocimiento de su rol en este equipo. Y una evolución mental y técnica en las últimas temporadas que nosotros hemos tenido la oportunidad de disfrutar porque se lo hemos permitido. Sin embargo, lamentablemente, en la NBA, donde hay un número de jugadores impresionantes en su posición, no han sabido cogerle el punto del todo y se le ha encasillado demasiado rápido. Le han hecho renunciar a poder expresar en la cancha sus mejoras en la faceta anotadora.

Translated:

Q. We have almost overlooked that Ricky finished with 38 points. How can he be so different from the player we see in the NBA?

R. They have been many years of comfort, of trust, of recognition of his role in this team. And a mental and technical evolution in recent seasons that we have had the opportunity to enjoy because we have allowed it. However, sadly, in the NBA, where there are an impressive number of players in his position, they have failed to get the point completely and he has been pigeonholed too quickly. They have made him give up being able to express his improvements in the scoring facet on the court.

So Scariolo does not agree with the label "not a scoring PG".

Rubio has not visited the playoff frequently, but another example of his competitive capabilities, choosing a playoff against Westbrook to get a triple doble: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23281874/utah-jazz-take-2-1-series-lead-oklahoma-city-thunder-ricky-rubio-triple-double

Hopefully the Cavs can get the best of him!
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#19 » by sisibilio » Thu Aug 5, 2021 3:45 pm

To be fair he used to be pretty turrible finishing around the basket and inconsistent with his 3 pt shooting until very recently, but has clearly improved.
Now i could see him scoring 15+ ppg with good efficiency if given starter minutes.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#20 » by JonFromVA » Thu Aug 5, 2021 5:54 pm

sisibilio wrote:To be fair he used to be pretty turrible finishing around the basket and inconsistent with his 3 pt shooting until very recently, but has clearly improved.
Now i could see him scoring 15+ ppg with good efficiency if given starter minutes.

We'll see how he plays after this Summer, but Rubio isn't going to get the nod over either Garland or Sexton based on his scoring ability. Both of our young guards shoot and finish better than Ricky.

If Ricky ends up starting, it'll be because of how he runs the offense, provides leadership, and gets everyone else involved.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers